Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother (41997 Views)

The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
haibe:

Is a buba a shirt?
Is a blose a shirt?
Is a singlet a shirt?
Is a coat a shirt?

from my english, you should know that yes they are. i have not written in other tongues na.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
It is general and basic knowledge. thankfully, the dictionary ALSO confirms that..

kindly show me where the dictionary which you denied using says all upper garments are shirts.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
see my encarta dictionary na.
It says blouse is woman's SHIRT.
It says singlet is sleeveless SHIRT.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
from my english, you should know that yes they are. i have not written in other tongues na.

Please can you show me where you got this idea from?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123: see my encarta dictionary na.
It says blouse is woman's SHIRT.
It says singlet is sleeveless SHIRT.

sin·glet /ˈsiNGglit/
Noun: 1. A sleeveless garment worn
under or instead of a shirt
2. A single unresolvable line in a
spectrum, not part of a
multiplet

blouse /blous/
Noun: A woman's loose upper garment
resembling a shirt
Verb: Make (a garment) hang in
loose folds

jack·et /ˈjakit/
Noun: An outer garment extending
either to the waist or the hips,
typically having sleeves and a
fastening down the front
Verb: Cover with a jacket

So please how does this definitions imply that all these are shirts?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
haibe:

kindly show me where the dictionary which you denied using says all upper garments are shirts.
Kindly learn to read and comprehend carefully. i never denied using a dictionary. You said "don't use the dictionary as an atom of confusion", and i was not referring you to any dictionary as yet. And i said i did not mention dictionary na. i guess you went to check a dictionary, right? And surely, you did go to check. However even before i checked a dictionary, i already knew this as basic common knowledge. It is in fashion that we qualify them.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
haibe:

sin·glet /ˈsiNGglit/
Noun: 1. A sleeveless garment worn
under or instead of a shirt
2. A single unresolvable line in a
spectrum, not part of a
multiplet

blouse /blous/
Noun: A woman's loose upper garment
resembling a shirt
Verb: Make (a garment) hang in
loose folds

jack·et /ˈjakit/
Noun: An outer garment extending
either to the waist or the hips,
typically having sleeves and a
fastening down the front
Verb: Cover with a jacket

So please how does this definitions imply that all these are shirts?
Kindly give the definition of the shirt too, thanks. BTW, you are leaving my point to focus on dictionary definitions now. No wahala.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Candour(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
So, the qualification of a shirt is that it has buttons? All upper garments are basically or generally shirts. Like i said, it is fashion that now gives specific differential names. The point is that there are clothing that are unisex and there are some that are not. The shirt is unisex, the belt is unisex, the shoe is unisex. The bra is not, at least not yet. Plaiting of the hair is still not unisex generally. The trouser did not use to be, some few decades ago. i really wonder how difficult that is to comprehend.

Didin't skip the question. i already said that all upper garments are shirts, basically.

When i mentioned buttons, just wanted to paint the picture so even a toddler can get the difference between a shirt and a robe. I still wonder how you can imagine it in your mind, then write it down that all upper garments are shirts. So a suit is a shirt, a coat is a shirt, a jacket is a shirt, a blouse is a shirt, even a buba is a shirt?

Why do you like standing truth on its head like this? So fashion just recently classified them abi? how can you boldly twist things like this?

Have you been to a bank before? have you seen female bankers wearing shirts? Will those shirts they wear fit on you? So if you agree with shirts being demarcated between the sexes, why not trousers? or you think you can wear the same trousers those female bankers wear?

Hmmm...Image123.....you actually called a buba worn by women from ibadan and other places a shirt?

I must report you to your friends Joagbaje and Gombs today

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
Kindly learn to read and comprehend carefully. i never denied using a dictionary. You said "don't use the dictionary as an atom of confusion", and i was not referring you to any dictionary as yet. And i said i did not mention dictionary na. i guess you went to check a dictionary, right? And surely, you did go to check. However even before i checked a dictionary, i already knew this as basic common knowledge. It is in fashion that we qualify them.

If truely it's a common knowlede that all upper garments are shirts, can you go out saying a lady's buba is a shirt?

Also I don't know what is common about this knowledge because people will hardly agree with you that all upper garments are shirts.

your assumption shouldn't lead to making generalisations on behalf of others
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Candour(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
See definition of a BLOUSE

1a : a long loose overgarment that resembles a shirt or smock and is worn especially by workmen, artists, and peasants b : the jacket of a uniform
2: a usually loose-fitting garment especially for women that covers the body from the neck to the waist

Hi Image, it says blouse resembles a shirt. I hope you wont say resemble means the same as?

who has yoruba dictionary to help us define buba

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:
who has yoruba dictionary to help us define buba

gringringringrin
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
Kindly give the definition of the shirt too, thanks. BTW, you are leaving my point to focus on dictionary definitions now. No wahala.

Which point that buba is a shirt?

shirts
Noun: 1. A garment for the upper body
made of cloth, with a collar,
sleeves, and buttons down the
front
2. A similar garment of
stretchable material with few
or no buttons, typically worn as
casual wear or for sports
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
haibe:

Which point that buba is a shirt?

shirts
Noun: 1. A garment for the upper body
made of cloth, with a collar,
sleeves, and buttons down the
front
2. A similar garment of
stretchable material with few
or no buttons, typically worn as
casual wear or for sports

great and simple.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

great and simple.

So does a buba fit into the above definition of shirt??
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:

When i mentioned buttons, just wanted to paint the picture so even a toddler can get the difference between a shirt and a robe. I still wonder how you can imagine it in your mind, then write it down that all upper garments are shirts. So a suit is a shirt, a coat is a shirt, a jacket is a shirt, a blouse is a shirt, even a buba is a shirt?

Why do you like standing truth on its head like this? So fashion just recently classified them abi? how can you boldly twist things like this?

Have you been to a bank before? have you seen female bankers wearing shirts? Will those shirts they wear fit on you? So if you agree with shirts being demarcated between the sexes, why not trousers? or you think you can wear the same trousers those female bankers wear?

Hmmm...Image123.....you actually called a buba worn by women from ibadan and other places a shirt?

I must report you to your friends Joagbaje and Gombs today

From the definition of shirts provided by haibe, buba certainly fits that general category. i know you are not interested in understanding the point of view i'm giving, but simply up to that you might accuse him of. i'm used to that, no wahala. The point still remains that shirts have always being unisex, i mentioned somewhere that that has being since like forever. Unlike trousers, which a few decades ago were strictly men's wear. Therefore, according to Deut 22v5, the woman should not wear what belongs to the man.
By your views now, we can safely say that Deut 22v5 is meaningless but subject to what man says. Man can say tomorrow that there is male bra or male plaiting of hair, that is different and not fashionable for the female. That is the point. i'm not even yet into talking about if it is sin or not. My point from the start of the thread is that if we are talking about Deut 22v5 oh, trousers are men's.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
haibe:

If truely it's a common knowlede that all upper garments are shirts, can you go out saying a lady's buba is a shirt?

Also I don't know what is common about this knowledge because people will hardly agree with you that all upper garments are shirts.

your assumption shouldn't lead to making generalisations on behalf of others
that's because you only think of a shirt in terms of what we popular call shirts. At least, my encarta dictionary agrees with me. They are all basically shirts. Whether it is button down or two button or no button, or roundneck, or long sleeve, or short or designer.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
that's because you only think of a shirt in terms of what we popular call shirts. At least, my encarta dictionary agrees with me. They are all basically shirts. Whether it is button down or two button or no button, or roundneck, or long sleeve, or short or designer.

Where does your encarta dictionary agree that a wear like a lady's buba is a shirt.

please post those words the dictionary used with your source.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
From the definition of shirts provided by haibe, buba certainly fits that general category.

Never, it doesn't fit into any of them.

1. A buba doesn't have a collar and button, This refers to shirts like TM lewin and co.

2. it is not sowed in a stretchable material or typically used for sport. This refers to t-shirts or what you call polo which is also worn casually .
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Candour(m): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
From the definition of shirts provided by haibe, buba certainly fits that general category. i know you are not interested in understanding the point of view i'm giving, but simply up to that you might accuse him of. i'm used to that, no wahala.

Image, i'm not trying to trap you. Its just the way you and i talk when we discuss. I could accuse you of same you know?

Did you see the definition of Blouse? Don't you think buba fits more with blouse? My bro, i wish you'll drop this line of thought because it's simply ridiculous. How can you say all upper body garments are shirts? You wear a coat and you'll feel comfortable calling it a shirt? C'mon Image

The point still remains that shirts have always being unisex, i mentioned somewhere that that has being since like forever. Unlike trousers, which a few decades ago were strictly men's wear. Therefore, according to Deut 22v5, the woman should not wear what belongs to the man.

If i'm forced to make a choice on who started wearing shirts, i'll not hesitate to say a man. whom will you choose if told to make a choice? will you say they started at the same time? Shirts didn't become unisex immediately they appeared. You know this, which is why you're trying to stretch the definition to even include buba

By your views now, we can safely say that Deut 22v5 is meaningless but subject to what man says. Man can say tomorrow that there is male bra or male plaiting of hair, that is different and not fashionable for the female. That is the point. i'm not even yet into talking about if it is sin or not. My point from the start of the thread is that if we are talking about Deut 22v5 oh, trousers are men's.

I understand where you are going but i'm sure when shirts made their appearance, women were forbidden from touching it. But the situation is different now. It's not about my views. There are a lot of things in the Torah that will entrap you and i today if we have to be judged by Moses. I might not fully understand that verse, but it's better to keep quiet about it than stretch the truth about shirts just to enforce it like you're doing now. There's nothing about trouser in that verse. If trousers is an abomination for ladies because men started wearing it, then so are shirts.

what would you say about the following verses

Deuteronomy 22:11 KJV
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Deuteronomy 22:9 KJV
Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.

Do you obey them?

3 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Ukutsgp(m): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Wearing of trouser by ladies is nt a sin thanks

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 1:11am On Dec 05, 2013
haibe:

Where does your encarta dictionary agree that a wear like a lady's buba is a shirt.

please post those words the dictionary used with your source.

There is a microsoft encarta dictionary software on the computer i am using to type. They are not my words.

shirt [shurt]
(plural shirts)
noun
1. clothing for upper body: an item of clothing for the upper part of the body, usually made of a fairly light material and fitted with a collar, sleeves, and buttons down the front

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

In this definition, all upper clothing qualifies.

blouse [blowss, blowz]
noun (plural blous·es)
1. woman's shirt: a woman's shirt

Same dictionary for blouse. The blouse is a shirt, a woman's shirt. i hope you at least agree that the buba is a blouse?
Again, all these talk about buba or shirt is not really what we were talking about. You're bringing up shirts to try to prove that they are men's wear. But no, they are not. There are men shirts and there are women shirts. It has always been so basically and generally.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 1:14am On Dec 05, 2013
haibe:

Never, it doesn't fit into any of them.

1. A buba doesn't have a collar and button, This refers to shirts like TM lewin and co.

2. it is not sowed in a stretchable material or typically used for sport. This refers to t-shirts or what you call polo which is also worn casually .

Your definition showed that a shirt is A garment for the upper body made of cloth. It may have few or no buttons. Anyways, i gave you a dictionary that shows the general definition of a shirt. It's just the post above.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Image123(m): 2:09am On Dec 05, 2013
Candour:

Image, i'm not trying to trap you. Its just the way you and i talk when we discuss. I could accuse you of same you know?

Did you see the definition of Blouse? Don't you think buba fits more with blouse? My bro, i wish you'll drop this line of thought because it's simply ridiculous. How can you say all upper body garments are shirts? You wear a coat and you'll feel comfortable calling it a shirt? C'mon Image
The point i made was that all upper garments are generally and basically shirts. i have given a dictionary that says so, proving that i'm not just imagining things. Wiki is also some general knowledge. Here is what THIS LINK says about blouse being shirt.
[4] Traditionally, the term has been used to refer to a shirt which blouses out.
[1] Today, the word most commonly refers to a woman's shirt

i'm not the only one that defines a blouse technically/basically/generally as a shirt.

If i'm forced to make a choice on who started wearing shirts, i'll not hesitate to say a man. whom will you choose if told to make a choice? will you say they started at the same time? Shirts didn't become unisex immediately they appeared. You know this, which is why you're trying to stretch the definition to even include buba
They started at the same time. It is modern fashion that makes this basic meaning to be lost on many. Call it garment, robe, clothes, apparel or whatever archaic name. The basic definition of a shirt still matches all upper body clothing. BTW, here is another wiki link It also says that there are different TYPES of shirts. Among the types of shirts it listed are dress shirts, t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sleeveless shirt, polo shirt, sweatshirt, A-shirt(which is also known as vest or singlet), camisole, tunic, halter top etc. The point is that they are almost inseparable etymologically, you cannot compare that to trousers that even you would agree that it was generally known as male's wear few decades ago globally, and is still being thought as a male's wear in some circles.

I understand where you are going but i'm sure when shirts made their appearance, women were forbidden from touching it. But the situation is different now. It's not about my views. There are a lot of things in the Torah that will entrap you and i today if we have to be judged by Moses. I might not fully understand that verse, but it's better to keep quiet about it than stretch the truth about shirts just to enforce it like you're doing now. There's nothing about trouser in that verse. If trousers is an abomination for ladies because men started wearing it, then so are shirts.
Actually it is you that seems to be stretching the truth. from common knowledge, we know that trousers have for long been known as belonging to men, and the aim of the verse seems to be to avoid eroding dissimilarities in dressing. Here is yet another wiki link again. i do not depend on or love giving unnecessary links. i'm just showing you that this things are general knowledge, not things coming out of my imaginations. Some statements from the link below.
trousers have been largely worn by men and not by women until the early 20th century.
In Britain during the Second World War, because of the rationing of clothing, many women took to wearing their husbands' civilian clothes to work
In 1969 Rep. Charlotte Reid (R-Ill.) became the first woman to wear trousers in the U.S. Congress.

Also, here
Western women are often seen wearing trousers, ties, and men's hats. Nevertheless, many cultures around the world still prohibit women from wearing trousers or other traditionally male clothing.

what would you say about the following verses

Deuteronomy 22:11 KJV
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Deuteronomy 22:9 KJV
Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.

Do you obey them?

i do not think it right to build a bible verse interpretation on what an individual does. The verse in question is Deut 22v5. Propping up other verses to cancel it or make it seem ridiculous is not the way out. To be short though, i will quote a new testament commentary on a similar verse.
Deu 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.
1Co 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

The new testament does not pick up this OT verses to point out its ridiculousness. It does not even say that they are irrelevant or useless. In fact, it says in this case that they are written for our sakes. If 25v4 is written for our sakes, is there not a probability that 22 might have been written for our sakes too. Why do we not instead ask God for its personal application and interpretation in our life and grace to do His will? Have you considered that passages like 2corinth 6v14 are applications from this same 22v9-11 that you are asking about? i do not think any scripture irrelevant or a tool to cancel out other scriptures that i do not like or understand. i instead ask God for grace and understaanding. And when He gives it, i do not go about condemning or lambasting others that do not have light or understanding or my view point. that's what i can say as regards those verses.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Candour(m): 4:38am On Dec 05, 2013
Image123:
The point i made was that all upper garments are generally and basically shirts. i have given a dictionary that says so, proving that i'm not just imagining things. Wiki is also some general knowledge. Here is what THIS LINK says about blouse being shirt.
[4] Traditionally, the term has been used to refer to a shirt which blouses out.
[1] Today, the word most commonly refers to a woman's shirt

i'm not the only one that defines a blouse technically/basically/generally as a shirt.

Shirts are upper garments doesn't mean all upper garments are shirts. Just like Toyota corrollas are cars doesn't mean all cars are Toyota corrollas.

Blouse is an upper garment that resembles a shirt. The dictionary doesn't call blouses shirts. If you still don't see the ridiculousness of your argument, too bad.

They started at the same time. It is modern fashion that makes this basic meaning to be lost on many. Call it garment, robe, clothes, apparel or whatever archaic name. The basic definition of a shirt still matches all upper body clothing. BTW, here is another wiki link It also says that there are different TYPES of shirts. Among the types of shirts it listed are dress shirts, t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sleeveless shirt, polo shirt, sweatshirt, A-shirt(which is also known as vest or singlet), camisole, tunic, halter top etc. The point is that they are almost inseparable etymologically, you cannot compare that to trousers that even you would agree that it was generally known as male's wear few decades ago globally, and is still being thought as a male's wear in some circles.

All you wrote there is grossly inadequate to substantiate your claims of all upper garments are shirts.

Did they include blouse as a type of shirt? What about Coat? What of the jacket of a a suit?

I repeat, not all upper garments are shirts.

Actually it is you that seems to be stretching the truth. from common knowledge, we know that trousers have for long been known as belonging to men, and the aim of the verse seems to be to avoid eroding dissimilarities in dressing. Here is yet another wiki link again. i do not depend on or love giving unnecessary links. i'm just showing you that this things are general knowledge, not things coming out of my imaginations. Some statements from the link below.
trousers have been largely worn by men and not by women until the early 20th century.
In Britain during the Second World War, because of the rationing of clothing, many women took to wearing their husbands' civilian clothes to work
In 1969 Rep. Charlotte Reid (R-Ill.) became the first woman to wear trousers in the U.S. Congress.

Also, here
Western women are often seen wearing trousers, ties, and men's hats. Nevertheless, many cultures around the world still prohibit women from wearing trousers or other traditionally male clothing.

What about the Arab woman? Or the Indian woman? Also what about the Scottish man with his kilt that is obviously a skirt? Is he in violation of Deut 22:5 too?

Every body knows trousers wearing would have started with men and i admitted that much, but shirts wearing too started with men. You pointed out when women started wearing trousers in the western world. If you want to be thorough, tell us when camisole and other female shirt versions entered the fashion scene and language.

i do not think it right to build a bible verse interpretation on what an individual does. The verse in question is Deut 22v5. Propping up other verses to cancel it or make it seem ridiculous is not the way out. To be short though, i will quote a new testament commentary on a similar verse.
Deu 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.
1Co 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

The new testament does not pick up this OT verses to point out its ridiculousness. It does not even say that they are irrelevant or useless. In fact, it says in this case that they are written for our sakes. If 25v4 is written for our sakes, is there not a probability that 22 might have been written for our sakes too. Why do we not instead ask God for its personal application and interpretation in our life and grace to do His will? Have you considered that passages like 2corinth 6v14 are applications from this same 22v9-11 that you are asking about? i do not think any scripture irrelevant or a tool to cancel out other scriptures that i do not like or understand. i instead ask God for grace and understaanding. And when He gives it, i do not go about condemning or lambasting others that do not have light or understanding or my view point. that's what i can say as regards those verses.

I brought up those verses to show you the hypocrisy of picking which Mosaic law was convenient for you while dropping another. We've argued endlessly that the old testament is for learning, not for doctrine to a Christian saved by grace. Paul used the example to make a case that ministers should be supported by the gospel, not to replicate the exact same practice.

So verse 5 was written for our sakes, then for whose sake were verses 9 & 11 written? Confusion will always arise when you mix grace with the law because it only makes hypocrites of Christians. When you mix the Torah with your Christianity, it becomes ridiculous.

If you truly asked the holy Spirit for guidance, he would have shown to you that not all ladies wearing trousers do so to entice men or reverse nature. Well maybe you can't hear him on this because you're not a Lady.

Have you been to a rig site or oil treatment plant in the creeks of Niger Delta before? If you have, you'll know a female engineer wearing a jeans under a coverall isn't making a fashion statement. She's only applying common sense, the same way Paul asked Timothy to apply sense and take wine for his infirmities. Hope you know the coverall is fashioned like a trouser?

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 6:11am On Dec 05, 2013
Image123:

There is a microsoft encarta dictionary software on the computer i am using to type. They are not my words.

shirt [shurt]
(plural shirts)
noun
1. clothing for upper body: an item of clothing for the upper part of the body, usually made of a fairly light material and fitted with a collar, sleeves, and buttons down the front

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

In this definition, all upper clothing qualifies.

[color=#000099]

You said in the other thread that I shouldn't depend on logic but you know what, sometimes without logic we make no sense.

So because your dictionary called shirt a clothing for upper body means all upper body garments are shirts?

like Candour said, if a toyota corolla is a car,,does that mean all cars are toyota corolla?

Using your poor logic, I can as well say since trousers are lower body garments, then all lower body garments are trousers, including skirts.

Can you see how absurd this your reasoning is? All in the name of not wanting to admit that just like trousers, shirts were also initially made for men.

Image its better you free yourself from this slavery and hypocritical notion. Just like shirts, trousers are right for christian women given that they are decent.

I also want you to note that the definition you gave says: clothing for upper body and not clothings for upper body, perhaps this is where your confusion is coming from
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by danarchy4(m): 11:07am On Dec 05, 2013
All these stories and aguement will end the day each of us will stand in the presence of God for his judgement verdict...that day no logic, mathematics, dictionary nor human initiative on God's commandment will help.... at the mention of the words "DEPART FROM ME, WORKERS OF INIQUITY" the soul that hears this will regret why God even created him on that day... better pray for the holy spirit's direction than fool your self with your logic and permutations. Jesus died 2014 years ago... in the year 1 AD, 200AD, 500AD, 1000AD, 1100AD, 1300AD, 1400AD, 1800AD 1900AD even up to 1950AD women did not wear trousers...you think SATAN is foolish...he is now in his rush hour applying all methods and deception to fool people. This is the same way Eve reasoned and we all lost our initial position with God.

Keep on applying Logic instead of praying for Holy spirit's directive... One day .. that day. that inevitable day is coming...No human logic will help you...unfortunately there will never be be a second chance..

• -Eccl 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

• vs 14 For a day is coming where … GOD SHALL BRING EVERY WORK INTO JUDGMENT, WITH EVERY SECRET THING, WHETHER IT BE GOOD, OR WHETHER IT BE EVIL. its very obvious that Trouse in not femine but a make shift yet you keep on fooling your self ok o LOGICIANS CARRY GO .
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by GentleFrank(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Fashion is fashion !
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by seemylife: 11:22am On Dec 05, 2013
Education and not argument is the key. OP thanks for educating the "my-pastor-says" brother jare
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by femooshad(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2013
i'm sorry o, but please what does the use of this SHALOM signify

cuz i don't understand
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by jeddyMay(f): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Appreciate your maturity in handling this matter.

@all, this is just her point/understanding of the subject matter, I believe you are all left to your thoughts/belief. Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by hardbody: 11:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Nomski0: I love this! Very mature arguement....and kinda funny. grin grin

It was not really an argument, its pure logical reasoning and the effico brother should be on the first flight to hellfire because he is thinking and seeing 'carnally'. Do i blame him though?, Is that not how most brothers think?

This OP has some grey matter though, i give it up to him.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by ronia(f): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Nomski0: I love this! Very mature arguement....and kinda funny. grin grin
So mature my dear!!!! Kudos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Christians Help Their Muslim Friends In Cutting Bushes At Eid Prayer Ground / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos) / I’m Gay – Bishop Nicholas Chamberlain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.