Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31294 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Goshen360:

Or better still, which tribe give tithe to which tribe if the "descendants of Jacob" means the "entire Israelites"? Abeg help me ask him o cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy Of course he's one of the sons of Levi.

Pastors are always the sons of Levi while the congregation are the sons of Jacob's other 11 sons. grin grin

How can a Yoruba man be a Levite? grin These Pastors go make me craze one day

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
^ That's one of the Colossian heresies Paul, the Apostles dealt with in his epistles to the Colossians - some people claiming higher and superior knowledge of God, as they are closer to God while others are not so that those who feel inferior can actually see those who claim higher knowledge as mouthpiece of God.

Breeze don blow and we don know the truth mehn. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Goshen360: ^ That's one of the Colossian heresies Paul, the Apostles dealt with in his epistles to the Colossians - some people claiming higher and superior knowledge of God, as they are closer to God while others are not so that those who feel inferior can actually see those who claim higher knowledge as mouthpiece of God.

Breeze don blow and we don know the truth mehn. cheesy

I just wish say Christians dey read this page and them dey see the truth with their eye. Pastor Dumo don abscond.

When I small, my best friend Kasarachi get ulcer, him be student oo. One day, we dey hungry badly, Kasara hold N100, Kasara bring money make we eat, Kasara no gree bring him money out, even when d Ulcer hook am him still no gree bring that money out.

The next morning him go pay the money as tithe for Church. When I ask am, him say Devil dey tempt am make him chop God money so that God go curse him generation. Say anybody wey chop God tithe, God go curse him generation forever.

Now that experience teach me something. Tithers no really like to tithe but na that curse them dey fear, of which the curse no dey refer to them at all. But their Pastors just dey use that verse dey put fear for their body.

All these things dey make me wonder the height of this religious wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 11:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudedough:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Of course he's one of the sons of Levi.

Pastors are always the sons of Levi while the congregation are the sons of Jacob's other 11 sons. grin grin

How can a Yoruba man be a Levite? grin These Pastors go make me craze one day
come to think of it, even d religious leaders in Israel today don't collect tithe, they don't even know who among them is from levi family, but fraudster from Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Efik/Ibibio, Igala, Ijaw etc dey form/claim levite in other to chook eye for another man sweats, dat na original WITCHCRAFT, if u ask me.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
christemmbassey: come to think of it, even d religious leaders in Israel today don't collect tithe, they don't even know who among them is from levi family, but fraudster from Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Efik/Ibibio, Igala, Ijaw etc dey form/claim levite in other to chook eye for another man sweats, dat na original WITCHCRAFT, if u ask me.

Honestly even the Israelites themselves no fit identify Levite among them, na Nigeria man wey know say him be typical Yoruba man or Igbo man or Hausa man na him come dey claim Levite. cheesy cheesy

Man dey suffer oo.. Chai!! Ignorance is truly expensive.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudedough:

I just wish say Christians dey read this page and them dey see the truth with their eye. Pastor Dumo don abscond.

When I small, my best friend Kasarachi get ulcer, him be student oo. One day, we dey hungry badly, Kasara hold N100, Kasara bring money make we eat, Kasara no gree bring him money out, even when d Ulcer hook am him still no gree bring that money out.

The next morning him go pay the money as tithe for Church. When I ask am, him say Devil dey tempt am make him chop God money so that God go curse him generation. Say anybody wey chop God tithe, God go curse him generation forever.

Now that experience teach me something. Tithers no really like to tithe but na that curse them dey fear, of which the curse no dey refer to them at all. But their Pastors just dey use that verse dey put fear for their body.

All these things dey make me wonder the height of this religious wickedness.

There's no fear in God's love. We need to teach these people God will never curse a Christian because God had already cursed Christ on the Cross. There're is no fear in God's love and God had not given us the spirit of fear. It is a tool the devil and false Pastors use to cajole their members, the chain is broken and we are setting the tithe captives free, in Jesus' precious name.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
Goshen360:

There's no fear in God's love. We need to teach these people God will never curse a Christian because God had already cursed Christ on the Cross. There're is no fear in God's love and God had not given us the spirit of fear. It is a tool the devil and false Pastors use to cajole their members, the chain is broken and we are setting the tithe captives free, in Jesus' precious name.

grin grin I guess you've forgotten that I'm an Atheist cheesy

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 11:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudedough:

Honestly even the Israelites themselves no fit identify Levite among them, na Nigeria man wey know say him be typical Yoruba man or Igbo man or Hausa man na him come dey claim Levite. cheesy cheesy

Man dey suffer oo.. Chai!! Ignorance is truly expensive.
bros no b ignorance o, d tithe collectors know d truth, but u know, every fraudster na pretender. Dey just dey form ignorance o, to buy jets n compet with polipicians. When we call them thieves, armed robbers(d word od God na very potent weapon), traders/merchants/peddlers of d word for profits and scammer, no b say we want insult fellow believers o, but bc, we know dat they know d truth. An u sabi sometin?, "a thief is a thief, even if na my ancestor.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin I guess you've forgotten that I'm Atheist cheesy
no way, we no forget, "to d atheist(the weak), i become an atheist(weak) paraventure i might win some-paul, same here bro. Cheers.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2013
[size=16pt]THE LEVITES TODAY[/size]

In Jewish tradition, a Levite (/ˈliːvaɪt/, Hebrew: לֵוִי, Modern Levi Tiberian Lēwî ; "Attached"wink is a member of the Hebrew tribe of Levi. When Joshua led the Israelites into the land of Canaan, the Levites were the only Israelite tribe that received cities but were not allowed to be landowners "because the Lord the God of Israel Himself is their inheritance" (Deuteronomy 18:2).[1][2] The Tribe of Levi served particular religious duties for the Israelites and had political responsibilities as well. In return, the landed tribes were expected to give tithe to the Levites, particularly the tithe known as the Maaser Rishon, or Levite Tithe. Historically they were the priestly classes in Judaism who had exclusive rights to learn and teach Torah to others. In current Jewish practice, dating from the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem, the communal privileges and responsibilities of Levites are mainly limited to the synagogue Torah reading and the ritual of pidyon haben

Today, Levites in Orthodox Judaism continue to have additional rights and obligations compared to lay people, although these responsibilities have diminished with the destruction of the Temple. For instance, Kohanim (the priestly order) are eligible to be called to the Torah first, followed by the Levites. Levites also provide assistance to the Kohanim, particularly washing their hands, before the Kohanim recite the Priestly Blessing. They also do not participate in the Pidyon haben (redemption of the firstborn) ceremony, because they are traditionally pledged to Divine service. Conservative Judaism recognizes Levites as having special status, but not all Conservative congregations call Kohanim and Levites to the first and second reading of the Torah, and many no longer perform rituals such as the Priestly Blessing and Pidyon Haben in which Kohanim and Levites have a special role. Reconstructionist and Reform Judaism do not observe the distinctions between Kohanim, Levites, and other Jews.

Orthodox Judaism believes in the eventual rebuilding of a Temple in Jerusalem and a resumption of the Levitical role. There is a small number of schools, primarily in Israel, to train priests and Levites in their respective roles. Conservative Judaism believes in a restoration of the Temple as a house of worship and in some special role for Levites, although not the ancient sacrificial system as previously practiced.

Lineage

Having a last name of Levi or a related term does not necessarily mean a person is a Levite, and many Levites do not have such last names. Levitical status is passed down in families from parent to child, as part of a family's genealogical tradition. Tribal status is determined by patrilineal descent, so a child whose biological father is a Levite (in cases of adoption or artificial insemination, status is determined by the genetic father), is also considered a Levite. Jewish status is determined by matrilineal descent, thus conferring levitical status onto children requires both biological parents to be Jews and the biological father to be a Levite.

Currently the only branches of Judaism which regard Jewish status as being conferable by both parents have also abolished tribal statuses and distinctions, due to a view in both cases that egalitarian principles override halakha (traditional Jewish law). Accordingly, there is currently no branch of Judaism that regards levitical status as conferable by matrilineal descent. It is either conferable patrilineally, in the traditional manner, or it does not exist and is not conferred at all.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levite

I learnt from this same text that David Cameron, is from a levithical descent.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 10, 2013
^^^ Pastor Dumo, please come and tell us who your Levitical father is. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
rudedough: ^^^ Pastor Dumo, please come and tell us who your Levitical father is. undecided

Pastor dumo seems to have absconded from this thread having realised his folly. grin I just hope he takes it a step further and repents from this fraudulent doctrine.

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
@All

We are under utilizing this thread.

Even though the debate has started on the other thread, I expect that a parallel debate will be going on here. Now the rule says the participants cannot comment on other tithe threads; but it didn't say you and I that are not participating directly cannot!

So please, I want you guys to take up the points being discussed there and discuss/debate them here too, and thus give some life to the whole discuss. I am sure you all understand our not wanting you to comment on that other thread; so, please, don't bad belle us, OK? Oya, let have some life debate go on.

So far two points have been debated:

1. R1: Our tithing is borne out of the fact that the Scriptures are the inspired Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16) by Image123 and Rhymey; what are your takes on their delivery; what are your inputs; what should they have said; what should they have left out?

2. M1 - Abram's tithe was not his own property (Gen. 14:14-16,18-20,22-24) by Miwerds and Candour; ongoing though.

So let us have your inputs. I am sure I have not broken the rule, abi?

God bless.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by shdemidemi(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Anti-tithers don chase all the tithers away from here o (with facts). Candour and Mark will do well with some expo on this thread. grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi: Anti-tithers don chase all the tithers away from here o (with facts). Candour and Mark will do well with some expo on this thread. grin

I think so too.

But the minute it climbs this place, it is no longer expo na grin

And Image's friend's can help them out too. I have been seeing Bidam peeping into the thread.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Pastor dumo seems to have absconded from this thread having realised his folly. grin I just hope he takes it a step further and repents from this fraudulent doctrine.

Trust me, that man hasn't absconded fully, he's stiff necked and very rebellious.

Deuteronomy 31:27.
"For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are."

Yesterday, I saw 1 guest lurking around this thread at odd hours of the night. Something tells me it was Pastor Dumo. grin grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
DrummaBoy:
So please, I want you guys to take up the points being discussed there and discuss/debate them here too, and thus give some life to the whole discuss.

what's the reward? e.g. 1st prize - 2014 Range Rover sports, 2nd prize - all expense paid vacation to hawaii, 3rd prizec - all expense paid pilgrimage to Jerusalem 4th prize all expense paid pilgrimage to cannan land, Ota. 5th prize - time out with pastor adeboye. Things like these would be enough incentive for debate. Even tithers go participate very well.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi: Anti-tithers don chase all the tithers away from here o (with facts).

tithers are not so good when it comes to exercising the brain (there are exceptions sha), They are comfortable with brief statements like - "tithe works for me" or "the bible says we should tithe" (it actually the pastor that gave the instruction to tithe).
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I think so too.

But the minute it climbs this place, it is no longer expo na grin

And Image's friend's can help them out too. I have been seeing Bidam peeping into the thread.
Yeah..peeping to see the concoction of lies you guys are spewing here.una welldone. grin.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

what's the reward? e.g. 1st prize - 2014 Range Rover sports, 2nd prize - all expense paid vacation to hawaii, 3rd prizec - all expense paid pilgrimage to Jerusalem 4th prize all expense paid pilgrimage to cannan land, Ota. 5th prize - time out with pastor adeboye. Things like these would be enough incentive for debate. Even tithers go participate very well.

The prize shall be seeing people gain understanding

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
DrummaBoy:

The prize shall be seeing people gain understanding

Majority of the peeps don't need understanding, they need deliverance. Or maybe we wait for the Nigerian economy to improve. Dat na one reason some peeps are tithing recklessly.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:
Majority of the peeps don't need understanding, they need deliverance. Or maybe we wait for the Nigerian economy to improve. Dat na one reason some peeps are tithing recklessly.

The best kind of deliverance is understanding my brother.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by trustman: 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
DrummaBoy:

The best kind of deliverance is understanding my brother.

Absolutely!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by dumoala(m): 12:15am On Dec 11, 2013
rudedough: [b]@dumo.ala

I have been waiting for your reply to confirm your nationality but since you haven't replied. Let me go ahead and show you what Malachi 3:7 meant by "The Descendants of Jacob". And just maybe you'll stop handpicking verses that suits your interest in the future.

But before we proceed, let's take a look at some biblical history and see who Jacob was.

Jacob was the father of 12 sons named accordingly:

Reuben
Simeon
LEVI --------- (PLEASE TAKE NOTE)
Judah
Dan
Naphtali
Gad
Asher
Issachar
Zebulun
Joseph
Benjamin.

God changed Jacob's name to "ISRAEL".

Genesis 32:29
"Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

Genesis 35:10
"God said to him, “Your name is Jacob, but you will no longer be called Jacob; your name will be Israel.

The 12 tribes of Israel was named after Jacob's 12 sons, making Jacob the "ANCESTOR" of the Israelite.

After Moses rescued the Israelites from the hands of Pharaoh, God made the LEVITES Priests.

Deuteronomy 18:2
"They shall have no inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them."

Now if "THE DESCENDANTS OF JACOB" meant the entire "ISRAELITES" and there are 12 tribes in Israel, of which only 1 tribe (THE LEVITES) is entitled to receive tithes;

Which one of "The Israelite Tribes" are you from?

Your swift response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
[/b]

Sir, God moved all the covenants and promises from the Jews to the Christian Church. The “new covenant” giving to Israel (Jer.31: 31-37) was therefore fulfilled by Christian Church. Please note that “not all descendant of Israel belong to Israel” (Rom. 9:6) because they rejected the “new covenant” of our Lord Jesus Christ. Israel refers to all those who obey the new covenant of our Lord Jesus Christ, who are thereby called the true children of Abraham (Gal. 6:29). Church is now “the Israel of God” (Gal. 6:16). Israel denotes only those who are Christians, and Christians are the inheritors of the covenants and blessings giving to Abraham and his descendants. So the church is Israel and Israel as you now know is the church.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 2:41am On Dec 11, 2013
dumo.ala:

Sir, God moved all the covenants and promises from the Jews to the Christian Church. The “new covenant” giving to Israel (Jer.31: 31-37) was therefore fulfilled by Christian Church. Please note that “not all descendant of Israel belong to Israel” (Rom. 9:6) because they rejected the “new covenant” of our Lord Jesus Christ. Israel refers to all those who obey the new covenant of our Lord Jesus Christ, who are thereby called the true children of Abraham (Gal. 6:29). Church is now “the Israel of God” (Gal. 6:16). Israel denotes only those who are Christians, and Christians are the inheritors of the covenants and blessings giving to Abraham and his descendants. So the church is Israel and Israel as you now know is the church.

Why are we talking Algebra and Calculus but you talking Hispanic? Why?

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2013
dumo.ala:

Sir, God moved all the covenants and promises from the Jews to the Christian Church. The “new covenant” giving to Israel (Jer.31: 31-37) was therefore fulfilled by Christian Church. Please note that “not all descendant of Israel belong to Israel” (Rom. 9:6) because they rejected the “new covenant” of our Lord Jesus Christ. [b]Israel refers to all those who obey the new covenant of our Lord Jesus Christ, who are thereby called the true children of Abraham (Gal. 6:29). Church is now “the Israel of God” (Gal. 6:16). Israel denotes only those who are Christians, and Christians are the inheritors of the covenants and blessings giving to Abraham and his descendants. So the church is Israel [/b]and Israel as you now know is the church.

Sometimes when you interpret the bible, I wonder if you're truly a Pastor. When I get back home, we shall discuss the verses you just misinterpreted... again. But let me give you a food for thought to ponder on using your logic....

If ISRAEL is now the CHRISTIAN CHURCH and the CHRISTIAN CHURCH means ALL CHRISTIANS;

Who is to receive the tithes when everyone is equal and there are no more "LEVITES"?

Ponder on this until I return. It's busy time now grin

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 10:14am On Dec 11, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Response to response M1 It is very important that we stick to the bible and avoid analogies that deflect the issue from its context. For one, Abram can never be likened to a lawyer- a lawyer is hired labourer, paid for his service, not Abram. Also, using a thief or carjacker as comparisms is totally false- a thief is a thief, Abram was not a thief and should not be compared with one. Abram is a man of a high moral standing and should not be compared with a thief. Abram went to battle and recovered spoils, he didn’t break into any one’s house- don’t compare!
You obviously have not refuted the fact that spoils of war belong to the victor.Num31:18,Josh8:7,iisam23:10. Spoils are the legal entitlement of the conquering army by biblical rules of engagments, Deut 20:13-14.And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: 14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee. God commanded these isrealites to take spoils, Joshua, his army take spoils, David soldier took spoils, they were never compared or likened with thieves, What makes Abram’s case different? The spoils rightly belonged to Abram, or else Abram would be a thief, tithing from stolen goods-NO. Futhermore, Abram couldn’t have given the possessions taken from five kings (see Gen 14:cool to Bera only if he had no authority over it, that would amount to “robbing peter to pay paul” and Abram is no robber. We will not surely agree that Bera, king of Sodom still saw the goods as his property, except bera was a coveteous, greedy man, thinking of collecting the wealth of five other kings.
Your introductory statement which says, ‘Abram gave tithes to Melchizedek from the spoils gotten from the war to rescue his Nephew,…’ is utterly false, the bible says in Heb7:4, ‘ ..Abraham gave the tenth [tithe] OF THE SPOILS.’, NOT FROM THE SPOILS as you asserted, the difference between the two is clear. Anyways, the issue still is, who owns the spoil?
The wicked men and sons of Belial in Isam30:22 were not called such because they wanted to claim the spoils as you wrongly claimed. The Isrealite knows that spoils are meant for conquerors from battle according to Deut20:14, they simply wanted to enforce the normal principle. If you say they were wrong in thinking so, see how David (the captain of the army, who like Abram should claim the spoil) distributed the spoils. 1 Sam 30:26-31: 26 And when David came to Ziklag, he sent of the spoil unto the elders of Judah, even to his friends, saying, Behold a present for you of the spoil of the enemies of the LORD; Oh if he didn’t claim it what else? See the other distributions-27 To them which were in Bethel, and to them which were in south Ramoth, and to them which were in Jattir,28 And to them which were in Aroer, and to them which were in Siphmoth, and to them which were in Eshtemoa,29 And to them which were in Rachal, and to them which were in the cities of the Jerahmeelites, and to them which were in the cities of the Kenites,30 And to them which were in Hormah, and to them which were in Chor-ashan, and to them which were in Athach,31 And to them which were in Hebron, and to all the places where David himself and his men were wont to haunt. ABRAM GAVE TITHES OF HIS OWN PROPERTY-THE SPOILS HE COLLECTED FROM BATTLE, WHICH BY EVERY LEGAL STANDING WERE HIS Claiming it or not were his descrectionary decision. God Bless. End

The above quote is from the other Tithe discussion thread that we have been asked to refrain from posting on. Since we can't post on it and the above post is loaded with so many lies and mis representations I cannot just allow it to go unchallenged thus I decided to refute it here.

This is one of the posts that makes me wonder whether lying to defend denominational doctrine is a virtue amongst certain groups of 'christians'. Contrary to the false impression that rhymejohn was trying to give nowhere did Mark Miwerds refer to Abraham as a thief, telling this deliberate lie against him is to me a deliberate manipulative act to inspire sentiments against him and draw away from the substance of his post. Also the so called war booty that this dishonest character is trying to twist to be Abraham's Legal property was never Abraham's property. Abraham merely helped the King of Sodom to recover his property lost in a previous battle and he did the honourable thing by returning it to him after giving 10% to the King of salem who came to bless him with bread and wine on his return based on the babylonian custom of that time were Abraham originated from.

The above arguments not withstanding, tithers still fail to explain why christians must tithe of money from their regular income based on this one off voluntary tithe of Abraham that was NEVER instructed we emulate neither was it requested by Jesus(our high priest) nor preached /practised by the apostles who were mandated by Jesus to establish the christian faith.

I reiterate, it is extremely dishonest, manipulative, evil, callous and fraudulent to teach that christians must tithe out of their income based on this Abraham's one off voluntary example that we were NEVER asked to emulate.

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2013
I am of the opinion that proving that the war spoils belonged to Abraham is not a justification for a doctrinal position that Abtraham tithed on his possessions.

Even the response to the response above agree that the the spoils from war, which they argue is Abraham's possessions, were still war spoils. The point here is that what are Christians to tithe today? War spoils which they do not have. Or their income, which Abraham did not tithe.

Candour and Mark had shown that the act of giving to Melchizedek was to honor a great man. An act that will proveixo prophetic in the years to come to show the inferiority of the Aaronic priesthood to that of Melchizedek and Christ.

But the discuss is still on; I am sure some of those points will still come to fore.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2013
I think the Pro-tithers cannot present substantial facts to back-up their stand.

What they're doing now is hand picking verses from the bible and emphasizing on it. It's becoming boring to me cos i haven't read any logical explanation as to why the Pro-tithers still tithe.

But since i don't have any religious affiliation, i go just dey observe from far. wink grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
Goshen360:

Why are we talking Algebra and Calculus but you talking Hispanic? Why?
The guy raised great points and you are talking gibberish... grin grin grin. Grow up pal.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by miqos02(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
@all, DO you pay tithe or you give tithe?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bidam: The guy raised great points and you are talking gibberish... grin grin grin. Grow up pal.

Off course, you can't see the difference, you just reading. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Another Catholic Priest Starts 'no Pvc No Entry'. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Accused Of Faking Miracles In South Africa (2016) / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.