Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec (42670 Views)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 10:07am On Dec 04, 2013
Tmonex: u cant battle all dis pple... guy u dont hv to reply to everytin..its too late to prove anytin nw...let them think whateva ure what ure,CCA or no CCA...u self like wahala...#continue quoting them untill dem ask u to upload ur cert 4dem 2c..

thanks for the tip. I'd just take your advice. You rock.

lol @ uploading my certs...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Alex4zee(m): 10:24am On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by swit4real: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2013
I have 175.48 in my MA account, 285.00 in A2 account and 12012.94 for A10 account. Please wht does that mean.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by babaisale01(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Easy tiger.
Deblow: I hate this guy's guts! He talked as if he owned Nigeria! Sheer arrogance and loads of disrespect to those whose monies pay your salary! Any fault of urs? Nay! We have an insensitive government in this country so, network providers like Airtel and others can choose to hold subscribers in servitude. If not, this charlatan in the garb of a lousy customer care agent wouldn't have come here to insult the sensibilities of multitudes of subscribers just because he can speak some grammar. He bluffed too much for my liking! U claimed u did ur survey or whatever before coming out with this obnoxious transfer and u concluded it wasn't going to have any negative effects on ur subscriber base! How naive and be clouded ur sense of reasoning are! You tried, albeit in an infantile fashion, to compare ur moribund Airtel to MTN that has remained so stable and has stood the test of time. Recall how many times Airtel had been sold over each time with a change of name and yet it's still struggling to survive? I don't and won't ever use Airtel sim for anything. For ur information, the worst MTN signal is better than the best Airtel signal and so it is all over the country. A yoruba adage will say "A nroju j'eko obun, obun tun nda eko e kere" meaning we are forcing ourselves to eat the pap made by a dirty woman, yet, she makes it expensive! If truly u are a CCA, then you are a bad one and a good example of how not to be a CCA. Pple like u will bring misfortune to the organisations u represent because u don't know how to appeal to the sensibilities of subscribers who indirectly put food on ur table. If Airtel is sold again, you are doomed!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kolidave: 10:32am On Dec 04, 2013
Kay no reply anybody again... You guys are just criticizing him and insulting like he's Airtel himself. This network has tried its best to allow you guys use Bis on android for a long time,Sumtin that no other network has done for a long time like this be grateful. Bone that their network is terrible ooooo,buh haba they ave tried!!! Majority of you should stop dishing out your anger and frustrations to Airtel alone,dish it out to other Service Providers and hope for a better android plan in the nearest future. Mr Kay don't think I'm supporting you ooo cos you were kinda harsh and rude.I believe in equity and fairness,guys be fair and just in your thinking. Airtel thank you for the past few month of the poor Bis service I've enjoyed on android,I'm very greatful buh like u said its time to move on. I'm dumping my airtel Sim for other manageable service provider.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by chuks87(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100(m):

Yes sir. The ban also covers what you just
mentioned.
As if I am I am begging to use your network...

U r telling me to just subcribe and waste my own data on pinging and viewing facebook babes? If BB can run and support applications like Utorrent among the rest den I ll be singing another tune.... I use to be an Airtel biggest fan, I advertise and encourage people to get their sim as if I am an agent or a staff. I decline to configure any phone, laptop,ipad et al for internet service if it doesn't have airtel sim..... Hmmmm... Infact RIP Airtel! *texting my clients to forget about getting an airtel sim*
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2013
Kayswag from the onset i dey ur back...only say i tell u say u wan deu proud. Now u wan dey fall my hand; you have time to be replying people attacking you bah? Abeg ignore and assist people that have issues with their lines. U don't have to answer every attack thrown at you or ur employer. If they are so pained let them take placards and go your head office on banana island. Airtel was kind enough to let this plan work for so long...even more kind to let us knw the service will be disabled unlike many other networks that will just cut u off rudely without any info. Even when they start voice plans and people migrate to such plans, u can just wake up and discover such plans have been scrapped and every1 reverted to one silly plan again without even any fore knowledge or apology. Very typical of mtn. Smh for this country.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by chemicool: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=Deblow]I hate this guy's guts! He talked as if he owned Nigeria! Sheer arrogance and loads of disrespect to those whose monies pay your salary! Any fault of urs? Nay! We have an insensitive government in this country so, network providers like Airtel and others can choose to hold subscribers in servitude. If not, this charlatan in the garb of a lousy customer care agent wouldn't have come here to insult the sensibilities of multitudes of subscribers just because he can speak some grammar. He bluffed too much for my liking! U claimed u did ur survey or whatever before coming out with this obnoxious transfer and u concluded it wasn't going to have any negative effects on ur subscriber base! How naive and be clouded ur sense of reasoning are! You tried, albeit in an infantile fashion, to compare ur moribund Airtel to MTN that has remained so stable and has stood the test of time. Recall how many times Airtel had been sold over each time with a change of name and yet it's still struggling to survive? I don't and won't ever use Airtel sim for anything. For ur information, the worst MTN signal is better than the best Airtel signal and so it is all over the country. A yoruba adage will say "A nroju j'eko obun, obun tun nda eko e kere" meaning we are forcing ourselves to eat the pap made by a dirty woman, yet, she makes it expensive! If truly u are a CCA, then you are a bad one and a good example of how not to be a CCA. Pple like u will bring misfortune to the organisations u represent because u don't know how to appeal to the sensibilities of subscribers who indirectly put food on ur table. If Airtel is sold again, you are doomed!

Guy, how much MTN paid you for this advert? Stop condemning Airtel. That's the network I use and I know that many people like their services the way I do. I will never leave Airtel.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by adeinfinit(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

Bro! Thumbs up fr wat uve been doin.. I sub fr d 80mb nd it was added to my a10...if i wnt to sub fr a month,shld i wait till i exhaust d 80mb or i sub b4 it xpires...
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 04, 2013
Tmonex: u cant battle all dis pple... guy u dont hv to reply to everytin..its too late to prove anytin nw...let them think whateva ure what ure,CCA or no CCA...u self like wahala...#continue quoting them untill dem ask u to upload ur cert 4dem 2c..
grin grin . Killer
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Gnosticmovement(m): 11:02am On Dec 04, 2013
Geez..una funny o..una dey tiff from person house, the person buy buglary proof doors..una dey vex say una nor go visit am again...thats d scenario...anyway i just subscribed dis morning on ma lumia..guess u guys (airtel) didn't block myn...lol..team wp8
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 04, 2013
Kai! this guy don spoil market

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by elfico(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2013
I wonder why the good citizens of this country and nairaland are wasting their precious time and data to reply him. Leave him alone. When they start losing subscribers and as a consequence fall in profit, what next? Downsizing. By the time his job is at stake, I doubt if he would still feel the same way about his beloved airtel.
N.B Hope its still called airtel o, because you never can tell what name they would call it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 04, 2013
its workin wella !!!!gues airtel jst used dat 4 publicity...jst did d 2gb plan nw
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by unmask: 11:25am On Dec 04, 2013
A lot of Nigerians are just unbelievably insincere.....you were using a bb plan for non bb devices and you thinking you were in the right? Airtel even had the goodwill to send out messages to you that it will be stopped, they also allowed those that had subscription to exhaust theirs yet you call them insensitive.....I know a lot of you would have lost money when mtn and etisalat stopped their's abruptly..................

Airtel have acted in good faith and if you fail to see that, then you don't deserve to be a customer.....and it would be good riddance........I have used airtel for so long and I have enjoyed their services, albeit in my new area the network is poor, which they have promised to look into......they have dedicated whatsapp and bb plans for android......surely they are way better than 'em-thief-hen in terms of sensitivity to the plight of people

3 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 04, 2013
Comfortably did the 1+1 offer this morning, still flexin it now

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:41am On Dec 04, 2013
swit4real: I have 175.48 in my MA account, 285.00 in A2 account and 12012.94 for A10 account. Please wht does that mean.
it means u can parcel d sim card wit it's pack & mail it to PMB30432 (my NIPOST mailbox) & I'll dutifully reward u #200 worth of any network reshaarge card u want grin
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by baduks(m): 11:43am On Dec 04, 2013
@kayswag100 kindly tell us what each of the accounts (i.e. 1 to 10) represent.

I checked mine and I saw this msg.

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Tmonex: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

just help those who really nid ur help...kò le jù bée lo
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by chenu(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=chemicool][/quote]who sey make u airtel na wa 4 u ooooo
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Djponpin1(m): 11:49am On Dec 04, 2013
Is there no data plan for andriod again.i think there is Guru here hmm na wa ooo
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by babsalux09(m): 11:54am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

for now, no plan as such had been communicated sir. *141*1# would tell you the available data plans.

The best deal is 3k for 1gb. My hand shakes as I write this o. This erstwhile have 6gb using and amount. aaaaaaaahhhhh!!

listen to ur self,3k for 1gb...will anyman in his right senses go for a slow network with very little 1gb for that amt,when less than thay amount can give me a better offer of 1.5g bonus to use anytime and 3gb at night,makin 4.5gb all together,..i dont even care anymore airtel can go to hell...burnin d sim soon wit d mb self,they are so full of shit,we dey manage them them come they do yanga again...only in cases where mtn or glo is network is not good will airtel have a say,but once d bis doesnt work anymore...only a fool will go for airtel....i dnt knw what they've got to loose,if not that they are greedy,at least its capped not that it isnt for them to be afraid of android user exceedin their bandwidth or something...even if we have the money,does that mean we shouldnt apply common sense in spending......well well well,its their loss,because a minus can never add it can only deduct,so u can only be pretendin u wont loose customers,but in reality u will loose so much,no good friend will advice his friend to go for airtel...coz airtel without bis workin on other phones is as good as shit....i rest my case...*throws airtel sim in soakaway*

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by chenu(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2013
unmask: A lot of Nigerians are just unbelievably insincere.....you were using a bb plan for non bb devices and you thinking you were in the right? Airtel even had the goodwill to send out messages to you that it will be stopped, they also allowed those that had subscription to exhaust theirs yet you call them insensitive.....I know a lot of you would have lost money when mtn and etisalat stopped their's abruptly..................

Airtel have acted in good faith and if you fail to see that, then you don't deserve to be a customer.....and it would be good riddance........I have used airtel for so long and I have enjoyed their services, albeit in my new area the network is poor, which they have promised to look into......they have dedicated whatsapp and bb plans for android......surely they are way better than 'em-thief-hen in terms of sensitivity to the plight of people
who be dis again.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

oga, I'm not insomnic like you.

You don't know what a white flag is! ??

it means I give up. truce!!!
i was neva wrong about the kind proud-u think-u knw all,kind of person u are.u are obviously a megalomaniac and for ur info, i am learned. i knw wat a white flag is! aside the fact that most pple get to knw what it means from some of the movies they watch. i am also sure u dont knw what it means to have a red flag placed on a combatant vehicle. dont sweat it dude, u are priviledge to be educated. if u like, conment on this again, i hv all the time in the world for u. i am waiting.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2013
juhs did d daily 2+1 tdai...4th December nd dahs wat m using to typ ryt now...d speed z very gud...u can c d date at d top of d message..:/

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by ZeusAyo: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2013
Teacher: describe kayswag100 I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ one word
Student: 'Azzhole' Ma

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by joshuaidibia(m): 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

so bros wetn b d code to activate d facebuk nd whatsapp plan? nd hw much?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by benzion72(m): 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
Why all these fuss on somebody who took his time to explain how thing work. Me think people should consider the pros and cons of the device they are buying into.

This is part of Nigeria problem, why will you want to subvert network policy by using plan meant for blackberry on android. That is part of the corruption that is bedeviling our national life and you are still claiming right on such subversion and perversion behavior.

My simple advise is that if you cannot afford data consumption of your device, then you are not qualify to use such device.

My candid advise is that people should cut the coat according to the cloth and not their size. There are some of us who still use BB 8520 with
N1k subscription per month.

What are most people doing on Android phone is rubbish and a waste of a lot of man hour on games. When I descovered that my Nokia N900 was gulping data like a leviathan I have to archive it. If many of you quanitify the money you are using in a year to feed frivolity by now you will have gotten a house of your own.

A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by davetwitzy: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

anther fallacy. If you have issues, it doesnt mean the whole world would have same.

After subscribing for a FB/WHATSAPP/BBM bundle which goes to account 8, you'll need to restart your phone, then you must have at least 1 naira in main account.

Having issues, call the cc
maybe they just started that,Cuz every time I sub for the what's app plan they zap my credit.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by babsalux09(m): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Youngsage: Hmmmnnnn.... Na wa o!

@kayswag, thanks for the exposition...
But which do you think is more;
Android users or blackberry users?
Why do networks have no regard for Anroid and others except bb as per data plans? Isn't this unfair? If bb users have bb plans, I see no reason why android users should not.

blackberry is no way better,networks are just being greedy or i will rather say not considerate bcoz blackberry tends to consume less megabyte than android & iphone in my own perspective.and hardly will u see its app up to 500mb in size..unlike games on android,while d browsing on android or iphones consume megabyte like pc.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by lekkie073(m): 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
God punish all of una way dey castigate airtel....
why MTN and co no allow bb plan work for android? airtel try am....e sweet una....dem stop am, una dey make noise. if u can't afford something, just drop down. or is it by force to browse? since the arrival of bbm on android, poverty stricken Ppl have rushed en masse to buy airtel because of the bb plan glitch airtel had.....thereby making d traffic very congested. can u hear some people saying they use airtel just to access the internet. we loyal econet/vmobile/celtel/zain/airtel customers are not complaining because we know the company has always been the most customer friendly among all telecoms operators in Nigeria.

advice: u saying u bought airtel because of bb plan access should port back to where u were before......why did u come in the first place......nonsense!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / My Experience Using New Age Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.