Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language (44776 Views)

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by AlexJ1(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2013
Wow
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by AlexJ1(m): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2013
Wow, i agree that that we are boastful and that we like to spread out but i wanna say that we are boastful because we have confidence in who we are and we dont just go out to dominate, we go out to succeed. U should admire us. We are Igbos first before we are Nigerians... abi u no go ansa ur papa name first before u ansa yoruba man?

Everybody cannot succeed in one place and for the people whose inclination to succeed is very high, the whole of Nigeria isnt enough, talkless of the Igboland. Hence the need to go out, compete and succeed while those who stay back home do their bits to aid development. At the end, if there is an end, its all for the progress of the Igboland.

Some say that Igboland is jungle, well you havent been there and thats not to say that ther are no jungles. There are, but if after all we lost, personally and collectively in human resources, physical assets and otherwise, during the civil war which ended just 43yrs ago, we are able to accomplish all we have and are where we are right now, given that the growth of literacy has been steadily increasing, i'm enthusiastically scared of what we'll accomplish and where we'll be in the next 40 years. We've tried and will continue to grow.

So my brodas from the SW, u cant entirely be blamed for trying to scupper our ineluctable progress. Its scary really and i'm glad some of u pay attention and really want something done to stop us at every chance u could get. Maybe that has been our driving force.

I'm proud and thankful to be an Igbo man.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Networkmaster(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2013
WHO POST THIS RUBBISH THIS IS A BIG LIE.

I LIVE HERE IN EQUATORIAL GUINEA AND I AM ALSO A CITIZEN HERE (MATERNAL HOME).
IGBO NOR ANY NIGERIAN LANGUAGE IS NOT SEEN OR RECOGNIZE AS AN ETHNIC LANGUAGE HERE.

THEY DON'T EVEN LIKE FORIEGNERS LET ALONE ACCEPTING YOUR LANGUAGE.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESEARCH WELL BEFORE YOU POST NONSENSE HERE AGAIN.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2013
olaife80: Congratulation!!! As usual the place will soon be No Man's Land.

grin grin if it isn't already
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Noneroone(m): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2013
Networkmaster: WHO POST THIS RUBBISH THIS IS A BIG LIE.

I LIVE HERE IN EQUATORIAL GUINEA AND I AM ALSO A CITIZEN HERE (MATERNAL HOME).
IGBO NOR ANY NIGERIAN LANGUAGE IS NOT SEEN OR RECOGNIZE AS AN ETHNIC LANGUAGE HERE.

THEY DON'T EVEN LIKE FORIEGNERS LET ALONE ACCEPTING YOUR LANGUAGE.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESEARCH WELL BEFORE YOU POST NONSENSE HERE AGAIN.
LOL Your language betray your claims.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bigfrancis21: 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Noneroone: LOL Your language betray your claims.

Everything about him betrays his claims. He speaks and writes like a full-blooded Nigerian.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by DonXavi(m): 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
Equatorial Guinea which was formerly known as SANTA ISABEL with its capital Malabo (also formerly known as Fernando Póo) is comprised of the ethnic groups which include FANG, BUBI, COMBE, NDOWE, BISIO, and ANNOBON. The Fang being the largest ethnic group are from the main land, known as Rio-Muni, followed by the Bubi who are the original inhabitants of Malabo the capital city. Malabo is one of Equatorial Guinea Islands. (Bioko Island)

The Fang ethnic group is spread as far as Cameroon and Gabon. Although there was an extremely large presence of Nigerians during the colonial epoch who were imported through Calabar port by the Spaniards and used as peons and laborers working in cocoa farms until they gained their independence from Spain in 1968. Yet, after independence they kept on bringing more Nigerians till around 1979.

The crop of Nigerians now found in Equatorial Guinea are just contemporary businessmen and women who travel to and fro Nigeria doing their business. The above six mentioned ethnic groups are the only ethnic groups there are in Equatorial Guinea. All those sites you posted are just peddling lies. Igbo is not officially nor remotely recognized as an Equatorial Guinea ethnic Language. I’m gobsmacked how this untrue information made FP on NL. Na wa 4 the mods. oo! Que mentira diabolica!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by DonXavi(m): 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
romeo:

Esto quiere decir que hablas muy bien Español? Me gustaria comprobar tu nivel de Español como un buen Ecuatoguineano que pretendes ser.

Google Translate will not help you here. cheesy

Me gusta como el google te esta ayudando..lol
grin grin
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Networkmaster(m): 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Don Xavi: Equatorial Guinea which was formerly known as SANTA ISABEL with its capital Malabo (also formerly known as Fernando Póo) is comprised of the ethnic groups which include FANG, BUBI, COMBE, NDOWE, BISIO, and ANNOBON. The Fang being the largest ethnic group are from the main land, known as Rio-Muni, followed by the Bubi who are the original inhabitants of Malabo the capital city. Malabo is one of Equatorial Guinea Islands. (Bioko Island)

The Fang ethnic group is spread as far as Cameroon and Gabon. Although there was an extremely large presence of Nigerians during the colonial epoch who were imported through Calabar port by the Spaniards and used as peons and laborers working in cocoa farms until they gained their independence from Spain in 1968. Yet, after independence they kept on bringing more Nigerians till around 1979.

The crop of Nigerians now found in Equatorial Guinea are just contemporary businessmen and women who travel to and fro Nigeria doing their business. The above six mentioned ethnic groups are the only ethnic groups there are in Equatorial Guinea. All those sites you posted are just peddling lies. Igbo is not officially nor remotely recognized as an Equatorial Guinea ethnic Language. I’m gobsmacked how this untrue information made FP on NL. Na wa 4 the mods. oo! Que mentira diabolica!

Brother, you just said it all.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bottomline Igbo is not yet recognized in Equatorial Guinea, it's just a rumor
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by IGBOSON1: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
cheruv: Why are yoroobas so antagonistic of anything Igbois it a problem if igbos say they'd no longer be Naija Frankly speaking,the igbos should do fast & get out kos am tired of their biafromania.
Its not secret anymore that igbos would be better off outside than inside nigeria wink
But just like Geum Wa of Buyeo,he's afraid to let Jumong go and establish Gogoryeo kos like Gogoryeo dd to Buyeo,Nigeria is scared that Biafran Igbo armies would one day subjugate Naija shocked given the domineering nature of the igbos.

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
They asked for a source, sources were given to them.
Dey come see sources they run
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
I feel sorry for these insecure peeps tho.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by JaneYave(f): 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote
author=bigfrancis21]

Nice to hear. How is the dialect? Which of Anambra, Delta Igbo, Imo,
Enugu, Abia state dialects does it closely resemble?[/quote].....Why.are.we,so.sectionalised?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by charles0922(m): 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
gny kelly: reminant ibos of the slave trade era
sick in the head
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by tonyzid(m): 3:28am On Dec 14, 2013
God bless igbos
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bigfrancis21: 5:48am On Dec 14, 2013
macof: Bottomline Igbo is not yet recognized in Equatorial Guinea, it's just a rumor

Did you fail to see the numerous links that verifies this fact or you'd rather choose to play ignorant??

http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/groupdetails.aspx?peid=13167

http://www.africatravelsguide.com/EquatorialGuinea.php

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0855611.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bigfrancis21: 5:53am On Dec 14, 2013
django1: I feel sorry for these insecure peeps tho.

What makes the 'peeps' insecure? That the 'peeps' are celebrating the recognition of their language in another country, hence it becomes insecurity? I wonder how some people think.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

What makes the 'peeps' insecure? That the 'peeps' are celebrating the recognition of their language in another country, hence it becomes insecurity? I wonder how some people think.

u are listening to django?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 7:33am On Dec 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Did you fail to see the numerous links that verifies this fact or you'd rather choose to play ignorant??

http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/groupdetails.aspx?peid=13167

http://www.africatravelsguide.com/EquatorialGuinea.php

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0855611.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea

I didn't see this before.

Good show for the Igbo language, however it's not proven that Igbo is an official language in Equatorial Guinea just that many Igbo live there and spread the language around the small/tiny landmass of Equatorial Guinea
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by alisigwe(m): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2013
eaglechild:
Is RUST now a natural resource?
Cause i don't see the importance behind rusted brown roofs.
. Lolz
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Bia Francis, did you hide that post from network master?

Now, what exactly are you celebrating? The number of igbos living in EG or that the Igbo there have not forgotten their tongue? Because from all indication EG didn't make Igbo an official language.

Anyway, you ‘peeps' insecurity goes beyond this issue.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

u are listening to django?

What do you mean ngozieverdull, me and Francis are friends and we go way back. grin
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Networkmaster(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2013
I don't know who this moderator is but I would like to ask you not to block any of my post again, as long as its not insulting to anyone and not a strong language or else you will know why I am called Network master.

I posted something in Spanish in reply to one of the comment regarding if I am truly an Ecuatoguineano and you had to block my comment, I am so sad at your action, I consider it rude and disrespecting.

Tomorrow, someone will come here and call South Africans xenophobic.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Networkmaster(m): 11:30am On Dec 14, 2013
django1:

Bia Francis, did you hide that post from network master?

Now, what exactly are you celebrating? The number of igbos living in EG or that the Igbo there have not forgotten their tongue? Because from all indication EG didn't make Igbo an official language.

Anyway, you ‘peeps' insecurity goes beyond this issue.

I don't know who hide my post but that should not repeat its self again.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 14, 2013
django1:

What do you mean ngozieverdull, me and Francis are friends and we go way back. grin
do I seem like I care?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2013
Networkmaster: I don't know who this moderator is but I would like to ask you not to block any of my post again, as long as its not insulting to anyone and not a strong language or else you will know why I am called Network master.

I posted something in Spanish in reply to one of the comment regarding if I am truly an Ecuatoguineano and you had to block my comment, I am so sad at your action, I consider it rude and disrespecting.

Tomorrow, someone will come here and call South Africans xenophobic.

grin grin they trying to hid something from the public

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:
do I seem like I care?

Shut up, little thing. Who cares if you care?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / I "missed You" In Igbo Language! / Caribbean Indigenes Speak Igbo & Yoruba Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.