Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? (22185 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. / Men Don't Like Tall Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Malakh: 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Only if you knew why flowers were given, you wouldn't accept it, the west has brainwashed and indoctrinated our people
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Maximus85(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dem go ask u where u pluck bitter leave.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Sallychizzl3: 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Segeggs: stop acting as if you are one of those decent girls that only need love from a man and not material things. Girls like you jump from car to car, taking pics at the passenger's seat and uploading on fb. All you want is MONEY!MONEY!!MONEY!!! Such that when a broke guy with a bright future who can only afford flowers comes your way, you bullsheet him and yet you come here with a cooked up persona.

bullshit bros not bullsheet E b like say u don fall mugu, dis one wey ur blood dey hot.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
sandijey:

winkyou no how we roll now! grin
indeed mademoiselle sandi, indeed cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by syndrum(m): 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
:-Xflower kee?....in this country....wea flower kee?....in this country....wea ds fn dey
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ok
Nonso23:

No, I did not generalize. I said "most ladies" not all. And the few I know that love flowers keep a garden of one at worst, a little space where they can keep those shiny petals alive and well cared for.

Good for you for being artsy. But my stance is still unchanged any man giving flowers to a naija lady well you are on your own unless you know the person wellaaaa maybe from childhood.then...
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by caesaraba(m): 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nonso23:

Imagine, people who can't appreciate paintings or fine arts or see beyond the curves to appreciate the message and uncanny skill put into a sculpture or deep words in poetry , People who can't even tell the names of the flowers they are given; running in here demanding for flowers. Abeg, most of you ladies are too shallow for such gifts. Wait there for flower! Una go old! angry

Made my day with this. Seems it`s written down somewhere that once you are a Nigerian lady, DO NOT BE INTERESTING KNOWLEDGE-WISE. JUST KNOW ABOUT SHARWAMA, BBM, TWITTER, ICE-CREAM and how to spread your legs, you are complete.

Try striking up an intelligent conversation with a lot of these ladies and get ready to be wowed!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ok peace bro
Nonso23:

I never said that a lady who likes flowers is dishonest. all I did was paint the general scenario of the dating scene with respect to flowers in Nigeria. You interpreted my post out of context.

About the part where you were insinuating that anyone is trying to figure you out, well, why would I and I don't see any reason justifying why you think my post was directed at you, cos you seem to take it personal o IMO... Biko don't be offended it was a just harmless opinion.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by brosdoncome(m): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
kambee: Singing in Tiwa's voice"We want Ego not flowers"guuys make una no try una self...

Jeez!!! U r so 'kpakorious'
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
What kinda ladies u roll with?
That's embarrassing
caesaraba:

Made my day with this. Seems it`s written down somewhere that once you are a Nigerian lady, DO NOT BE INTERESTING KNOWLEDGE-WISE. JUST KNOW ABOUT SHARWAMA, BBM, TWITTER, ICE-CREAM and how to spread your legs, you are complete.

Try striking up an intelligent conversation with a lot of these ladies and get ready to be wowed!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by brosdoncome(m): 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
sandijey:

I will use it to do puff puff! We shall eat and be happy.

Abeg e don tey wey I chop puff puff...fix me in pls cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
Flowers? In Naija? undecided That's kinda strange, seems our westernization is not yet complete.

Just like Basketmouth said, the break-up of a relationship involving whites is even more romantic than a Naija relationship. undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pls tell us.I
Would wanna learn
Malakh: Only if you knew why flowers were given, you wouldn't accept it, the west has brainwashed and indoctrinated our people
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by caesaraba(m): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: What kinda ladies u roll with?
That's embarrassing

Funny enough I don`t even ``roll`` with any lady. Not anymore. Alpha Male + having the necessary statistics to have many of these folks ready to ``roll`` at a moment`s notice kinda kills the appetite. Don`t take it the wrong way, I`m not in the business of taking swipes at women. It`s just frustrating.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
And bb plus fast food is nigerian culture abi?
tomakint:
Wetin you wan use am do, na efo tete, or ugwu abi na gure? undecided that's another Race's culture not yours, learn to appreciate your culture wink
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
caesaraba:

Yeah, right. Naija guys are always the smart ones. Stop with the generalization already. undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Effiwizzi: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: They don't give us flowers sad angry

One's gotta admit that phones,hair extensions etc can be a little technical
Flowers are the bomb.
White/red roses(my favorites) can make a girl think of you forever. Yes

@ LORETTA.
Babe y u dey form like say you too good.
abi you dey headlines and boys wey you go put for another serious of aguement and controversy. Lorreta , stop making feel you a DIFFERENT BREED OF WOMAM PLEEEEASE!

i researve any further comment untill u speak again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by moonraker(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
Since the OP has refused to respond to my question, i say to you OP, when you speak, you speak for yourself and yours only.

Nigerian women have been genetically engineered to accept nothing less than material items. Flowers?? you must be joking angry
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
caesaraba:

Funny enough I don`t even ``roll`` with any lady. Not anymore. Alpha Male + having the necessary statistics to have many of these folks ready to ``roll`` at a moment`s notice kinda kills the appetite. Don`t take it the wrong way, I`m not in the business of taking swipes at women. It`s just frustrating.
oh well
Your loss tongue smart ladies are everywhere.
Try harder
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sorry what was your question
And yes I'm speaking for myself
moonraker: Since the OP has refused to respond to my question, i say to you OP, when you speak, you speak for yourself and yours only.

Nigerian women have been genetically engineered to accept nothing less than material items. Flowers?? you must be joking angry
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Richy4(m): 1:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=chess guru]
Minus play, grin let's be serious

Does this mean nigerian women are underdeveloped as opposed to girls in foreign climes? undecided[/quote

it has nothing to do with under development. The majority are not into flowers.
I do not know how much flowers cost now in Nigeria. Just buy say 3000k of recharge card and 3000k bunch of flower and ask a girl to choose one. You will know what we are talking about.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by buJu234: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
the last time i sent a flower to a female friend as birthday gift.. come and see the insults...;;

UR MATES DEY MONEY & iPHONE NA FLOWER U BRING... ABEG REMOVE THIS THING FROM HERE B4 I DESTROY AM... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
What's has liking flowers got to do with being good or bad?
Na wa o. I didn't realize I'd be so misunderstood.
And yes I'm a different non-conformist woman. Is that bad?
Effiwizzi:

@ LORETTA.
Babe y u dey form like say you too good.
abi you dey headlines and boys wey you go put for another serious of aguement and controversy. Lorreta , stop making feel you a DIFFERENT BREED OF WOMAM PLEEEEASE!

i researve any further comment untill u speak again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by redsun(m): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
This is where marslow hierarchy of needs plays out perfectly. Nigerian girls don't need flowers to feel loved. What they need are food and other basic essentials of life that makes life bearable

Oyinbos use flowers to make up for their boredom which in turn create jobs and services for the economy and at the same destroying the environment in the process for something that is not really essential.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
sexkillz: Since when did Nigerian girls start accepting flowers? undecided

Left with bobos, we go buy flower tire, because it's cheap and romantic. grin

But then I've seen girls ask "flower for what? Am I a goat?"

Abeg, you people should stop being so discombobulated. . . I'm not generalizing like you did, though.

I liked your comment @ first and then I disliked it after I found out that you are the serial oppressor, sexkillz. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lol smiley
Lmao
buJu-234:
the last time i sent a flower to a female friend as birthday gift.. come and see the insults...;;

UR MATES DEY MONEY & iPHONE NA FLOWER U BRING... ABEG REMOVE THIS THING FROM HERE B4 I DESTROY AM... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by caesaraba(m): 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Baybe: Yeah, right. y. undecided

Yikes! My bad. (Shoulda kept quiet). I was replying the poster I quoted and we both were talking about a majority (not Every/All Nigerian ladies).
IT`S NOT AN US VERSUS THEM THING please.

P.S: If you are one of the smart ones, just know that you are part of a fast dying breed. A lot of us would kill to ``roll`` with your kind. (If/when/wherever we find you).
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
I'll choose flowers over the recharge card
I don't even fancy recharge cards cos I'm not big into calls. Maybe just internet subscription.I'd still go for the flowers.
Their beauty can cheer me up.[quote author=Richy.][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by moonraker(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: Sorry what was your question
And yes I'm speaking for myself

Good, now that you have cleared the speaking for yourself part,

i suggest you correct your opening post of guys not giving us flowers.

Except ofcourse you have friends who share your grief. As for my question to you,

i kinda figured it out based on your responses to this thread.

In closing, I will tell you this. 97% (if not more) of Nigerian women need to be enticed

using material items and not flowers dear. One would probably get slapped if flowers were

brought to the table. Thats why you have some guys telling lies about what they are not etc cheesy angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

A guy on nairaland is going to commit suicide by 11pm Tonight. / Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.