Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31327 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 08, 2013
UKDBOSS: Am i allowed 2 ansa rudedoughs questions?

Sure. Feel free to answer any question. It's an open discuss after all and hey, Rudedough is an Atheist who likes to learn about religion.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:27am On Dec 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Hi Mark, I got alerted that you sent me a PM. Unfortunately due to a problem nairaland's platform has with hotmail, PMs don't get delivered to my hotmail address which I used in opening my nairaland account.
Blessings Pastor Kun,

All you have to do is reply to the email notification, and that opens the email communication between us.

Old age must be creeping up on me. I have forgotten what I was going to email you about.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 7:34am On Dec 08, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Blessings Pastor Kun,

All you have to do is reply to the email notification, and that opens the email communication between us.

Old age must be creeping up on me. I have forgotten what I was going to email you about.

There is no avenue to reply to the notification. The notification appeared on top of my page when I logged into nairaland. It didn't come as a mail I could respond to.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

There is no avenue to reply to the notification. The notification appeared on top of my page when I logged into nairaland. It didn't come as a mail I could respond to.
Interesting.

As I said, I have forgotten why I was emailing. But I will send a quick email so the avenue is open in case we wish to communicate in private. If that is satisfactory with you, my Brother?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2013
I have sent you a short note via email.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:16am On Dec 08, 2013
Mark Miwerds: I have sent you a short note via email.

I have responded sir. smiley
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:19am On Dec 08, 2013
Thank you, my Brother.

I have complied with the request you made in your response. Safety and privacy are indeed important this day and age in which we live.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by dumoala(m): 8:44am On Dec 08, 2013
This is, of course, the most familiar financial subject to Christians. Nearly all of us are aware of the practice of tithing,
but very few actually realize its true significance. It was a commandment of God to Israel and 10 percent of their first fruits
belonged to God. As I mentioned earlier, when God told me to teach this subject for the first time, He led me to
Deuteronomy 26 where He first introduced it to Israel. Let’s start with the first verse and relate this to our role under the new covenant.
“And it shall be, when thou art come in unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it,
and dwellest therein.”
How does this relate to the Christian? The Word says in Colossians 1:13 "That God has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son". We are living in the kingdom of God. We have entered into our inheritance in Jesus Christ and possess it in His Name. We have the title deed to this kingdom through faith in Jesus Christ. The authority has been given to us, and God is showing us how to exercise our tithing privileges in order to maintain control efficiently in the financial world.
Verses 2-3, “That thou shalt take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which thou shalt bring of thy land that the Lord thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose to place his name there.
And thou shalt go unto the priest that shall be in those days.”

Who is this priest? Hebrews 3:1 says that Jesus is our High Priest. Hebrews 7:8, speaking of Jesus, says He receives our tithes personally.
Therefore, we are to go to Him with our tithes and say to Him, “I profess this day into the Lord God that I am come into the inheritance which the Lord swore to give me.”
This is a very important point in the tithing procedure: Make a confession before your High Priest.
Verse 4, “And the priest shall take the basket out of thine hand, and set it down before the altar of the Lord thy God.”
Can you see where we have been missing it? We quickly drop our tithe money into the offering plate as it passes by
or stuff it into an envelope without a thought. Instead, we are to present it to Jesus, Who, in turn, will set it before the altar of God.
Then in verses 5-10, the Lord builds Israel a confession telling of His mighty work in their lives and of delivering them from
bondage in Egypt. At this point, we Christians need to switch to our position under the New Testament. We were sinners in the world,
and our confession should be something like this: “I am in the land which You have provided for me in Jesus Christ,
the kingdom of Almighty God. I was a sinner serving Satan. He was my god. But I called upon the Name of Jesus, and You heard my
cry and delivered me from the power and authority of darkness and translated me into the kingdom of Your dear Son.
Jesus is my Lord, and I bring the first fruits of my labors to Him as the High Priest and worship You with it. We rejoice in all the good
which You have given to us and our household.”
This is our confession of redemption equivalent to Israel’s deliverance from Egypt. The Bible says this is a type of our deliverance from Satan.
Israel pointed to Egypt; we point to Cavalry. Now as a guide for you to use, we have set out this entire confession based on Deuteronomy 26:
We profess this day unto the Lord God that we have come into the inheritance which the Lord swore to give us.
We are in the land which You have provided for us in Jesus Christ, the kingdom of Almighty God. We were sinners serving Satan.
He was our god. But we called upon the Name of Jesus, and You heard our cry and delivered us from the power and authority of darkness
and translated us into the kingdom of Your dear Son.
Jesus, as our Lord and High Priest, we bring the first fruits of our income to You and worship the Lord our God with it.
We rejoice in all the good which You have given to us and our household. We have hearkened to the voice of the Lord our God and have done according to all that He has commanded us. Now look down from Your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless us as You said in Your Word.
All of this involved in tithing. You can readily see that it can’t be done in the few seconds before the plate is passed in church. It must be done on purpose, but I guarantee you, it is worth every minute of it!
My wife and I write our tithe checks, hold them before God, and take the time to pray over them. Our money then becomes a tool used in worshiping God.
Deuteronomy 26:10 says that the high priest will set the tithes before God and worship Him with them. Can you grasp Jesus
worshiping God with your money? Wow! That’s quite a picture.
There is another part of this confession, from verses 14-15, which is very important: “I have hearkened to the voice of the
Lord my God, and have done according to all that thou hast commanded me. Look down from thy holy habitation, from
heaven, and bless thy people Israel, and the land which thou hast given us, as thou swarest unto our fathers, a land that
floweth with milk and honey.”
In contrast, we have thought, I’ll just keep giving and maybe one of these days He will notice it
and bless me. This is wrong. The blessing of God is received by faith in His Word. It does not come automatically, just as salvation
does not come automatically. You could say, “Well, go to church and God will save you one of these days, if you’re lucky!” No,

the laws governing salvation must be acted on in order for them to work in your life. Prosperity comes the same way.
As we can see in Malachi 3:10-11, God has promised the tither that He will open the windows of heaven and pour out a
blessing that there will not be room enough to receive. We had an opportunity to put this to work some years ago when a friend of mine had come to a standstill in his construction business. He hadn’t received a contract in a long time and something had to be done, so he and his wife came to us for prayer. As I was praying about his situation, the Lord showed me how to handle the problem. He was a tither,
so we used what was his according to the Word in Malachi 3:10-11,
“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And
I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit
before the time in the field.”
We prayed in line with this and believed God for an abundant blessing. Then we rebuked the
devourer, Satan. We said, “Satan, this man is a tither, and you have no right to bind his business. In the Name of Jesus, we
command you to get your hands off and do it now!” When I spoke with him about three months later, he said that business
had begun to pour in. Praise the Lord! These are our tight as tithers according to the Word of God.
[b]In tithing, you are laying the foundation for financial success and abundance. You are establishing deposits with God that can be used when you need them. Don’t wait until your back is against the wall before you use your faith in this area.
Build your faith first when things are going well. Learn to act on the Word now, and when Satan tries to pin you against the wall,
you can smile and know that you have it made. His power over you financially has been stopped!
When you stand on the covenant of God and exercise your rights as a tither,
Satan has no chance against you. God will rebuke the devourer for your sake. If your back is against the wall financially now,
don’t wait to begin tithing. You cannot afford to wait!

[/b]The tithe belongs to God in the first place. “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me” (Malachi 3:8-9). This scripture says that a man who does not tithe is robbing God and is operating under a curse because of it. Start tithing now! If you don’t have any money,
find something you do have and give it today. There is no faster or surer way to break that curse.
Immediately when money comes into your hands, FIRST take God’s tithe out and present it to Him.
“Honor the Lord with your capital and sufficiency [from righteous labors], and with the first fruits of all your income,
So shall your storage places be filled with plenty, and your vats be overflowing with new wine”

(Proverbs 3:9-10, The Amplified Bible). Remember, the Word says that God gives us the power to get wealth and the blessing of the Lord makes rich. In tithing, God is giving you 90 percent and receiving for His work in the earth 10 percent to provide ministry for you. “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:11-12). You can’t out give God! He gives back His 10 percent to see to it that you are perfected, equipped and edified.
This brings us to the question of where God’s tithes are to be placed?
Some think only churches are to receive tithes. This would be true if their church is the source of their spiritual food and growth.
The Word says to bring the tithes into the storehouse so that there would be MEAT in His house.
A storehouse is where the food is.
I know thousands of people attending churches of all denominations that receive no spiritual food whatsoever from their churches.
How could that be a storehouse?
Verse 14 of Deuteronomy 26 The Amplified Bible says, “I have not eaten of the tithe…or given any of it to the dead; I have
hearkened to the voice of the Lord my God, and have done according to all that You have commanded me.”

I would not consider putting God’s tithe into a dead work. If you want to put money in a church that is dead—not ministering to people—
then put your money into it, but it is important to put the tithe into a storehouse that is feeding the life of God to the people.
Many churches and foundations serve as Satan’s reservoir to keep finances out of the revival that is in the earth today.
To settle this question, since it is God’s money to start with and since Jesus is the One Who will handle and receive the
tithe (see Hebrews 7:cool, pray and let Him tell you where it should be put to work
I realize this is not too popular with
some church doctrines, but nevertheless, it is accurate.
Brethren, Jesus is Lord over the finances of the Body of Christ! He is fair, and He is just in the distribution of God’s tithe. When a church sees to it that the people are fed, that church will receive its portion.
When an evangelist sees to it that the people are fed, Jesus will minister to him his portion of God’s tithe. All the different ministries
qualify to receive from Jesus more than enough to fulfill their particular calling when they feed God’s people.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by dumoala(m): 8:48am On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: Nice write up, it would have been an interesting read if you had created more spaces or paragraphs and highlighted points with scriptural quotations.

This is the internet, people are so much in a hurry you know.

Thanks.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by dumoala(m): 8:54am On Dec 08, 2013
Xriss:

Sir, from the last sentence of your quote above, you clearing state that God first introduced tithing to Israel in Deut 26. This statement is false, there are instructions on tithing in Deut 12, Deut 14 and even in Leviticus. So I have doubts if it was God that led you at all.

Sir, based on your observation it is obvious that the only issue you have with what I wrote is the word FIRST
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by ghostofsparta(m): 8:55am On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough:

Sure. Feel free to answer any question. It's an open discuss after all and hey, Rudedough is an Atheist who likes to learn about religion.

https://www.nairaland.com/1544485/nelson-mandela-dead/24#20071206
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 08, 2013
[b]@dumo.ala

Please just stop quoting verses from Deuteronomy to Colossians to Hebrews to Malachi to Proverbs to Ephesians. That is preaching God's word out of context and hand picking the right verses to suit your propaganda. The bible was not designed to be handpicked but to be taught in context.

I can handpick verses from the bible to encourage a terrorist to do evil. That is how they do the religion brainwashing and you have a PhD in it. For example: Read these handpicked verses from the bible and imagine preaching these verses to a boy named Yusuf.

God has created you Yusef and you are perfect in his sight.

Genesis 1:27
"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

God is calling you now to do his work.

2 Peter 1:10-11
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

Now this is God's message to you Yusef.

Judges 21:11 This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.”

God wants you to kill them because their heart is evil.

Matthew 15:19 - "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornication, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."

You must do this Yusef cos God has commanded you to do it.

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Don't fear Yusef, God is with you.

Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

And don't you worry son, you have not sinned because the bible said.

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Will a religious Yusef do this work for God? Hell Yeah!!

That is how you've been teaching the bible. Handpicking verses out of context to drive your propaganda. That is evil and a sign of desperation. Christians should study their bible and stop being played by my friend here Pastor Dumo-Christiano Ala-Ronaldo.
[/b]

11 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by dumoala(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough: [b]@dumo.ala

Please just stop quoting verses from Deuteronomy to Colossians to Hebrews to Malachi to Proverbs to Ephesians. That is preaching God's word out of context and hand picking the right verses to suit your propaganda. The bible was not designed to be handpicked but to be taught in context.

I can handpick verses from the bible to encourage a terrorist to do evil. That is how they do the religion brainwashing and you have a PhD in it. For example: Read these handpicked verses from the bible and imagine preaching this verses to a boy named Yusuf.

God has created you Yusef and you are perfect in his sight.

Genesis 1:27
"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

God is calling you now to do his work.

2 Peter 1:10-11
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

Now this is God's message to you Yusef.

Judges 21:11 This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.”

God wants you to kill them because their heart is evil.

Matthew 15:19 - "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornication, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."

You must do this Yusef cos God has commanded you to do it.

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Don't fear Yusef, God is with you.

Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

And don't you worry son, you have not sinned because the bible said.

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Will a religious Yusef do this work for God? Hell Yeah!!

That is how you've been teaching the bible. Handpicking verses out of context to drive your propaganda. That is evil and a sign of desperation. Christians should study their bible and stop being played like my friend dumo-Christiano ala-Ronaldo.
[/b]

Sir, Youre doing very well, Perhaps, the word of God is not an ordinary novel, You need the Spirit of God to give you insight in the understanding of his word. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2013
COMING SOON... THE MOTHER OF ALL DISCUSSES ON TITHES...FEATURING RHYMEJOHN, IMAGE123, MARK MIWERDS AND CANDOUR... COME ONE, COME ALL... COME AND UNDERSTAND THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD TITHE OR WHY YOU SHOULD NOT... TIME: 7:00PM TODAY... MODERTORS: AJIBAM, DRUMMABOY... VENUE: NAIRALAND RELIGION SECTION... COMING SOON!!!

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2013
dumo.ala:

Sir, Youre doing very well, Perhaps, the word of God is not an ordinary novel, You need the Spirit of God to give you insight in the understanding of his word. Thanks

And you've been reading the bible like a terrorist, making the bible seem meaningless and ununderstandable to Christians. The Bible is very plain and simple in its teachings Pastor Dumo-Christiano A. Ronaldo.

And please don't give me the classic "You Need Spiritual Eyes" defense, that defense is too old and overused already. That is what fraudulent Pastors tell their members to discourage them from reading the bible, cos of course only the Pastor should have the "Spiritual eyes" or the "Spiritual lenses" to understand the bible.

That's Bull$hit bro, and a heck of a $hit

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 11:07am On Dec 08, 2013
dumo.ala:

Your understanding of the tithe doctrine is very shallow and twisted and thus I would start with teaching you a bit on the history of tithes as commanded by God in the bible.

Tithes were first introduced in Leviticus, then mentioned again in Numbers, then again in Deuteronomy.
The Mosaic/Levitic Law was given to the children of Israel over a span of forty years.
When God told Moses to tell the children of Israel
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD. And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof. And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD. He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed. These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai. (Leviticus 27:30-34)
the year was 1450 BC.
Twenty years later, He said:
Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die. But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance. But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe. And this your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though it were the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress. Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering to Aaron the priest. (Num. 18:22-28)
and twenty years after that, He said:
 And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks: (Deuteronomy 12:6)
 Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD: (Deuteronomy 12:11)
 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest. (Deuteronomy 14:22-29)
 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled; (Deuteronomy 26:12)

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2013
Just in case people are too Lazy to read all the verses, please allow me highlight the most important parts of Deuteronomy.

Pastor Kun:

(Deuteronomy 12:11)
 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt EAT there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall EAT and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest. (Deuteronomy 14:22-29)
 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may EAT within thy gates, and be filled; (Deuteronomy 26:12)

The bible said EAT THE TITHE. How Pastors twist the bible, i wonder.

dumo.ala:
If your back is against the wall financially now, don’t wait to begin tithing. You cannot afford to wait! The tithe belongs to God in the first place. “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me” (Malachi 3:8-9)

Just to proof to the congregation that Pastor Dumo handpicks bible verses and peaches it out of context.

Pastor Dumo, please explain to us where Malachi 3:8-9 was cursing the tithers and not the Priests who were stealing God's offerings.

The house is waiting and if you may, please no long message or numerous bible quotations, just explain Malachi 3:8-9 to us.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2013
dumo.ala:
[b][/b] Please read carefully... Thanks
Sir, are you a tithe collector or a tithe payer? Speak the truth and shame the devil. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough: Just in case people are too Lazy to read all the verses, please allow me highlight the most important parts of Deuteronomy.

[b][size=10pt]The bible said EAT THE TITHE. How Pastors twist the bible, i wonder.
Rudedough,

Please read through past threads carefully. It appears here that you are admonishing Pastor Kun. Pastor Kun is not a tither. He teaches exactly what the Bible says concerning tithes.

His post was about the historical dates, not about a continuation of the Old Testament tithe.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Rudedough,

Please read through past threads carefully. It appears here that you are admonishing Pastor Kun. Pastor Kun is not a tither. He teaches exactly what the Bible says concerning tithes.

His post was about the historical dates, not about a continuation of the Old Testament tithe.

No it was an error, i have already fixed it. I mistakenly removed the rest of the comment when i modified my post.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough:

And you've been reading the bible like a terrorist, making the bible seem meaningless and ununderstandable to Christians. The Bible is very plain and simple in its teachings Pastor Dumo-Christiano A. Ronaldo.

And please don't give me the classic "You Need Spiritual Eyes" defense, that defense is too old and overused already. That is what fraudulent Pastors tell their members so as to discourage them from reading the bible, cos of course only the Pastor should have the "Spiritual eyes" or the "Spiritual lenses" to understand the bible.

you are nyt an atheist, pls find out, who you really are. GOD BLESS YOU BRO.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
dumo.ala:
If your back is against the wall financially now, don’t wait to begin tithing. You cannot afford to wait! The tithe belongs to God in the first place. “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me” (Malachi 3:8-9)

Just to proof to the congregation that Pastor Dumo handpicks bible verses and peaches it out of context.

Pastor Dumo, please explain to us where Malachi 3:8-9 was cursing the tithers and not the Priests who were stealing God's offerings.

The house is waiting and if you may, please try to keep the message short with minimal bible quotations. Just explain Malachi 3:8-9 to us.

Thanks
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough:

No it was an error, i have already fixed it. I mistakenly removed the rest of the comment when i modified my post.
Thanks for clearing that up.

To some extent, I would have to agree with CE here. If you are an atheist as you say, I must admit I have never encountered one such as you. You defend the Holy Bible in your posts.

Atheists normally do not do such.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough: [b]@C. Sixtus …. a continuation of your questions.

4. What inheritance did the Levite receive among the tribes of Israel?

The Levites did not receive any land whatsoever in Canaan (The Promise Land).

Deuteronomy 18:2 "They shall have no inheritance among their brothers; the Lord is their inheritance, as he promised them."

5. Do we have Levites in Christendom today?

No! We do not have Levites in Christendom anymore. The Levites were an Israelite tribe and the last descendants of the sons of Levi according to the bible were the sons of Aaron. Right now most Jews don't know what tribe they are from because of what they went through throughout history, so there is no way to tell whether this is a son of a Levi.

6. Who are the "priests" in Christianity today?

The "Priests" in Christianity today are "Priests". But if you wish to ascribe a tribe to their Priesthood like the Israelites did grin, then we might have something like:

Yoruba Priests smiley
Igbo Priests undecided
Hausa Priests lipsrsealed

…But that's a little racists. cheesy cheesy

7. What was the form of tithe paid? money? or …?

Please note that tithe was never "PAID", that word "PAID" sends a different meaning entirely. Tithes were feasted on yearly and "GIVEN" to the less privileged once in every 3 years.
Tithes were "GIVEN" as agricultural products and animals.

8. Do we still offer burnt offerings?

No, there's no need to offer those burnt offering. Apostle Paul did a great job explaining that context to Christians.

Hebrews 9:11-12
11 But when Christ came as high priest of the good things...12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood... 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer .... They are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ...

9. Did the Levites pay tithes from tithes or gifts received?

Like I said in my previous post, the Levites were not just confined to the service of the altar, some had other jobs. The Levites who had other jobs, however, didn't retain the entire tithe they receive from the Israelites, but gave a tenth of the grain and wine to the priests who attended the altar (Num. 18:25-29).

10. Did any of the apostles pay tithes?

No! The Apostles never tithed. Tithes are supposed to be given only by those who reap from the field of the earth. (Farmers and Ranchers)

Fishermen never tithed their fishes.
Miners never tithed their mines.
Horses and Chariot sellers never tithed their... idunno.. 10% of the horse and chariot wheels. grin
Traders never tithed their money.

And please don't tell me that there was no money then, cos the bible told us that the Pharisees were lovers of money. (Luke 16:14) Actually they were Igbo men. cheesy cheesy

11. Is every Christian a priest today? or only the leaders are priests? and if all Christians are priest, who should we pay/give tithes to?

No! Every Christian is not a Priest. Pastors interpret the bible irrationally and it is very disturbing.

Hebrews 7:15-21 was talking about the swearing of a new Priest, i wonder how Pastors interpret the bible to mean that every Christian is a Priest under the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7:15-21
This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek... 17 For it is witnessed of him,
“You are a priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For on the one hand, a former commandment (Priest) is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.
20 And it was not without an oath. For those who formerly became priests were made such without an oath, 21 but this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him:
“The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind, ‘You are a priest forever.’”

If only Pastors will learn to interpret the bible in context and not pick verse 3 of Luke and verse 17 of exodus and verse 35 of somewhere else, pack them together to drive their propaganda. undecided

12. How do you give tithe from tithe unto God now in Christendom? (---Was given as a burnt offering before right? )

Now you don't have to tithe at all. You are not an Israelite, you are a Nigerian. Unless you're from an Israelite descent and you have a time travel machine that can take you back to the promise land of Canaan. grin

I hope i have answered your questions diligently. If you need more clarification, please feel free to write and I’ll find time to reply. smiley

Cheers
[/b]

Can you simply explain I Peter 2:9 ?

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Thanks for clearing that up.

To some extent, I would have to agree with CE here. If you are an atheist as you say, I must admit I have never encountered one such as you. You defend the Holy Bible in your posts.

Atheists normally do not do such.

[b]Trust me i'm an Atheist. A lot of you guys don't understand who an Atheist is, you think an Atheist is possessed or live a carefree life. That's not true, that's stereotyping. Atheism is not a religion, Atheists just don't believe in anything without factual proof.

Atheist are usually open minded people with a mind of their own. They are also very interested to learn about other religion, even though they get very defensive sometimes when Christians try to impose their religion on them. And trust me, Atheists know a lot more than Christians do about their bible and religion.

Having read the bible thoroughly many times, i don't think it will be right for me to sit here and watch a Pastor manipulate the bible to satisfy his selfish greed and/or steal from the poor.

As a matter of fact, when we see such, we draw our conclusion that religion is the height of wickedness. Now just imagine a Pastor wrote this:

dumo.ala: If your back is against the wall financially now, don’t wait to begin tithing. You cannot afford to wait! The tithe belongs to God in the first place.

How can someone whose "back is against the wall financially" pay tithe? Is that not stealing from an already broke Christian brother? Is that not killing the ant with a sledge hammer?
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough:

[b]Trust me i'm an Atheist. A lot of you guys don't understand who an Atheist is, you think an Atheist is possessed or live a carefree life. That's not true, that's stereotyping. Atheism is not a religion, Atheists just don't believe in anything without factual proof.

Atheist are usually open minded people with a mind of their own. They are also very interested to learn about other religion, even though they get very defensive sometimes when Christians try to impose their religion on them. And trust me, Atheists know a lot more than Christians do about their bible and religion.

Having read the bible thoroughly many times, i don't think it will be right for me to sit here and watch a Pastor manipulate the bible to satisfy his selfish greed and/or steal from the poor.

As a matter of fact, when we see such, we draw our conclusion that religion is the height of wickedness. Now just imagine a Pastor wrote this:

How can someone whose "back is against the wall financially" pay tithe? Is that not stealing from an already broke Christian brother? Is that not killing the ant with a sledge hammer?
[/b]
the mistake most non-christians make is to think christianity is exemplified by the 'average christian' in the neighbourhood. No sir, if u want to understand christianity, pls study Christ, (the way, truth and the life) thats who a christian should be. Thatsnotwithstanding, i insist, pls, FIND OUT WHO YOU REALLY ARE,. You are NOT an 'atheist, God bless sir.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by dumoala(m): 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
rudedough:

And please don't give me the classic "You Need Spiritual Eyes" defense, that defense is too old and overused already. That is what fraudulent Pastors tell their members so as to discourage them from reading the bible, cos of course only the Pastor should have the "Spiritual eyes" or the "Spiritual lenses" to understand the bible.

Sir, The aim of this discussion is not win argument or throw insults... Please kindly go through the rules again...
Perhaps, I dont know if you believe that the words written in the bible are truely the word of God....?
If you believe then you need him to give you understanding of his word.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
DrummaBoy: COMING SOON... THE MOTHER OF ALL DISCUSSES ON TITHES...FEATURING RHYMEJOHN, IMAGE123, MARK MIWERDS AND CANDOUR... COME ONE, COME ALL... COME AND UNDERSTAND THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD TITHE OR WHY YOU SHOULD NOT... TIME: 7:00PM TODAY... MODERTORS: AJIBAM, DRUMMABOY... VENUE: NAIRALAND RELIGION SECTION... COMING SOON!!!
SIX HOURS TO GO... PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BE ON THEIR MARKS... LOL!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
C. Sixtus:

Can you simply explain I Peter 2:9 ?

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Thanks!!!

[b]Thank you for your question C. Sixtus.

Before you understand the teachings of St. Peter, you must note that most of Peter's teachings were letters to persecuted Christians scattered all over many nations.

Let's go back to a little bible history, shall we?

After God delivered the people of Israel from their slavery in Egypt and brought them to Mount Sinai. God declared the Israelites, “You shall be to me a "KINGDOM OF PRIESTS" and a "HOLY NATION"” (Ex. 19:6).

The Israelites were declared PRIESTS by God, which makes them a bloodline of priests (ROYAL PRIESTHOOD). They later rebelled against God by worshiping other gods, and a majority of the Israelite Priests flee across Asia minor.

Now that we have been able to established where the "ROYAL PRIESTHOOD" and "HOLY NATION" came from, we will be able to pinpoint who Peter was addressing.

History settled. grin Now let's read 1 Peter 1:1-2 and see if the opening sounds like a Letter.

"To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance." grin grin

It is incumbent to note also that Peter's letters have similar purpose of encouragement, which are:

* He wants Christians to be stronger in their faith.
* He wants to warn the Priests about false teachers.
* To remind the Priests about the true Christian beliefs.
* He emphasized that Jesus Christ will return and then God will judge the wicked and Christians must be ready for that day.

When you read on from the opening letter from 1 Peter 1:1, you'll see a continuous trend of the above purposes of encouragement down to your 1 Peter 2:9 which reads.

1 Peter 2:9
"But ye are a chosen generation, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, an HOLY NATION, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light"

1 Peter 2:9 was a part of a letter addressed to the Priests in the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia.

If you have anymore questions, do feel free to write back.

Cheers
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
DrummaBoy: SIX HOURS TO GO... PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BE ON THEIR MARKS... LOL!
Looking forward to it. But to be honest, someone will have to point me to the mark... or at least in the right direction. LOL

As an aside: My wife still gets a chuckle when she sees me standing in front of a mirror, combing what little hair I have left. Naturally, I don't need the mirror. But it is fun hearing her laugh.

For your amusement, here is another of my less-than-ordinary moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmI98UFXdRk

Just to let you know, a sighted guide was in the vehicle with me, telling me when to turn and when to brake. From what I understand, I did pretty good. Only tripped two pedestrians with my cane. LOL
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
dumo.ala:

Sir, The aim of this discussion is not win argument or throw insults... Please kindly go through the rules again...
Perhaps, I dont know if you believe that the words written in the bible are truely the word of God....?
If you believe then you need him to give you understanding of his word.

Sorry if i have offended you in anyway, i humbly apologize and take back my words.

I read your previous comment where you stated:

dumo.ala: If your back is against the wall financially now, don’t wait to begin tithing. You cannot afford to wait! The tithe belongs to God in the first place. “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me” (Malachi 3:8-9)

And I just want a clarification on Malachi 3:8-9. If it was referring to the Priests or the tithers cos many Pastors tend to use that verse a lot.

Please clarify.

Thanks.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
christemmbassey: the mistake most non-christians make is to think christianity is exemplified by the 'average christian' in the neighbourhood. No sir, if u want to understand christianity, pls study Christ, (the way, truth and the life) thats who a christian should be. Thatsnotwithstanding, i insist, pls, FIND OUT WHO YOU REALLY ARE,. You are NOT an 'atheist, God bless sir.

grin grin Let's do the logical thing here

If the "average christian" does not "exemplify" Christ. Why would a "non-Christian" be interested to "exemplify" Christ? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More / Grail Message Or Grail Centre / 7 Weird Things We Do In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.