Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (26387 Views)

ASUU Ready to Call-Off Strike Next Week - Fagge / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Message From ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
kel4soft:

Apparently more interested in this:

An ikwere man can't be the next rivers gov.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
agabaI23: Unfortunately, they have! See below

Another high ranking official (an associate prof) who stayed away from exams, in fact a faculty ASUU rep I heard has signed to resume work while some his co-travellers were still thinking they are together.

I can tell you authoritatively that most ASUU members are tired of this treadmill!

Dream on bro.
4th is 2 days away.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by agabaI23(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Demdem:

Dream on bro.
4th is 2 days away.
No it is just tommorrow bro.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
agabaI23:
No it is just tommorrow bro.

It's even better.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by ThankGodEdeh(m): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU, go and die....
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by KwoiZabo(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU is cheating on other sectors of the economy. They claim they want to make the Universities compete with their counterparts in the rest of the world but i want to ask ASUU is our Public Infrastructure, Police (security), power supply, Healthcare, and even primary and secondary education (which i consider more important than university education) competing with the rest of the world? We cannot grow our universities at the expense of other sectors, all sectors must grow together and I know since the inception of this Administration, tertiary education has received more than a fair share of the Nation's resources. God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by hydrazone: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
KwoiZabo: ASUU is cheating on other sectors of the economy. They claim they want to make the Universities compete with their counterparts in the rest of the world but i want to ask ASUU is our Public Infrastructure, Police (security), power supply, Healthcare, and even primary and secondary education (which i consider more important than university education) competing with the rest of the world? We cannot grow our universities at the expense of other sectors, all sectors must grow together and I know since the inception of this Administration, tertiary education has received more than a fair share of the Nation's resources. God Bless Nigeria
And which sector will supply the required manpower for those sectors you listed?
As they say, if you feel education is expensive,try ignorance!

12 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Swiftboy(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Jenams: ASUU it will neva be well wit u people! I'm a young guy of 26, sponsorin myself for Msc in uniben, I used my hard earned money to rent a self contain in benin, around january dis year, wit d hope to round up my course work by october and leave d apartment, cos I can start doin project frm delta where I reside. But now una don waste my rent, my landlord is waitin for anoda 1year rentage frm me. So annoyin.
young man...I feel your pain! You're cursing the good guys here...go curse the government!

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by missshawry: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
Jenams: ASUU it will neva be well wit u people! I'm a young guy of 26, sponsorin myself for Msc in uniben, I used my hard earned money to rent a self contain in benin, around january dis year, wit d hope to round up my course work by october and leave d apartment, cos I can start doin project frm delta where I reside. But now una don waste my rent, my landlord is waitin for anoda 1year rentage frm me. So annoyin.
my dear dt cause shuld be fr FG nt ASUU k

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Swiftboy(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
KwoiZabo: ASUU is cheating on other sectors of the economy. They claim they want to make the Universities compete with their counterparts in the rest of the world but i want to ask ASUU is our Public Infrastructure, Police (security), power supply, Healthcare, and even primary and secondary education (which i consider more important than university education) competing with the rest of the world? We cannot grow our universities at the expense of other sectors, all sectors must grow together and I know since the inception of this Administration, tertiary education has received more than a fair share of the Nation's resources. God Bless Nigeria
Its your opinion but its a show off of your ignorance...investing in the mind of the youths will bring high returns to the nation in other sectors cos we want the bright minds to handle things!
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by tpapi: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
Demdem:

But the fool sits through all GDI meetings.
only fools talk like dis

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Mathewjoseph: 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU own self 2much ah ah which kain nonsense be this!
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by madnigerian: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU should call off the strike......and government should increase funding for education......

If the Government cannot increase funding for education, then they should tell us so that we can prepare to pay increased taxes and increased fees to maintain the schools at world class levels because , honestly, oil prices are falling, and the oil money is not enough to sustain the level of funding needed to make our schools.....universities, secondary and primary schools to function effectively
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
bu' what's dis 1 saying
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by wogorparadise: 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

Channel it to Fed Govt not ASUU!
na fedral govt dey strike?
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Arabambi1: 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2013

I feel your pain but your curse and anger should be directed at the FG not ASUU. ASUU may be fighting for their interest and pocket, politicians are fighting for their account towards 2015. ASUU personal interest can still impact on the generality of the students,; but can you say the same thing about the politicians' interest?

5 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by AMALOSHE: 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
slimghost:
Maybe ASUU is taking the presidents humility and meekness for stupidity and weakness. It is getting obvious that they have lost public sympathy! Our children have been at home for 6 months now for christ's sake! To hell with ASUU and the FG!
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by ZackiGp(m): 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Demdem:

Wellsaid. The more reason why it will be extremely foolish for ASUU to go back to classes now. Jonathan isn't sincere.
you need to go for sanity check up.
I also guess you are suffering frm cleft palate and halitosis.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Arabambi1: 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
hydrazone:
And which sector will supply the required manpower for those sectors you listed?
As they say, if you feel education is expensive,try ignorance!

@ hydrazone; thumb up. What a parochial thinking. I fear for the way our people dey reason
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Sarcoc: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Plenty idiots dey this country called Nigeria. Look at you guys supporting ASUU and it's reckless use of a critical tool (strike). 5 months on strike - this is share recklessness and bad will.

One of you here should tell me where else in the world "no confidence in government" has been accepted as a legitimate reason to go on strike!!

No wonder the graduates in Nigeria turn out below standard. If their so called lecturers are such idiots.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by creativemusic: 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin money na proble oooooooooooo, FG you too, pay the money to ASUU and let us rest jooooooooooooooooooooooo is you are sure ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by bakynes(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Its obvious Jonathan and wike are up to something coz I don't see the big deal in asking the Attorney General of the Federation to sign the agreement like they do for contractors.Its obvious they have emptied the country's purse. Anyway all these doesn't change anything abt the jonathan administration to some parts of the country even if he comes out openly and say he has no plan for Nigeria, they will still vote him coz he is our son, na our Oyel money.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by bakynes(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Its obvious Jonathan and wike are up to something coz I don't see the big deal in asking the Attorney General of the Federation to sign the agreement like they do for contractors.Its obvious they have emptied the countries purse. Anyway all these doesn't change anything abt the jonathan administration to some parts of the country even if he comes out openly and say he has no plan for Nigeria, they will still vote him coz he is our son, na our Oyel money.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by GboyegaD(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
slimghost:
Maybe ASUU is taking the presidents humility and meekness for stupidity and weakness. It is getting obvious that they have lost public sympathy! Our children have been at home for 6 months now for christ's sake! To hell with ASUU and the FG!

Is that the only issue that bother you? You don't know the number of graduates who are at home without jobs? Don't you think if the school gets better and people have hands on experience, they can come up with solutions that can help ease unemployment a bit if some of them start up something that they can live on?
I don't think ASUU needs the public sympathy if they really want to achieve what they set out to achieve.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by madnigerian: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sarcoc: Plenty idiots dey this country called Nigeria. Look at you guys supporting ASUU and it's reckless use of a critical tool (strike). 5 months on strike - this is share recklessness and bad will.

One of you here should tell me where else in the world "no confidence in government" has been accepted as a legitimate reason to go on strike!!

No wonder the graduates in Nigeria turn out below standard. If their so called lecturers are such idiots.

Well, the basic reason why ASUU iss till on strike is that they want government to pay ther salaries from the strike(wrong) as well as to start paying the money for university facilities(good).

I disagree with reason 1, but reason 2 makes a lot of sense.....if we are to avoid an increase in school fees in the next decade.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by AMALOSHE: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
It is better students stay 1yr @ home for this negligence on education by our insincere govt. to be settled once & for all,than rushing back to sch.only to turn out graduates whose Certificates are not accepted even in Benin republic 4 further studies!
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by dridowu: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
zopaks: ASUU Strike: Okupe says this governement has
shown committment. Have they had the chance to
meet any previous President before?
most useless point ever so because of ds dy shd call off d strike. okupe is hi
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by eagleeye2: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
mad nigerian: ASUU should call off the strike......and government should increase funding for education......

If the Government cannot increase funding for education, then they should tell us so that we can prepare to pay increased taxes and increased fees to maintain the schools at world class levels because , honestly, oil prices are falling, and the oil money is not enough to sustain the level of funding needed to make our schools.....universities, secondary and primary schools to function effectively
But the same falling oil prices sustains the expensive life styles of our ogas at the top.....
The same falling oil prices sustains the ridiculous amount paid out to senators....
the same falling oil prices sustains the ex militias like Tompolo and Asari Dokubo....
Please stop making excuses for the FG....

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by valentinegibbs(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
stupid govt....why not sign the damn thing
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by clip: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
valentine gibbs: stupid govt....why not sign the damn thing
Brother, it is not about signing the MOU with the attorney general that is the problem but what is the best practice.
If they shift it because of them today,will another union not captilalized on it. Example, militant amnesty now Boko haram.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by valentinegibbs(m): 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
lets be reasonable here.....what is the point of calling off a five months strike witout achieving the aim of the strike.....its better they fight for this once nd for all......lets nt judge them so quickly

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by madnigerian: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
eagle,eye:

But the same falling oil prices sustains the expensive life styles of our ogas at the top.....
The same falling oil prices sustains the ridiculous amount paid out to senators....
the same falling oil prices sustains the ex militias like Tompolo and Asari Dokubo....
Please stop making excuses for the FG....

I'm not excusing the government.

I am just stating a fact.....education is expensive, but both the government and the masses refuse to pay for it.

Thing is, it is going to take a lot more than the one trillion naira to make our universities world class.....and while we are on universities, our public secondary and primary schools are in a bad state. They need increased spending badly....and some of that money is going to come in increased fees if the government is not serious.

I happen to agree with those who say that ASUU's money demands are 'too much', but the problem is, if we all agree with that assumption, that will lead to increased fees, which most people won't be able to pay. So governmet needs to increase funding for education now.

And it is a shame that the source of the cash is just oil. We need to diversify, diversify!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accounting Degree Vs Accounting Education Degree / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee / UNILAG Hostel Balloting Begins Tommorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.