Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,958 members, 7,841,688 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (16398 Views)

I Don't Understand God / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
Can you read Act 2 especially verse 4.
Most times when i peak in tongues like that,i believe i am in the realm of intercession,depends on how the Spirit directs.
thanks i will read it now
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Lordlexyy: 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: i am not very deep in the scripture and have been trying to read the bible from genesis to revelation giving myself a target but could'nt meet up. Am reading psalm now before i noticed the change of language. Am still a learner when it comes to the scripture and knowing more about God.
Sorry arcbabe if i'm a bit harsh, i thougth you were making fun of the experience you had. Wish you more spiritual bliss and insight into what God has made available for you.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: The true disciples of 'Jesus' spoke in other tongues with meaningful words which people clearly understood them[Acts 2:4-15].The op is speaking a language which she can't comprehend and you called that spiritual language? Rababa,Shamama and all other abracadabra you are speaking is rubbish.No communication is talking place.
The Lord rebuke you,you fowl spirit of LIES and CONFUSION working in the life of lanre...
Like i said,a Spirtually dead man will not understand.
And who told you those Jesus disciples understands what they were saying?
Do you know they were only speaking in languages unknown to them but known to people around them?
That is why it is called unknown tongues.
Ogaa go to your ========>cave abeg.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: The true disciples of 'Jesus' spoke in other tongues with meaningful words which people clearly understood them[Acts 2:4-15].The op is speaking a language which she can't comprehend and you called that spiritual language? Rababa,Shamama and all other abracadabra you are speaking is rubbish.No communication is talking place.
pls get me right,am not speaking it for anyone to comprehend,i was praying alone when the change in language occured. There was no one praying with me,it was just me and i couldn't understand what i was speaking but guess only the holy spirit can understand the language that is what people say.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lordlexyy: Sorry arcbabe if i'm a bit harsh, i thougth you were making fun of the experience you had. Wish you more spiritual bliss and insight into what God has made available for you.
thank you,i appreciate your contribution.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
I am not here to argue with you or derail the Thread,
Damn it,don't dodge my question.Where did 'Jesus' spoke jargons in the bible?
I am here to help a sister who is encountering the Spirit of God and having a good time in God's presence.
Good time when speaking rubbish? Is that God's spirit? No wonder,they are also speaking jargons in the christian heaven[2 corinthians 12:4].
You can join the train too by accepting Jesus into your Life,He said anyone that believs in Him,from d persn shall flow springs of Living water-the Holy spirit comes from Jesus and speaking in tongue is one of the gifts of the Spirit,it is only for the Spiritually mature,those that have accepted Jesus into their lives as their Lord and saviour.
So if you want an encounter too,you know what to do.
Encounter with 'a white man' in my closet right? I don't need an encounter,I am in love with my creator.
Say:Verily,my Salat (prayer),my sacrifice, my living,and my dying are for Allah,the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind,jinns and all that exists)[Surah Al-Anam 6:162].

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
The Lord rebuke you,you fowl spirit of LIES and CONFUSION working in the life of lanre...
Not Fowl spirit,it's Eagle spirit.Mtcheew.
Like i said,a Spirtually dead man will not understand.
I don't speak jargons please and 'Jesus' too never spoke jargons.We shared a common trait.
And who told you those Jesus disciples understands what they were saying?
Do you know they were only speaking in languages unknown to them but known to people around them?
That is why it is called unknown tongues.
Ogaa go to your ========>cave abeg.
Are you blind or you've comprehension problem? I said the people around them understood what they said and those words were meaningful to those people.The disciples were speaking in foreign tongues known to man.The op is speaking a language unknown to her and if we ask her to repeat what she said,I am sure no one will understand that language she spoke in because it's rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: Not Fowl spirit,it's Eagle spirit.Mtcheew.

I don't speak jargons please and 'Jesus' too never spoke jargons.We shared a common trait.
Are you blind or you've comprehension problem? I said the people around them understood what they said and those words were meaningful to those people.The disciples were speaking in foreign tongues known to man.The op is speaking a language unknown to her and if we ask her to repeat what she said,I am sure no one will understand that language she spoke in because it's rubbish.
***yawns***
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Lordlexyy: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Read 1 Cor 14, the whole chapter then come back to me. The human tongue that the early apostles spoke in the upper room was simply for a sign about the dynamism, ability and power of the Holy Spirit to the people around there, to convince them of His might and presence and to prove to them that with God nothing is impossible. He chosed to speak through the aposles to the people in their natural languages to bring them to the faith by the miracle of speaking in their natural languages. But years later, after He(Holy Spirit) had establishes Himself, He had deem it fit to express Himself in divine language that better communicate the depthness of God which He originally intended.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: thank you,i appreciate your contribution.
it takes a Spiritual man to understand d things of the Spirit,God has started a Journey with you,the Spirit of God has started a walk with you...i pray you grow more in Him.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: Not Fowl spirit,it's Eagle spirit.Mtcheew.

what is your point exactly,pls i need assistance from christians who are deep in the scripture and pastors not any discouragement. What do you suggest i do now? Force myself to stop speaking in the strange language or you want me not to pray at all?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: what is your point exactly,pls i need assistance from christians who are deep in the scripture and pastors not any discouragement. What do you suggest i do now? Force myself to stop speaking in the strange language or you want me not to pray at all?
If you are expecting any encouragement from him,u r only wasting ur time,what you are askin of is nothing to him,he is a muslim who has no spirit of God in Him.
He is a man of the flesh not of the Spirit,please ignore him and his posts.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
mintayo is so confused its not a guesswork, any longer. how are you mintayo not a man with flesh and bone? even angels that are spirit are not this arrogant because they appear to man as human. your living in nigeria is only in spirit? come off it, man.

@mintayo; if you said the disciples spoke in language unknown to them, but known to the people around them, one of two conditions will be prevailing.

the disciples were speaking people in the languages of those people who are foreigners in the country of the disciple or in the country where the disciple is a foreigner.

since Jesus didn't speak in foreign language because he was sent by God to the people of his bloodline; the children of Israel, i am wondering how it concerns you, a yoruba ma, a non israeli?

how is a woman in Nigeria speaking in a language that she is not familiar with to herself? youre doing the same, a thing neither Jesus nor his disciple did means you have a spirit acting upon you, sending you further away from the way of Jesus and the prophets.

No benefit in speaking to yourself in an unknown language. And how do you arrive at the spirit is interceding on yourself, when you were not told this as part of the duties of Another Comforter by Jesus, his disciples didnt say he told them this? this you get this from Paul? this is different from Jesus, after him, Another Comforter. this means you are on the wrong path.

You may have been exhausted, the reason you are talking in tongue to yourself. if you speak a known language [eg mandarin [chinese local language] to a belgian [french is his language], you will be talking to the wind as far as he is concern.

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Dannylux: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: Dull God how? Pls explain

You belong with him. Answer his call!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
it takes a Spiritual man to understand d things of the Spirit,God has started a Journey with you,the Spirit of God has started a walk with you...i pray you grow more in Him.
Amen thanks
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dannylux:

You belong with him. Answer his call!
may God's will be done in my life.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
@archbabe; listen and listen good. satan is very deceptive and his evil ways are many. he knows that you wish you speak in tongue. so he confuse your tongue and that is his way of getting you rigid on a wrong path. satan also appears to many who want to see Jesus. he let them see a man looking as the western/european guy they though Jesus is. these people left Islam, when we all know no painting or picture of Jesus exists. in the west, say USA where space engineering is more advance, he makes them see aliens because that is the desire, their dream. notice that alien sighting is not something common in africa. satan, the evil aljaanu knows what will get you, so he feeds you with it.

next time you are speaking in strange language, seek the protection of God, The Creator from satan the accursed. i am personally guaranteeing that God The Creator will straighten your path and if the strange language is evil, it will not return to you. Then you can then research Islam. i am inviting you to Islam when the strange language disappear from your life and your heart is at peace. May God Protect you from the evil one. Amin.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
RoyPCain: @archbabe; listen and listen good. satan is very deceptive and his evil ways are many. he knows that you wish you speak in tongue. so he confuse your tongue and that is his way of getting you rigid on a wrong path. satan also appears to many who want to see Jesus. he let them see a man looking as the western/european guy they though Jesus is. these people left Islam, when we all know no painting or picture of Jesus exists. in the west, say USA where space engineering is more advance, he makes them see aliens because that is the desire, their dream. notice that alien sighting is not something common in africa. satan, the evil aljaanu knows what will get you, so he feeds you with it.

next time you are speaking in strange language, seek the protection of God, The Creator from satan the accursed. i am personally guaranteeing that God The Creator will straighten your path and if the strange language is evil, it will not return to you. Then you can then research Islam. i am inviting you to Islam when the strange language disappear from your life and your heart is at peace. May God Protect you from the evil one. Amin.
Anothe muslim talking gibberishly...a fleshy man talking abt the things of the spirit...smh.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: Amen thanks
You are welcome.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: i am not very deep in the scripture and have been trying to read the bible from genesis to revelation giving myself a target but could'nt meet up. Am reading psalm now before i noticed the change of language. Am still a learner when it comes to the scripture and knowing more about God.
I'm so grateful to God that you have received the Holy Spirit, this is the starting point of you fully enjoying that which is yours.
I see you are quite young in the faith. I'd advise that you invest intensively in the new testament for the moment till you have acquired strength from the Word.
And lastly, you'd do well not to swallow everything on nl. Some are actually out to destroy the faith of others. Some are already on this thread. Be guided.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mint, your response to this folks is quite hilarious. grin
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: what is your point exactly,pls i need assistance from christians who are deep in the scripture and pastors not any discouragement. What do you suggest i do now? Force myself to stop speaking in the strange language or you want me not to pray at all?
Pray against the enemies of darkness.Don't let Jinns possesses you.Speaking jargons isn't from God.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
RoyPCain: @archbabe; listen and listen good. satan is very deceptive and his evil ways are many. he knows that you wish you speak in tongue. so he confuse your tongue and that is his way of getting you rigid on a wrong path. satan also appears to many who want to see Jesus. he let them see a man looking as the western/european guy they though Jesus is. these people left Islam, when we all know no painting or picture of Jesus exists. in the west, say USA where space engineering is more advance, he makes them see aliens because that is the desire, their dream. notice that alien sighting is not something common in africa. satan, the evil aljaanu knows what will get you, so he feeds you with it.

i didn't force myself to speak in tongue,it just came on it own. My dad was a muslim but he's late now and my dad's relative are muslims but am a christian.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
idnoble135:
I'm so grateful to God that you have received the Holy Spirit, this is the starting point of you fully enjoying that which is yours.
I see you are quite young in the faith. I'd advise that you invest intensively in the new testament for the moment till you have acquired strength from the Word.
And lastly, you'd do well not to swallow everything on nl. Some are actually out to destroy the faith of others. Some are already on this thread. Be guided.
Op,i will avise you stick and take heed of the bolded...Let te Bible guide you and may the Spirit of God guide you too.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
If you are expecting any encouragement from him,u r only wasting ur time,what you are askin of is nothing to him,he is a muslim who has no spirit of God in Him.
He is a man of the flesh not of the Spirit,please ignore him and his posts.
Lwkmd,brainwashed fella which spirit was breathed into you when you were born? Satan's spirit abi? Christians are funny,your own soul will be whispering to you and you will claim you are filled with 'holy spirit'.Smh

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: i didn't force myself to speak in tongue,it just came on it own. My dad was a muslim but he's late now and my dad's relative are muslims but am a christian.
Thats the Joy of the Spirit of God,the Spirit of God don't force people,it is only the devil that forces people to belive a LIE...He only uses a willing and obedient heart and i can tell you that was what He sees in you hence His manfestations through you,He has started with you,dnt let the devil cheat you,stay with the Word and the Holy Spirit,He will lead you aright.
Don't allow a feeble minded and some spiritually dead people to misquide you.
I have a muslim background too and it is not a road that i wana walk again,my dad was a muslim too bt thank God He died a christain.
May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
idnoble135: Mint, your response to this folks is quite hilarious. grin
cheesysmileycheesy
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ckkris: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Two things that CONFUSE moslems 1) Speaking in tongues, 2) Miracles. You have one, and same God that gave it to you, will also give you a thrilling miracle, also privately, so that no one can confuse you. You will see in 1 Corinthians 14, that there are 2 kinds of tongues. One is speaking by your mind, which you can understand. The second is speaking by your human spirit, which may be understood by other human languages, or purely heavenly language that perfectly express your best intentions & desires.

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: Lwkmd,brainwashed fella which spirit was breathed into you when you were born? Satan's spirit abi? Christians are funny,your own soul will be whispering to you and you will claim you are filled with 'holy spirit'.Smh
I will just have to ignore you again...lol.
But on a second thought let me clear something for the sake of those that wana know the truth.
We are made in God's image...man is a spirit,who has a soul and embedded in a body.
The Holy Spirit(not some kinda dead prophet) enters into anyman that has accepted Jesus as His Lord and saviour-born again. Such a man is now a new being,a Spiritual man...
I could continue but like I said,a spiritually dead man cannot comprehend the deep things of God bcus God is a Spirit.
# pls dnt quote me again because i am not gonna answer you, and I am gona report u to d mod cus u r derailing the thread. Even though we v discusses dis in so many threads but that veil covering you needs to be removed and I pray God will do that asap cause the time is near and i want to dine with you in heaven with christ.cheesy
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
@archbabe:
by arcbabe(f): 7:49pm

i didn't force myself to speak in tongue,it just came on it own. My dad was a muslim but he's late now and my dad's relative are muslims but am a christian.
my darling sister, may God forgive your father. Your mom is probably christian or you go with what is trendy among the nigerians of today. Church is a big business and i have people like you in my life. a niece change religion, and she is the only one men are not looking at among her siblings. I am working hard to get her married. Speaking in touch, you dont have to force yourself. but the evil one does force people to do evil by arguing over good thoughts and by bringing out the desire of the heart. in your case it is 'real belief to speak in tongue'. Islam is there and as I have said, I swear by God Who creates all,your safety is in what Muhammad [SA] brought. what your father [ra] died upon. Go back to it and leave the rest. My email is example my moniker on yahoo.com. connect with me. I am far away from you and only guidance of the soul we shall discuss.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ckkris: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:

We are made in God's image...man is a spirit,who has a soul and embedded in a body.

cheesy
Best thing is to ignore the moslems, as is generally done in Nigeria. They cannot understand. Even many Christians don't understand these spiritual FACTS. Arcbabe now stands in equality with everyone that worships The Most High, Jew, Gentile, Black, White, educated or not, rich or poor. But she now has a RESPONSIBILITY, to teach others, and help those that are yet to be gifted, as she has been, straight from The Throne of Grace.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
Thats the Joy of the Spirit of God,the Spirit of God don't force people,it is only the devil that forces people to belive a LIE...He only uses a willing and obedient heart and i can tell you that was what He sees in you hence His manfestations through you,He has started with you,dnt let the devil cheat you,stay with the Word and the Holy Spirit,He will lead you aright.
Don't allow a feeble minded and some spiritually dead people to misquide you.
I have a muslim background too and it is not a road that i wana walk again,my dad was a muslim too bt thank God He died a christain.
May God bless you.
Amen thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Leke Adeboye: Politicians Become Strong Church Members When Election Is Near / Pastor Adeboye And Wife, Folu Celebrate 54th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.