Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,020 members, 7,863,684 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:35 PM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31333 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 10:55am On Dec 07, 2013
The mind:

Oh oh sorry your mistake I never knew you were the same person as Ichie_Mexe I quoted. Your bubble busted. At the gathering of the hawks the snail came preaching on the technicalities of flying and maneuvering. Ones you don't know the truth the truth can's set you free.

What is the truth about God's Word. Beginner class start reading John 4: read from Vs 1 and dwell more on 23-24. Then you will tell God, reveal yourself to me in prayer. smiley wink

*falls off Bicycle laughing

grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by oluwaseunla(m): 10:59am On Dec 07, 2013
I may not know so much about the scriptures, but my understanding is that the overall goal of tithe is to make God's work a little easier for His servants. I believe even without the commandment, one tenth of your income is not too much to give, to achieve this goal. If you feel your pastor is fraudulent, simply look for another means to achieve this goal. If you don't agree with this, pls do what you are convinced God wants, just be sure it is God talking to you. STOP ALL THIS BICKERING ALREADY. IT'S BECOMING...

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by oluwaseunla(m): 10:59am On Dec 07, 2013
Where is the unity we are meant to have as members of Christ's body. Pls this is not the way things are meant to be. May God help us to be more humble and tolerant.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 07, 2013
@Gombs and @The mind You guys don't want to discuss with someone who has read the bible. So who do you want to engage in a "Theological Discuss On Tithing"?

Christians who haven't read their bible thoroughly? So that you can deceive them some more and rob them blind of their hard earned money.

The desperation is funny really. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 07, 2013
oluwaseunla: I may not know so much about the scriptures, but my understanding is that the overall goal of tithe is to make God's work a little easier for His servants. I believe even without the commandment, one tenth of your income is not too much to give, to achieve this goal. If you feel your pastor is fraudulent, simply look for another means to achieve this goal. If you don't agree with this, pls do what you are convinced God wants, just be sure it is God talking to you. STOP ALL THIS BICKERING ALREADY. IT'S BECOMING...

Honestly, i quite agree with you. People should give to God voluntarily as their heart pleases to help the ministry. But on the contrary, that is not how it is given in Churches these days.

These Pastors read the bible out of context and misinterpret Mal 3:8-9 to their members, threatening them that they are under a curse if they fail to give a tenth of their income. I don't think any Christian would want the curse of God upon him or her. So they just pay the tithe, not voluntarily but out of the fear of God's wrath.

That is wickedness and an act of desperation.

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 11:10am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough: @Gombs and @The mind You guys don't want to discuss with someone who has read the bible. So who do you want to engage in a "Theological Discuss On Tithing"?

Christians who haven't read their bible thoroughly? So that you can deceive them some more and rob them blind of their hard earned money.

The desperation is funny really. grin grin

grin mate, I'm sure your above post is densed with a heavy stench of defeat, let's change discuss

Would you care to teach me about atheism?

How big bang brought about the world?
Or how humans evolved from monkeys (stupid) to man (intelligent)

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Xriss: 11:11am On Dec 07, 2013
Tonye-t:
My first submissions:

1. Tithe began as an act of appreciation and still is.

2. Tithing is not part of the Mosaic LAWS...it never was mentioned as one.

3. Jesus plainly supported it when He maintained the act should not be ignored.

Read sorry STUDY Deut 14:22-29 and Deut 12:11-27 then post again if tithing is not part of Mosaic law, you may read the whole chapters or book of Deuteronomy. I believe "Deuteronomy" means something like second statement or repetition of the law.

TITHING IS DEFINITELY SCRIPTURAL BUT if u study the book of Deuteronomy then you will find that pastors today twist the "how" tithe should be paid and ask you to package money give it to them and not ask how it is used.....THIS IS FRAUD.

Tithing is meant to be given as food and drink not money....and this is to be eaten by all on the day of offering and the remaining kept in the church for the poor (ie the widows, fatherless, homeless and priests as long as they have no other businesses) that is why Malachi 3 says bring tithes so there will be food not money in God's house.

Also recall that the bible says he who gives to gives to the prophet gets a prophets reward......and he who gives to the poor lends to God himself (Prov 19:17).....thus the way to give your tithe to God is to give it to the poor not to your pastor.....

Jesus confirmed the above in Matt 25:40 and 45, when he said what you do to the "LEAST" of people is what you do to him, pls read this scripture from verse 31 to get a clearer picture. This is in line of law of tithing in Deuteronomy and why Jesus supported it.

Further to the aforementioned, study Acts 4:32-37, you will see that the church brought all they had to the apostles and the apostles shared it to those in need (the poor). This is also in line of the law of tithing in Deuteronomy.

THE BIG QUESTION NOW IS WHY DO PASTORS DO WHATEVER THEY LIKE WITH TITHES AND TELL YOU NOT TO ASK QUESTIONS?
If tithe is Gods money then the Bible should determine how it is used but IF PASTORS DETERMINE HOW IT IS USED THEN YOU HAVE JUST GIVEN TO THE PASTOR AND NOT GOD.

It is pertinent to state that any form of giving is good but if you really want to give to God then STUDY his word and learn how to give to him (by giving to the poor) if you wanna give to your pastor there is no evil or wrong in that, in fact it is good to give to your pastor. But any pastor that collects tithe in the name of God and uses it the way he like is a thief and a fraud.

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 07, 2013
Gombs:

*falls off Bicycle laughing

grin
grin

so with all the tithes you are paying , na bicycle you de ride grin grin

Come let me give you a lift in my limo !

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 07, 2013
Gombs:

grin mate, I'm sure your above post is densed with a heavy stench of defeat, let's change discuss

Would you care to teach me about atheism?

How big bang brought about the world?
Or how humans evolved from monkeys (stupid) to man (intelligent)

Stick to the debate on tithing. I am not here to win an argument or collect a trophy. I want to learn about the bible from you Pastors, maybe i can be converted to Christendom.

So please clear my curiosity on the teaching of "tithing" Pastor. There's no need to get desperate here, there's no winner or looser. Just people learning about the scriptures of God. And i know many Christians too on this thread are interested to know what God taught about tithing.

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 07, 2013
Any doctrine that uses fear to coerce its members into obedience is of DEMONS.

God requires obedience out of LOVE.

Telling people that they are under a curse for not giving you money when Jesus died on the cross to abolish the curse is the height of EVIL and BADNESS.

Taking money from those for whom that old testament tithe was meant is WICKEDNESS.

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2013
frosbel:

so with all the tithes you are paying , na bicycle you de ride grin grin

Come let me give you a lift in my limo !

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin & . . .

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:28am On Dec 07, 2013
frosbel: Any doctrine that uses fear to coerce its members into obedience is of DEMONS.

God requires obedience out of LOVE.

Telling people that they are under a curse for not giving you money when Jesus died on the cross to abolish the curse is the height of EVIL and BADNESS.

Taking money from those for whom that old testament tithe was meant is WICKEDNESS.

On top of that, they make it look as if God cannot bless a man who is diligent, prays and spend wise without him paying tithe. We are no more under a conditional covenant, everything we get under this new agreement is all because of what Christ did and God faithfulness.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough:
Stick to the debate on tithing. I am not here to win an argument or collect a trophy.

Good... Cos you can't win grin

I want to learn about the bible from you Pastors, maybe i can be converted to Christendom.

Read
John 3:16
John1: 1-23
2Corinth 5:17
Romans 10: 9-10

In that order. If you cannot be convinced by them, christendom would be but a mirage

So please clear my curiosity on the teaching of "tithing" Pastor. There's no need to get desperate here, there's no winner or looser. Just people learning about the scripture of God. And i hope many Christians too on this thread is interested to know what God taught about tithing.

You never came to learn, if you did, your first post on ths thread would have been neutral.

Now, if you will excuse me, I've gotta be a part of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's bday celebration.

Be a good lad now,

Cheers
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2013
Goshen360:

On top of that, they make it look as if God cannot bless a man who is diligent, prays and spend wise without him paying tithe. We are no more under a conditional covenant, everything we get under this new agreement is all because of what Christ did and God faithfulness.

Yes my Bro.

Consider how we get blessings :

"For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes" ) ascends to God for his glory." - 2 Corinthians 1:20

" Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" - Ephesians 1:3

Our blessings are in CHRIST not in TITHE ------------- AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2013
Now where is Pastor Miwerds and Pastor Candour? The supposed "Theological Discussants On Tithing."

Just like every other tithe collecting pastors, I guess they've absconded from the thread because the truth has come to light.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough: Now where is Pastor Miwerds and Pastor Candour? The supposed "Theological Discussants On Tithing."

Just like every other tithe collecting pastors, I guess they've absconded from the thread because the truth has come to light.

No , they are actually staunch Anti-Tithers.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough: Now where is Pastor Miwerds and Pastor Candour? The supposed "Theological Discussants On Tithing."

RudeDough, I am against tithing, nor for it.

The Bible does not teach it.

I have been reading the thread for the last few hours. Even clicking like on some posts.

However, I have decided to reserve any more of my comments concerning the tithe for the actual Discussion as advised by my ally Candour.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2013

grin

Confusion o... You must be a newbie... A newbie atheist too

*Unfollows thread
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by deledels(m): 11:42am On Dec 07, 2013
STOP PRACTICING WITCHCRAFT
The aim of witchcraft is to control either by manipulation,domination or intimidation.Most christians practice witchcraft (unknowingly at times) by sending msgs such as "IF you
don't broadcast this msg,that means you don't love Christ "Or I know less 5 people will bc this msg. Its only in Nigeria that Jesus sends BC msgs such as "Hi,,this is Jesus,,send this msg to 20pple & you shall be blessed,,ignore & (a curse follows) 'As harmless as it may sound, that's simply witchcraft in practice using the name of Jesus. The test of my love for Christ is in obedience to His WORD not a broadcast.Plss let's stopblackmailing,forcing or manipulating people,,, same thing goes for pastors who coerce & cajole church goers to drop their money,,,infact they create big fear in them by telling them they are cursed,,,I believe a philantropic gesture such as going to orphanage to show love (giving them little things such as toiletries,,beverages etc) is much more appreciated in the sight of God than dropping your money for pastors to flex,,,well in my survey,,,the richest pple in the world are not core christians,,,,they only engage in philantropic gestures,,,& they are getting richer,,,Aliko Dangote is the richest man in Africa & he's not a christian,,,sultan of Brunei is not a christian,,,Oba Saudi (as he's fondly called) is not a christian,,,,Carlos slim is not a core christian,,, Bill Gates,,Warren Buffet & the rest are christians but they are not extremists like most Nigerian christians,,,they only help the poor through their foundations & the likes,,,I remember Bill gates dropped 1million dollars to kick polio out a couple of years ago,,,,this is worthy of emulation,,,what's the point of dropping a fat tithe in church when your neighbour can only afford a meal in 2 days!!!

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 07, 2013
Gombs:

Good... Cos you can't win grin

Read
John 3:16
John1: 1-23
2Corinth 5:17
Romans 10: 9-10

In that order. If you cannot be convinced by them, christendom would be but a mirage

You never came to learn, if you did, your first post on ths thread would have been neutral.

Now, if you will excuse me, I've gotta be a part of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's bday celebration.

Be a good lad now,

Cheers

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy At the highlighted. What a shame for a Pastor to present random quotations from the bible which does not correlate with the topic about tithing.

You should go back to bible school bro. This is a debate for academias who have taken the pain to study every piece of the bible. And if you may, you can invite Pastor Chris Oyakhilome to this thread, lets see if he can show us where the bible said "PAY YOUR TITHE" instead of "EAT YOUR TITHE".

What better way for Pastor Chris Oyakhilome to celebrate his birthday than sitting with sinners and teaching them the bible?

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 11:45am On Dec 07, 2013
Image123:

i never hear from my ally oh. i think the 12hour ultimatum is short. Please make it 24hours. i'll do the best to respond early but i sincerely cannot guarantee the 12hour limit everytime. i think i'm ready,lol.
As for ur ally, I will advice U seek for a replacement. If he comes along the way U can still incooperate him into ur presentation. That is miwerds does not disagree. As for the rule, pls let us keep it that way. That was d set back to d deepsight thread on trinity and we should not repeat the mistake. If U need more time for a presentation, U can request for it and we should grant it. I am finalizing issus with the central moderators. The minute I get their cooperation we will start. In the main time get Rhmey or a replacement.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 07, 2013
Mark Miwerds: RudeDough, I am against tithing, nor for it.

The Bible does not teach it.

I have been reading the thread for the last few hours. Even clicking like on some posts.

However, I have decided to reserve any more of my comments concerning the tithe for the actual Discussion as advised by my ally Candour.

Ohh i see. My apologies. So where are the tithe collecting pastors on this thread? Are they Gombs and The_Mind? undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Those are cheap pastors now. Haba!! Pastors who haven't studied more than 10 chapters of their bible.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough:

Ohh i see. My apologies. So where are the tithe collecting pastors on this thread? Are they Gombs and The_Mind? undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Those are cheap pastors now. Haba!! Pastor who haven't studied more than 10 chapters of their bible.
There are many who are for and many against. Most have not come in the thread.

As you can see, some have. It is the hope of Candour and myself that all who read the Discussion will learn the background of the Biblical tithes; i.e who was required to tithe and who was not, what the tithes consisted of, how often the tithes were given, etc..
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2013
Gombs:

Just like GEJ taking FFK for campaign coordinator in the SW

grin

tongue
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by blesdman(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2013
Xriss:

Read sorry STUDY Deut 14:22-29 and Deut 12:11-27 then post again if tithing is not part of Mosaic law, you may read the whole chapters or book of Deuteronomy. I believe "Deuteronomy" means something like second statement or repetition of the law.

TITHING IS DEFINITELY SCRIPTURAL BUT if u study the book of Deuteronomy then you will find that pastors today twist the "how" tithe should be paid and ask you to package money give it to them and not ask how it is used.....THIS IS FRAUD.

Tithing is meant to be given as food and drink not money....and this is to be eaten by all on the day of offering and the remaining kept in the church for the poor (ie the widows, fatherless, homeless and priests as long as they have no other businesses) that is why Malachi 3 says bring tithes so there will be food not money in God's house.

Also recall that the bible says he who gives to gives to the prophet gets a prophets reward......and he who gives to the poor lends to God himself (Prov 19:17).....thus the way to give your tithe to God is to give it to the poor not to your pastor.....

Jesus confirmed the above in Matt 25:40 and 45, when he said what you do to the "LEAST" of people is what you do to him, pls read this scripture from verse 31 to get a clearer picture. This is in line of law of tithing in Deuteronomy and why Jesus supported it.

Further to the aforementioned, study Acts 4:32-37, you will see that the church brought all they had to the apostles and the apostles shared it to those in need (the poor). This is also in line of the law of tithing in Deuteronomy.

THE BIG QUESTION NOW IS WHY DO PASTORS DO WHATEVER THEY LIKE WITH TITHES AND TELL YOU NOT TO ASK QUESTIONS?
If tithe is Gods money then the Bible should determine how it is used but IF PASTORS DETERMINE HOW IT IS USED THEN YOU HAVE JUST GIVEN TO THE PASTOR AND NOT GOD.

It is pertinent to state that any form of giving is good but if you really want to give to God then STUDY his word and learn how to give to him (by giving to the poor) if you wanna give to your pastor there is no evil or wrong in that, in fact it is good to give to your pastor. But any pastor that collects tithe in the name of God and uses it the way he like is a thief and a fraud.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mark Miwerds: There are many who are for and many against. Most have not come in the thread.

As you can see, some have. It is the hope of Candour and myself that all who read the Discussion will learn the background of the Biblical tithes; i.e who was required to tithe and who was not, what the tithes consisted of, how often the tithes were given, etc..

Oh i see and i guess the debate hasn't started yet. How do i join the discuss or is it an open discuss? I'll love to partake in the discuss but i don't know how. When is the discuss starting?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
Image123:

hahahahahahaahhaha. Kunle might have being drinking.

Nope I am very sober, the offer still stands smiley
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
God is not going to curse any Christian because of non-tithing. He's not going to withhold His blessings because of non-tithing. Why? He had cursed Christ on the tree and in place of curse, we now are extremely blessed in Christ and through Christ.

Malachi's devourer is nothing but ants, rodents, insect eating pest and storehouse is not the church but a food storing place, Christians are the church. God's perfect love cast out fear...of being cursed or under a curse and devourer. God cannot bless you through Christ and at the same time curse you, just like you can't be under a shower and still be dry at the same time.

Listen, I know God more than my name. God is not the thunder striking God presented when it comes to collecting people's money in the name of tithe that these preachers present on pulpit. He will not withhold good things from them that love him. Even when you were still sinner, He sent Christ to die, do you now think He will curse you and send you devourer for non-tithing that He even did not tell you to do under the new agreement?

Our God is an awesome God!

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough:

Oh i see and i guess the debate hasn't started yet. How do i join the discuss or is it an open discuss? I'll love to partake in the discuss but i don't know how. When is the discuss starting?
Both Candour and myself have our ducks in a row. Apparently our opponents, Image123 & Rhymeyjohn, have not as of yet.

As soon as our opponents have their points ready, the Discussion will begin, I think.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by blesdman(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
This is indeed a theological cri-cum-cra-cum or if u like a theological crum-gaga-crum-gaga.
I must say I am maniacally bewildered by the way and manner in which this teaching of paying tithe is being peddled and ferried around in present day churches. As noted by Xris, that was the locus-vivendi of tithe. Tithe was 1-tenth for the levites in the O.T cos they had no inheritance....under the N.T dispensation, it was never mentioned as means of funds for the church, rather the early christians gave cheerfully what they had for the purpose of communal sharing amongst themselves and to the poor. Infact offerings were being made for the church in Judea, Jerusalem and other less priviledged and persecuted churches. Even offerings were purely for humanitarian purposes and not for administrative or "church" aggrandisement as presently portrayed today.
It is indeed sad that Mal 3:9-10 has been quoted out of context as a basis of tithes payment for a believer of the new testament. Tithe proponents argue that when it comes to tithes we are in the old testament but when it comes to other ceremonies of burnt offerings, and the many ceremonies of the old testament, we are not old testament practitioners. Money factor!!!! It is indeed sad. May God help his people.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Both Candour and myself have our ducks in a row. Apparently our opponents, Image123 & Rhymeyjohn, have not as of yet.

As soon as our opponents have their points ready, the Discussion will begin, I think.

Alright thanks. I'll be on standby.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MAYOWAAK: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
Here at PimpPreacher.com we have just discovered two solid words that could end the Tithing Debate once and for all, (1) Evander (2) Holyfield. These two words are truly the end of the tithing discussion, because by his own admission Evander Holyfield paid tithes on $230 million. That’s right, $230 million given to Creflo Dollar’s World Changers Ministry, and It is with great sadness that we report to you today that J.P. Morgan Chase is currently auctioning off Holyfield’s home for $7.9 million.

The most recent bid on the property fell short at $2.9 million – which means if the bank accepts that offer then Holyfield will still be on the hook for the difference. Where’s Creflo? Has anybody seen Creflo?

How in the World of Tithes could this happen to a man who has paid over $23 million alone in Tithes to Creflo Dollar? Here is another question for you to consider as you replay everything your Pastor has ever said about tithing. If tithing really worked why doesn’t Holyfield have at least $10 million in the bank to save his own home?

Plenty of people are criticizing Evander Holyfield right now for blowing through all of his prize fighting earnings, but on the other hand, for the first time I understand how that could happen. Evander Holyfield really believed that if he sowed 10% of $230 million surly God would give him a 100 fold return on that $230 million. So why not blow it all, why save for a rainy day, why control his spending? According to The Gospel of Creflo - God would take care of the Tithers, and Holyfield was taught this garbage week in, and week out.

While Evander’s spending continued to spin out of control – not to mention the costly divorces – the R.O.T. (Return, On, Tithes,) never kicked in.

Can you imagine what it must be like for Evander Holyfield now that he’s faced with losing a symbol of his wealth, while in real time watching Creflo Dollar get richer and richer with every false sermon preached? While Creflo Dollars is still enjoying his wonderful multi-million dollar estate, Evander Holyfield is now on the outside looking through the window of his own home.

Another question that arises whenever I think about Evander Holyfield (The Poster Child for the Tithing Lie) is why Creflo hasn’t paid the $7.9 million loan in full for his once prized church member? It’s no secret that Creflo has $7.9 million x10 in the bank right now – so why not help a brother out – literally?

I am afraid the answer to the question also lies in the reason Pastors preach tithing from the start – Greed. Evander Holyfield is proof that you should never allow a pastor to know how much money you’re making, or have the potential to make. Pastors like Creflo Dollar have a special skill set, a special hypnotic ability to separate you from your money by convincing you that your monetary donations are proof of your obedience to God. Nothing could be miles away from the truth, but truth is also the enemy of Greed. The only way Greed can really have Great Success is if truth is thirteen cities away.

Whereas Mike Tyson chewed off part of Evander Holyfield’s ear – Creflo Dollar chewed through his common sense, and finances. Holyfield also serves as proof that in your time of great need – don’t expect the pastor who reached for your tithe to also reach for your hand and help you financially to climb out of debt. It’s not that type of relationship. The type relationship you have with a pastor like Creflo Dollar is as one sided as the Harlem Globetrotters vs. The Washington Generals, and in likewise you will never win, nor prosper.

If Tithing was true then Evander Holyfield should have the cattle that feeds on 100 hills – and not featured on PimpPreacher.com broke at the age of 51. Shame on you Creflo Dollar, and all of the members who currently ignore poor old Evander Holyfield. All Evander has to show for the $23 million he gave Creflo Dollar is his reserved first row pew – or what we can now refer to as the real “Dunce Chair.” Now the next time your pastor tells you that if you sow a seed in fertile ground then God will bless that seed please consider the following.

Holyfield gave $23 million so maybe, just maybe, God doesn’t work like that.

TJ - Church Folk Revolution!!!

http://pimppreacher.com/post/69012069835/23-million-reasons-why-evander-holyfield-should-punch

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More / 7 Weird Things We Do In Church / Between Clergyman Mike Bamiloye And A Facebook User Asking About Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.