Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide (13640 Views)

Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC / Lecturers Promise To End Sexual Harassment & Extortion Of Students On Campuses / Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Rexsul: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2013
Promhize: I see lots of lecturers protesting after being sacked - clue from this action by IGP

Are u alright Which many students
deep down ur hrt, dont u want 2 resume nxt yr?
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by drealaz24(m): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2013
R we in a military regime, oga o
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Quinnlee: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2013
Am yet 2understand y sum are playin wit der future.Evn if its 20th december,i wont mind goin bak 2skul.Xmas is jst 2-day event,but are future is here and ahead of us....define ur priorities...we hv our lives ahead of us...
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2013
Rexsul: deep down ur hrt, dont u want 2 resume nxt yr?

I don't undecided
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2013
In my former company, when my cols who were permanent staffs held sway with their many strikes, it got to the limit for management and they started employing contract staffs everywhere, this actually brought the stew.pid union in check.
Now most jobs there have been taken over by contractors who cannot join or form unions, and they are very happy, the company is still making huge progress.
Abeg Dec 4th, reach quick ooo
Xmas go rugged for some people be dat.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by zaragoza(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUP agreed with FG, they suspended their strike. What happened next? FG couldn't keep to their promises and now ASUP is back on strike.
All those supporting FG on this ASUU strike should see ASUP case with FG as a clear indication that FG is never sincere. Those that are saying that ASUU shldn't be paid their 5mnths salary arrears shld ask themselves why ASUU stopped work in the first place?

Dem no dey tell man, na for eye dem dey see am!

goddamitt!!!
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by lymelyte(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2013
unmask: and they wouldn't have been out of work if the FG had been sincere in the first instance......my take is the money was budgeted for, so it should still be in the treasury.....well get the money out and pay the lecturers.....this isn't fresh demand, it's rightful demand......or maybe just maybe private hands have taken the money out of the treasury.....
Why wasn't the withheld salaries issue brought up when they held the meeting with president? Why bringing the issu up now?
Also,why did they vote for and against the suspension? ASUU should call of and continue negotiations.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by rapmike(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2013
unmask: ASUU never reached any agreement with GEJ.....both parties have to agree before you call it agreement.....FG made a proposal that ASUU felt they could take back to their members for scrutiny, hence the phrase "get back to you"......after due consultation with members, they decided to amend the FG proposal so how has ASUU committed a crime?.......if FG feels ASUU is too much of a pain, they can simply follow UN's recommended budgetary allocation to education.......lol....typical politicians very adept at swaying a gullible public's mind.......how easy it was to paint ASUU black.....well seems Nigerians will always get what Nigerians deserve
You dnt get d point, do you? D govt had given ASUU an offer, which was basd on 1 of the points in d contentious 2009 agreement. What we expectd ASUU 2 do is to look at it objectively and a give reasonable answer based on the offer and then maybe cal off d strike,only for them 2 cum wit sum outrageous demands. Moreover b4 they met on d national level, various congresses 4rm d uni chapters had endorsd d end of d strike,wit a few saying otherwise. Y is it dat al of a sudden, ASUU swept dat under d carpet and brought 'fresh demands' including a demand dat is nt publicly known? I smell top grade politics there, simple.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by desy24444(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2013
ladepete: All this children sef. Have you forgotten ow the things goes. You have junior lecturers, lecturer 1, graduate assistant, senior lecturers,drs, associate professors, professors etc. When u sack all, where do u start from? Maybe we will start with prof jega, he will resign as inec chairman and resume as a lecturer in one of the unis, then GEJ was a lecturer, he will resign as the president and lecture in one of the zoology department in the numerous unis we have. Maybe u guys want all ur lecturers to graduate assistants/ junior lecturers.
You think experienced candidates will rush for the job so that tmr you can saack them too when they start making their demands too. Most of the students shouting they want to go back are just interested in the freedom, scamming parents, partying,bleeping of babes, clubbing etc. Cos if you have a common sense you will knw the implications of what is happening. They tried during the military era without success. How long will the police remain on campuses, when they are meant to be out there fighting crimes.

Why are u guys getting angry this guys are demanding for money? @ least this guys are doing some measure of work unlike the govt officials that keep embezzling money without results. House of reps and senators eat 30% of the annual budget every yr. Haba u people should think well on this.
u dnt have 2 say dat cos 5 months is a long tym o wit no end in sight
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by rapmike(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2013
zaragoza: ASUP agreed with FG, they suspended their strike. What happened next? FG couldn't keep to their promises and now ASUP is back on strike.
All those supporting FG on this ASUU strike should see ASUP case with FG as a clear indication that FG is never sincere. Those that are saying that ASUU shldn't be paid their 5mnths salary arrears shld ask themselves why ASUU stopped work in the first place?

Dem no dey tell man, na for eye dem dey see am!

goddamitt!!!
For d 1st tyme am reading a sensible reason 2 support ASUU.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by UDENSCO: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
IGP did you pass your examinations during your O'level or police courses? Your are sombi to the highest order. If they kill, you move without thinking and asking. You need to resign. What did you think you will do in campuses? Force lecturers to teach or what? Better go tell your oga on top to sort ASUU out. I regretted the day FELA died... You know God will not ask you if you acting under authority, he will execute judgement on all.
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Temptee101(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Na today? Na so dem pack 10 armoured personnel carriers, AK47s, rocket launchers,warships, suicide bombers, ogbunigwes e.t.c, during Anambra election yet they cudnt stop the candidates from sharing money @polling boots and rigging. They shud find a way to solve this francas amicably, this will surely end up escalating the already bad situation
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by jj9ice(m): 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
excelkoms: prolong the strike you say? Is d strike not already overdue? Dis ASUU ppl dnt really care about d students dey claim to be fighting for. Meanwhile let me remind you dat RSUST chapter of ASUU have been on strike for close to 2years now but normal academic activities have been taking place dia. What R/state govt did was to lay off all d striking lecturers dt refused to resume n employ new ppl. Though, d case is in court but, trust me, its a case dt may linger for decades, a period during wc a handful of dia members must hav passed on. ASUU shud jst put an end to dis dia madness!!!
forget about that, that ur theory is not feaseble under this situation, i remeber when Akala sacked all oyo state teachers and later begged. I just see this one as joke and commedy
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by jj9ice(m): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
stevedure:
It won't work u say? Maybe u shul make more reserches and gather ur facts right b4 comin on social media 2 comment, i mean no offence! Now, do u knw why River state university is not partaking in the strike? Cos Gov. Amaechi dealt with d ASUU in dat skul. He layed off the members who refused 2 work, employed new ones. I knw u would say the case in court dat's if u're aware of it, now let me tell u dat it's been 2yrs now and i dnt see it been resolved in court within anoda 2yrs time, isn't 4yrs enof time 2 graduate a set of students 4rm yr1? If a governor with limited powers and resources can do it den do not under-estimate d president of a nation! The commander in chief of Army, Navy, Airforce, Police etc, am sure ASUU members can't out-number those people, they will go to court after they are sacked, the court will use 8yrs to investigate, den wen they(ASUU) finally win d case, by den i must have graduated same as all undergraduates now, den most of the lecturers must have attain their retirement ages, they will be retired n paid gratuity, who loose? If u have frnds or relatives who are lecturers better advice them now!
GEJ theory, myopic view

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BreakingNews:Oyo, Osun Pay N500m To End Lautech Crisis / FUGUS students Protest Kidnapping Of Their Colleagues, Block Highway / 2008 NDA FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.