Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner (25430 Views)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / Breaking!! ANAMBRA Presidential Election Result / Willy Obiano Is APGA Anambra Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
software man:
You mean the 22% that voted in the election, out of which 50% voted for the APGA candidate would have voted otherwise if APC members -on NAIRALAND?-were not speaking loosely?
Are you saying anambra people did not vote for APGA but voted against NGIGE because of what other people are saying?
That is a curious way of choosing the governor of a state. I thought APGA won because OBI has done well in eight years and the very few people who turned out to vote
did so because they wanted a continuity of APGA's good governance.
Thanks for educating us. Anambrarians voted to spite their face by cutting their nose.
Strange people. Curious way of thinking.

You don't get my point. Politicians speak vociferously, but they don't speak loosely against the voters that they marketing to. Are you saying that various APC figures did not say things that could be understood as anti-Igbo?

Of course, native Lagosians or any SW state for that matter will not vote for APGA should APGA want to market to those states. Funny because APGA is not even aggressively anti-Yoruba, such as what we see with APC for the Igbos.

Simple politics bro.
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
You think Obama would have won the presidency in the US if the democrats were brazenly anti-minority, anti-black, and anti-working class, in their mode of speech?

Even if Obama were Jesus Christ that will not happen. Western politicians understand the importance of image and words in campaigns and this is something that the Nigerian ruling class must adopt in the face of social media and an increasingly sophisticated populace.

This is a democracy and the political elite must adopt respect and proper word usage when relating to their constituency, or risk having their verbal weaknesses used by opponents.

Of course my opinion will mean nothing to staunch APC supporters but bitter truth will always remain the bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
irunmoleaiye: bunch of hypocrite...... make APGA go win 2015 election nau.......Igbo can never rule NIGERIA with this your SENTIMENTAL Attitude......Stella Oduah mismanaged our funds you said she's our Daughter.....No wonder they are fighting so hard for their so called BIAFRA Republic....u guys should just watch while your OGA ON TOP Rules..... Yeye People

Congratulation to KANGAROO Governor to be CHIEF WILLIE OBIANO

As long as SOUTH WEST Remains INTACT nothing concern me.....If Igbo people like make dem elect cat or dog as their Governor....I don't give a S*hit.............

Lol, dis one wan commit suicide self

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
nnenna.1:
You think Obama would have won the presidency in the US if the democrats were brazenly anti-minority, anti-black, and anti-working class, in their mode of speech?

Even if Obama were Jesus Christ that will not happen. Western politicians understand the importance of image and words in campaigns and this is something that the Nigerian ruling class must adopt in the face of social media and an increasingly sophisticated populace.

This is a democracy and the political elite must adopt respect and proper word usage when relating to their constituency, or risk having their verbal weaknesses used by opponents.

Of course my opinion will mean nothing to staunch APC supporters but bitter truth will always remain the bitter truth.

Thank you for this writeup
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nancyamakaeze: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dis obiano self na foolish man, wetin he no say he wan rule for sit no be dat man Nkem dey control am
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by itsIYKE(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
foolish sycophant, you think APGA can secure one vote in imo.
oh u ar bound to be disaponted
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by meforyou1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Obiano has won clean and clear. now we want to see tinubu's true colour. He should make ngige APC's presidential candidate.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by PHIPEX(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
The hypocrites in high places have finally allowed this thread get to front page over 8hrs after it was announced, it was really a journey of a thousand miles.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by jossybig(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
APGA will collapse in to the PDP that is the agreement on ground that is why INEC with PDP ring the election to get support in 2015 for GEJ presidential election APGA will go into extinction by 2015 mark my word!
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
russellino:

On paper Ngige is Obiano's oga by miles but some really ruthless APGA strategists used the deportation and FFK's stinky articles about igbos to devastating effect. When I visited Idemili North (Ngige's area) before the election I was shocked to read a pamphlet with his racist articles and his (ffk) pictures with aregbe and some other APC ogas

Of course you are right, Ngige is miles away from Obiano in Politics and would have won if;

@FASHOLA DID NOT DEPORT IGBOS
@FFK DID NOT LIE & PROFESS TO SLEEPING WITH LATE OJUKWU'S WIFE
@TINUBU HAS NOT BEEN WRONGFULLY INSTALLING ANTI-IGBO IYA LOJA IN MOSTLY IGBO POPULATED MARKETS

Above men are the pillars of APC, and you expect APC to win in Anambra State ? Its never possible for APC in the next 12 yrs to win in Anambra, the heart of Igbo Dynasty.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Amandobolt(m): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
jossybig: APGA will collapse in to the PDP that is the agreement on ground that is why INEC with PDP ring the election to get support in 2015 for GEJ presidential election APGA will go into extinction by 2015 mark my word!
This was just what I was about writing. THAT'S A STATED FACT
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by justhelp(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
the warrior72: This is a victory for democracy, a victory for justice , a victory for equity& fairness& finally a victory for Chief Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu Ikemba 1 Nigeria tongue cheesy
The sick one
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
software man:
Interesting theory. The question is could NGIGE have won the election over APGA'S incumbency and Jonathan's conspiracy against his own party's candidate?
In an election where the turnout is less than 22% of registered voters, you can not talk of any party or candidate being rejected for any reason.
The vast majority of the people just did not bother to come out to vote.
The issue is not whether APGA could have won or not, the issue is that the election was a complete sham and fraud.
It is like a student who got an expo to an exam boasting he could have passed even if he did not see the questions before hand.

How can you say that ? So if APC won, the election wouldnt have been a sham ? I understand its painful when a party you support loses an election, but let me guess, you are in Lagos and sounding conviction about election in Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by justhelp(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

And you still type about 10 lines of text! grin grin grin

Please go and take APC! hahahahahahaha
i wonder where you live and make a living, i guess not in APGA State but APC State
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Olamagnifico: It will concern you when More Igbo flock into south west from Anambra... Hahahaha be ready to welcome more victims of bad government from s.east.

Anyone that uses this phrase doesn't know anything about igbos. I haven't seen anyone in the south east that said he or she is moving to any part of the country because of bad Government and i know you haven't seen any, Most people i know moved to Lagos because they opened another branch of their business in those states after developing the ones in the south east to a high standard, now they move to oversee the new business till it stands very well which will take them years before they move to other parts of the country.

There are igbos i know that lives in the south east but owns business in Lagos, Uyo, Bayelsa, Kano, Kaduna, that is the spirit of entrepreneurship in the igbos...

America is a great country today is not because their Government built it rather they citizens contributed by investing in every part of their country. Lots of business in America has branches in almost all the states in the states yet you wont hear indigines of Illinois accusing indigines of connecticut of leaving their land to invest in Illinois because of bad Government in their region.

Igbos don't sit at a place waiting for the Government unlike the other people, igbos invest in every part of Nigeria. Also there are Good numbers of northerners in the south east who owns business running into millions of naira do you want to say they also ran away from their state because of bad Government? Among the 3 tribes we have in Nigeria only most of the yorubas are the one shouting all over the place everyday about bad government because a good percentage of them are lazy and lack the knowledge to open/run a business because they are not willing to learn and because they don't have the patience to serve someone for 5 to 6 years and learn a trade to be successful on their own. They keep waiting on the Government job, most of their graduate just sit at home waiting for the Government to create jobs for them, jobs that have been promised since 1970. Igbo's don't rely on the Government for anything thats why they hardly complain of bad Governance cause it didn't start today, Since the inception of Nigeria there has always been bad Governance so why complain now that it is even getting better...

Igbos are the ones practicing this One Nigeria that other people are preaching and making noise about, they build houses, open up business in far away states that is not their tribe land, tell me which other of the 3 major tribes in Nigeria that can do that.

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
gboss4sure:

Anyone that uses this phrase doesn't know anything about igbos. I haven't seen anyone in the south east that said he or she is moving to any part of the country because of bad Government and i know you haven't seen any, Most people i know moved to Lagos because they opened another branch of their business in those states after developing the ones in the south east to a high standard, now they move to oversee the new business till it stands very well which will take them years before they move to other parts of the country.

There are igbos i know that lives in the south east but owns business in Lagos, Uyo, Bayelsa, Kano, Kaduna, that is the spirit of entrepreneurship in the igbos...

America is a great country today is not because their Government built it rather they citizens contributed by investing in every part of their country. Lots of business in America has branches in almost all the states in the states yet you wont hear indigines of Illinois accusing indigines of connecticut of leaving their land to invest in Illinois because of bad Government in their region.

Igbos don't sit at a place waiting for the Government unlike the other people, igbos invest in every part of Nigeria. Also there are Good numbers of northerners in the south east who owns business running into millions of naira do you want to say they also ran away from their state because of bad Government? Among the 3 tribes we have in Nigeria only most of the yorubas are the one shouting all over the place everyday about bad government because a good percentage of them are lazy and lack the knowledge to open/run a business because they are not willing to learn and because they don't have the patience to serve someone for 5 to 6 years and learn a trade to be successful on their own. They keep waiting on the Government job, most of their graduate just sit at home waiting for the Government to create jobs for them, jobs that have been promised since 1970. Igbo's don't rely on the Government for anything thats why they hardly complain of bad Governance cause it didn't start today, Since the inception of Nigeria there has always been bad Governance so why complain now that it is even getting better...

Igbos are the ones practicing this One Nigeria that other people are preaching and making noise about, they build houses, open up business in far away states that is not the tribe land, tell me which other of the 3 major tribes in Nigeria that can do that.

You dey mind them ? Ignore those never-do-wells.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
irunmoleaiye: bunch of hypocrite...... make APGA go win 2015 election nau.......Igbo can never rule NIGERIA with this your SENTIMENTAL Attitude......Stella Oduah mismanaged our funds you said she's our Daughter.....No wonder they are fighting so hard for their so called BIAFRA Republic....u guys should just watch while your OGA ON TOP Rules..... Yeye People

Congratulation to KANGAROO Governor to be CHIEF WILLIE OBIANOI

As long as SOUTH WEST Remains INTACT nothing concern me.....If Igbo people like make dem elect cat or dog as their Governor....I don't give a S*hit.............

If you really didn't give a sh*t all those earlier words of yours wouldn't have been necessary. I wonder what you consider hypocritical about Anambra people resisting APC in their state through this election, if an APGA candidate were ever to win in Lagos wouldn't you consider that unnatural? So you now call it being sentimental eh? What name did you call it when AC/ACN won in Lagos when PDP took the presidency? Hypocrisy? If you're looking for that then look in the mirror please.
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Lightening: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2013

See raw bitterness. Dunno how Anambra exclusive affair concerns you. Pls check your blood pressure o.
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by chichriso: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
APGA no the game they played for him to defeat Ngige.
http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/chief-willie-obiano-has-been-declared.html
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by pcnwamadi(m): 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jman06: PDP is known to accept defeat gallantly like they did in edo and other states where they lost elections. That's the quality of a true democratic party. APC on the other hand is a party founded on desperation and that's why it is full of desperados who consider an election free and fair only when it goes in their favour. Congrats to Dr Willie Obiano! Congrats to APGA !! Congrats to Anambra State!!!
APC/CPC went to court in 2011 and uptill now notin. I cant wait for 2015, all of dem will cry dere life out here wen Bros 'J' go fall dere hand. It is he who pays d piper dictates d pace. Forget abt d noise makers on NL, people like demdem, am sure on dat election day he wont make noise else dem flog d demon out of him. Am waitin patiently and I shall be bak to comment on dat dey.. I dey laf grin
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by SPEED5: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

APGA for ur information is central and strong at the heart of ndi imo
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
Symphony007: I wanna ask a question, if the PDP consideres APGA such a loyal lapdog or extention of their party, to the extent they defend this election with all the obvious flaws. Then did they bother to produce a candidate for the governorship? Could'nt they have just endorsed APGA. All their actions is just making their flagberer look s tupid and isolated.

bros they brought tony nwoye so that apc opposition wont just be apga.so even if apc wins in court the next governor will be pdp cause they came second.pdp and ndiigbo dont want apc near to that seat atall.so i m sorry oo.no cry
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Pontaboki: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
Surely,you are not from Owerri,see below
FreeGlobe:
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by justhelp(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
Billyonaire:

Of course you are right, Ngige is miles away from Obiano in Politics and would have won if;

@TINUBU HAS NOT BEEN WRONGFULLY INSTALLING ANTI-IGBO IYA LOJA IN MOSTLY IGBO POPULATED MARKETS

Above men are the pillars of APC, and you expect APC to win in Anambra State ? Its never possible for APC in the next 12 yrs to win in Anambra, the heart of Igbo Dynasty.

Why are you fooling your here, if all these that you said happened, so Ngige is now yoruba man that will be suffer for it,your people are so so so silly for that, if they can not fight for development. no wonder all your people are everywhere in the SW engaging themselves in illegal act but for them they are doing business,why cant your elder think and develop their region so that you youth will stop running to other region for survival, please think.
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
Billyonaire:

#Word, APC is not going to win any election in the south east anytime from now, public opinion in the south east is against them and the way their supporters run their mouth on nairaland with anything that has to do with igbos is not helping them at all. Before the first anambra election i was in Aba and i went to a restaurant to have my launch, there were 3 guys sitting in front of me and were deeply discussing the upcoming Anambra election, i was listening quietly to them and one of them said that he would have voted for ngige but for the fact that fashola went against the constitution of Nigeria to deport Nigerians inside Nigeria and ngige supported him that he is not going to vote for him again, another one said that nigige is in the wrong party because his party belongs to the former governor of Lagos and they way the party is going about that they are not to be trusted. The last guy said that he lived in Lagos during Tinibu's term as Governor and that as far as tinibu is the leader of apc that every state under them is in bondage and that he is worst than Obasanjo. That's to show you what the street voters think of apc.

Personally, I have said that if APC wants to win the presidential seat which is not possible as of now they should tell their supporters to watch their mouth because i know lots of people that didn't vote for APC because of what their supporters are saying online...... And no political party in nigeria can be able to win any election without the votes from the 3 major tribes in Nigeria and PDP knows thats why they do their maths very well and its very hard for a PDP Governor to do anything that will be seen to be against any other tribe because they needs the votes from every part of Nigeria to win.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by SPEED5: 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
may thunder cripple your midget fingers you used to type that nonsense, did Rochas ever contest governorship in imo bar last election, why didn't APGA deliver Presidency to ojukwu when he used the platform. why didn't APGA deliver any Senate seat in Anambra

That presidential election was greatly rigged. Ojukwu swept the vote in the whole of the east
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by sirfemoz(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2013

See as this one dey drink PANADOL for somebody's headache.. Bro, go and get yourself engaged with something serious in life.. Cos now, you are really losing it..
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by efizee: 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
mascot87: It's only a blind person that will be happy with the criminal declaration of obiano as governor R.I.P to development in Anambra state
peter is a bloody rogue...they have shamelessly rigged the election and they are shamelessly ascending a position that they dont deserve....somebody's downfall is underway...fingers crossed though...cos i know say my God no dey sleep...thats all for now
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2013

Eeyah sorry, I feel ur pain.
Ode you are obviously having sleepless over another man's headache grin
Re: BREAKING: Anambra Election – Obiano Is declared Winner by paschalndidi(m): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
kubi240: was the election free and fair
Is there any election that could be said to be free and fair in the world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn / Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest: Nigerians React / Reno Omokri reacts to President Buhari's re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.