Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria (21157 Views)

Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Exclusive Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
remark D: Buddy, we know how much y'all love Lagos (as opposed to Oyo or Ibadan) ... but why not give credit to whom credit is due?

You know if the president was a northerner or some tribalistic goon that for whatever reason, as Obasanjo did, seek to marginalise Lagos... do you think this news will even be rumored, talkless of having a good prospect as it does now?

GEJ aint like that... whether it is an int'l airport in Enugu... or a manufacturing plant in Lagos... improved agricultural practises in the North or sea ports in the south... why not give this man credit as the most hardworking of all the past leaders Naija has ever had.... check all the past presidents, how many of them have done half of what GEJ has done so far....? the ball has been set rolling for constant power supply, and it had to take an Ijaw man to do it... grand strides, huge developments, changes on the face and landscape of Nigeria have been mostly from a section of this so-called 'One Nigeria... '

Again, bro... give credit to whom, when and as due... is that too much to ask for?

Now can I hear you say 'GEJ till 2019!'? or take it further if you've been loving the fresh air and go 'GEJ till 20XX! where X>19 lol..)

^^^At bolded: not before hell freezes over! wink
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Olugbenger(m): 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
By the time you start saying whether or not we're wrong, and not just saying we're APC's e-warriors, I'll know you're not foolish.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
fabulous4u:
*he added Lagos request for a $200m foreign loan proposal demand to the mtef for 2014 to facilitate the completion of Lagos light rail and some projects in Lagos.
*he approved the construction of a fast rail between Lagos and Ibadan
*he approved the construction of an additional port in Lagos to be located at lekki.
*has been involved on some federal roads in Lagos e.g third mainland bridge ,oshodi apapa expressway etc .
*has approved a construction of a greenfield refinery in lekki by a joint venture of NNPC and ccecc.
*have attracted several investors to Lagos just like the one were currently commenting on.
he did all this despite the bias and hate the APC and their apologists have shown him because he as a person has proven that he can rise above hate .
so can u now stop been bias and truthful to your conscience .
you asked for one but I just overfed you now can u please rise above hate?

^^^And just to add:
*He approved the construction of a new airport terminal at MMIA.
*He approved Lagos as one of the four cities to host the planned aerotropolis hub.....others being Kano, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
*He approved the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway (something a shon of de shoil didn't get round to doing throughout his 8 years presidency).

13 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
fabulous4u:
please read your post line by line,word for word and with full concentration and when you're done quietly step outside your house(if u have any),look to the sky and ask God ,please lord was I created to be this stupid and hopeless?
wasted soul
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by fabulous4u: 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^And just to add:
*He approved Lagos as one of the four cities to host the planned aerotropolis hub.....others being Kano, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
*He approved the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway (something a shon of de shoil didn't get round to doing throughout his 8 years presidency).
tell them oooo......but I no sure say dem fit hear because these APC e-goats ears have been programmed to only listen to and believe every thrash that comes out of the mouth of their slave masters

10 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by gratieao: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
fabulous4u:
tell them oooo......but I no sure say dem fit hear because these APC e-goats ears have been programmed to only listen to and believe every thrash that comes out of the mouth of their slave masters
Those clowns are irredeemable

6 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by lincolnj88: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
fabulous4u:
please read your post line by line,word for word and with full concentration and when you're done quietly step outside your house(if u have any),look to the sky and ask God ,please lord was I created to be this stupid and hopeless?
wasted soul
grin una go kill person for nairaland one day

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by geeez: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^And just to add:

And these are the reasons why Nissan is opening an assembly plant in Lagos and not Abuja?

And tell me which of these projects are complete or even started?

The only one that is complete was faulty even before commissioning

Lagos has done more for itself to ensure these investments keep coming in than the FG has

Every project listed do not in anyway critically impact investments

Lagos has rehabilitated several kilometers of federal roads and still counting

Lagos invests heavily in its security (on behalf of the FG)

These are the things that attract investment

5 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by 1025: 11:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
is it by force to drive mint cars? leave us with our tokunbo cars while those who steal public funds go for mint cars. why is this man forcing us to buy mint cars? outside nigeria where citizens drive mint cars, they don't pay cash as most of them pay for 4 years. who will release cars on credit to a nigerian? if they start it, i will buy 10 and sale them before running away.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
1025: is it by force to drive mint cars? leave us with our tokunbo cars while those who steal public funds go for mint cars. why is this man forcing us to buy mint cars? outside nigeria where citizens drive mint cars, they don't pay cash as most of them pay for 4 years. who will release cars on credit to a nigerian? if they start it, i will buy 10 and sale them before running away.

If you understood the impact on the Nigerian economy and the value of the naira of the billions spent on importing cars that could be assembled in the country, you wouldn't have typed what you just did.

10 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 12:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Not bad. And possible advantages that readily comes to mind is reduced imports and increased exports, creation of jobs and utilization of local raw materials.

But some questions

• Does Jonathan know this is not the solution to Nigeria's fundamental problem of poor governance ? So he doesn't parade himself as a saviour because of this step, good as it seems.

• Will the prices be VERY competitive ? If not the project will be a huge waste because folks will keep on with tokunbos. I don't doubt Nissan is a respected brand here.

• Car manufacturing requires a very skilled labor force: is it local or foreign expertise to be used ? The casting of the cars bodies when common Ajaokuta steel co. rots, the testing where SON is struggling, and the likelihood of it being the usual local labor. managed by foreign expertise is to be views given the context of our dear education sector, just waking up from a protracted strike.

That will be all.

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by fabulous4u: 4:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Not bad. And possible advantages that readily comes to mind is reduced imports and increased exports, creation of jobs and utilization of local raw materials.

But some questions

• Does Jonathan know this is not the solution to Nigeria's fundamental problem of poor governance ? So he doesn't parade himself as a saviour because of this step, good as it seems.

• Will the prices be VERY competitive ? If not the project will be a huge waste because folks will keep on with tokunbos. I don't doubt Nissan is a respected brand here.

• Car manufacturing requires a very skilled labor force: is it local or foreign expertise to be used ? The casting of the cars bodies when common Ajaokuta steel co. rots, the testing where SON is struggling, and the likelihood of it being the usual local labor. managed by foreign expertise is to be views given the context of our dear education sector, just waking up from a protracted strike.

That will be all.
you of all people should know better on the issue of governance
1)is good governance not meant to provide jobs for people ?is this not one of the benefits to be derived from this policy?
2)is a serious government going to allow for capital flight and foreign exchange draw downs all because it is not ready to maximize its potentials?is this not one of the issues that will be addressed by this policy?
3)if you say Nissan is not a big brand then I'll come to the conclusion that you do not have the slightest idea of branding cos Nissan is one of the well respected automobile giants in japan.so pls get your facts right before commenting

4 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:
1)is good governance not meant to provide jobs for people ?is this not one of the benefits to be derived from this policy?
2)is a serious government going to allow for capital flight and foreign exchange draw downs all because it is not ready to maximize its potentials?is this not one of the issues that will be addressed by this policy?
3)if you say Nissan is not a big brand then I'll come to the conclusion that you do not have the slightest idea of branding cos Nissan is one of the well respected automobile giants in japan.so pls get your facts right before commenting
Your government should fight corruption and provide basic aminities like power and good roads for small scale industries such as farming, barbing, tailoring, etc to thrive. If there is power the barber, for example, who is also a graduate won't be roaming the street looking for job. The President should stop celebrating foreign investors as being the panacea of joblessness.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by israel007: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2013
idupaul: Jonathan is a dreamer if you think Nissan is going to open an assembly plant run with Generators then you must be Joking .

I bet you would have said the something about MTN before they came to Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by delvinmaya(m): 9:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Reading each sides argument you just have to shake your head and ponder. WTH is wrong with us? Must we reduce everything to competitions and mindless arguing?
First, when we heard the news about the increase in import duties on vehicles, we screamed that there was no plan on ground for manufacturing and assembling, yet we are faced with news that companies are keying into this, we delve into our expected nagging. Both FG and Lagos State govt are to work for the peeps, and create the enabling environment, saying the state achieved without help or input from the fg is far fetched and childish

6 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:

I said 'I don't doubt Nissan is a good brand' which is another way of saying I know Nissan is a good brand.

Your points save for the first have little bearing on my questions.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Do you build a house without a solid foundation, the minute you see a developer who tells you he can build a house that sits on thin air.. be warned, he is a burukutu drunk
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Keneking: How does rhetoric (planning to setup in Nigeria) translate to ROI( return on investment).... WoolWorths has left Nigeria angry

This man must be high on something!!!

A clothing business that doesn't even have a online store for its Nigerian store. No one is responsible for anyone's foolishness in business.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Only the never-do-wells will not appreciate the monumental achievement of GEJ in just a short span of time. GEJ's achievements sends Yaradua's name to Oblivion and challenges OBJ's 8 years achievement in just less than 3years.

Nissan is setting the pace, and others will follow.

Let's give credit to our very own GoodLuck "Mandela" Jonathan.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by DukeNija(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
idupaul: Jonathan is a dreamer if you think Nissan is going to open an assembly plant run with Generators then you must be Joking .

Jonathan is a dreamer and you are a 'fuul' I'd rather be a dreamer, because dreams can come true!

4 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by sagio09: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
This is simply under-development,why can't they train Undergraduates and open a company 4 them so as to do sumtin meaningful,why Chinese?When would we"Nigerians" develop our country by ourselves? We no dey buy abeg!!
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Dgoz(m): 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
This one no be ''Discussion Continues'' again, na ''Discussion Don Finish''
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by rockiedink(m): 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
geeez:

You've splashed your low intelligence and knowledge over the www

Next, there's no fast rail between Lagos and Ibadan and no one uses those dead tracks to move goods. The last I heard was that it takes one week to move goods from Lagos to Ibadan. Which serious business person will consider that means of transportation

Once again I ask, what has the FG done?

Bros, you're very wrong on this one. The rail line is currently used to run both passenger and cargo services onlong that line and well beyond Ibadan. I have personally witnessed these trains on several occasions in the last 2 weeks. The passenger services along that route exceed 10 different services with an average of 10 carriages per train...

If you don't know, don't conclude. Ask people who live along or close to the tracks to confirm this story.

11 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by iretiland: 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Will these new Nissan cars be of the same international quality or of "Nigerian quality" for affordability? Check out how the sales price of those Nissan cars and count how many Nigerians will be able to afford them especially now that this Govt is helping to widen the gap between the (stealingly) rich and the (hardworking) poor.

If Nissan can't achieve its projected revenue to stay in business, they will fold up and go. It is true that Nigerians are importing a large volume of cars, but these are mostly +6yrs. This govt has a deficit of ideas -or as they say in other lands - the govt is "out of touch" with the ordinary Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Keneking: How does rhetoric (planning to setup in Nigeria) translate to ROI( return on investment).... WoolWorths has left Nigeria angry

This man must be high on something!!!
WoolWorths left Nigeria because they could not cope with the high competition in the sector, which has better known brands doing very well. If you don't know what to comment, switch your device off.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Planning to own my car next year, make them do fast sharpely
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by hiuser(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
Kachi188: Not too long ago, we announced a new National Automobile Policy. I am happy to note that the policy is now attracting great interest in our country with the consequential benefit for job creation and savings for our nation. The announcement by the Nissan Corporation that it will be investing in our country by way of manufacturing its brand of cars in Nigeria is very heart warming. With the confirmation that Nigeria ranks fourth in the world as the fastest Return on Investment (RoI), I hereby call on other world class automobile manufacturers and other businesses to also begin their journey to establish factories in Nigeria as we have a well trained and hardworking work force, at home and abroad, ready to add value to the growth of businesses and our country. GEJ

Source; Goodluck Jonathan facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck?refid=52

Cars built in mind! @gospels sounds like mercy not grace!

You can happen with it!
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:
Here they are again
this APC e-goats were never dont have the mental capacity to rise above hate.
bunch of reprobate minds
Must you insult people of divergent opinions? Please be more civil in making your points known as u need to rise above "hate" your self. Back up your points with facts and we'll respect you.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by LadyH(f): 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
time...

#teamfreshair

2 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
geeez: Lagos is moving forward

The atmosphere is attracting investment

Watch for Elizade's Toyota assembly plant in three to four years

God bless our land

Give GEJ some credit ! Nigeria is moving 4ward.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana / Saraki's Birthday Cake To Shehu Sani (Photos) / No Going Back On Ekpeyong, Oke’s Arrest, Says Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.