Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! (24694 Views)

Nigerian American To Host Fundraiser For Hillary Clinton / Hillarious: When Federal Government Finally Approves Loan For Oshiomole / Sosoliso Plane Crash Aftermath: Fundraiser Dinner For Survivor, Kechi Okwuchi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Excellent7(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
bcomputer101: NOTE THIS: Most people are commenting here just to show off...
I bet you people that 99% will not fulfill there pledge toward this woman.
The same people pledging here are the same people that doesn't honour Malachi 3:10. How much more a widow you don't know...

MY VIEW: if you are ready to help this woman, keep it within you and wait for the details of her account.
I wish to give but i have little with me for now.

I PRAY GOD WILL HONOUR THE CEERFUL GIVER!
Thanks!

Hello, please kindly keep your religious mantra about Malachi and unbelief (that 99% of posters will not redeem their pledges) to yourself. It is not by force to comment!

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by curtain: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
Am in, her acct number pls..... As for oshiomole, now we know who you really are, from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, the genuiness of your apologies can only be tested in heaven, may God comfort our widows.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
where una wan pay the money

make una no go pay mugu money dis xmas ooo

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Excellent7(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
soul_glo: So the struggling widows in Benin city that follow the rules and not break the laws can now live with the motto that breaking the law pays. Why will people ever do right. Her neighbours that have problems of their own will definitely take home the message that it does not pay to do what is right. What is the point of suffering doing good when I can be rewarded for doing bad things. This is definitely a teachable moment. Both for the common man and the leaders. The only message you people are hell bent on sending is that breaking the law pays.

I guess you did not watch the video. From watching the video, I came to a personal opinion that the woman was not selling anything by the roadside. The wares I saw were still in cartoons. I believe within me that the woman was standing waiting for transportation before the over zealous folks swooped on her.
Check my posts, and observe my stand against rewarding lawbreakers. In this case this was not the case.
The things seized meant so much to the woman, that she was kneeling appealing for justice from the governor, only to be asked to go and die! That is inhumane!!

2 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
everybody has been asking for account number ..

who is with it release am naH

maga wan pay ooo

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by costandi(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
woodcook: I really don't understand how people react to issues. To be honest this widow's case has been over-stretched! Yeah the governor may have been rude and inhuman but that does not mean that there are no one around your neighborhood that need more help than the woman in question.

@op and those shouting that I am in, how many times have you come across a school age kid with torn school uniform and offer the kid a replacement or even ragged school saddles ? Charity begins at home, you people should not feed your ego on this woman's case. There are a lot of people around that you can help without getting anyone in this forum to know about it. At best you can open a thread on why people should pay attention to the less privileged they come across in their everyday life.

I am not suggesting you guys should not help the woman, after all it is your money and your choice, but please do it for the right reasons. Secondly, if you ignore the less fortunate around your immediate environment only to extend a helping hand to a woman in far-away Edo state so as to look. Bnb cool on NL then am sorry, you just about wasting your money. Do good for the right reasons and towards those that are in dire need of it!
We are no trying to save the woman because she is the poorest or most maltreated, but because we are using her as a point of contact to send a message to the leaders on how to take care of the down trodden.

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Excellent7(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
Black Human: I was just wondering; what if this widow was an Hausa/fulani?....would u all show this level of sympathy & concern? (pls be sincere)

Guy, why attempting to tribalize and trivialize this thread?
Can't you see no one gives a damn about the woman's tribe or religion?
She said her late husband was a policeman and knowing how itinerant the police personnel can be she can come from anywhere in the country.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by BENZINA(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Fnally,OSHIOMOLE "exposed himself". Chei i thought he could pretend to keep his temper for EIGHT YEARS, Osho-fall-my-hand.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Excellent7(m): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
yd849ja: Hypocrisy of a Nation: Nigeria. Not to condone what Oshiomole said but even Christ sent traders out of the temple!!! Oshiomole erred and retracted his utterance. Its so pathetic how everything takes a political turn in Nigeria. How many of you lots ever helped a single widow in your life before this incidence? Same PDP that turned Edo State into a junk yard has turned philanthropic and philosophical after rubbing the state blind. Nigeria truly is a Satire.

Hello, I have not heard of any retraction, or apology, but I am aware of a justification of the action (anger).
It's a pity that some folks are out to play politics with this incident, but I know that majority are acting out of pure human empathy, that was denied this woman.
I advice that politicians do well to keep off this thread and ply their trade elsewhere!
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by DonaldGenes(m): 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
JulianBond007: Inasmuch as some of you here and others are williing to help the widow,its a good gesture from you guys. I will advise you all to divert your donations to any widow who needs help nearest to you. I won't believe that there are no widows living close to you. Even if you don't see any widow,you can give your donations to beggers on the streets or motherless baby homes too. You must not give the particular widow who was insulted by Oshiomole. She's already gotten the help she wants from PDP in Edo state and am sure she will get more help soon from Oshiomole himself. If you help others in need,you have helped her also. cool

[s]Exactly, you just hit the nail on the head.[/s]
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
costandi:
We are no trying to save the woman because she is the poorest or most maltreated, but because we are using her as a point of contact to send a message to the leaders on how to take care of the down trodden.

That is my point not doing it for the right reason. You could think of other means to send your message across rather than capitalizing on someone's misfortune, hiding under the cloak of extending a helping hand.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
woodcook: I really don't understand how people react to issues. To be honest this widow's case has been over-stretched! Yeah the governor may have been rude and inhuman but that does not mean that there are no one around your neighborhood that need more help than the woman in question.

@op and those shouting that I am in, how many times have you come across a school age kid with torn school uniform and offer the kid a replacement or even ragged school saddles ? Charity begins at home, you people should not feed your ego on this woman's case. There are a lot of people around that you can help without getting anyone in this forum to know about it. At best you can open a thread on why people should pay attention to the less privileged they come across in their everyday life.

I am not suggesting you guys should not help the woman, after all it is your money and your choice, but please do it for the right reasons. Secondly, if you ignore the less fortunate around your immediate environment only to extend a helping hand to a woman in far-away Edo state so as to look cool on NL then am sorry, you just about wasting your money. Do good for the right reasons and towards those that are in dire need of it!

I have been looking for a comment like yours since the beginning of this thread.
This thread reeks of hypocrisy.
This same folks will see people that really need help around them but won't do anything. They would rather help a widow in faraway Edo state just to 'shame' the governor. Hypocrites!!

3 Likes

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Excellent7(m): 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
Living Soul34: I feel we are taking the sentiment about this woman too far! Off-course, Oshiomhole's out-burst and temperament gave him away yet does exonerate the woman (widow)... Widowhood is not a licence for breaking the law...That the governor goofed does not rule out the fact that the broke a law... I'm sure that Oshiomhole did not set out that day to go about abusing widows but to make sure that his people abide by the law, so even as we blame Oshiomhole for his choice of words we should not forget to blame the woman for breaking the law too... From the way we are going i fear that we may start recommending presidential awards for apprehended arm-robbers if only they are orphans... If we are passionate about alleviating the sufferings of widows and other down-trodden in the land let's come up with a well thought-out program for that and shun this sentimental and political campaign of calumny under guise of helping Oshiomhole's victim of " You are widow, go and die" or whatever we call it.

Hello Sir, you got it all wrong and twisted! Watch the video again! I do not think the woman broke any law!! There was no proof to me she was selling on the streets. Her wares were in the cartons and she explained she was standing where they wait for transport, but in their over-zealousness and "eye service" nobody cared to listen. In desperation and in need of justice, she humbly knelt down appealing to Ceaser (the governor), only to be verbally abused to "go and die". Haba!!!
The governor goofed big time.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Ngokafor(f): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
deletrue: You stu.pit boy. What is wrong your head? A governor telling another fellow human to go and die, you are here telling us law breaking pays. Oya, whereaver you are now go and park your car centre of the road and get a reward for it. If you do not have car, just gather together some pieces of fire wood across any motorable road and stay there for a reward. Stu.pit you.

Spot on..
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by DonaldGenes(m): 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
lynpetra: Gbam!!!

Although oshomole needs to apologize to that woman.He acted inhuman.This thread has taken a politicalturn....SMH lipsrsealed undecided

[size=38pt]Greek Gift[/size]
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by DonaldGenes(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
kill'em all:
Have you eaten today bloody hypocrite?

Ha-Ha-Ha abeg dissed 'em wella, more like a show-off
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by ogmask: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
I will suggest we go through a media house to solicit for their support. If we have a journalist here, OAP or even a writer in our midst we can take it from there. the idea is to draw the attention of the real woman. For me this is a better way of advancing our couse.

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
ogmask: I will suggest we go through a media house to solicit for their support. If we have a journalist here, OAP or even a writer in our midst we can take it from there. the idea is to draw the attention of the real woman. For me this is a better way of advancing our couse.

point of correction .. advancing your course

is this the first widow u've had encounter with all your life ? why make a big deal out of it

I will be sending you the account nbrs to pay the money into .. atleast una go let us hear word
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Stevosty: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
Gov. Oshiomhole had since apologised to the woman publicly in a women forum, don't be an opportunist, there are a lot widows around you in need of assistance. Oshiomhole's government is still the best government to beat, stop these unnecessary sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by kraftykc(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
woodcook:

That is my point not doing it for the right reason. You could think of other means to send your message across rather than capitalizing on someone's misfortune, hiding under the cloak of extending a helping hand.

Jeez...there is point where talking becomes a crime. People have chosen to help on this thread, if you have a different idea please open a new thread to articulate ur thoughts. Don't come here with ur divisive arse to try to end a good movement.

people there is nothing wrong with helping this woman even IF we want to send a political message too. Lets take back our country and dignity please.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by kraftykc(m): 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
Stevosty: Gov. Oshiomhole had since apologised to the woman publicly in a women forum, don't be an opportunist, there are a lot widows around you in need of assistance. Oshiomhole's government is still the best government to beat, stop these unnecessary sentiments.

Unnecessary sentiments"? What the Bleep is that supposed to mean? Are we here to bad month Oshio or help a woman? I hope this will cause a ripple effect among Nigerians and force people to take back our dignity. Politicians are overpowered and because we have kept our very souls in their grasps and that is what we must help this widow do; take back her soul. This is bigger than Oshio or the widow herself.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Ninilowo(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
ronalmagic10: How can I find the woman? I live in ugbowo and I know that place is mission road but since she was selling on the street, I think it would be hard to locate her.

Pls I want you guys to listen to the video very well and tell me what oshiomole said on 1:33. The woman said her late husband was a policeman and I think I heard oshiomole saying something nasty but I couldn't figure it out.
He said the woman shouldnt use that as an excuse to go against the law....or something.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Stevosty: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
I'm definitely in support of lending a helping hand, but must it be that particular widow all focus must be on, while we have more helpless widows on the streets?
kraftykc:

Unnecessary sentiments"? What the Bleep is that supposed to mean? Are we here to bad month Oshio or help a woman? I hope this will cause a ripple effect among Nigerians and force people to take back our dignity. Politicians are overpowered and because we have kept our very souls in their grasps and that is what we must help this widow do; take back her soul. This is bigger than Oshio or the widow herself.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by validplanet: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
Stevosty: I'm definitely in support of lending a helping hand, but must it be that particular widow all focus must be on, while we have more helpless widows on the streets?

because she was told to go and die by her governor. she can be overwhelmed by the thoughts and commit suicide if nothing is done...

btw... where is nairaland e-helpers. they dont exist again?
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by jaybee3(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
validplanet:

because she was told to go and die by her governor. she can be overwhelmed by the thoughts and commit suicide if nothing is done...

We are still here and currently running an end of year charity initiative with plans to touch and improve quality of life of those helpless and underprivileged kids/adults in our great country Nigeria.

With your help and others help, we strongly believe we will make the much needed impact

https://www.nairaland.com/1522558/tehns-2nd-annual-end-year

1 Like

Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by free2ryhme: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
do you still need the account nbr undecided
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Stevosty: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
validplanet:

because she was told to go and die by her governor. stuvuhe can be overwhelmed by the thoughts and commit suicide if nothing is done...

funny, a lot has been done already, let's hope the "e-helpers" yield positive result.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by andyanders: 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
curtain: Am in, her acct number pls..... As for oshiomole, now we know who you really are, from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, the genuiness of your apologies can only be tested in heaven, may God comfort our widows.
Widowhood will never depart from the doors of the governor.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by crackhouse(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
I was touched after watching the video. it's really heartless of him and I am sure that woman voted for him during election only to be treated this way.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Xtargold(f): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
ITbomb: How about the hundreds of widows in ur neighborhood or in ur villages ?
No..they're not important. They don't offer the opportunity this woman does to flaunt their ''goodness''.
Re: Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
free2ryhme: Greek is to reason Africa is to emotion.
Africa taught Greece reason.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce / I Won Fair And Square, Thank You Nyesom Wike - Tinubu Says In Rivers (Video) / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.