Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? (22186 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. / Men Don't Like Tall Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 05, 2013
Check this out:

One day a long time ago. When I was still a very very good girl wink wink , I was on my back from choir practice with a christain brother and we were talking about how mean our choir master was. I kept ranting cos I was so pissed at him for punishing me( didn't get my cadences right and he made me stay behind to practice after others left) anyway I was just going on and on about how mean he was. Out of the blues,this christain brother picked a sweet-smelling white rose from the church flower hedge and put it in my hair

Ooohh my. I blushed to my feet embarassed
And I shut up immediately. I don't forget that incident even tho I'm sure he has forgotten it.

You see when u love ur baby and she's nagging u about something non-stop, pick a flower put it her hair and kiss her on the fore-head. She'll shut up forever cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by shadydeals: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Segeggs: stop acting as if you are one of those decent girls that only need love from a man and not material things. Girls like you jump from car to car, taking pics at the passenger's seat and uploading on fb. All you want is MONEY!MONEY!!MONEY!!! Such that when a broke guy with a bright future who can only afford flowers comes your way, you bullsheet him and yet you come here with a cooked up persona.
u ar so on point.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 05, 2013
Loretta, i think u've failed on this one. U've been busy opening threads on "why do men this", "why do men that" and it has been hitting fp 4 u, as 4 this one, u are already a failure. U know why, how many guys/ times have u expected a guy to present u a flower without money? Dont act as if u not one of d nigerian ladies we meet on street evryday. Tell me u would be so much in love with me if i come check on u evryday wit flowers without money. What i hate most in life is hypocrisy. Who told u, u deserve d flower in d 1st place when all u believe in a rlatnshp is MONEY?

lorretta u: Well mine is romantic too just that he's not around here. I'm sure he'd give me flowers too if he was around
But before then, I've not seen any other guy giving us flowers

And to expand this ur post, it shows u are dating more than one guy. Is it for d flower sake or for money?

Hope u ready to manage the heat as guys will soon invade here and hit on u real hard and rough.

Flower ko, rose ni.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by sweetestguy(m): 9:45am On Dec 05, 2013
Ok,I'm going to get my babe a flower
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by demelza: 9:46am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: Check this out:

One day a long time ago. When I was still a very very good girl wink wink , I was on my back from choir practice with a christain brother and we were talking about how mean our master was. I kept ranting cos I was so pissed at him for punishing me( didn't get my cadences right and he made me stay behind to practice after others left) anyway I was just going on and on about how mean he was. Out of the blues,this christain brother picked a sweet-smelling white rose from the church flower hedge and put it in my hair

Ooohh my. I blushed to my feet embarassed
And I shut up immediately. I don't forget that incident even tho I'm sure he has forgotten it.

You see when u love ur baby and she's nagging u about something non-stop, pick a flower put it her hair and kiss her on the fore-head. She'll shut up forever cheesy
While this story is very cute, it cant happen in Nigeria. Not because the men are unromantic but because flowers are not readily found in this region. We dont grow flowers in Nigeria and the ones imported from abroad are expensive.
Which guy wont pick the cheap alternative of picking out flowers for a girl especially when compared to spending money on gifts? The guys only make do with what they have. And that is where eateries come to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by UjSizzle(f): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2013
sexkillz: Loretta, you dey see am so? grin

Your fellow girls prefer food: pastries e.g meatpie, isiewu, fried rice, chicken, peppersoup, nkwobi and ice cream, than flowers. grin

Oh and money. wink
angry I prefer books and a good movie.

Oh and pepper soup and money grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2013
Fried rice and ice cream all the time makes us pack too much flesh in the bom bom sad
Then we'll start looking for how to lose the extra flesh accumulated from too much fast food. When I didn't know better,I used to go on fast food dates with wooers. They come and pick u and next thing fast food straight.sad that was during my school days. Now all the fried rice and ice cream packed in my bom bom won't let me walk well cheesy (just kidding)
As I'm now in my twenties and no longer a teenager,I know better. Sweet smelling real flowers are better than food. We are not hungry

quote author=sexkillz]Why will I buy an expensive bouquet that'll end in the trash? undecided

I'll rather buy fried rice with chicken and ice cream, then buy "Richad cad" with the remaining change. . . grin
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Unluvable(f): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2013
My two beautiful potted plants were a gift from my dear smiley, he knows I'm in tune with nature, so the question is does your boyfriend know you for loving flowers? He wouldn't like to spend on an item he feels you won't appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by jmoore(m): 9:57am On Dec 05, 2013
Vegetable leaves eg ugu is a better choice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 05, 2013
It happened in nigeria
I live in nigeria
Our church had a very wonderful horticulturist. Those roses I've never seen them anywhere else since we moved from that area. It is very true.

About the flowers not readily found,that's true. I admit. But Don't you think that will make it all the more romantic if he goes extra length to get them wink smiley ?
demelza: While this story is very cute, it cant happen in Nigeria. Not because the men are unromantic but because flowers are not readily found in this region. We dont grow flowers in Nigeria and the ones imported from abroad are expensive.
Which guy wont pick the cheap alternative of picking out flowers for a girl especially when compared to spending money on gifts? The guys only make do with what they have. And that is where eateries come to the rescue.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: Why are you hurt?
Do you know me?
Or do you know any man that's paying me monthly salary?
PS liking flowers has nothing to do with decency or lack of it. A girl can like flowers and still be bad,while one who doesn't like flowers can still be good

I think you missed your heart-break medicine today tongue
you mean u actually like flowers or you are just trying to form yankee babe? :-|

aristo babes wont kill us.

Fyi, i aint heartbroken cos i got 4 chicks and still searching.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 05, 2013
Yea books are a wonderful gift too
I love them to bits. Maybe more than flowers even. I read like an addict.
uj_sizzle:
angry I prefer books and a good movie.

Oh and pepper soup and money grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2013
I love flowers
There's nothing yankee about it

You got four chicks and still searching? Damn you're really heart-broken. I hope you find the peace and healing that you're still searching for.
Segeggs: you mean u actually like flowers or you are just trying to form yankee babe? :-|

aristo babes wont kill us.

Fyi, i aint heartbroken cos i got 4 chicks and still searching.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Bizibi(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2013
This can't happen in Nigeria,Neva!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by IAMBREEZY: 10:05am On Dec 05, 2013
Lol flower the gurl i gave the other time threw it back at me with anger,this is not yankee op this is naija although you may be different but really naija girls don't like flowers they are all about the doe i ain't generalising it has happened to me so i'm talking from experience.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 05, 2013
RedBenson: Loretta, i think u've failed on this one. U've been busy opening threads on "why do men this", "why do men that" and it has been hitting fp 4 u, as 4 this one, u are already a failure. U know why, how many guys/ times have u expected a guy to present u a flower without money? Dont act as if u not one of d nigerian ladies we meet on street evryday. Tell me u would be so much in love with me if i come check on u evryday wit flowers without money. What i hate most in life is hypocrisy. Who told u, u deserve d flower in d 1st place when all u believe in a rlatnshp is MONEY?
And to expand this ur post, it shows u are dating more than one guy. Is it for d flower sake or for money?
Hope u ready to manage the heat as guys will soon invade here and hit on u real hard and rough.
Flower ko, rose ni.

you are very very lost in a quagmire of hatred. Smh

So guys come calling to their babes with money at hand? Yea they are paying tax undecided (is money a gift? Or u don't think a girl can help the man out with cash sometimes just as the man gives her money too. Both depending on their income) we are talking of gifts you're talking of money

And who says liking other gifts means u can't like flowers or liking flowers means u can't appreciate other gifts?
Let me break it down for u, bb, brazilizn hair,clothes,fastfood etc are good. But if for sometimes the guy just gets real flowers instead,I girl like me would love that.

And how did your fish brain deduce that I have mulitple guys from that my post?

You just wanted me to notice you. Ok I have.
Now run along boy. Don't be late for school.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 05, 2013
She did
If she likes u,even if she didn't like the flowers,she wouldn't have done that.
That's not nice
Well then I guess the real question is
why don't nigerian girls like flowers
Anyway each to his own smiley
IAMBREEZY: Lol flower the gurl i gave the other time threw it back at me with anger,this is not yankee op this is naija although you may be different but really naija girls don't like flowers they are all about the doe i ain't generalising it has happened to me so i'm talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Justeenaleo(f): 10:16am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: They don't give us flowers sad angry

One's gotta admit that phones,hair extensions etc can be a little technical
Flowers are the bomb.
White/red roses(my favorites) can make a girl think of you forever. Yes
Instead of dem to use their money to buy beautiful roses for us,dey will opt for purple flowers bad naija niggas
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by kundi90(m): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2013
Segeggs: stop acting as if you are one of those decent girls that only need love from a man and not material things. Girls like you jump from car to car, taking pics at the passenger's seat and uploading on fb. All you want is MONEY!MONEY!!MONEY!!! Such that when a broke guy with a bright future who can only afford flowers comes your way, you bullsheet him and yet you come here with a cooked up persona.

Haha! Na fight? Please take am easy and respect the lady.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: I love flowers
There's nothing yankee about it

You got four chicks and still searching? Damn you're really heart-broken. I hope you find the peace and healing that you're still searching for.
hahahahaha grin

dont u av comprehension skills?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2013
Oh well add the flowers to the airtime then smiley smiley
Mynd_44: She will appreciate airtime that cost half the price of the flowers better.....
if she loves airtime so much
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Segeggs: hahahahaha grin

dont u av comprehension skills?
what I comprehend is that your heart is not at rest
Hence the four ladies and your eyes are still on the look out.
If you'd found what ur heart desires,I'm sure you'd be with her and not gallivanting tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2013
grin evuls lmao
Justeenaleo:
Instead of dem to use their money to buy beautiful roses for us,dey will opt for purple flowers bad naija niggas
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: what I comprehend is that your heart is not at rest
Hence the four ladies and your eyes are still on the look out.
If you'd found what ur heart desires,I'm sure you'd be with her and not gallivanting tongue
you must be a failed student.

The comprehension here is dat am a playa and the only thing am searching for is da pusssaasayyy. Can u hook me up?

Dumps thread

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by mspee(f): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2013
If we start accepting flowers now, they will be bringing pumpkin and bitterleafs as gifts. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by ikekings1: 10:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Crap!!! This op is a joke..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 05, 2013
What do you want to use flowers for?? grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 05, 2013
Girls shd stop deceiving themselves. I sent my gf a romantic flower pix, she was like "huh?". I sent her the pix to see her reaction to stuffs like that because we don't stay in thesame city.

The bottomline is giving a girl flower is pure money waste. She won't appreciate it. You better buy handbag, bra, gown and gstring.. You will be the most caring bf ever
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u:

you are very very lost in a quagmire of hatred. Smh

So guys come calling to their babes with money at hand? Yea they are paying tax undecided (is money a gift? Or u don't think a girl can help the man out with cash sometimes just as the man gives her money too. Both depending on their income) we are talking of gifts you're talking of
money

And who says liking other gifts means u can't like flowers or liking flowers means u can't appreciate other gifts?
Let me break it down for u, bb, brazilizn hair,clothes,fastfood etc are good. But if for sometimes the guy just gets real flowers instead,I girl like me would love that.

And how did your fish brain deduce that I have mulitple guys from that my post?

You just wanted me to notice you. Ok I have.
Now run along boy. Don't be late for school.

I might not be active here to debunk ur hypocrisy cos i got things at hand and considering ur limitless time spent on this forum, it shows joblessness is d disease swindling u. Listen and i quote "my guy is not around and others are not giving me flowers", which sensible folk would not know this involve more than a guy? Why arguing blindly? Ur post clearly stated u date more than a guy and u are trying to rebute the obvious. The multiple dating, is it for the sake of getting flowers from them only?

As for flowers, u didnt answer my question. Would u be ok with a guy if all he does is presenting flowers to u? Smh! Dont act as if u would even appreciate the flower the way it comes if money is not inclusive.

Go ahead and sleep on nairaland! Am out!

6 Likes

ms_pee: If we start accepting flowers now, they will be bringing pumpkin and bitterleafs as gifts. angry

lmfao grin grin....... #bitterleaf
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by moonraker(m): 10:40am On Dec 05, 2013
OP, are you nigerian based or foreign based? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Loretta e be like say you just come back from London? When I was in FUTO I was the flower master, one day one girl asked me if she looked like a goat that eats flowers!

Other called me Hollywood lover boy, I left the idea of flowers in FUTO and sincerely majority of Nigerian girls that I have met do not appreciate it!

So the idea of flowers are 4years behind me!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

A guy on nairaland is going to commit suicide by 11pm Tonight. / Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.