Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (26385 Views)

ASUU Ready to Call-Off Strike Next Week - Fagge / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Message From ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
NUTS-kwenu:

Is Jona now God?
y are thes advisers makin it look as if Jona was not voted 2 look after d electorates nd help 2 solve problms lie tis one?
wat is d big deal if he stackd his dumb ass on a chair 4 13hrs 2 discuss wit ASUU..
Tis wat we get wen we elect a drunkard and clueless nonentity as leader
Do ur misearable self a favor:go eat shiit! If u not d real done deal dumb arsse u shuda read btwn d lines n undastand da message. Wen i went thru that statement,i had similar thots but then again d pres has bn magnanimous 2 devote time outta his busy schedule 2 parley wit ASUU not 1ce,not 2ce...i know ur dumbspongebrains now gonna think fast n ask if ASUU aint importnt? Nobodys sayin that..d real shit is U dont parley wit d pres more than 2ce n tell d world hes not serious,u dont.d pres dont speak on d circus shows 4 clowns lik u 2 b flappin about n u dont xpect d pres not 2 jet d globe n asari was let off after a single parley wit serios folks..so quit thinkin wit ur damm balls

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by chessguru1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
PureNigerian: This Okupe is really a big fool.
What has the GEJ sitting down for 13hrs got to do with agreement?
This guy is a thug from the way he speaks and present himself.
What a big goat
U don't understand bro.
Assuming there is an industrial action in the US, and all efforts in resolving it fail. To the extent that the POTUS has to intervene himself for 13 hrs to arrive at an agreement, which later turns out not to be good enough because the said union dont trust the commander in chief of the american arm forces.....
In as much as we have no value for ourselves (and amazingly expect other countries..ghana, togo etc to value and respect us)
E no make sense bro, from an american perspective; its a big insult to the president

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by ayili: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
eagle,eye:

I thought you understood the comment you quoted.
FG has been in charge of all the money generated from Crude oil, FG is the one responsible for dispensing these monies to the necessary sectors of the economy.
Okay, you said you are a graduate of Engineering..... what are the things you can produce on your own? In you Laboratories, where you provided with the necessary tools for your studies?
Who should be held responsible for the renovation of you hostels?.... I guess you think it is ASUU.
ASUU is a Labour Union made up of Universities lecturers. ASUU is not the University Authorities. If they were, the Government will not asking ASUU to sack ASUU.
Please hold your VC, Pro Chancellor and the Senate Committee responsible for the misapproited funds meant for the renovations of your school hostels.
variably ASUU should also hold the university senate, vice chancellor, etc responsible and not just gov.
funny how it sounds that everybody is involved in the spoil while some come out to claim saint and try to pottery others bad ... I didn't graduate the year I was surpose because I didn't give 4thousand naira for an A , is that also because gov. didn't fund infrastructure? , in my department then there were some CNC machines we never used, is that because gov. didn't fund research? ASUU use the little you have to put the government to shame is what am saying... putting eyes on more money wont solve it... CNC machines are there but not in use soon they will get outdated and ASUU will begin to cry foul..

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Johnsinia(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
PureNigerian: This Okupe is really a big fool.
What has the GEJ sitting down for 13hrs got to do with agreement?
This guy is a thug from the way he speaks and present himself.
What a big goat
No, u d biggest fool here. Maybe u shuld keep ur fada n mada awake thru oat d nite 4 13hrs bc dey fail to buy u a car n a haux. Let me remind u, if u r a lecture, u beta make sure u r d 1st to resume 2morrw, if nt e go be like India film 4 ur eye.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dereformer: My advice for ASUU is to call off this strike as fast as possible, otherwise, the association is as good as dead.

Many universities, both state and federal, have long started lectures.

Has ur school started? Pls let's try to say what we know n Hv confirmed not coming here n be making Rubbish comments.....
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by PureNigerian: 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
@chess guru

U don't understand bro.
Assuming there is an industrial action in the US, and all efforts in resolving it fail. To the extent that the POTUS has to intervene himself for 13 hrs to arrive at an agreement, which later turns out not to be good enough because the said organization doesn't trust the commander in chief of the american arm forces.....
In as much as we have no value for ourselves (and amazingly expect other countries..ghana, togo etc to value and respect us)
E no make sense bro

It is you that do not understand.
Does GEJ sitting with them translate into an agreement or you they have to sign an agreement after the talk?
So why is it so difficult for GEJ to do that?
ASUU was jilted in 2009 on the agreement they signed with the govt. by a lower member of the education ministry so what stops the same govt. from doing the same again.
You and I know that if this money is to be shared by this same govt. nobody will hear of it.
I didn't mean to be rude but you are insane for telling to trust GEJ's administration or any other before him.
If trust should be taking into an account here, why not just sign the agreement so that the students can go back to school.
Go and check, GEJ children goes to private schools.
Don't make an example with the US because they are completely on a different level.
If you want to do a comparison, does Obama has access to American govt. money?
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by jenuel: 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
The Federal Government said it has deposited the N200bn promised as funding to universities into an account with the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, and the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission, Prof. Julius Okojie, confirmed this on Tuesday.

The amount is meant for the renewal of infrastructure in public universities in the country.

Okupe, who featured on Channels Television programme ‘Sunrise Daily’, said from the government’s perspective, everything that needed to be done had been done.

According to him, most of the demands of the Academic Staff Union of Universities have been agreed upon at the 13-hour meeting the union had with President Goodluck Jonathan which ended in the early hours of October 4.

He said, “At the end of that meeting, the Government proposed that everything that has been agreed should be put in a memorandum of agreement and that the two parties should sign, but the leadership of ASUU declined and said instead of that, they would rather have a letter of comfort expressing everything that has been resolved therein, and that will suffice for them.”

Okupe stressed that the attitude of the ASUU leadership showed that the seed of discord and evidence of bad faith already existed.

“It is unfortunate that somebody died but notwithstanding, that cannot be a justification for delaying the implementation of an agreement for 21 or more days,” he said.

Also at a press conference in Abuja, Okojie, who also confirmed that the money had been deposited in CBN, said the Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had confirmed to him that the N200bn had been deposited in the Central Bank of Nigeria.

With this done, be rest assured, the strike will end soon.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by proffemi: 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
ayili: ...in my department then there were some CNC machines we never used, is that because gov. didn't fund research?
You've made an excellent point. We academics have seriously failed the country, and cases such as the one you mention are not as rare as one would like. Most lecturers seem to be bereft of ideas when it comes to making the best of what we have.

This however points to a dark truth: we have been recruiting the wrong set of people for the last 2 decades. This is why it is so important to improve working conditions (I think salaries are not bad at current levels, but you've got to give a brilliant student a fighting chance to do good research, or he's not coming to lecture!).

Having said this, the government needs to do two things:
1. Put its money where its mouth is: fund education, and put everything in writing, so that we won't be back this route (strike) in a few months, or when if Jonathan loses in 2015

2. Place extremely demanding performance requirements on lecturers. I don't see anyone talking about this from the FG's side, which is sad.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by eagleeye2: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
ayili:
variably ASUU should also hold the university senate, vice chancellor, etc responsible and not just gov.
.ASUU is holding government responsible because it is the duty of the government to make sure that the University authorites carry out its directives.
funny how it sounds that everybody is involved in the spoil while some come out to claim saint and try to pottery others bad ... I didn't graduate the year I was surpose because I didn't give 4thousand naira for an A , is that also because gov. didn't fund infrastructure?
.You were a victim of Corruption, so I can't possibly blame only the government. Rather I will blame the country.
, in my department then there were some CNC machines we never used, is that because gov. didn't fund research?
.Yes. Just like point number 1, government should hold the University authourities accountable for not utilizing the funds for what it was meant for.
ASUU use the little you have to put the government to shame is what am saying... putting eyes on more money wont solve it... CNC machines are there but not in use soon they will get outdated and ASUU will begin to cry foul..
Bro do you truely believe that a lecturer can just walk in and start using the CNC machines if he was not directed to do so by the UNI authorities.
It may be painful now. But either gov hands off completely from the education sector or the should do the needful and fund the sector.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Kachi188(m): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Read a comprehensive address of the issue by the ASUU president here http://m.naij.com/news/53515.html

After the meeting, Govt issued a letter to ASUU saying that they will give ASUU 200b this year, nd. 220b for the next 4-5yrs...ASUU took this letter to their respective branches, they read it, deliberated on it and voted for or against calling off the strike.

After the meeting at the branches, ASUU wrote back to the Govt, demanding that the 200b for this year be raised and deposited in the CBN within 2weeks, and that next year they will renegotiate the 2009 agreement afresh. They also included a non-victimization clause which ASUU has dubiously interpreted to mean payment of salaries for months not worked for, and all these to be put in an MOU to be signed by the Attorney-General.

As expected, FG saw this as inclusion of points not originally agreed upon. Plus, the FG letter demanded that ASUU call off the strike within 7days, but it took them over two weeks to do that. ASUU is now saying that the FG letter didn't capture everything, and that they just inserted it back as it wasn't a fresh demand.

My question is, what was the exact response of FG after that 13hours. Meeting that ASUU took back to their members, did it include salaries, or a re-negotiation in 2014?

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by PureNigerian: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
If GEJ is so sincere, why not implement the 2009 agreement
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by chessguru1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
PureNigerian:
E no make sense bro

It is you that do not understand.
Does GEJ sitting with them translate into an agreement or you they have to sign an agreement after the talk?
So why is it so difficult for GEJ to do that?
ASUU was jilted in 2009 on the agreement they signed with the govt. by a lower member of the education ministry so what stops the same govt. from doing the same again.
You and I know that if this money is to be shared by this same govt. nobody will hear of it.
I didn't mean to be rude but you are insane for telling to trust GEJ's administration or any other before him.
If trust should be taking into an account here, why not just sign the agreement so that the students can go back to school.
Go and check, GEJ children goes to private schools.
Don't make an example with the US because they are completely on a different level.
If you want to do a comparison, does Obama has access to American govt. money?

Don't know about insanity, but I do know a thing about trade disputes, and I know that its settled by compromise and negotiation.
What assurance have these people given nigerians that all the money will go to there proposed "development".
Is it not chemical engineering dept in uniport that we "heard" NLNG donated millions of dollars to build a new lab.
Boss, in all my 5 years there, its only some rusted ornaments that where showcased in that lab.
Where did the money go?
The reason ASUU seems to be loosing public support is becos of this extra stand they are doing. Like I said earlier, if indeed ASUU are "negotiating" on behalf of nigerian students, someone should point to me what ground they have shifted on so as to bring this thing to an end.
What action have they taken to show they want this strike to end as badly as the government want it to end

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
mad nigerian: ASUU should call off the strike......and government should increase funding for education......

If the Government cannot increase funding for education, then they should tell us so that we can prepare to pay increased taxes and increased fees to maintain the schools at world class levels because , honestly, oil prices are falling, and the oil money is not enough to sustain the level of funding needed to make our schools.....universities, secondary and primary schools to function effectively

but they have money to build mansions home and abroad, pay exhorbitant health bills,outragious salary while u schooled here but their wards school abroad, the list is endless. Bros go slip. ASUU have come a long way to call of the strike
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
PureNigerian: If GEJ is so sincere, why not implement the 2009 agreement

SIMPLE. THATS WHAT ASUU IS TELLING NIGERIANS AND SOME "EDUCATED PEOPLE". ITS 4 GUD OF FUTURE STUDENTS
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by willibounce: 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
Jenams: ASUU it will neva be well wit u people! I'm a young guy of 26, sponsorin myself for Msc in uniben, I used my hard earned money to rent a self contain in benin, around january dis year, wit d hope to round up my course work by october and leave d apartment, cos I can start doin project frm delta where I reside. But now una don waste my rent, my landlord is waitin for anoda 1year rentage frm me. So annoyin.

Msc student talking trash. Y are u doing Msc in the first place? You think ur msc will get you a better job since ur bsc didn't? No worry. When ur through, u'll be told u are not employable. Thn mayb na phd u go go do. Msc kor hiv ni.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by agabaI23(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
chess guru:
U don't understand bro.
Assuming there is an industrial action in the US, and all efforts in resolving it fail. To the extent that the POTUS has to intervene himself for 13 hrs to arrive at an agreement, which later turns out not to be good enough because the said union dont trust the commander in chief of the american arm forces.....
E no make sense bro, from an american perspective; its a big insult to the president
Thank you very much. Even in African perspective, it is a big insult.
Can he do that to the Sultan?

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by theoctopus: 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
prof.femi:

You've made an excellent point. We academics have seriously failed the country, and cases such as the one you mention are not as rare as one would like. Most lecturers seem to be bereft of ideas when it comes to making the best of what we have.

This however points to a dark truth: we have been recruiting the wrong set of people for the last 2 decades. This is why it is so important to improve working conditions (I think salaries are not bad at current levels, but you've got to give a brilliant student a fighting chance to do good research, or he's not coming to lecture!).

Having said this, the government needs to do two things:
1. Put its money where its mouth is: fund education, and put everything in writing, so that we won't be back this route (strike) in a few months, or when if Jonathan loses in 2015

2. Place extremely demanding performance requirements on lecturers. I don't see anyone talking about this from the FG's side, which is sad.

You know you belong to that group of ASUU that have politicizd this strike and it is sad. If you sit here and say that the government has not really shown commitment to the extent that the President himself sits down at the table with ASUU, then you are really very dishonest. I have never heard before, both within and outside Nigeria, where the President would come to table with a group like ASUU. Never before. That is the last bus stop of any negotiation. It is an insult what ASUU is doing and they are setting a very bad precedence. No C in C will ever sit down with them again, you can take that to the bank. Whether it is GEJ of any other president because of this their action.

On the other side, the silence and total disdane that ASUU showed between the time they met with the president to this week is just very sad. When I heard that ASUU had postponed their meeting because Prof Iyayi died, I finally concluded they were being paid by politicians to do what they are doing. It doesnt make any sense at all. People die every day in every sector. You dont ground a whole sector of the country because one of your member died. It is ridiculous, barbaric and unbelievable when you consider that this is coming from Professors.

Thirdly, there is no justification for ASUU leadership to continue the strike when the majority have voted that the strike be called off. There is no way you can defend the fact that ASUU is compromised. No way at all!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by agabaI23(m): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
chess guru:
Don't know about insanity, but I do know a thing about trade disputes, and I know that its settled by compromise and negotiation.
What assurance have these people given nigerians that all the money will go to there proposed "development".
Is it not chemical engineering dept in uniport that we "heard" NLNG donated millions of dollars to build a new lab.
Boss, in all my 5 years there, its only some rusted ornaments that where showcased in that lab.
Where did the money go?
The reason ASUU seems to be loosing public support is becos of this extra stand they are doing. Like I said earlier, if indeed ASUU are "negotiating" on behalf of nigerian students, someone should point to me what ground they have shifted on so as to bring this thing to an end.
What action have they taken to show they want this strike to end as badly as the government want it to end

A professor emeritus from Loughborough University told me how he came to install a HPLC machine in 1983 and they were not enabled to carry out the job. The machine was left out in the open until it rusted away.

About $450 000 was released to UNIZIK from STEP B and all they can show for it is an open building and a bus. They needed extra funding to complete part of the equipment they quoted for and as I talk now, the equipment is still outside and yet to be installed.

There is so much hypocrisy and politics in this.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by taharqa: 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: I watch the interview earlier today, believe me this government is a complete waste of time, imagine a government official signing an agreement and still comes around to deny it, if ASUU should call-off this strike without achieving the aims of this strike will be a total defeat to Nigerian student. To tell you how wicked this government is, over-time they've been toying with education can be seen in the total collapse in both primary and secondary education. If not for this ASUU strike we will all be thinking all is we well with the tertiary institutions, to even think a government official can even come out in the open and lied to the Nigerian people without any remorse beats my imagination. #ALUTACONTINUA.
Guy, you are a HOPELESS IJIOT... Just See d Nonsense coming out of d mouth of dis one. Lawd!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by ayili: 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
eagle,eye:

Bro do you truely believe that a lecturer can just walk in and start using the CNC machines if he was not directed to do so by the UNI authorities.
It may be painful now. But either gov hands off completely from the education sector or the should do the needful and fund the sector.
also do yo know that if/when government release these funds ASUU are requesting it will go to the hands of same school managements (vice-chancellors, pro-chancellors, university senate etc) who could still miss-appropriate these funds and leave the university system in a no better state? do you realize that what ASUU are galvanateing for is just for a limited duration of time? what happens after the 1.1trillion gets exhausted? another fight another struggle, ending agitation that will cost students while lecturers gain salaries for not working
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by taharqa: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
chess guru: I believe ASUU is being really unfair. A lot of people are using their already preconceived sentiments about FG when discussing this issue.
Now, granted that ASUU have a justified basis for demanding some of the things they want. But at this juncture, I believe they are J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ abusing the power and influence that industrial actions affords them.
In what sane country does a union continue on an industrial action on a "public"institution becos of fear of insincerity of government.
They wanted the attention of the FG, they've gotten the number 1 person in the country to give into their demands, yet its not enough.
Why not institute a window period of observance to see if this "particular" government will not do what it has now agreed?
Don't dey realize that by asking for signatures from here and there, they insult the office of the commander in chief (sadly, an office that means nothing to the average untrained, ill-mannered "child of anger" we see throwing tantrums up and down on social media, who see nothing wrong in insulting someone old enough to be their father).
Let's not forget ASUU themselves ain't no saints. Let's not forget who exactly we are dealing with here. Peeps who have survived hands of lecturers can vouch on the "sincerity" of most of these learned lecturers.
Finally, you can't have a "negotiation" without "compromise". Someone should please highlight to me (I stand to be corrected) the areas ASUU have conceded knowing fully well that its millions of children and not them that are directly suffering (since one of the extra conditions is that they should be paid salaries For going on strike) .
You can't command your govt to meet all your conditions and still call it a negotiation. And even when the most important person agrees to your terms, you still find extra terms to add.
Lest be practical, which government in this world that concedes to all conditions and even the little extra ones won't be seen as a weak government?
So what stops association xyz from coming up tomorrow and starting their own strike without any plan for compromise all to the detriment of nigerian people?
ASUU should stop holding nigeria to ransome pls.
At last a comment from a sound mind...

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by taharqa: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
chess guru: I believe ASUU is being really unfair. A lot of people are using their already preconceived sentiments about FG when discussing this issue.
Now, granted that ASUU have a justified basis for demanding some of the things they want. But at this juncture, I believe they are J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ abusing the power and influence that industrial actions affords them.
In what sane country does a union continue on an industrial action on a "public"institution becos of fear of insincerity of government.
They wanted the attention of the FG, they've gotten the number 1 person in the country to give into their demands, yet its not enough.
Why not institute a window period of observance to see if this "particular" government will not do what it has now agreed?
Don't dey realize that by asking for signatures from here and there, they insult the office of the commander in chief (sadly, an office that means nothing to the average untrained, ill-mannered "child of anger" we see throwing tantrums up and down on social media, who see nothing wrong in insulting someone old enough to be their father).
Let's not forget ASUU themselves ain't no saints. Let's not forget who exactly we are dealing with here. Peeps who have survived hands of lecturers can vouch on the "sincerity" of most of these learned lecturers.
Finally, you can't have a "negotiation" without "compromise". Someone should please highlight to me (I stand to be corrected) the areas ASUU have conceded knowing fully well that its millions of children and not them that are directly suffering (since one of the extra conditions is that they should be paid salaries For going on strike) .
You can't command your govt to meet all your conditions and still call it a negotiation. And even when the most important person agrees to your terms, you still find extra terms to add.
Lest be practical, which government in this world that concedes to all conditions and even the little extra ones won't be seen as a weak government?
So what stops association xyz from coming up tomorrow and starting their own strike without any plan for compromise all to the detriment of nigerian people?
ASUU should stop holding nigeria to ransome pls.
At last a comment from a sound mind...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by jerrymania(m): 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
KwoiZabo: ASUU is cheating on other sectors of the economy. They claim they want to make the Universities compete with their counterparts in the rest of the world but i want to ask ASUU is our Public Infrastructure, Police (security), power supply, Healthcare, and even primary and secondary education (which i consider more important than university education) competing with the rest of the world? We cannot grow our universities at the expense of other sectors, all sectors must grow together and I know since the inception of this Administration, tertiary education has received more than a fair share of the Nation's resources. God Bless Nigeria

did you even go to a university or are you this daft? i never knew nigerians can reason so foolishly like this
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Soloter(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
You've been paid to make this comment. well done. list a few. if at all there is any then it must be those who are bribed like you. Lagos ASUU alleged the bribery of their members by agents like you.
Dereformer: My advice for ASUU is to call off this strike as fast as possible, otherwise, the association is as good as dead.

Many universities, both state and federal, have long started lectures.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by taharqa: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
PureNigerian: If GEJ is so sincere, why not implement the 2009 agreement
My frnd, SHUT ya mouth already, IGNORAMUS. Have you seen that 2009 Agreement? Hv you reali seen it (both its Implementable and a few Unimplementable demands)? Do you know that Govt has ALREADY fulfilled/Agreed to implement MOST of d Demands in that Agreement??
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by delerx(m): 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Okupe should learn to talk sensibly
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by otokx(m): 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
@chessguru

why has GEJ refused AGF to sign with NLC as a co witness?
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
agabaI23:

A professor emeritus from Loughborough University told me how he came to install a HPLC machine in 1983 and they were not enabled to carry out the job. The machine was left out in the open until it rusted away.

About $450 000 was released to UNIZIK from STEP B and all they can show for it is an open building and a bus. They needed extra funding to complete part of the equipment they quoted for and as I talk now, the equipment is still outside and yet to be installed.

There is so much hypocrisy and politics in this.

Honestly! It's foolishness pouring water into a basket. They should fix those holes first, otherwise whatever funds they receive would keep being unaccounted for.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by spenca: 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
imagine! this mere adviser with lot of ego ,why does he always have to make a big deal out of sitting with the president ,aint the president human with flaws like every other person, you know what this man always never addresses the issue before him ,the question sign the document and do the necessary things and sure people will know your committed rather going up and down with your buhahahaha.
Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by jice(m): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
willibounce:

Msc student talking trash. Y are u doing Msc in the first place? You think ur msc will get you a better job since ur bsc didn't? No worry. When ur through, u'll be told u are not employable. Thn mayb na phd u go go do. Msc kor hiv ni.

You are not supposed to be in this discussion

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by taharqa: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx: @chessguru

why has GEJ refused AGF to sign with NLC as a co witness?
This was d questn I just wanted to ask, But in Reverse: why does ASUU want d AGF to sign a 'mere' trade dispute Agreement/Resolutions with them? Do they want a Legally-binding Agreement with their Employers? A 'treaty' perhaps?... Just don't understand, yet. Maybe, smone can help us both out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) / Accounting Degree Vs Accounting Education Degree / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.