Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide (13641 Views)

Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC / Lecturers Promise To End Sexual Harassment & Extortion Of Students On Campuses / Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by excelkoms: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
fashoo2010: Na wa oooo...dis FG action will only prolong d strike,its better they solve it amicably
prolong the strike you say? Is d strike not already overdue? Dis ASUU ppl dnt really care about d students dey claim to be fighting for. Meanwhile let me remind you dat RSUST chapter of ASUU have been on strike for close to 2years now but normal academic activities have been taking place dia. What R/state govt did was to lay off all d striking lecturers dt refused to resume n employ new ppl. Though, d case is in court but, trust me, its a case dt may linger for decades, a period during wc a handful of dia members must hav passed on. ASUU shud jst put an end to dis dia madness!!!

4 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by mmimahbub(m): 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Boye94: I have a Dream, dat 1 day, I'll be d first to comment. grin
Don't worry, you will soon be like me. Work hard bro!
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thank you o my brother.
1313: If the federal government is sincere in their promise to ASUU, why can't they sign that agreement? Verbal agreement in this country is a deceptive strategy to push this issue aside. Why give them ultimatum when it comes to making your agreement formal and binding? I trust ASUU. Let's wait and see how the drama unfolds.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by WHIZBRO(m): 11:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
I must say that these lecturers have been high handed throughout the duration of these strike and have not acted in Good faith, its high time they get paid in their own dime, I'm no fan of Jonathan but I'm with him on this.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by TBrownAuto(m): 12:00am On Nov 29, 2013
samtin: presido GEJ is the best man for naija.... he makes sure he exhaust all options needed for peaceful negotiations.. before plan B... SOE testifies.... ASUU is abt to go down... time to ban ASUU... retarded our lives bunch of old fools
so sorry for you are the young fools
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Cmfrt001(f): 12:00am On Nov 29, 2013
Providing security to empty campuses? Funny act. Federal Government should better stop using force on this lecturers because it will only prolong the strike. And if they think they can coerce the vice chancellors to call off the strike, then they should have it at the back of their minds that the VCs are not lecturers so therefore, they should make haste in granting the lecturers their demands before it's too late. Na we students dey suffer pass*trying to remember my dept*.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2013
Gud moves by the president. We must nt leave our future in d hands of those greedy ASUU members. If they want tough, then they shul get it tough. I would prefer we stay at home even 1 year, so the government can re-interview, review n re-employ those lecturers, only those that are fit into the system, retire d lazy ones(not sack). Then make it like contract employment that would be reviewed every 4-5yrs! I bet this would keep the new employees on their toes! *just my opinion though!

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Afrok(m): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2013
Hahaha.... I dey laff grin, NPF wan show face because FG az ordered Universities to re-open? Abeg make Una tell dem say we get our own security officers for school, better still we're not returning to school to fight. Dey should ensure our Santa clauses returns back to Rome in one piece grin (peaceful festive period I mean). God bless NPF, God bless Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by sandraanakebe(f): 12:14am On Nov 29, 2013
Its now the year has almost gone that FG decided to act 'commando'. Why didn't the FG take this action of re-opening schools with or without ASUU long before now? Abeg they should leave it till january joor. #calabar carnival things on M̶̲̅Ɣ mind# :p
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Pattey(m): 12:19am On Nov 29, 2013
This is what happens when you refuse to take a bow and exit the stage when the ovation is loudest. . . ASUU, you see your life

4 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 29, 2013
The signs of hypocrite are three;
If he talk, he will lie.
If took an oath,he will break it.
If he took a promise,he won't stick to it.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 29, 2013
Cmfrt001: Providing security to empty campuses? Funny act. Federal Government should better stop using force on this lecturers because it will only prolong the strike. And if they think they can coerce the vice chancellors to call off the strike, then they should have it at the back of their minds that the VCs are not lecturers so therefore, they should make haste in granting the lecturers their demands before it's too late. Na we students dey suffer pass*trying to remember my dept*.
It won't work u say? Maybe u shul make more reserches and gather ur facts right b4 comin on social media 2 comment, i mean no offence! Now, do u knw why River state university is not partaking in the strike? Cos Gov. Amaechi dealt with d ASUU in dat skul. He layed off the members who refused 2 work, employed new ones. I knw u would say the case in court dat's if u're aware of it, now let me tell u dat it's been 2yrs now and i dnt see it been resolved in court within anoda 2yrs time, isn't 4yrs enof time 2 graduate a set of students 4rm yr1? If a governor with limited powers and resources can do it den do not under-estimate d president of a nation! The commander in chief of Army, Navy, Airforce, Police etc, am sure ASUU members can't out-number those people, they will go to court after they are sacked, the court will use 8yrs to investigate, den wen they(ASUU) finally win d case, by den i must have graduated same as all undergraduates now, den most of the lecturers must have attain their retirement ages, they will be retired n paid gratuity, who loose? If u have frnds or relatives who are lecturers better advice them now!

5 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Jazzgreen(m): 1:01am On Nov 29, 2013
mmi-mahbub:
grin grin grin Goat pursue you before? Abeg gist us nah.

hahahaha, we talking ASUU here u talking goat chase, but seriously, that got me cracking

.@topic, they're playing table tennis with our future, God is watching dr own children in HD, both parties and especially ASUU political party

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Gracyel(f): 1:18am On Nov 29, 2013
laivwire: I smell oppression in the making. Don't universities have their security outfits? At least I knw U.I's got abefele. What's with the added security? I see this as a way of hindering any protest or disagreements actions that might come up. Where were the security men when students were killed by those boko people.abi no be the same police wey dey beg for 'anything for us' yesterday. Abeg, these guys shld settle their kwanta sharperly and stop flexing muscle
Are u a great UITE?
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Gracyel(f): 1:20am On Nov 29, 2013
Promhize: I see lots of lecturers protesting after being sacked - clue from this action by IGP

Are u alright Which many students
hehehehe....lwkmd
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by eyenCalabar(m): 1:56am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU now are like: brothers we've got no choice grin grin grin
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Samxiulee: 2:19am On Nov 29, 2013
O lord almighty,Mr President pls do the needfull,you can't Cow ASUU,and a former member,you should know better.,you guys should just do it right,both the FG and ASUU.

Btw if both ASUU and fg does not get it right now,pls ASUU should never go on strike again,now that they have one of them @ the helm of affairs.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 29, 2013
Awake time check 3:18am lolz i Bleep up big time
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by ennon92(m): 4:16am On Nov 29, 2013
1313: If the federal government is sincere in their promise to ASUU, why can't they sign that agreement? Verbal agreement in this country is a deceptive strategy to push this issue aside. Why give them ultimatum when it comes to making your agreement formal and binding? I trust ASUU. Let's wait and see how the drama unfolds.
common let's 4get about d past and face d current issue. FG has done its part by shifting ground a bit, y can't ASUU also adhere to their promise after taken the outcome of d long hour meeting with d presidency to their members,inotherwords, the majority of their members voted against d continuation of d strike but they rather think they can toy with d education of the Nigeria students by politicising every bit of their action; its uncalled for. Most Nigerians re indifferent abt ASUU in their latest development by reaping where they didn't sow, I can't just imagine them demanding for the salary they didn't work for and still some gullible Nigerians will come out here without condeming ASUU's actions. As a student, I think I've endured enough...Apparently, the strike has done more harm than good, what's the essence of fighting earlessly if the anticipated result is not achieved, there's is an addage in toruba that says "ai'gbe lokere mo didun obe" simply means "the taste of pudden is in eating" It simply shows that they aint fighting for the betterment of the Nigeria varsities and reverse is d case. As an anti-Jonathan, I don't really know what Mr president can do to satisfy their need fully cos negotiations can't be met fully if not other bodies/organisations/sectors will take prolonge strike as a tool to show their grievances for instance,I heard ASUP too re now on strike... Lo and behold,I commend jondaft for his zeal to exterminating those scourges called ASUU.

@topic, I think the deployment of men of d police to our varsities if permanently that is, after the face-off will definitely lead to extra judicial killing, molestation, extortion and what aview.

Finally,to my fellow students :- EKU ASUU STRIKE O, ASUU TI SU WAO.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by ennon92(m): 4:22am On Nov 29, 2013
TBrownAuto: so sorry for you are the young fools
sorry 4ya self
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by ennon92(m): 4:25am On Nov 29, 2013
Cmfrt001: Providing security to empty campuses? Funny act. Federal Government should better stop using force on this lecturers because it will only prolong the strike. And if they think they can coerce the vice chancellors to call off the strike, then they should have it at the back of their minds that the VCs are not lecturers so therefore, they should make haste in granting the lecturers their demands before it's too late. Na we students dey suffer pass*trying to remember my dept*.
see this one, where were u when majority of their members voted for the discontinuation of the strike....my dear, most lecturers too re tired mehn.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by ennon92(m): 4:29am On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=Pattey]This is what happens when you refuse to take a bow and exit the stage when the ovation is loudest. . . ASUU, you see your life
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by ennon92(m): 4:33am On Nov 29, 2013
stevedure:
It won't work u say? Maybe u shul make more reserches and gather ur facts right b4 comin on social media 2 comment, i mean no offence! Now, do u knw why River state university is not partaking in the strike? Cos Gov. Amaechi dealt with d ASUU in dat skul. He layed off the members who refused 2 work, employed new ones. I knw u would say the case in court dat's if u're aware of it, now let me tell u dat it's been 2yrs now and i dnt see it been resolved in court within anoda 2yrs time, isn't 4yrs enof time 2 graduate a set of students 4rm yr1? If a governor with limited powers and resources can do it den do not under-estimate d president of a nation! The commander in chief of Army, Navy, Airforce, Police etc, am sure ASUU members can't out-number those people, they will go to court after they are sacked, the court will use 8yrs to investigate, den wen they(ASUU) finally win d case, by den i must have graduated same as all undergraduates now, den most of the lecturers must have attain their retirement ages, they will be retired n paid gratuity, who loose? If u have frnds or relatives who are lecturers better advice them now!
u're right!
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by oyeludef(m): 4:34am On Nov 29, 2013
if most of d ppl supportin ASUU had watchd d netwrk news ytd n listend to wike's press briefin i knw dey wnt av. after d agreemnt wit fg had been reached dey came back wit another fresh conditions
1. dat fg shld disburse a sum of 200bn witin d nxt two weeks
2. dat dey shld renegotiate d 2009 agreemnt in 2 yrs time.
i really tink dis guys av missed it dis tym arround. i was beginin to wonder if it was d ASUU guys who employed d fg or d oda way round. for those who tink dis is a mere threat dey shld go n learn frm uni ilorin. my advice to my beloved nairalanders who are lecturers is for dem to return to classes undermining wteva d union is sayin cos u cant fight a govt n win. LEYIN APONLE ABUKU LO KAN

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by tabisegroup(m): 4:39am On Nov 29, 2013
laivwire: I smell oppression in the making. Don't universities have their security outfits? At least I knw U.I's got abefele. What's with the added security? I see this as a way of hindering any protest or disagreements actionms that might come up. Where were the security men when students were killed by those boko people.abi no be the same police wey dey beg for 'anything for us' yesterday. Abeg, these guys shld settle their kwanta sharperly and stop flexing muscle
.. abi..o! Wer Were d securities Wen boko boiz killed students? Or may b to kill students like dey did at uniuyo ...
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Archildao: 5:20am On Nov 29, 2013
I smell a rat!The FG is stylishly brazing up for any unrest in the universities.I just hope this ASUU/Fg issue would not result to something bigger than we think.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by shehuAO: 6:09am On Nov 29, 2013
I think I been dey tell una since say no sincerity in these politicians .wetin old man sit down don see,a small pikin claimb tree he no go see am.there are not sincere,is only fake promises to ASUU.they will never implement that agreement,except the ASUU hold them to ransom .why are they talking of use of force.Democracy in the military.can't our leaders copy from other international communities ?
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by reganvida: 6:12am On Nov 29, 2013

why should ASUU demand to b paid the salaries of the months they spent on strike. The students has sacrificed lost days of lectures, why cant they bend on some demands to show that they really want to go back to the classroom

3 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by obalolaunited(m): 6:19am On Nov 29, 2013
Is this the revolution we are waiting for?
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Articul8(m): 6:41am On Nov 29, 2013
I still avnt seen anytin difficult in coming to agreement btw ds 2 parties.If only FG is sincere,sign d agreement and let ds ppl go back to class,now FG wnts to use force. I hear...we all knw d result.
Consequences...
FG will employ half baked Lecturer like dey av in Benin Republic and dis will still do more havoc to our education.
Sending police to our Universities wunt work. Student&dose ppl dnt agree.like student of OAU will neva support dt idea and dt leads to anoda upheaval.
SMH 4 dis country
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Provie(m): 6:42am On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=1313]If the federal government is sincere in their promise to ASUU, why can't they sign that agreement?

D issue is not signing d agreement; bt rather dat ASUU gave new conditions, including pay for work not done B4 DEY GO BAK TO WORK!
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Articul8(m): 6:45am On Nov 29, 2013
And am seeing d replica of Arab spring in dis country. D cloud is dark...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Ever Cheat(Carry Expo) In School Exams Before? Share!!! / 2008 NDA FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE / Kaduna Team Representing Nigeria Wins World Schools Debate Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.