Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (26386 Views)

ASUU Ready to Call-Off Strike Next Week - Fagge / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Message From ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Starchitect: 11:23am On Dec 04, 2013
zopaks: ASUU Strike: Non-victimization clause is pointless
demand. Already by International Labour Laws,
nobody should be victimized for going on strike -
Okupe

Then government should sign it! No loss

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2013
Rilamaka:

News flash darling! This is Nigeria and not US. Once bitten twice shy....
That's what most individuals here on Nland..cant seen to fathom...
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds:
I can now conclude that you're on some high definition kind of weed... You should really consider suing your brains for non-support?..
Fine,but its better than blowing da pennywhistle from da arsse,way better than competing wit d hyenas to d laughs,far better than putting up ur finger cos others r doing same while u got nothin to say,not even sumthn wrong to show u made an effort,its better than swimming back when u half way to d lines cos u tired....n when i say stick that bloody pdf shiit up ur ranting arsse,i know u so dumb to read btwn d lines,do it da e way,that auto-independent talkin' arsse of urs,i bet,can pretty savvy...of course more than d fabric spongy tissue u gat upstairs...boots 2 d butts...
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by proffemi: 11:32am On Dec 04, 2013
agabaI23: According to Okupe, the FG wanted an MOU to be signed by both parties after the meeting but ASUU preferred letter of comfort (whatever that means). He said this before Fagge who did not counter it. That's the annoying part.
Fagge has said time and again that ASUU NEC does not have executive powers. They could not sign an MOU until they got the backing of the branches.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by ayili: 11:50am On Dec 04, 2013
ASUU strike: Federal government
extends ultimatum
58 minutes ago
Abuja - The Federal Government on
Monday extended the deadline for
striking university lecturers to resume
work to December 9.
The government had earlier ordered the
striking members of the Academic Staff
Union of Universities (ASUU) to resume
work on December 4.
The Executive Secretary of the National
Universities Commission (NUC), Prof.
Julius Okojie, announced the new date
while addressing journalists in Abuja on
Tuesday.
Okojie explained that the government
decided to shift the deadline after it
received notification of Prof. Festus
Iyayi's funeral rites slated for between
December 5 and 7.
Iyayi, former President of ASUU, died on
November 12 in auto crash in Lokoja on
his way to attend the association’s
meeting in Kano.
According to Okojie, the decision is also
to avoid a situation where government
and ASUU will have to deal with the
ultimatum during the funeral of the
former ASUU President.
“We just received information that the
burial rites of Festus Iyayi begins on the
December 5 and would last till December
7.Based on this information, government
decided to shift the resumption deadline
to December 9, to enable lecturers to
participate in the burial.”
The executive secretary said the directive
had been communicated to the various
universities Governing Councils and Vice
Chancellors for onward transmission to
the academic staff.
Okojie added that there was no intention
to victimise any lecturer for participating
in the strike.
He said the victimisation clause which
members of ASUU were using to
discredit the government, never came up
when the unionists met with President
Goodluck Jonathan on November 4.
On the N200billion Revitalisation Fund
which ASUU wanted government to
disburse within two weeks, Okojie said
the money had been deposited in an
account in the Central Bank of Nigeria.
He explained that the money could not
be disbursed based on ASUU's demand
because it was meant for capital
projects.
According to Okojie, the order does not
require students to commence lectures
immediately.
He said any lecturer who resumed work
after the expiration of the new deadline
would not have his or her salary arrears
paid.
Okojie said government, as employer of
labour, could not fold its arms while the
institutions remained shut at the
detriment of students.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/ASUU-strike-Federal-government-extends-ultimatum-20131204
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by tunex23: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
ayili: ASUU strike: Federal government
extends ultimatum
58 minutes ago
Abuja - The Federal Government on
Monday extended the deadline for
striking university lecturers to resume
work to December 9.
The government had earlier ordered the
striking members of the Academic Staff
Union of Universities (ASUU) to resume
work on December 4.
The Executive Secretary of the National
Universities Commission (NUC), Prof.
Julius Okojie, announced the new date
while addressing journalists in Abuja on
Tuesday.
Okojie explained that the government
decided to shift the deadline after it
received notification of Prof. Festus
Iyayi's funeral rites slated for between
December 5 and 7.
Iyayi, former President of ASUU, died on
November 12 in auto crash in Lokoja on
his way to attend the association’s
meeting in Kano.
According to Okojie, the decision is also
to avoid a situation where government
and ASUU will have to deal with the
ultimatum during the funeral of the
former ASUU President.
“We just received information that the
burial rites of Festus Iyayi begins on the
December 5 and would last till December
7.Based on this information, government
decided to shift the resumption deadline
to December 9, to enable lecturers to
participate in the burial.”
The executive secretary said the directive
had been communicated to the various
universities Governing Councils and Vice
Chancellors for onward transmission to
the academic staff.
Okojie added that there was no intention
to victimise any lecturer for participating
in the strike.
He said the victimisation clause which
members of ASUU were using to
discredit the government, never came up
when the unionists met with President
Goodluck Jonathan on November 4.
On the N200billion Revitalisation Fund
which ASUU wanted government to
disburse within two weeks, Okojie said
the money had been deposited in an
account in the Central Bank of Nigeria.
He explained that the money could not
be disbursed based on ASUU's demand
because it was meant for capital
projects.
According to Okojie, the order does not
require students to commence lectures
immediately.
He said any lecturer who resumed work
after the expiration of the new deadline
would not have his or her salary arrears
paid.
Okojie said government, as employer of
labour, could not fold its arms while the
institutions remained shut at the
detriment of students.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/ASUU-strike-Federal-government-extends-ultimatum-20131204
Good development, Now ASUU should wisely suspend the strike, I believe this is the best time. The permanent secetary of Fed Min of Edu should sign the agreement, that a enough beside all Students including nigerians are witness to the content of the agreement. So nothing to worry about ASUU. #teamASUU
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by agabaI23(m): 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
prof.femi:

Fagge has said time and again that ASUU NEC does not have executive powers. They could not sign an MOU until they got the backing of the branches.
Fine and good but they didn't indicate that they will want a signed agreement. They requested for a letter of comfort which I learnt was sent out without signing and they rejected it. They President himself called the Fagge to apologise. The letter was retrieved and signed.

They should have indicated their interest in signing an MOU even if at a later date but no they rejected it.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rexxie:
Fine,but its better than blowing da pennywhistle from da arsse,way better than competing wit d hyenas to d laughs,far better than putting up ur finger cos others r doing same while u got nothin to say,not even sumthn wrong to show u made an effort,its better than swimming back when u half way to d lines cos u tired....n when i say stick that bloody pdf shiit up ur ranting arsse,i know u so dumb to read btwn d lines,do it da e way,that auto-independent talkin' arsse of urs,i bet,can pretty savvy...of course more than d fabric spongy tissue u gat upstairs...boots 2 d butts...
One big load of Bullsh*t.... Plus you must be one AS$ rapin' S.O.B.. I cant begin' to phantom how gay you'd look...
The day you get to read somethin'.. and register an intelligent sentence.. that day I'd advice you come back to this thread, download the PDF file and read..
Then You'll know you've read somethin' and no one can take that away from you...

Or you can just Hang yourself.. Seems the easy way out.. I'm sure you like tis' option.. So I suggested it..
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rexxie:
Whose family problem,yours? Aint that d same way ur family is suffering from what u bloody attribute to d pres at every opportunity,dafts? U know whats good 4 u deranged demented psycho: da noose ropes on da damm tree..

Goon, the fool listed his family problems. Do u also share from his calamity also because I simply don't get how this concerns u
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
tunex23: Good development, Now ASUU should wisely suspend the strike, I believe this is the best time. The permanent secetary of Fed Min of Edu should sign the agreement, that a enough beside all Students including nigerians are witness to the content of the agreement. So nothing to worry about ASUU. #teamASUU

Suspend what?
Has Jonathan signed? Perm sec signed the previous one and the govt lambasted him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accounting Degree Vs Accounting Education Degree / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee / UNILAG Hostel Balloting Begins Tommorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.