Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,606 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language (45178 Views)

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Ezemust: 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
classicEntity: yeah, they are run-away Igbos during the civil war that never thought of returning to Nigeria, they have since settled there, whereby retaining the language and 'yes' they are officially recognised in the constitution and become an indigenious ethnic group. Pls I stand to be corrected if I made a mistake
u ar wrong.in d igbo history(which pple taged''gues work'')equitorial g features a lot.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ezemust: u ar wrong.in d igbo history(which pple taged''gues work'')equitorial g features a lot.

Share some history lessons pls
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by djon78(m): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
Why is it that anytime igbo is mentioned some of our bros from the west gets worked up. Let it be known to them that we igbos are unique, it is not chest beating. Nigeria has held the igbo man down, any day this nation is no more, you will see what igboland will turn to. The yorubas were first exposed to westernisatn late 1800 while the igbos were expose by 1920's but under 30years the igbos had produced leading elites like achebes, okigbos, akani ibiams, mbanefo, 1st black vc of unilag prof njoku and 1st vc of ui prof dike, it was only the civil war that drew us back. When i look across the black world not one nation stands out as bastion of development, suffice me to let u know that i see in igbo nation the fundamentals for great economic advancement, and if we can free ourselves from the clutches of Nigeria, maximum 10 years, the igbo nation will join the developed nations. Many of we blacks think that the greatest treasures of this our world is located in the oil and diamond fields no the greatest treasure is a refined and creative human mind, that is the source of the toyotas, apples, bmw's samsungs etc of this world.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by eaglechild: 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
macof:

Ibadan holds more importance than anything ibo has to offer
Is RUST now a natural resource?
Cause i don't see the importance behind rusted brown roofs.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
macof:

Is that not Lagos keke am seeing?

hahahaha @ Lagos keke, he still can't believe it.
Most Enugu photos I have are larger dan 200k and I must tell u am not happy the one up here is the pix I could put up.
Not even one city in Yoruba land.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
I don't care what anyone will say to what I am about to say. I ve been on this forum for less than two weeks, but I ve witnessed more hate here than I could have ever imagined.

There's is so much hatred for other tribes. We celebrate hatred. We rejoice at others misfortune. We are bitter when something good happens to others.

Someone once said, " the evolution of the individual, leads to the evolution of the race".

When are we going to wake up and embrace unity? When are we gonna forgive ourselves and forget our differences? When are we gonna be Nigerians first, before anything else? I tire no be small. Yet there's hope.

I wish all the bashing here is just a friendly banter and not how we really feel about one another. Even the white man, will cringe at what some people vomit here. I beg una o!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
eaglechild:
Is RUST now a natural resource?
Cause i don't see the importance behind rusted brown roofs.

its not even about the roofs alone but the houses they cover.
miserable bungalows everywhere, ah ah.
Awada buildings in Onitsha alone looks more like what u have in developed cities.
I don't know whether its poverty or lack of taste that is disturbing those ppl.
And one of them came to write igboland is jungle, lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bee444: 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
djon78: Why is it that anytime igbo is mentioned some of our bros from the west gets worked up. Let it be known to them that we igbos are unique, it is not chest beating. Nigeria has held the igbo man down, any day this nation is no more, you will see what igboland will turn to. The yorubas were first exposed to westernisatn late 1800 while the igbos were expose by 1920's but under 30years the igbos had produced leading elites like achebes, okigbos, akani ibiams, mbanefo, 1st black vc of unilag prof njoku and 1st vc of ui prof dike, it was only the civil war that drew us back. When i look across the black world not one nation stands out as bastion of development, suffice me to let u know that i see in igbo nation the fundamentals for great economic advancement, and if we can free ourselves from the clutches of Nigeria, maximum 10 years, the igbo nation will join the developed nations. Many of we blacks think that the greatest treasures of this our world is located in the oil and diamond fields no the greatest treasure is a refined and creative human mind, that is the source of the toyotas, apples, bmw's samsungs etc of this world.

I believe the people from the west demand sanity from their Igbo counterpart to just be Nigerians for once. Every one is unique but no man is an island. It is this your people's attitude and self-deluded mindset that is still plaguing them. Ofcourse you're fair in complexion but in no way white. You should come out from obscurity and embrace reality. Stop going abroad and enslaving yourselves just to please the white-man. Slave trade ended decades ago, why start one now ?

I am appalled by the bitterness you lot still hold against Nigeria. The world has changed, Nigeria has moved on, you got to move on or change with it. We are happy as people to have you lot around us and would surely miss you if you decide in the near future to part with our beloveth Nigeria. You guys are friendly, beautiful people and industrious. We want you to therefore harness that industrialism, energy and strength into making Nigeria that beautiful country you once adored and loved.

I love Igbo people!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Just passing by...
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
bee444:

I believe the people from the west demand sanity from their Igbo counterpart to just be Nigerians for once. Every one is unique but no man is an island. It is this your people's attitude and self-deluded mindset that is still plaguing them. Ofcourse you're fair in complexion but in no way white. You should come out from obscurity and embrace reality. Stop going abroad and enslaving yourselves just to please the white-man. Slave trade ended decades ago, why start one now ?

I am appalled by the bitterness you lot still hold against Nigeria. The world has changed, Nigeria has moved on, you got to move on or change with it. We are happy as people to have you lot around us and would surely miss you if you decide in the near future to part with our beloveth Nigeria. You guys are friendly, beautiful people and industrious. We want you to therefore harness that industrialism, energy and strength into making Nigeria that beautiful country you once adored and loved.

I love Igbo people!

Are you saying that white is better? Guys, if the ibos want to leave naija, that should not be a source of worry to you or anybody else. We all know how naija came to be.

No tribe is indispensable. We are better together for sure. But if it happens, it happens. Don't worry about disintegration. Our current leaders are too busy looting to let naija disintegrate.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bigfrancis21: 11:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by eaglechild: 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Awada buildings in Onitsha alone looks more like what u have in developed cities.
grin grin
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by macof(m): 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Still you and ur brothers leave ur New York like Enugu to come make money in the jungle Ibadan.

Lol grin stop deceiving urselves.

If there's anything worth bragging in iboland, u would stay put
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bigfrancis21: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
I've always known about Igbo being a recognized language of EG so many years ago in the christmas of 1999 when we traveled to the village(maternal) and I was going through a world fact book I found in my uncle's room. I was very amazed back then.

My uncle also used to talk of this place called, 'Panya' where so many Igbo people are. It was also later I discovered its located in EG. He used to frequently joke with us(me and my sibs) that he'd take us to panya someday.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by MidasT(m): 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
You Ibos should learn how to stay out of trouble. This thread is possible of causing bad blood and envy to flow uncontrolably. Must u put it on Nairaland that belongs to ur arch rival? The war must have started, because am still on page 1. Am sure u will win. Congrats though8-)
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
MidasT: You Ibos should learn how to stay out of trouble. This thread is possible of causing bad blood and envy to flow uncontrolably. Must u put it on Nairaland that belongs to ur arch rival? The war must have started, because am still on page 1. Am sure u will win. Congrats though8-)
u here to fight?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
bee444:

I love Igbo people!
This one said we should stop going abroad . smh.
u would have made sense but I know the context u are using to write.
Nonsense
Do we get stuck in overseas when we go there?
Dont we have igbos thay travel for business, academics, sports, recreation.
If u think igbos are going to join ur band wagon of lack of dynamism and adventure, then u must be high on sth.
Which successful entrepreneur stays in one place?
If quota system which doesn't favour SE is not scrapped, what will be ur basis for asking them to stay back in Nigeria.
U are looking for who to frustrate.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 13, 2013
djon78: Why is it that anytime igbo is mentioned some of our bros from the west gets worked up. Let it be known to them that we igbos are unique, it is not chest beating. Nigeria has held the igbo man down, any day this nation is no more, you will see what igboland will turn to. The yorubas were first exposed to westernisatn late 1800 while the igbos were expose by 1920's but under 30years the igbos had produced leading elites like achebes, okigbos, akani ibiams, mbanefo, 1st black vc of unilag prof njoku and 1st vc of ui prof dike, it was only the civil war that drew us back. When i look across the black world not one nation stands out as bastion of development, suffice me to let u know that i see in igbo nation the fundamentals for great economic advancement, and if we can free ourselves from the clutches of Nigeria, maximum 10 years, the igbo nation will join the developed nations. Many of we blacks think that the greatest treasures of this our world is located in the oil and diamond fields no the greatest treasure is a refined and creative human mind, that is the source of the toyotas, apples, bmw's samsungs etc of this world.
Which one be igbo nation? Do you mean to. Say Biafra?
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by otemanuduno: 1:27am On Dec 13, 2013
Clifford orji things...eating man till death do them part...civilization indee smiley
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by otemanuduno: 1:29am On Dec 13, 2013
Arcsniper: Just passing by...
My guy wait nd watch
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Yujin(m): 5:43am On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan:

And you live in Ontario, Canada? Do the Canadians build their advanced economy which you proudly co-opted "Ontarian" by make-believe stories that are not backed by factual data? Your should be so ashamed of yourself! Did you ask for official sources for this information or you just read the topic, saw the Wikipedia entry and that is "official"?? If you were educated in Ontario, you should have your certificate withdrawn and deleted as I am sure no university worth its salt in the most remote parts of the world (let alone Canada) would accept a reference from Wikipedia as "official". Except of course, I know you accepted because it massages your ego, makes you feel more important or panders to that false sense of larger than lifeness of the ibo. That is why you hear things like "Ibos are doing well" whereas everyone and people in Nigeria doing so well on a world scale are the last to even respond directly to any question if they are doing well or not. Would you ever see the likes of the Americans, Canadians, British, etc or even the people who are ahead in Nigeria ever make a statement of how "they are doing well"?? I think the genetic make up of the ibo is mortally flawed!
Why the hatred over a simple and harmless information about a language from Nigeria being recognised 'officially as a local language'? Or is it because IGBO is involved?
Cheeeeiii! Ewu ata m igu n'isi.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by cheruv: 7:12am On Dec 13, 2013
Why are yoroobas so antagonistic of anything Igbois it a problem if igbos say they'd no longer be Naija Frankly speaking,the igbos should do fast & get out kos am tired of their biafromania.
Its not secret anymore that igbos would be better off outside than inside nigeria wink
But just like Geum Wa of Buyeo,he's afraid to let Jumong go and establish Gogoryeo kos like Gogoryeo dd to Buyeo,Nigeria is scared that Biafran Igbo armies would one day subjugate Naija shocked given the domineering nature of the igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2013
Yujin:
Why the hatred over a simple and harmless information about a language from Nigeria being recognised 'officially as a local language'? Or is it because IGBO is involved?
Cheeeeiii! Ewu ata m igu n'isi.
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by bee444: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:
This one said we should stop going abroad . smh.
u would have made sense but I know the context u are using to write.
Nonsense
Do we get stuck in overseas when we go there?
Dont we have igbos thay travel for business, academics, sports, recreation.
If u think igbos are going to join ur band wagon of lack of dynamism and adventure, then u must be high on sth.
Which successful entrepreneur stays in one place?
If quota system which doesn't favour SE is not scrapped, what will be ur basis for asking them to stay back in Nigeria.
U are looking for who to frustrate.

" which successful entrepreneur stays in one place" ...according to you

The above quote just shows how gullible you are my friend. May be you mean to say which criminal stays in one place! That would have justify your assertion.

We know what you people do in Singapore, India, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy and the rest of the drug infested countries you travel to. You get killed almost everyday in these countriez for drug related crime, and you coming here boasting about your " entrepreneurship?"

You people are too dangerous for Nigeria, especially during Christmas. You go at any length to acquire wealth, killing and stealing just to please your wives and families. You even steal from your part dealers shop and transfer the loot to your own shop.

We know you, you money-monger, a.s.s-licking b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by Psylas(m): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2013
It's true, i hv world factbook app of 2006, ibo is one of their 7th official languages, their offical lang are spainish and french, others are bubi, english, pidgen, fang and ibo
Re: Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by olaife80: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2013
Congratulation!!! As usual the place will soon be No Man's Land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... / What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.