Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec (42663 Views)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by masciv: 8:08am On Dec 04, 2013
Bawss1: OP please can you explain the rationale behind this move by Airtel in more detail?The reason you provided didn't explain what the network loses in running the BIS package on non BB devices or what Airtel stands to gain when this move has been effected.
The popular consensus is that by using BIS on non BB devices subscribers actually use up more data and so load data more often which should translate to more money for Airtel.

They aren't losing.they aren't just extorting enough.Why?, these networks give so much bandwidth to bb devices cos they know bb users simply don't go near the limit of the bandwidth allocated to them. Why is it that no matter how much browsing, pinging and chatting you do on bb,mtn would still tell you * fair usage * after inquiring for your subscription usage.Why is it that they don't display your data usage on bb?,think of it.They want to keep ripping Nigerians.Haven't you heard that Nigerians pay the highest rates for anything that's got to do with networks be it call,SMS or data rates.But come to Android, users of android simply extinguish almost if not all the data allocated to them cause of wonderful apps and to top it,users of android can see their data usage thereby making sure to finish the data allocated to them. I'm sure that a year of pinging chatting and browsing on bb devices would just amount to about 1gb of data excluding downloading but come to Android, personally I usually use about 40 to 60 and on better days 70mb for browsing chatting and other app stuff's excluding downloading.So I hope you understand why they won't just allow their data go freely into android's hands. They're totally ripping bb users but haven't found a way of doing that to android users and I don't think they will *ever*.These network providers are simply extorting from Nigerians and they would go to any means to keep cash rolling in at the expense of the customers.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2013
davetwitzy: SCAM!!!!!. THE WHAT'S APP AND FB BUNDLES WILL ZAP YOUR CREDIT LIKE ELECTRICITY. THIS BB PLAN IS EVEN WORSE, DON'T SUBSCRIBE FOR IT(MY ADVICE FOR YOU)

anther fallacy. If you have issues, it doesnt mean the whole world would have same.

After subscribing for a FB/WHATSAPP/BBM bundle which goes to account 8, you'll need to restart your phone, then you must have at least 1 naira in main account.

Having issues, call the cc
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2013
so i hav 1611 in my acct 1o,if d bb daily plan goes 2 my acct1o,it means i can do d 15oo 4 4gb plan right
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by deeyor(f): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

So bad grammar is the only thing this girl has picked from all I've said?

Do you know what a typographical error is?

Ok.:
'I'm not an insomniac like you'

satisfied? ?
Now I understand why people have been insulting this boy. You lack manner of approach.
Okay,Mr. Back End,y do all Airtel complaints take 24 hours,and are rarely done in less than 72 hours. That will probably be because the back end staff spend all their time on nairaland rather than doing their jobs.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by loverboi(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2013
This dude is talking as if he's not from Nigeria, look majority of airtel suscribers use it for surfing the internet and most peole now uses android devices, infact a recent survey states that android OS is 60% of the smartphone market!
My brother, I'v never called or sent sms with my airtel line for the past 3yrs, and if u see 90% of the people here are same!
Am not sure u did ur survey well coz if u do, u'll knw that u'l loose 80% of ur customers, take it!
Am not saying u'll loose but there will b a drastic effect on ur profit, that may affect ur job
Na ur type dey protest if dem sack u, and u dey here dey make mouth!
U'll loose customers #shikenah

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2013
Von Bismark:
and for u to think i use a tecno phone is yet another proof that u obviosly knw nothing abt ur customers and whether raw or nt ur facts are wrong... Just talk to ur bosses cos airtel is definitely gonna loose in this

the tecno talk is just a jab at you. No sooth sayer would tell you dat.

There was airtel network even before bb came to Android.

I hold raw fact
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2013
Even airtel.....na bad mkt una wan gv unaself o!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:13am On Dec 04, 2013
deeyor:
Now I understand why people have been insulting this boy. You lack manner of approach.
Okay,Mr. Back End,y do all Airtel complaints take 24 hours,and are rarely done in less than 72 hours. That will probably be because the back end staff spend all their time on nairaland rather than doing their jobs.

check up the meaning of 'paid leave'
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 04, 2013
[size=15pt]airtel never start to dey waka,ona wan start to dey fly,anyways its not ur fault na poverty cos am,if mtn say 10mb na #500,i would be happy to pay it[/size]
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2013
loverboi: This dude is talking as if he's not from Nigeria, look majority of airtel suscribers use it for surfing the internet and most peole now uses android devices, infact a recent survey states that android OS is 60% of the smartphone market!
My brother, I'v never called or sent sms with my airtel line for the past 3yrs, and if u see 90% of the people here are same!
Am not sure u did ur survey well coz if u do, u'll knw that u'l loose 80% of ur customers, take it!
Am not saying u'll loose but there will b a drastic effect on ur profit, that may affect ur job
Na ur type dey protest if dem sack u, and u dey here dey make mouth!
U'll loose customers #shikenah

Pls be practical. Do not guess/hypothesize when some one is telling you he holds raw data. (down to exact number count)
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by mckorode(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2013
Ok.waiting for the email captioned: use Airtel BIS on PC and android with -----vpn....gd thing I have a playbook to enjoy Mtn on..
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kdf3449(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

Pls bro am trying to activate the 4500 plan now,do i need to cancel unto renewal of the daily plan that i did?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 04, 2013
tryin d daily sub n its sayin acct insufficient! i jst loaded 100naira!wats wrng !!!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by chrisluwi: 8:23am On Dec 04, 2013
Actually i dont comment much on nl but just decided to share my own view on the matter looking at it objectively,
Airtel claims they have more bb subscribers than other devices but i think if you add the android users plus iPhone users plus Nokias it seems we re more than bb,
Secondly the main reason for pple using BlackBerry was because of bbm which android and iPhone now provides and other better apps and uses so pple re leaving blackberries and buying android and iPhone so airtel shd ve tot and dat and provided a data plan for pther devices before taking the so called bold step
Again we all know airtel browsing is slow in most locations so am wandering how they plan to compete with other service providers without improving on this
Again airtel 2gb goes for N1500,only few pple get d 4gb for N1500, mtn 3gb goes for 1k,even seems unlimited now cos some of my friends have used more than 3gb, etisalat 3gb for 1k,glo 3gb for 1k and these networks are faster how will airtel not loose customers, an average nigerian wud go to other networks because it seems more reasonable except airtel wud increase the gigs or reduce the price to N500
Have said my own view peace be unto everyone

3 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by deeyor(f): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

So, all of you are on paid leave that's almost all complaints take over 72hours to be resolved.
I'll advise you don't start threads saying you are a staff any longer as you are not representing the company that pays you by being rude and sarcastic to 90% of people commenting here.
When you start threads on NL,prepare for criticism and accept it in good faith remember its directed at your organisation not you.
I wonder how many 'fatals' you earned as an agent with this attitude.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:
There was airtel network even before bb came to Android.

I hold raw fact
if this is the raw fact u re talking abt then u definitely hv no fact, I m referring of more important things lyk the reason y pple buy airtel sims, and u are talking of bbm in android phones..I WANT A PIECE OF THAT SHITT YOU ARE SMOKING!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by desosa(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2013
Airtel is doomed.....una go sell am give klastovinaskikov...... Idiats!! Unstable pple
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2013
kdf3449:

Pls bro am trying to activate the 4500 plan now,do i need to cancel unto renewal of the daily plan that i did?

Sir, it most likely won't work especially if you're taking about the bb subscription on Android()

plus airtel doesn't have any single plan of n4500.

May I knw if you talk of accumulating the ñ1500 plan? (Which may not work)? You should have done that before 3rd.

You could test the waters with a cheaper plan and see if the value would be put in your da9 or 10.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Tmonex: 8:29am On Dec 04, 2013
Tmonex: kayswag i appreciate d info o jare.....did d daily plan and it went straight to A10(i don try 4 airtel,dan 4dem to block me na,i dey break record for 768mb daily).......ok so i no get money for 2gb now......can i go for d BBUD to 440 plan 80mb..Thanx again
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by adeinfinit(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

Sir, it most likely won't work especially if you're taking about the bb subscription on Android()

plus airtel doesn't have any single plan of n4500.

May I knw if you talk of accumulating the ñ1500 plan? (Which may not work)? You should have done that before 3rd.

You could test the waters with a cheaper plan and see if the value would be put in your da9 or 10.
can i use d daily unlimited plan(80mb) to test?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by stinville(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2013
@kayswag. I asked this before now though didn't get a response. What does airtel stand to loose if the allow BIS subscriptions to run on non-bb devices? It's not as if it runs for free on those devices and such devices even consume more, as such, pay more.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2013
deeyor:

So, all of you are on paid leave that's almost all complaints take over 72hours to be resolved.
I'll advise you don't start threads saying you are a staff any longer as you are not representing the company that pays you by being rude and sarcastic to 90% of people commenting here.
When you start threads on NL,prepare for criticism and accept it in good faith remember its directed at your organisation not you.
I wonder how many 'fatals' you earned as an agent with this attitude.

my QAs could attest. I wish I could say my name. seems you were/are an agent or know alot about the cc.

AS I SAID, I'M NOT REPRESENTING AIRTEL ON NL.

How many times would I say this? gooooosh
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by proftaiwo: 8:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders, by now we should know all GSM network in naija has the same syndrome.customer satisfaction is quite appalling and below ratings.
Simple advise is to do basic survey and analysis on the services that suit your needs.

Do you know etisalat charge More than 1mb for just N1
It took me a lot of time to figure it out, invariably this guy's don't care about your satisfaction.find what satisfies you and go for it.may the good Lord enrich your pulse to grab what brings satisfaction to you.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by ugideon2001: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2013
Airtel blocked their bb subscription to non bb devices this morning by 6:30 am.Airtel can never give u free mb when u load say N100 or N200 like other network,their network is very slow.I think i just have 2 go back 2 my etisalat since nothing connects me with airtel any longer.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2013
adeinfinit: can i use d daily unlimited plan(80mb) to test?

certainly Sir.

Since its cheap and you won't stand to lose much.

if the data goes to your da 9, it means you can't use it on Android. But on da10? It means you've got an early Christmas gift.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by nonstan(m): 8:35am On Dec 04, 2013
Deblow: I hate this guy's guts! He talked as if he owned Nigeria! Sheer arrogance and loads of disrespect to those whose monies pay your salary! Any fault of urs? Nay! We have an insensitive government in this country so, network providers like Airtel and others can choose to hold subscribers in servitude. If not, this charlatan in the garb of a lousy customer care agent wouldn't have come here to insult the sensibilities of multitudes of subscribers just because he can speak some grammar. He bluffed too much for my liking! U claimed u did ur survey or whatever before coming out with this obnoxious transfer and u concluded it wasn't going to have any negative effects on ur subscriber base! How naive and be clouded ur sense of reasoning are! You tried, albeit in an infantile fashion, to compare ur moribund Airtel to MTN that has remained so stable and has stood the test of time. Recall how many times Airtel had been sold over each time with a change of name and yet it's still struggling to survive? I don't and won't ever use Airtel sim for anything. For ur information, the worst MTN signal is better than the best Airtel signal and so it is all over the country. A yoruba adage will say "A nroju j'eko obun, obun tun nda eko e kere" meaning we are forcing ourselves to eat the pap made by a dirty woman, yet, she makes it expensive! If truly u are a CCA, then you are a bad one and a good example of how not to be a CCA. Pple like u will bring misfortune to the organisations u represent because u don't know how to appeal to the sensibilities of subscribers who indirectly put food on ur table. If Airtel is sold again, you are doomed!

guy ah swear u be law student
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Administrator: 8:35am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100: Hello folks!

I've Seen alot of ranting and irateness about bb plans not working on Android from 3RD DECEMBER. Thot I should create this thread (as a back end staff) to clear doubts and possibly answer questions (and hopefully not get insulted) on matter at hand

A typical Airtel prepaid line has 1 main account and 10 dedicated accounts. (access dedicated accounts by dialing *123*123#).

Now, these 10 accounts manage several transactions such as free sms, free on net calls, etc. I'd talk about dedicated accounts 9 and 10(which is why we won't be able to use bb plans as hotspot or on other devices).

Before now, bb subscriptions and regular data plans were managed by dedicated account 10. This is why we could use subscription on Android et al.

From 3rd December, all legacy bb subscriptions would be moved to dedicated account 9. This account is programmed to work ONLY if the system detects a bb phone being used by subscribers(don't ask how we'd know. We've got apps ppl!!!). dedicated account 10 would then only house regular data subscriptions. This is how simplified I can put it.

Those teling others to activate bb plan then override with 10mb, stop misleading ppl. These would just be seperated into different dedicated accounts 9 and 10 so when you exhaust 10mb, you so won't b able to continue on bb subscription (the way it was before. ..)

good news though: those that activated before 3rd can use their subscriptions therafter; till subscription expires. So no need to waste your respective mbs, gbs and tbs.

thinking this would reduce subscriber base? I laugh. Please check up 'LIABILITIES & ASSETS'

one question is: WILL THIS BAN ACTUALLY TAKE EFFECT FROM 3RD DECEMBER? Let's wait and see! !

EOD!!

Please note that all views expressed here are mine and not Airtel's. I'm just giving info as an insider! !

FOR BB BUNDLE USERS on bb phones (especially those that subscribed from 3rd onwards)THAT ARE HAVING ISSUES CONNECTING, Please do a hard reset immediately.

Thanks Bro,

The idea behind everything is that we consumers are angry because we pay 1000/1500 and we use 3000.

The effect is that at the end of the day we don't get quality services because of the overpopulation. They will surely loose customers but make more money in due course.

I think what we should call for is slash in data price and not to threaten them to continue with the Ten in One subscription.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by adeinfinit(m): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

certainly Sir.

Since its cheap and you won't stand to lose much.

if the data goes to your da 9, it means you can't use it on Android. But on da10? It means you've got an early Christmas gift.
thanks bro
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by chuks87(m): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2013
Not even non-black berry devices but we bb users can't use use our bb fone as a modem anymore... Seriously Airtel sucks big time!!!

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2013
stinville: @kayswag. I asked this before now though didn't get a response. What does airtel stand to loose if the allow BIS subscriptions to run on non-bb devices? It's not as if it runs for free on those devices and such devices even consume more, as such, pay more.

boss,
it's business. That's why other networks would not allow same FORMALLY.

bb on Android isn't good for the business and Airtel's regular data plans WONT sell.

That's all I am allowed to say. ..
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:39am On Dec 04, 2013
chuks87: Not even non-black berry devices but we bb users can't use use our bb fone as a modem anymore... Seriously Airtel sucks big time!!!

Yes sir. The ban also covers what you just mentioned.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2013
I'll be back in 4rs peeps. By the way, this thread suppose don close na. .. aaaaaaaahhhhh! !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / My Experience Using New Age Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.