Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! (24698 Views)

Nigerian American To Host Fundraiser For Hillary Clinton / Hillarious: When Federal Government Finally Approves Loan For Oshiomole / Sosoliso Plane Crash Aftermath: Fundraiser Dinner For Survivor, Kechi Okwuchi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
I really don't understand how people react to issues. To be honest this widow's case has been over-stretched! Yeah the governor may have been rude and inhuman but that does not mean that there are no one around your neighborhood that need more help than the woman in question.

@op and those shouting that I am in, how many times have you come across a school age kid with torn school uniform and offer the kid a replacement or even ragged school saddles ? Charity begins at home, you people should not feed your ego on this woman's case. There are a lot of people around that you can help without getting anyone in this forum to know about it. At best you can open a thread on why people should pay attention to the less privileged they come across in their everyday life.

I am not suggesting you guys should not help the woman, after all it is your money and your choice, but please do it for the right reasons. Secondly, if you ignore the less fortunate around your immediate environment only to extend a helping hand to a woman in far-away Edo state so as to look cool on NL then am sorry, you just about wasting your money. Do good for the right reasons and towards those that are in dire need of it!

6 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by hbrednic: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
proud to be a nairalander,count me in, THE WIDOW MUST NOT DIE

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by victorv12(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
Count me in. If the governor can't use his power to assist the widow after all the wailing and begging, I believe some Nigerians can assist...Let's locate the woman and help her. I will be glad to contribute. Let's shame the heartless governor and his goons, reminding them that the position of power they maintain, they won't be there forever! Their main goal is to change people's lives not their pockets. I believe we can. Let's spread the love!

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by nekyluch(f): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
Please I am in, each time I remember that widow tears always fill my eyes..I want to donate my own widows mite..this life is really so wicked...to think that all her pleas and tears couldn't evn swerve the mind of the governor..God will surely help her. Poor woman trying to make both ends meet..

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Eobiabo(m): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
free2ryhme:

you must be high on your body odour
IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT THINK WITH ANUS THAT DESERVE THAT " GO AND DIE" STATEMENT

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
Eobiabo:
IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT THINK WITH ANUS THAT DESERVE THAT " GO AND DIE" STATEMENT

must u duplicate your stupi-dity over the entire thread
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Anvaller: 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
To all of u trying to paint the woman black to justify Oshiomhole's action, think about what u are doing.

In this case, everything Oshiomhole was accused of is a fact:
That he mistreated that woman = Fact
That he told the woman to go and die = Fact
That he unlawfully seized the woman's property = Fact
That he failed to apologize = Fact

Everything said abut the woman is unfounded (not a fact)
That she is not a widow = False until proven otherwise
That she was selling stuffs on the road side = False until proven (she couldn't have been selling stuffs in packs, what sense does that make?)
That she broke any law = False until proven otherwise

I don't understand how a case caught on tape very clearly with clear audio is still not clear enough for some ppl.

To those that were saying anyone could have done or said the same. Speak for urselves, I do not have such mentality cos I respect every one irrespective of class. Oshiomhole wouldn't have gone as far as saying that if she was a rich man or woman. We don't respect poor ppl in Nigeria, we don't even think they have any right. Let's start to think about the way we think.

5 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
after watching the video a second time i have come to the conclusion that the woman was neither trading nor displaying her wares by the raod side but she was waiting for a bus to convey her to her destination...

Oshiomole did wrong judging by the video clips

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by enigmang: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
free2ryhme:

oshiomole is not Christ but human and we are bound to err.. he apologized which is human and accepted responsibilities for his utterance ..

Igbinedion did worst than dis did any of u open your gutter? .. holier than thou hypocrites undecided

Errmmm I must have missed the apology ...that was definitely nothing close to an apology... An he has not taken any responsibility for his actions ....

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by akhis: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
free2ryhme: after watching the video a second time i have come to the conclusion that the woman was neither trading nor displaying her wares by the raod side but she was waiting for a bus to convey her to her destination...

Oshiomole did wrong judging by the video clips

you are very observant. those items were not displayed. they were still all in a cartons.

sometimes i wonder if one is not living with a wife at home, if he should behave that way.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by indomitable234: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
20k from me
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by dailywealth1967: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
abegj,NL be careful of 419.XMAS don come o & some pple look 4 money anyhow
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
i rarely trust on-line donations most esp in benin

scammers on the prowl
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by kenx1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
kill'em all:
Have you eaten today bloody hypocrite?

Bleep off JEW

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by BENZINA(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
I am in.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by BENZINA(m): 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
Once in a lifetime to outbeat a serving governor! Please, through what channel do we send this money?
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by BENZINA(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
The widow must not "GO AND DIE" full stop.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by nairacodedcom(m): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
omonuan: Let us find ways to track down Oshiomole's widow victim and help her avoid the hex placed on her by the "people's governor." No! The poor widow must not go and die. Contribute your "widow's mite" to this poor lady. Stop complaining, please do something!
RUBBISH. I don't know why people like you and EDO state PDP love cheap publicity. Are there no poor widows in your street, church, mosque, town ?? What contributions have you made or how many times have you help raised fund for them. I don't support APC or PDP (they are all the same opportunistic leeches )but I keep wondering why suddenly everyone want to help a "widow victim". Funny enough, I was at New Benin when it happened, a lot of other women were affected, nobody talks about them, because that will not add to their glorified ego. If someone have 'beef' with what I say, go and cook them.

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by dubienatti(m): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
osho is a political guy, if he had done good to d widow it would have been takin political now dat he fcu.ked up..what gose around comes around...
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by harizonal123(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
I pledge one million (1,000,000)......
Did I say naira? I mean Zimbabwe dollars
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
harizonal123: I pledge one million (1,000,000)......
Na only one egg that one fit buy o.

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by pendusky(m): 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
Watching the Video was so Pathetic... The woman Shall not Die In Jesus Name.. I will pay my own token when I see the Approved Account number.. thanks Nler for this moves.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by BENZINA(m): 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
nairacoded.com:
RUBBISH. I don't know why people like you and EDO state PDP love cheap publicity. Are there no poor widows in your street, church, mosque, town ?? What contributions have you made or how many times have you help raised fund for them. I don't support APC or PDP (they are all the same opportunistic leeches )but I keep wondering why suddenly everyone want to help a "widow victim". Funny enough, I was at New Benin when it happened, a lot of other women were affected, nobody talks about them, because that will not add to their glorified ego. If someone have 'beef' with what I say, go and cook them.
You seems not to get the discussion;the "WIDOW" must not die.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by WarriPikin1: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
Me i will give N1000 naira. if someone can come to Warri and collect it. Meet me in from of GKS gate.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by cashkid: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
[quote author=woodcook]I really don't understand how people react to issues. To be honest this widow's case has been over-stretched! Yeah the governor may have been rude and inhuman but that does not mean that there are no one around your neighborhood that need more help than the woman in question.

@op and those shouting that I am in, how many times have you come across a school age kid with torn school uniform and offer the kid a replacement or even ragged school saddles ? Charity begins at home, you dnt mind them, they are donating to shame oshiomole, cnt just stop laughing, most of them have immediate family members that really need help and they are here promising what most of them wil nt even do at the end of the day. wenever i needed to laugh, i come to nairaland!
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by chiteny(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
omonuan: Let us find ways to track down Oshiomole's widow victim and help her avoid the hex placed on her by the "people's governor." No! The poor widow must not go and die. Contribute your "widow's mite" to this poor lady. Stop complaining, please do something!

Bros, PDP has taken care of that. which offering you wan take again? grin
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Santino1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
Not to take anything away from the noble gesture of helping a "poor" widow, I find it quite ironic that TEHN's annual end of the year charity was on the front page several days and the response and pledges isn't quite as overwhelming as this. Is this because of the political undertone to it and the media making it seem as if the "poor" widow is the most suffering Nigerian?

Well, whatever the nairaland community is planning for this widow, I guess it would be nice to leave TEHN out of it as they have a more important (and nobler might I add) project on their hands already.

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by topcube(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by BENZINA(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
nairacoded.com:
OK! Since you saw her last, your assignment would be locating her(widow), and her home before being incarcerated by Oshiomole like he did to the Aeroplane teenager.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by thirdeye(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
For those against this move, I think you may be wrong. This is just to pass a message across to the elites that you don't treat the poor badly and Oshiomole created the platform. The widow already had help but is good atimes you blow things out of proportion for the message to hit hard, Oshiomole is definitely not comfortable with what this has turned to and is a lesson for others.

3 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
harizonal123: I pledge one million (1,000,000)......

toilet paper money
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Bobbo(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
I will be glad to join. Lets make her a millionare. Make that foolish governor know that we dont live in the 60's anymore. Someone close to Edo can do this for us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EFCC Foils Plot To Steal Seized $2.1m NHIS Cash - PUNCH / Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Buhari Extends IGP Adamu’s Tenure For 3-months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.