Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31195 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ All

I welcome you to this thread. For those of you who do not have the patience to read through all the discuss, I invite you to page 7, where the rules and regulation for the tithe discuss has been presented for further deliberation https://www.nairaland.com/1540233/inviting-tithers-theological-discuss-miwerds/7#20040342. OR you may read all the 7 pages.

If you are a tither and wish to enter into this discuss, read the rules and regulation and then make your intention known on the thread; and give us your strong reasons to want to join. If they are tenable enough, we would pair you with someone, whom you agree to work with, to discuss with Mark/Candour.

For close to three days now since the offer for a discuss on tithing has been given, we are yet to find one person who is willing to discuss with Mark Miwerds and Candour on this subject of tithing.

So we are opening up the request and asking any tither to come and discuss with Mark/Candour on this subject of tithing with the intention of shedding light on the matter and not to win an argument.

The person who expresses willingness to enter into the discuss shall discuss with Mark/Candour on what the rules of the thread will be.

You will both agree on who your moderator will be.

You will agree on the mode of presentation of the presentation.

And we trust that God will be glorified at the end.

We hereby invite any willing tither to a discussion with Mark/Candour on tithing.

The thread is presently at https://www.nairaland.com/1540233/inviting-mark-miwerds-olaadegbu-theological/1#19976811
This was the original OP:

I came across a scripture in the New Testament that I believe indicts me and probably everyone of us that comes to this forum to debate theological issues:

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will
- 2 Timothy 2

The moment theological discusses transcend teaching in patience and meekness, it becomes a tool satan can use to divide the body of Christ. We should all avoid this.

I need not go into an exposition of what these verses mean; they are quite self explanatory.

My position on tithing is clear as noon day on this forum; but the back and forth, bickering and fighting between pro and anti tithers is not helping genuine seekers of the truth of the subject of tithing today. So for this reason, I propose a theological discuss between two prominent individuals in the two halves that these debates have shurred up: Mark Miwerds and OLAADEGBU.

Please note that this shall be a discuss and not a debate per se.

It is all my initiative to give flesh to the tithing palaver, if I may use that word.

I would suggest the following and propose it to the two candidates on the Tithes and Offering thread currently running 107 pages and still counting but which unfortunately has degenerated into some what of a fist fight. lol!!:

1. Let the two candidates express their desire to take up the challenge for a discuss and we will carry on. If it happens one of the candidate refuses the challenges, I propose that another person could take his place or other could nominate one person. I think the idea should be that the discuss should be btw two people only (like the Deep Sigh vs. Mr Anony discuss on Trinity). Others may add their views but the two primary discussant will not respond to them directly; except on some other matters not pertaining to the point of discussion at the moment.

2. When the two discussants have been chosen, the two will agree on the rules and regulation that will govern the discuss. E.g no insults, no jibes, methods of response; lenght of response; etc. They would also agree on who their moderator will be. For now, I appoint myself interim moderator but will step down when they both make their choices.

3. I will suggest that the discussant agree on some 10 points each that both will present as their formidable reason for supporting or not supporting tithing, each. These points will be discussed back and forth; just like the Deep/Anony thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1341464/anony-deep-sight-verse-verse

4. They two will agree on other matters with the interim moderator and others chipping suggestions, queries and contributions to make the discuss successful.

5. My prayer is that by the time the two theologians have succeded in teaching these doctrines, we will all have something to learn and hopefully tithes debates will no longer be dirty on nairaland.

I invite other contributions.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
DrummaBoy: I came across a scripture in the New Testament that I believe indicts me and probably everyone of us that comes to this forum to debate theological issues:

The moment theological discusses transcend teaching in patience and meekness, it becomes a tool satan can use to divide the body of Christ. We should all avoid this.

I need not go into an exposition of what these verses mean; they are quite self explanatory.

My position on tithing is clear as noon day on this forum; but the back and forth, bickering and fighting between pro and anti tithers is not helping genuine seekers of the truth of the subject of tithing today. So for this reason, I propose a theological discuss between two prominent individuals in the two halves that these debates have shurred up: Mark Miwerds and OLAADEGBU.

Please note that this shall be a discuss and not a debate per se.

It is all my initiative to give flesh to the tithing palaver, if I may use that word.

I would suggest the following and propose it to the two candidates on the Tithes and Offering thread currently running 107 pages and still counting but which unfortunately has degenerated into some what of a fist fight. lol!!:

1. Let the two candidates express their desire to take up the challenge for a discuss and we will carry on. If it happens one of the candidate refuses the challenges, I propose that another person could take his place or other could nominate one person. I think the idea should be that the discuss should be btw two people only (like the Deep Sigh vs. Mr Anony discuss on Trinity). Others may add their views but the two primary discussant will not respond to them directly; except on some other matters not pertaining to the point of discussion at the moment.

2. When the two discussants have been chosen, the two will agree on the rules and regulation that will govern the discuss. E.g no insults, no jibes, methods of response; lenght of response; etc. They would also agree on who their moderator will be. For now, I appoint myself interim moderator but will step down when they both make their choices.

3. I will suggest that the discussant agree on some 10 points each that both will present as their formidable reason for supporting or not supporting tithing, each. These points will be discussed back and forth; just like the Deep/Anony thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1341464/anony-deep-sight-verse-verse

4. They two will agree on other matters with the interim moderator and others chipping suggestions, queries and contributions to make the discuss successful.

5. My prayer is that by the time the two theologians have succeded in teaching these doctrines, we will all have something to learn and hopefully tithes debates will no longer be dirty on nairaland.

I invite other contributions.

interested.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds: interested.

Thank you sir.

Awaiting OLAADEGBU.

I want to assure OLA that this is not a set up.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
I will check in later this evening. I have been up for the last twenty-one hours, and it is wearing on me.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 6:19am On Dec 03, 2013
Olaadegbu where hath thou? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tgirl4real(f): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2013
This tithing issue will never end till Jesus comes. Lol

@ Drummerboy,

I didn't get the link.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2013
After nine hours of much needed sleep, I am refreshed.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:31am On Dec 03, 2013
I nominate DrummaBoy as Moderator of the Discussion, for reasons that should be obvious.

It is clear that he has a clear understanding of how to moderate such discussions.
His reasoning for initiating the discussion is not for a theological war, but for theological understanding.

In all our getting, we should endeavor to get understanding.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Pastor Kun: Olaadegbu where hath thou? smiley

He is @ the kiddies section, searching for cartoons grin

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 7:54am On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=DrummaBoy]I came across a scripture in the New Testament that I believe indicts me and probably everyone of us that comes to this forum to debate theological issues:

2 Timothy 2
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will
-

I've been quoting this scripture for years on this forum . Stressing how a bible discussion ought to be for Christians . I only get persecuted for it .

I just hope you're sincere in this matter. I wonder what new thing Ola will say that he hadn't said already.

God don dey answer prayer for Nairaland o.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 03, 2013
It seems this is gonna be interesting. *takes front seat *
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje: I came across a scripture in the New Testament that I believe indicts me and probably everyone of us that comes to this forum to debate theological issues:

2 Timothy 2
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will -

I've been quoting this scripture for years on this forum . Stressing how a bible discussion ought to be for Christians . I only get persecuted for it .

I agree, but there comes a time when we should act like Jesus and :

"Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves."It is written," he said to them, "'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'" - Matthew 21;12-13

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
So everybody knows what I look like, I present this Bobblehead. Made to look exactly like me in the face, my wife says.

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Seems Olaadegbu would not be taking up this challenge, truth is that most tithe merchants know that the monetary tithe argument is extremely very weak and cannot be justified with scriptures without twisting same. Now in a moderated debated Olaadegbu would not be able to get away with scriptural gymnastics neither would he be able to obfuscate issues as he normally does hence his reluctance to accept to debate the issue under moderation.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by quivah(f): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
#takes a seat. .

Along the line,I will love to drop my opinion on the topic..
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
quivah: #takes a seat. .

listening
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by quivah(f): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mark Miwerds: listening
Along the line smiley
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tgirl4real: This tithing issue will never end till Jesus comes. Lol

@ Drummerboy,

I didn't get the link.

Hello T-Mama

The thread opens now. I means this one: https://www.nairaland.com/1341464/anony-deep-sight-verse-verse
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pastor Kun: Seems Olaadegbu would not be taking up this challenge, truth is that most tithe merchants know that the monetary tithe argument is extremely very weak and cannot be justified with scriptures without twisting same. Now in a moderated debated Olaadegbu would not be able to get away with scriptural gymnastics neither would he be able to obfuscate issues as he normally does hence his reluctance to accept to debate the issue under moderation.

I agree Bros Kun.

But I want us not to discourage him. I was doubtful he will take up the opportunity. If by evening he doesn't, we will extend the invitation to someone else; maybe Bidam or Alwaystrue or Gombs or Image123 or Joagbaje.

If they all refuse. We can turn the thread to a Q and A session on tithing directed at Mark Miwerds.

But it will be on record that tithers refused an opportunity for a discuss like this.

That is what I am suggesting. Our options are still open and we are still waiting for Olaadegbu.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje: I've been quoting this scripture for years on this forum . Stressing how a bible discussion ought to be for Christians . I only get persecuted for it .

I just hope you're sincere in this matter. I wonder what new thing Ola will say that he hadn't said already.

I can assure that this one will be different.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tgirl4real(f): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
quivah: #takes a seat. .

You just disappeared from the debate. What happend?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I think he was saying that during the debate he may say a few things that he holds to be truth. He was not necessarily saying he would share at this point in time.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by quivah(f): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hi
Yeah!.. got the next thread late and I possibly couldn't have written out my debate with the limited time..
It was not even up to a day..
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by quivah(f): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mark Miwerds: I think he was saying that during the debate he may say a few things that he holds to be truth. He was not necessarily saying he would share at this point in time.
smiley she brother,she..
And Tgirl isn't referring to this particular debate..

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tgirl4real(f): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Hello T-Mama

The thread opens now. I means this one: https://www.nairaland.com/1341464/anony-deep-sight-verse-verse

Hello Sir,

I am actually referring to what we discussed on fone.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
quivah:
smiley she brother,she..
And Tgirl isn't referring to this particular debate..
thanks for clearing that up. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by quivah(f): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mark Miwerds: thanks for clearing that up. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Nah,you dintsmiley
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hello Sir,

I am actually referring to what we discussed on fone.

Sorry Sis'

I cannot remember the link matter again. Pls remind me via text ASAP.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mark Miwerds:
I nominate DrummaBoy as Moderator of the Discussion, for reasons that should be obvious.

It is clear that he has a clear understanding of how to moderate such discussions.
His reasoning for initiating the discussion is not for a theological war, but for theological understanding.

In all our getting, we should endeavor to get understanding.

grin

Tis just like APC choosing Punch Newspaper editors as moderators on a presidential candidate's debate. grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje: God don dey answer prayer for Nairaland o.

I dey tell you grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs:

grin

Tis just like APC choosing Punch Newspaper editors as moderators on a presidential candidate's debate. grin

It is still a temporal measure pending when the two discussants decide on who their moderator(s) will be. Somebody has to do the job.

Now that it seem OLAADEGBU may not be interested in this discuss, will you take his place?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 6:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs:

grin

Or PDP choosing NTA to moderate the presidential debate grin grin

But on a serious note, anybody can actually moderate. It changes nothing at all in my opinion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.