Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31293 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Goshen360:

Off course, you can't see the difference, you just reading. grin
ofcos, i saw it. Unlike you am no hypocrite. grin

The only part i don't agree with him was in saying the gentiles replaced Israel.Scripture never implied,inferred or remotely say what he insinuated.

We gentiles as Paul rightly said were grafted into the commonwealth of Israel since Christ has gone to the cross and tore the veil hence breaking the dividing wall between the Jews and gentiles. Hence there is neither jew nor gentile we are all one in Christ.Galatians 3:28

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bidam: ofcos, i saw it. Unlike you am no hypocrite. grin

The only part i don't agree with him was in saying the gentiles replaced Israel.Scripture never implied,inferred or remotely say what he insinuated.

We gentiles as Paul rightly said were grafted into the commonwealth of Israel since Christ has gone to the cross and tore the veil hence breaking the dividing wall between the Jews and gentiles. Hence there is neither jew nor gentile we are all one in Christ.Galatians 3:28

I will soon expose again, (like I did exposed the deception of Malachi devourer and storehouse) the deception of "tithing BY FAITH" which is the new modus operandi now for you tithe teachers.

What is Faith? Hebrews 11:1

So tithe teachers are now saying we tithe by FAITH assurance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Goshen360:

I will soon expose again, (like I did exposed the deception of Malachi devourer and storehouse) the deception of "tithing BY FAITH" which is the new modus operandi now for you tithe teachers.

So tithe teachers are now saying we tithe by FAITH assurance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

You know these people are ... I don't know... chameleon-ish in nature.

If people should tithe by "FAITH", then why threatening them with Malachi 3:8-9?

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin
You see how you dey shoot yoursef abi? grin

“While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18 AV).

If you give your offerings in church, are you giving it to an Eternal God or to men?

Hebrews 11:4 tells us, "By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain." If God could collect offerings of Abel by faith, how much more our tithes. cheesy

Philippians 4:18 (ESV)

18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God.

If Paul could commend the tithes and offerings(gifts) he received from the Philippians and say it is a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God(he cannot see) by Faith. That means it is very much scriptural to tithe by Faith.

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bidam: You see how you dey shoot yoursef abi? grin

“While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18 AV).

If you give your offerings in church, are you giving it to an Eternal God or to men?

Hebrews 11:4 tells us, "By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain." If God could collect offerings of Abel by faith, how much more our tithes. cheesy

18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God.

If Paul could commend the tithes and offerings(gifts) he received from the Philippians and say it is a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God(he cannot see) by Faith. That means it is very much scriptural to tithe by Faith.

I can't just stop laughing at this your maneuvering. Abel, offered SACRIFICE...you said he God collected the OFFERING of Abel by FAITH.

2. Where did Paul collected TITHE AND OFFERING from Philippians and commended it? shocked

In fact, Hebrews 11:1 agrees with 2 cor. 4:18....EVIDENCE...things NOT SEEN...ETERNAL. Stop panel-beating scriptures.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by miqos02(m): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bidam: You see how you dey shoot yoursef abi? grin

[color=#990000 but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18 AV).[/i][/color]

If Paul could commend the tithes and offerings(gifts) he received from the Philippians
and say it is a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God(he cannot see) by Faith. That means it is very much scriptural to tithe by Faith.
sir paul did not recieve tithes anywhere in the bible

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Goshen360:

I can't just stop laughing at this your maneuvering. Abel, offered SACRIFICE...you said he God collected the OFFERING of Abel by FAITH.
no twisting there. Cain also offered his own was it received? Maybe Cain had no faith it was God receiving just like some of you always thinking your offerings are to men not to God.
2. Where did Paul collected TITHE AND OFFERING from Philippians and commended it?
Ok i concede tithe wasn't mentioned. It was stated gifts which can be tithes,offerings,support,etc etc.. the point here is that PAUL STATED THESE GIVINGS WERE NOT TO him BUT TO God.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bidam:

no twisting there. Cain also offered his own was it received? Maybe Cain had no faith it was God receiving just like some of you always thinking your offerings are to men not to God.

Ok i concede tithe wasn't mentioned. It was stated gifts which can be tithes,offerings,support,etc etc.. the point here is that PAUL STATED THESE GIVINGS WERE NOT TO him BUT TO God.

1. Bidam, sacrifices and offerings in scripture means different things. You should know that by now.

2. If tithe wasn't mentioned, why did you inferred what wasn't mentioned into scripture? I could also use that verse and say gift means collecting from armed robbers and shaddy business, it's all gift.

The point is, everywhere IN SCRIPTURE tithe is taught, it was mentioned. Do not read into scripture what it doesn't say. It's dangerous. Gift is gift sent to people in appreciation of the receiver, tithe is a commandment.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
miqos02: sir paul did not recieve tithes anywhere in the bible
Of cos Paul had to Rob other churches of their support to serve the carnal Corinthians who were self seeking and self centered. I hope you pay your tithes to your local assembly so as to ease their burden. You sure are robbing God not men. cheesy

2 Corinthians 11:8
I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
Goshen360:

1. Bidam, sacrifices and offerings in scripture means different things. You should know that by now.
READ ROM 12:1,PHIL 4:18 I QUOTED. Did Apostle Paul tell you they were different?
2. If tithe wasn't mentioned, why did you inferred what wasn't mentioned into scripture? I could also use that verse and say gift means collecting from armed robbers and shaddy business, it's all gift.
You people already inferred that tithing are agric produce, why not gifts Paul mentioned here?
The point is, everywhere IN SCRIPTURE tithe is taught, it was mentioned. Do not read into scripture what it doesn't say. It's dangerous. Gift is gift sent to people in appreciation of the receiver, tithe is a commandment.
Na una dey twist scripture pass na..see wahala.. Is Abraham tithe a command?

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
@ Bidam, you better go use your concordance before I enter Hebrew\Greek with you now. grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin
bros u no go kill me for Nl wiuh laughter o. In other words, their god, na ecomog bank. Kalo kalo or is it d one the prophet delights/knows very well, 'ponzi'?

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by miqos02(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bidam: Of cos Paul had to Rob other churches of their support to serve the carnal Corinthians who were self seeking and self centered. I hope you pay your tithes to your local assembly so as to ease their burden. You sure are robbing God not men. cheesy

please can you differenciate between the words PAY and GIVE

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bidam: Of cos Paul had to Rob other churches of their support to serve the carnal Corinthians who were self seeking and self centered. I hope you pay your tithes to your local assembly so as to ease their burden. You sure are robbing God not men. cheesy

[b]If you want to lie about the bible, lie in another thread cos this one has been hijacked by religion scholars.

Apostle Paul was a missionary of the early Christian Church, he made long missionary journeys throughout the Roman Empire planting churches and preaching the gospel. He traveled through the Nile River all over Israel, Judea, Samaria, Phoenicia, and Syria. He extended east to the Euphrates River and North to the Black Sea, traveling through Bethlehem, Egypt, Nazareth to Jerusalem. But he never asked a Penny from anyone who listened to his gospels.

In 2 Corinthians 11:8; Apostle Paul wasn't literally saying he robbed other churches, that's a ridiculous interpretation. He was telling his members that he Preach the gospel without charge so he doesn't become a burden to anyone.

Your handpicked verse seems so because you choose to cut out the rest of the story and pick one verse that supports your propaganda. Now read the complete verses for your understanding.

2 Corinthians 11:6-9 "6 But even if I am unskilled in speech, yet I am not so in knowledge; in fact, in every way we have made this evident to you in all things. 7 Or did I commit a sin in humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you without charge? 8 I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you. 9 And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so"

The other Churches he was talking about, he planted them. Do you know that Apostle Paul had a job? A far cry for these modern day thievery Pastors.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

2 Thessalonians 3:8 We never accepted food from anyone without paying for it. We worked hard day and night so we would not be a burden to any of you.

1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

Apostle Paul never demanded for Offerings, Tithes, Pastor Thanks Giving, Seed Sowing, Church Building Donation, Harvest Levy and other fraudulent charges levied upon the poor unsuspecting congregation. The church was funded through voluntary donations and the Bible never anywhere mentioned that the Church was funded through tithes and offerings.

You guys should repent of these evil acts and get yourselves a honest job like Apostle Paul and everyone else.
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
miqos02:
please can you differenciate between the words PAY and GIVE
I think this is what an atheist needs for now. undecided

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
rudedough:

[b]If you want to lie about the bible, lie in another thread cos this one has been hijacked by religious scholars.

Apostle Paul was a missionary of the early Christian Church, he made long missionary journeys throughout the Roman Empire planting churches and preaching the gospel. He traveled through the Nile River all over Israel, Judea, Samaria, Phoenicia, and Syria. He extended east to the Euphrates River and North to the Black Sea, Bethlehem, Egypt, through Nazareth and to Jerusalem. But he never asked a Penny from anyone who listened to his gospels.

In 2 Corinthians 11:8; Apostle Paul wasn't literally saying he robbed other churches, that's a ridiculous interpretation. He was telling his members that he Preach the gospel without charge so he doesn't become a burden to anyone.

Your handpicked verse seems so because you choose to cut out the rest of the story and pick one verse that supports your propaganda. Now read the complete verses for your understanding.

2 Corinthians 11:6-9 "6 But even if I am unskilled in speech, yet I am not so in knowledge; in fact, in every way we have made this evident to you in all things. 7 Or did I commit a sin in humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you without charge? 8 I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you. 9 And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so"

The other Churches he was talking about, he planted them. Do you know that Apostle Paul had a job? A far cry for these modern day thievery Pastors.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

2 Thessalonians 3:8 We never accepted food from anyone without paying for it. We worked hard day and night so we would not be a burden to any of you.

1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

Apostle Paul never demanded for Offerings, Tithes, Pastor Thanks Giving, Seed Sowing, Church Building Donation, Harvest Levy and other fraudulent charges levied upon the poor unsuspicious congregation. The church was funded through voluntary donations and the Bible never anywhere mentioned that the Church was funded through tithes and offerings.

You guys should repent of these evil acts and get yourselves a honest job like everyone else.
[/b]
I strongly believe this is what you need now.

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bidam: I think this is what an atheist needs for now. undecided

Amen.

Now these are the kind of things Christians say to Atheists that brings about the degrading of their God.

Why will you call Atheists sinners? What have we done as sin?

Because we don't believe in your Jesus makes us sinners?

What about the Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus, Rastafarian.. are they sinners too?

Bro what's your problem? Keep your religion to yourself, you can't force other people to share in your belief.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
rudedough:

Now these are the kind of things Christians say to Atheists [s]that brings about the degrading of their God.[/s]

Why will you call Atheists sinners? What have they done as sin?

Because they don't believe in your Jesus makes them sinners?

What about the Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus, Rastafarian.. are they sinners too?

Bro what's your problem? Keep your religion to yourself, you shouldn't force other people to share in your belief.

Thanks
ALL are hell bound except they accept Christ as their Lord and saviour.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 ESV

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God

Ephesians 2:2 ESV

In which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—

It's high time you repent and believe the gospel. It becomes my problem because God says at the time of ignorance He overlooked but now calls on you to repent.

Acts 17:30-31

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

30 In the past people did not understand God, and he overlooked this. But now he is telling everyone in the world to change and turn to him. 31 He has decided on a day when he will judge all the people in the world in a way that is fair. To do this he will use a man he chose long ago. And he has proved to everyone that this is the man to do it. He proved it by raising him from death!”

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bidam: ALL are hell bound except they accept Christ as their Lord and saviour.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 ESV

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God

Ephesians 2:2 ESV

In which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—

It's high time you repent and believe the gospel. It becomes my problem because God says at the time of ignorance He overlooked but now calls on you to repent.

Acts 17:30-31

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

30 In the past people did not understand God, and he overlooked this. But now he is telling everyone in the world to change and turn to him. 31 He has decided on a day when he will judge all the people in the world in a way that is fair. To do this he will use a man he chose long ago. And he has proved to everyone that this is the man to do it. He proved it by raising him from death!”

I know you're trying your best to derail this thread after I pointed out your folly attempt to twist the bible. grin grin

I forgive you Bro. cool

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
rudedough:

I know you're trying your best to derail this thread after I've pointed out your folly attempt to twist the bible. grin grin

I forgive you Bro. cool
I pointed your blindness that's all. I am actually doing you a disservice if i do not preach Christ to you. I am sorry that my brothers(antithers) are overzealous in their defense not to show you the way to life everlasting.Apologies on their behalf.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bidam: I pointed your blindness that's all. I am actually doing you a disservice if i do not preach Christ to you. I am sorry that my brothers(antithers) are overzealous in their defense not to show you the way to life everlasting.Apologies on their behalf.

I understand your disgruntlement. It must have been very difficult and unbearable for you to have an Atheist teaching you the bible. grin

Nicodemus was disgruntled too, but he still sneaked out at night to meet Jesus in secret. (John 3:1-21)

And Jesus asked him “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you don’t understand these things?" (John 3:10)

So i ask you Pastor Bidam and Pastor Dumo, Are you guys truly Pastors and yet you don’t know the bible?" grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
DrummaBoy:
The best kind of deliverance is understanding my brother.

Well, if this makes you happy I want to respond to the presentation: R2 Our tithing is in the belief that the law of God is truth and should be regarded

I think Image123 started very well when he said….”What is our foundation for obedience? Actions are motivated in many ways, actions have different reasons. i've seen people pray because they were forced to. i've also seen people fast so that something evil will happen to another. i've seen people read the word of God to find holes and contradictions. i believe in the three actions above; prayer, fasting and reading the word of God. On the other hand, i disagree with the three motives or reasons above. These three scenarios show that the ACTION should not be condemned for (because of) the reason/motive of the actor. This is a treatment often meted out on the TITHE. Different people have their reasons for doing things. We do not all have the same reasons for salvation or believing God. i think the more important thing is that we are saved and believe God.” This part I agree with. What image123 forgot to tell us was the motive for his actions (tithing). I will explain…….

.....First I want to say am very happy to read image confirm that tithe is part of the law, and it is not an eternal principle smiley......

Image123:
Why do we give tithe? What is our foundation for obedience? Actions are motivated in many ways, actions have different reasons. i've seen people pray because they were forced to. i've also seen people fast so that something evil will happen to another. i've seen people read the word of God to find holes and contradictions. i believe in the three actions above; prayer, fasting and reading the word of God. On the other hand, i disagree with the three motives or reasons above. These three scenarios show that the ACTION should not be condemned for(because of) the reason/motive of the actor. This is a treatment often meted out on the TITHE. Different people have their reasons for doing things. We do not all have the same reasons for salvation or believing God.

Image123 talked about motive and action, he stated that motive can be wrong (i.e. contrary to God’s will or what is considered acceptable to God), but wrong motive does not imply the action itself is wrong, this I agree with. But what is the motive for tithing? He says it’s because “God's Word is to be regarded, and that ALL of God's Word is inspired by God and profitable “. What is/are the profits to be derived from tithing your income? If we ignore the motive which is the basis for every action/inaction then the action is meaningless. Can the motive for an action be simply because you do not disregard the law? Is that not saying the person does not understand what he/she is doing? Why am I not disregarding the law that says “thou shall not kill”? is it because I see it as something inspired by God and profitable? Such motive makes no sense. There can only be two genuine reasons or motive, the first is that I believe killing will earn me God’s wrath along with the punishment that goes with it (this justification is for lovers of the law). The second possible motive would be that I consider the act of killing a morally repugnant behavior (one that is inconsistent or incompatible with my new nature in Christ). The law must have a purpose otherwise it is of no relevance or use to the issuer or the people the law is meant to regulate. Image123 tells us the “The law of God is not with the purpose of saving us or justifying us or making us become righteous! It is basically not useful for that purpose”. So what is the purpose of the law?

Image123 says one use of the law is “To examine yourself, to see your state”. No issues if you want use the law for such purpose. If the law serve such purpose, can we say the action of tithing (which image has agreed is God’s law and is truth) is for the purpose of examining ourselves, to see our state? Maybe there is no reason, the tither is on auto pilot mode (running programs designed and executed by the pastor).

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Image123:
i can safely forget everything else and go home, knowing that God's law is the truth. Jesus Christ said the same thing BTW; Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. .............. Because it is truth and light, it should be respected and regarded.

Image123 says God’s law is the truth, no problem with that. The question I want to ask is this; what is the truth regarding the tithe?
1. Is it true that God will not rebuke the devourer (for Christians that don’t tithe)?
2. Is it truth that the tithe must be go to the Church you worship (knowing that knowing that Abraham did not pay tithe in a temple or knowing that there was no temple or priest to receive Jacob’s tithe),
3. Is it true that God’s law regarding tithe encompasses the following; the tithing of pocket money, the tithing of gifts, the tithing of income from prostitution, robbery, fraud money ritual e.t.c if the answer is no, then what is the truth regarding what is tithe-able and what is not tithe-able. I am yet to hear a sermon that teaches tithe other than it is 10%.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
Image123:
We cannot or should not dismiss any Word of God with a wave of the hand. The wave of the hand dismissal is very common with the Old Testament scripture, and is even done to some new testament scriptures. This ought not to be so. To show the immense importance of the Old Testament scriptures and how rooted the new testament books are in the old testament scriptures, nearly all the 39 books are quoted in the new testament. Let me give to the best of my knowledge, an example of at least 30 books regarded and respected in the New Testament.

Image123 says “We cannot or should not dismiss any Word of God with a wave of the hand”. Though am not aware of anybody dismissing the OT with a wave of the hand other than the purpose for which the OT is being used, I will have to agree with image123 on this. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says that “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work”. It did not say we (as Christians) should implement all that is written (in the O.T). Image123 provided 30 examples to “show the immense importance of the Old Testament scriptures and how rooted the New Testament books are in the Old Testament scriptures” Yes image123 showed that the O.T was important and should be respected (this we already know), but he did not show how this teaches us to implement every word in the O.T and how this teaches or prove that we should implement all that is written (i.e. tithe), which I believe is the ’koko’ of the discussion. We need to be able to link what is written to what we do.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
Image123:
The law of the LORD is perfect. We should never think that it was perfect before, and imperfect now. The law of the LORD is perfect. It is so perfect that God promised to put it in His children in our time.
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

I will put my laws into their hearts. This is God's will and wish.
Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
Psa 94:12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
Psa 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Pro 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Though i did not see the relevance of this bit in the discussion but..

Image123 made reference to God saying that “I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them” – Hebrews 10:16 but again shows that he does not understand what it means for the law to be written on the heart…..

What does it mean for the law to be written on the heart? If the law is written on your heart, your obedience is no longer a response to some external or written law; instead you obey the leading of your heart. But we know that the heart has the ability to bring forth all that is evil, see Matthew 15:17-19 …. “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

The law written on the heart results in a change which can only be achieved when/if we allow Christ to lead our heart. It becomes a nature; i.e. your response to the God’s will or to what is good and acceptable to God becomes a natural reaction and not a reaction to an external command or requirement. Read Apostle Paul saying something similar in Romans 2:14-15…..
“Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.”

The law written on the heart is not about implementing or obeying the law to tithe, it is about living according to the purpose or reason the commandment was given; which was to ensure sustenance of the Levites (they did not inherit land, the tithe was their inheritance) as well the widows, orphans e.t.c. As Christians we are able to perform similar acts (give to those in need) because we have a heart that loves. We are no longer regulated by a law that says “you shall” or “you must”, now your heart will say “I shall” and the beauty of it is that there is no limit and it is not measurable, it is no longer 10% or 20% because sharing love in percentages for me is not true love.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
So image123 says the motive for Christians rendering 10% of their income (a.k.a. tithing) is because they believe that the law of God is truth and should be regarded. I want to say such justification is not held by majority of tithers and such justification is held only by those that want to deceive themselves. God cannot be deceived smiley

END grin

i believe am also allowed to 'end' my presentation, abi?

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Zikkyy: So image123 says the motive for Christians rendering 10% of their income (a.k.a. tithing) is because they believe that the law of God is truth and should be regarded. I want to say such justification is not held by majority of tithers and such justification is held only by those that want to deceive themselves. God cannot be deceived smiley

END grin

i believe am also allowed to 'end' my presentation, abi?

Thank you very much Zikky for that expose. This is exactly what I requested for, so that the discussion thread itself could be wholly given to the discussion alone. I hope you find someone to offer a rebuttal for your "presentation". lol!!

They have only 12 hour, at most, to do that.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 13, 2013
Image123: To the moderators

It seems it is our turn to be 'amazed', this time at the silence of the moderators as our fellow discussants are bravenly flouting the thread rules.
Yeah..they were even hiding my comments while allowing antithers to comment freely on their thread.
Image123: All they do is disregard it, belittle it and mock it.
i do hope the moderators do not just gloss over them or thank them for it, if indeed there are rules agreed to in the first page.
What do you think you will be expecting when the moderator himself is an antither.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 6:16am On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Yeah..they were even hiding my comments while allowing antithers to comment freely on their thread.
What do you think you will be expecting when the moderator himself is an antither.

Same for my comment too. Maybe it was an unconscious biase grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by miqos02(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: I think this is what an atheist needs for now. undecided

Amen.
bro,i am a believer in all you wrote so there is no point saying them, but please address the issues raised. i.e difference between "PAY and GIVE"
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 13, 2013
miqos02: bro,i am a believer in all you wrote so there is no point saying them, but please address the issues raised. i.e difference between "PAY and GIVE"
Quote the translations that renders it. You don't just throw an open ended questions into the air without giving us the proper context you are coming from.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2013
@all. I will post a comprehensive response/rebutal to Image123/R positions. In my own position, I believe that any christian who PAY TITHE IS COMMING SIN, and all the tithe collectors, are THIEVES. Details in my presentation. **watch out**

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Another Catholic Priest Starts 'no Pvc No Entry'. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Accused Of Faking Miracles In South Africa (2016) / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.