Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language (44759 Views)

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by kingthreat(m): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
Igbos and their their quest to to dominate and label every country they live in 'No Man's Land'

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
Afam4eva: People who speak Igbo in Equitorial Guinea are Igbos who ran away from Nigeria during the Biafran war. Some of them went to Cameroon while some others went to Equitorial guinea. The place with the higheest number of Igbo speaking people in that country is Fernanda Po. My mum told me about the place.
A book titled 'THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD' also carries that place...fernando poo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by codeworks(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
Yourba is officially language there. happy now?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngozievergreen: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea

You've not been following this thread. Is there any credible source to this story?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by POPEII: 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngozievergreen: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea
what do we even gain from this trash? Igbo are +30millions in Nigeria and the language is not even official in our ndigenous location in fact igbo is the only ethnic group of over 20M whose language is menaced of extinction

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by biafranqueen: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
ckc: How was their dialect? Was it clear and easy to comprehend?
It was a different, something like Delta Igbo dialect, they also speak fluent Spanish. The family owns a medical supply company and most of the customers are Hispanic, which is a good target market in California. I will ask them how come they speak Igbo, see if I can get some history.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
grin assosiation of yoruba tribalist,una no dey carry last for any igbo matter,I greet una,biko ndigbo no argue wid demm,just read understand and ignore,I never knew igbo were even in EG till naw,nice to know

16 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Bimpe29: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nice one!
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Someone please help, I am a bit biased with this http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/groupdetails.aspx?peid=13167
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by ichidodo: 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
incase of any gbege we can use Equatorial Guinea as a Forward Operating Base to establish a beach head in Lagos from the Atlantic Ocean.Yorubas are scared, who wouldn't?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by jude33084(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
pembisco: Sm1 shuld pls tribalise dis thread fo me b4 i baf finish

grin KOLO grin
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by patrick89(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
kingthreat: Igbos and their their quest to to dominate and label every country they live in 'No Man's Land'
Silly comment from a sick fellow

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by stchinedu: 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Serious? shocked
Hmmm (yawns)...I just heard fufu is also an official food in Burundi grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by ckc(m): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
POPE II: Not official but recognized. The official languages are French, spanish and Fang .
And did the post suggest anything different?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Pistolx(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
yes definately there are igbos in EQ,most of them went there as traders,my dad always mention a place called panya i later found out dat the place is equitorial guinea,
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
Una see wetin I don dey talk since? Someone posted that Ibo language is this or that in Equatorial Guinea, and here we are wasting our resources debating it.

Even if Ibo is recognized as an official language( for the sake of this discussion), isn't it a credit to us as Nigerians? I was so happy when I went to Cuba and I saw them worshipping sango, ogun and all other Yoruba deities.

I am a Christian and I know what I believe. I am not Yoruba either. I am a nigerian and was happy that a nigerian culture/religion was being practiced in far away Cuba.

As Nigerians, we should celebrate anything nigerian. No matter which part of the country it comes from. Likewise, we should mourn with those who mourn, irrespective of their tribe and religion.

We are damn too tribalistic as a people. Na wao.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Sloan: 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
ontarian: Una see wetin I don dey talk since? Someone posted that Ibo language is this or that in Equatorial Guinea, and here we are wasting our resources debating it.

Even if Ibo is recognized as an official language( for the sake of this discussion), isn't it a credit to us as Nigerians? I was so happy when I went to Cuba and I saw them worshipping sango, ogun and all other Yoruba deities.

I am a Christian and I know what I believe. I am not Yoruba either. I am a nigerian and was happy that a nigerian culture/religion was being practiced in far away Cuba.

As Nigerians, we should celebrate anything nigerian. No matter which part of the country it comes from. Likewise, we should mourn with those who mourn, irrespective of their tribe and religion.

We are damn too tribalist as a people. Na wao.

And you live in Ontario, Canada? Do the Canadians build their advanced economy which you proudly co-opted "Ontarian" by make-believe stories that are not backed by factual data? Your should be so ashamed of yourself! Did you ask for official sources for this information or you just read the topic, saw the Wikipedia entry and that is "official"?? If you were educated in Ontario, you should have your certificate withdrawn and deleted as I am sure no university worth its salt in the most remote parts of the world (let alone Canada) would accept a reference from Wikipedia as "official". Except of course, I know you accepted because it massages your ego, makes you feel more important or panders to that false sense of larger than lifeness of the ibo. That is why you hear things like "Ibos are doing well" whereas everyone and people in Nigeria doing so well on a world scale are the last to even respond directly to any question if they are doing well or not. Would you ever see the likes of the Americans, Canadians, British, etc or even the people who are ahead in Nigeria ever make a statement of how "they are doing well"?? I think the genetic make up of the ibo is mortally flawed!
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Sloan: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm insulting your ignorance and not you and you don't want to repent. Show us where the OP mentioned Igbo being an official language?

Where is the source? Not Wikipedia, I mean the official source in the post which is still absent? I know you must be so ashamed to have been so exposed but pride and emptiness cannot let you see it! Show me the "official" source oh "moderator"!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Mulahmanbmr(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
K
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Awoofawo(m): 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
Cleanman: Are you suggesting we do thanksgiving or what?!

BRO NO MIND DEM!

VERY SOON VERY SOON! DEM GO START FORMING OWNER OF THE LAND THERE TOO, LIKE DEM DEY DO FOR LAGIDI STATE... BUNCHES OF ROOTLESS PEOPLE, I DEY VEX...
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
django1:

You've not been following this thread. Is there any credible source to this story?
nobody said its the official Lang.
they said its an ethnic language there.
is it too hard to understand?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sloan:

Where is the source? Not Wikipedia, I mean the official source in the post which is still absent? I know you must be so ashamed to have been so exposed but pride and emptiness cannot let you see it! Show me the "official" source oh "moderator"!
Go and browse the ethnic Lang in EG and see whether Igbo wl be absent.
leave Wikipedia if u like

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by jomogbomo1: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sloan:

And you live in Ontario, Canada? Do the Canadians build their advanced economy which you proudly co-opted "Ontarian" by make-believe stories that are not backed by factual data? Your should be so ashamed of yourself! Did you ask for official sources for this information or you just read the topic, saw the Wikipedia entry and that is "official"?? If you were educated in Ontario, you should have your certificate withdrawn and deleted as I am sure no university worth its salt in the most remote parts of the world (let alone Canada) would accept a reference from Wikipedia as "official". Except of course, I know you accepted because it massages your ego, makes you feel more important or panders to that false sense of larger than lifeness of the ibo. That is why you hear things like "Ibos are doing well" whereas everyone and people in Nigeria doing so well on a world scale are the last to even respond directly to any question if they are doing well or not. Would you ever see the likes of the Americans, Canadians, British, etc or even the people who are ahead in Nigeria ever make a statement of how "they are doing well"?? I think the genetic make up of the ibo is mortally flawed!

Are u angry that igbos are doing well?
Of course, there are many Igbo actors on the world stage and there is no Yoruba actor there.
let's not detail the thread sha.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:
nobody said its the official Lang.
they said its an ethnic language there.
is it too hard to understand?

Ngozi will you be so kind as to read the topic of this thread again?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
django1:

Ngozi will you be so kind as to read the topic of this thread again?

u do the reading this time around and tell me what u understand.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bigfrancis21: 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Languages of Equatorial Guinea.

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
IBOs are modern day colonials.

They invade your territory in droves, revamp the economic decadence of the locals and in no time, modernity replaces the once ramshackle environment.

Give it to the IBOs any day, any time. These group has similarity of attitude akin to the white man....developmentgrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bigfrancis21: 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
Igbo of Equatorial Guinea:

Overview: The Igbo of Equatorial Guinea have a population of 21,000. They are part of the Igbo people cluster. The global population of this people group is 25,306,700. Their primary language is Igbo - (ibo).

http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/groupdetails.aspx?peid=13167

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / I "missed You" In Igbo Language! / Caribbean Indigenes Speak Igbo & Yoruba Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.