Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language (44763 Views)

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by osystein(m): 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lol, Ibos and their inferiority complex, their language is endangered in their own land, yet they want claim that it's' thriving in another country..
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by osystein(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
SeaGold: IBOs are modern day colonials.

They invade your territory in droves, revamp the economic decadence of the locals and in no time, modernity replaces the once ramshackle environment.

Give it to the IBOs any day, any time. These group has similarity of attitude akin to the white man....developmentgrin

Bwahahaha
Why does iboland look like a jungle than?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by rhames(m): 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
The capital of Equitorial Guinea is Nkwere grin
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
osystein:

Bwahahaha
That means u have never been to the east.
Am yet to see a city in SW.
And just know that towns don't equate to cities

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is Ibadan, jungle

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by IceMan85(m): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
d escape over the
frontiers into Cameroun or
Gabon was very easy.
Moreover, the timber
companies needed growing
amounts of labour, and the
spread of coffee cultivation
offered an alternative means
of paying taxes. Fernando Po
thus continued to suffer from
labour shortages. The French
only briefly permitted
recruitment in Cameroun, and
the main source of labour
came to be Igbo smuggled in
canoes from Calabar, Nigeria.
The British made this current
of labour migration legal in
1942. It was this agreement
which really permitted
Fernando Po to become one
of Africa's most productive
agricultural areas after the
Second World War.

It is ovious that every where Igbos steps their feets prospers and that is why some ar jealouse of us.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is Enugu, city

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Owerri -city

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is owerri - another city

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by POPEII: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lol grin grin
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by moderatorr: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
what is a pig fron equotorial guinea called? smiley
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by IceMan85(m): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
osystein:

Bwahahaha

Hater! Where have you been in Igbo land. My village is far better than your capital territory.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sloan:

And you live in Ontario, Canada? Do the Canadians build their advanced economy which you proudly co-opted "Ontarian" by make-believe stories that are not backed by factual data? Your should be so ashamed of yourself! Did you ask for official sources for this information or you just read the topic, saw the Wikipedia entry and that is "official"?? If you were educated in Ontario, you should have your certificate withdrawn and deleted as I am sure no university worth its salt in the most remote parts of the world (let alone Canada) would accept a reference from Wikipedia as "official". Except of course, I know you accepted because it massages your ego, makes you feel more important or panders to that false sense of larger than lifeness of the ibo. That is why you hear things like "Ibos are doing well" whereas everyone and people in Nigeria doing so well on a world scale are the last to even respond directly to any question if they are doing well or not. Would you ever see the likes of the Americans, Canadians, British, etc or even the people who are ahead in Nigeria
ever make a statement of how "they are doing well"?? I think the genetic make up of the ibo is mortally flawed!

Brother/ sister Sloan, may I ask you how you come to the conclusion that I am Ibo? Are there not other tribes in Canada?

You just reinforced my believe that this forum and naija as a whole need a re-orientation ASAP. I made it clear that the whole discussion is so irrelevant as to lead us to a tribal war.

If u have issues with my post, I expect u to be decent in your presentation. Not everything that we think we know or believe is verifiable. Even in science, there is a margin of error which is usually allowed.

Please, talk to me as a nigerian. I refuse to be limited to just one region. Nigeria is bigger. If the poster did post to start a tribal war, do we all have to join in?

I fight here as nigerian. I am persecuted daily as nigerian. In fact, I am seen as a black man. The last thing we need is to be bashing one another. It doesn't matter what the issue may be.

I strongly believe that we can rise above tribe. We need only try. Bro, u said that those who are ahead in Nigeria are not even making noise;wow! That's really big. Didn't know that there are some who are ahead. I thought the success of one is the success of all and vice versa.

Calm down Sloan. Let's not hate. That post is just a few lines but see how much bad belle posts it has generated. We can do better people. We can stop the hate. " where all think alike, no one thinks very much"... Walter Lippman, 1889-1974

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
moderatorr: what is a pig fron equotorial guinea called? smiley
moderatorr
lol
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Slizbeat(m): 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sloan:

Notice Afam4Eva and NO IBO has responded with official sources (not Wikipedia editable by anyone with a computer), yet he (or whatever ignorant person) took this to the FP to misinform people! This is a service to his fellow Ibos who are usually quick to jump on things like these without hardly thinking or asking any probing questions. Up till now, they've not responded but they will term you a "hater" for not being a sheep led around by the nose!

Afam, I'm still waiting for your link. Pistol, you are already seeing my asking you to show me factual data as "hatred" but that won't make this question go away! I wonder why Seun allows NL to continually depreciate in quality by the quality of debate and information on this forum. It was not so in the beginning!

Can you provide a proof to me that Yoruba is 35 million, Hausa 49 million and Igbo 28 million??
Don't give me Wikipedia either.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by GentleFrank(m): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
That's very nice and encouraging for the Igbos !!!
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Noneroone(m): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
It is a known fact! Indeed Equatorial guinea is a force in African female football (having won African women Championship) and is seriously challenging Nigeria because of the bulk of Equatorial guinea-Igbo players in their team.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by chaberry(m): 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
All you haters should Go and Die, we Igbo's are takin over
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by oduaboy1: 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
boniflex: u are a slowpoke ur tribalitic youruba started it first
Advice your moronic sister to stop shooting off topic.....the thread is about whether ibo language is official in equilateral guinea or not.No one asked her to start posting the pictures of the village she hails from.
Arrant nonsense!!!!
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by EzePromoe: 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sloan:

Sorry, that is NOT an objective source! I mean a link from the page of the government of Equitorial Guinea? Are there human beings who still do not know that Wikipedia is edited by anyone who has something to add, so you can basically write anything, and that is often you will see "citation needed" for any key facts you mention? This is why Wikipedia is NEVER accepted as source in any thesis in any standard university on the planet and I schooled in North America, NOT UNIVERSITY professor or supervisor will ever accept a source from Wikipedia! While I was in Ife, you could never cite a source on Wikipedia so, NO it is NOT an official source!

I had already seen the Wikipedia entry but I gave you folks too much credit that you would be smart enough not to cite it as an "official" source!
To you and other embittered bigots. Hope you won't find another reason to rubbish this source

http://www.africatravelsguide.com/EquatorialGuinea.php

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by blaqoracle: 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Nice to hear. How is the dialect? Which of Anambra, Delta Igbo, Imo, Enugu, Abia state dialects does it closely resemble?
CONGRATS igbos now have their own country. they should save nigeria with this their biafra wahala.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by blaqoracle: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ice Man85: d escape over the
frontiers into Cameroun or
Gabon was very easy.
Moreover, the timber
companies needed growing
amounts of labour, and the
spread of coffee cultivation
offered an alternative means
of paying taxes. Fernando Po
thus continued to suffer from
labour shortages. The French
only briefly permitted
recruitment in Cameroun, and
the main source of labour
came to be Igbo smuggled in
canoes from Calabar, Nigeria.
The British made this current
of labour migration legal in
1942. It was this agreement
which really permitted
Fernando Po to become one
of Africa's most productive
agricultural areas after the
Second World War.

It is ovious that every where Igbos steps their feets prospers and that is why some ar jealouse of us.
YET YOUR LAND IS BACKWARD.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Noneroone(m): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
Cape Verde
Portuguese, Criuolo
Central African Republic
French (official), Sangho (lingua franca,
national), tribal languages
Chad
French, Arabic (both official); Sara; more
than 120 languages and dialects
Chile
Spanish
China
Standard Chinese (Mandarin/Putonghua),
Yue (Cantonese), Wu (Shanghaiese), Minbei
(Fuzhou), Minnan (Hokkien-Taiwanese),
Xiang, Gan, Hakka dialects, minority
languages
Colombia
Spanish
Comoros
Arabic and French (both official), Shikomoro
(Swahili/Arabic blend)
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
French (official), Lingala, Kingwana, Kikongo,
Tshiluba
Congo, Republic of
French (official), Lingala, Monokutuba,
Kikongo, many local languages and dialects
Costa Rica
Spanish (official), English
Côte d'Ivoire
French (official) and African languages
(Dioula esp.)
Croatia
Croatian 96% (official), other 4% (including
Italian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, German)
Cuba
Spanish
Cyprus
Greek, Turkish (both official); English
Czech Republic
Czech
Denmark
Danish, Faroese, Greenlandic (Inuit dialect),
German; English is the predominant second
language
Djibouti
French and Arabic (both official), Somali, Afar
Dominica
English (official) and French patois
Dominican Republic
Spanish
East Timor
Tetum, Portuguese (official); Bahasa
Indonesia, English; other indigenous
languages, including Tetum, Galole, Mambae,
and Kemak
Ecuador
Spanish (official), Quechua, other
Amerindian languages
Egypt
Arabic (official), English and French widely
understood by educated classes
El Salvador
Spanish, Nahua (among some Amerindians)
Equatorial Guinea
Spanish, French (both official); pidgin
English, Fang, Bubi, Ibo
Eritrea
Afar, Arabic, Tigre and Kunama, Tigrinya,
other Cushitic languages
Estonia
Estonian 67% (official), Russian 30%, other
(2000)
Ethiopia
Amharic, Tigrigna, Orominga, Guaragigna,
Somali, Arabic, English, over 70 others

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0855611.html

I just got this from another source. Doubting Thomases be warned!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
odua boy: Advice your moronic sister to stop shooting off topic.....the thread is about whether ibo language is official in equilateral guinea or not.No one asked her to start posting the pictures of the village she hails from.
Arrant nonsense!!!!
see I.
y didn't u remind ur brother not to derail d topic when he thought SE is a jungle.
And I pasted pix of jungles nah.
We are learning geography, don't interrupt

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngozievergreen: This is Ibadan, jungle

But u and ur brothers run away from owerri to the jungle in multitudes

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
macof:

But u and ur brothers run away from owerri to the jungle in multitudes
oh yes .
to make more money.
we even go to worse places to make money

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bee444: 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
ckc: I wont go to any link. I am telling u frm the country's direct site that Igbo is officially recognized and mentioned. Hausa and Yoruba weren't mentioned. That i travel to say USA and decide to speak my native language there is different frm an officially recognized country lanuage. Hausa and Yoruba might be official in some countries but not Equatorial Guinea.

Equatorial Guinea is in Central Africa, why so surprised of the recognition? Igbos are everywhere, and recently dominating every part of the major cities in the world, except ofcourse Nigeria. Stop running to everywhere like ashawo. Stay in your papas compound and make it better.

The UN says that less than half the population has access to clean drinking water and that 20 percent of children die before reaching five (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13317174).
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngozievergreen: This is Enugu, city

Is that not Lagos keke am seeing?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
GentleFrank: That's very nice and encouraging for the Igbos !!!

Why not try this, "that's very nice and encouraging for Nigeria"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / I "missed You" In Igbo Language! / Caribbean Indigenes Speak Igbo & Yoruba Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.