Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria (21173 Views)

Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Exclusive Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:
Mr man stop been a tribalist and admit that gej has been fair to Lagos.
is that so hard to admit if you're not bias or do u need proofs?I have lots of em
Is that what you call fairness? Methinks he is only doing the right thing. Even though there's still under performance in his yet-to - be completed tenure.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by mankand(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Another kangaroo project from a promise and fail leader. We are still waiting for the refineries before I forget.

In as much as the policy is a nice one, why not encourage indigenous car makers? Why not encourage the likes of Innoson by patronising them, urging nigerians to do the same.

Sometimes I think if our leaders think with their head or their anus. Yet some nigerians will come out bashing and bragging. What facilities have you prepared for them? When we are still experiencing epileptic electricity added to high crime rate causing unrest in the country.

Naija Don enter one chance
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by gigfx: 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
GEJ sold power holding, still NO POWER. I wonder what he will sell if he enter for 2015. I will not be surprise if all FEDERAL ROADS are put for sales.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by kennytidistar(m): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
geeez:

You've splashed your low intelligence and knowledge over the www

To start with, I will say, is that all?

Next, the $200m is a loan, which will be paid back on a project that isn't the FG's idea

Next the Lekki Port is an idea conceived by Lagos and powered by Lagos.

Next, there's no fast rail between Lagos and Ibadan and no one uses those dead tracks to move goods. The last I heard was that it takes one week to move goods from Lagos to Ibadan. Which serious business person will consider that means of transportation

The 3MB is an existing bridge and I'm on the bridge now and the lights aren't working. Every streetlight that comes on at night in Lagos powered by the LASG. I have an office in Apapa and the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway is still as horrible as ever, even worse

The refinery, which has not even commenced, is not the FG's idea

Once again I ask, what has the FG done?

wetin this one dey poo self? so the fact that you learnt otm 201 mean that you should turn to vagabond? I beg give GEJ the kudos joooor, because I know quite well that left to your fashola the increase in tuition fee from 30,000 to 300,000 would not have given you the privilege to know what is gns 101, abi moparo?

4 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by JaaizTech: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
Even though i may sound like a doubting thomas, but i can see marks of campaign and an attempt to fool us to accept the increment in custom duties on tokunboh cars. An MOU has just being signed and we already talking about producing the first cars in January 2014? Some people must think they are talking to babies!.
And why increase custom duties on used cars Isn't it wiser to reduce duties on new cars in order to make their prices more attractive
FG, How much are you paying a level 10 - 12 officer that you now expect him to be able to drive a brand new car without stealing?
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by daylae(m): 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:
Mr man stop been a tribalist and admit that gej has been fair to Lagos.
is that so hard to admit if you're not bias or do u need proofs?I have lots of em
its not about the president being fair to lagos,has more to do with the investors' choice of location. They delibrately made lagos as a choice for obvious reasons.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by EzeCanada: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
These set of individuals need to die and rot away for an Imaginary Country like Nigeria to make progress.

So the Federal Government of Nigeria is all of a sudden irrelevant or non-existent because a South Southerner is the President? Where is thy conscience?

This is first class hatred, tribalism and nepotism made from hell. What a nincompoop!!!
geeez:

I've seen impressive and massive industrialization in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Osun with new factories springing up

I know a lot has to do with what the states are doing to attract investments

Have you wondered why these things aren't happening in Borno or Ebonyi (two different challenges, same results)
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Mexyz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmmm...who's that guy that said Gej need to encourage Nigerians to buy innoson cars? As a right thinking Nigerian, do you need to be told to buy made in Nigeria products?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Vincent41(m): 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
Kachi188: Not too long ago, we announced a new National Automobile Policy. I am happy to note that the policy is now attracting great interest in our country with the consequential benefit for job creation and savings for our nation. The announcement by the Nissan Corporation that it will be investing in our country by way of manufacturing its brand of cars in Nigeria is very heart warming. With the confirmation that Nigeria ranks fourth in the world as the fastest Return on Investment (RoI), I hereby call on other world class automobile manufacturers and other businesses to also begin their journey to establish factories in Nigeria as we have a well trained and hardworking work force, at home and abroad, ready to add value to the growth of businesses and our country. GEJ

Source; Goodluck Jonathan facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck?refid=52

lozzz..lies
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by nero69: 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
idupaul: Jonathan is a dreamer if you think Nissan is going to open an assembly plant run with Generators then you must be Joking .

You guys should grow up. I live in a country where Toyota have the biggest plant outside Japan. They had to beg the government to allow toyota generate power by itself. Cheaper and 100 % reliable. If nisssn can build cars what makes you think lPP is a problem them?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
From observation, this is topic is best suited for politics section and not cartalk section.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by gerald09(m): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
olabukola: Almost 300 views but 8 post. It seems Nigerians don't like good thing.
They will find a way to make it a bad thing. Optimism to Nigerians is a western thing. Well 53 years of crappy government, would u blame dem.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by slimikenna(m): 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
geeez:

You've splashed your low intelligence and knowledge over the www

To start with, I will say, is that all?

Next, the $200m is a loan, which will be paid back on a project that isn't the FG's idea

Next the Lekki Port is an idea conceived by Lagos and powered by Lagos.

Next, there's no fast rail between Lagos and Ibadan and no one uses those dead tracks to move goods. The last I heard was that it takes one week to move goods from Lagos to Ibadan. Which serious business person will consider that means of transportation

The 3MB is an existing bridge and I'm on the bridge now and the lights aren't working. Every streetlight that comes on at night in Lagos powered by the LASG. I have an office in Apapa and the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway is still as horrible as ever, even worse

The refinery, which has not even commenced, is not the FG's idea

Once again I ask, what has the FG done?

verify each of those projects cos am sure the guy you said has a low intelligence was correct in some projects.

And also try to understand how govt works before attributing any 'democracy dividend' to the governor of your state.

while you are at it, learn to give credit to whom it is due. and stop insulting another person cos of a difference in opinion.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by gustdableman(m): 9:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Duke_Nija:

Jonathan is a dreamer and you are a 'fuul' I'd rather be a dreamer, because dreams can come true!
bro, you have time to interact with those low class uneducated fellows, they want job creation, they want good things, still they are complaining of having it.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by hiuser(m): 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
israel007:

I bet you would have said the something about MTN before they came to Nigeria

Like minded!
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by hiuser(m): 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
New cars on the road!
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
ireti_land: Will these new Nissan cars be of the same international quality or of "Nigerian quality" for affordability? Check out how the sales price of those Nissan cars and count how many Nigerians will be able to afford them especially now that this Govt is helping to widen the gap between the (stealingly) rich and the (hardworking) poor.

If Nissan can't achieve its projected revenue to stay in business, they will fold up and go. It is true that Nigerians are importing a large volume of cars, but these are mostly +6yrs. This govt has a deficit of ideas -or as they say in other lands - the govt is "out of touch" with the ordinary Nigerian.
you think the germans starting manufacturing world class vehicles from day one?
Anyway,don't worry,by the time FG bans imported cars,you will have to spiritually conjure your 'superior' foreign cars or buy at very exorbitant prices from unpatriotic smugglers.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by proudlyAfrica(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:
please read your post line by line,word for word and with full concentration and when you're done quietly step outside your house(if u have any),look to the sky and ask God ,please lord was I created to be this stupid and hopeless?
wasted soul
....hahahahahahahahahahaha....bros abeg pity'm na....eventhough na mud house & thatched roof, him papa no fit build'm!! Habaaaa!!! Mtcheew SMH!

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by koboko69: 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
As long as we don't have power, good roads, refineries. I'm not interested in stories from GEJ! Thank you!

Everyday we hear of JTF destroying illegal refineries, if oil thieves and militants can refine crude oil without problems I wonder why u block heads keep exporting crude and importing refined products all because of the subsidy fraud babaginda started.

We are suffering seriously from the multiplier effect of power failure and bad roads.

Mr president...set your priorities right!
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by gustdableman(m): 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
geeez:

And these are the reasons why Nissan is opening an assembly plant in Lagos and not Abuja?

And tell me which of these projects are complete or even started?

The only one that is complete was faulty even before commissioning

Lagos has done more for itself to ensure these investments keep coming in than the FG has

Every project listed do not in anyway critically impact investments

Lagos has rehabilitated several kilometers of federal roads and still counting

Lagos invests more in security than the FG does

These are the things that attract investment
guy i'm so ashamed of you sincerelly speaking, i was born and brought up in lagos please tell me the federal road lagos state government has done and the water,bla bla bla you listed. please appreciate others
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by muktarmtt(m): 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
olabukola: Almost 300 views but 8 post. It seems Nigerians don't like good thing.
Daz not true my broda no b 2day we here dis talk talk we r tired of long talking wit out seeying d work on ground.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by DeZoro(m): 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
This is a good news for the Nigeria Economy. GEJ is really manifesting his educational attribute and intelligence. Nissan! here they come.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Those using electricity as an excuse are naive.
India suffers from power cuts just like Nigeria,but they're an industrial giant with various major indigenous car manufacturers.
Yes,we have to improve the quality of electricity,but that dosen't mean we should just fold our hands and wait until we have 24/7 electricity supply.
The various manufacturing companies like dangote and co have been able to create relatively cheap power for themselves through gas and other means.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
geeez:

[/b]

Judging by the time of your last post to this moment, I will take it that you were using free internet at work and you probably have left the office. grin grin

Back to business.

Bros am not a fan of FG or any state government because they'v all performed below average in a real world. Looking at your argument I am beginning to wonder if Lagos is still in Nigeria or not. Because if it is, then I am a bit disappointed giving that you failed to realize that the actions/in-actions of any government either at federal or state level robs off all other state/level in a country; directly or indirectly. Until you understand that you will never stop arguing about issues like this.

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
koboko69: As long as we don't have power, good roads, refineries. I'm not interested in stories from GEJ! Thank you!

Mr president set your priorities right!!!!!
The roads are being fixed everyday even APC will agree.
Power has been privitized and should yield dividends soonest.
New Refineries are coming on stream next year through private investments from dangote and indorama.
What else do you want?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
GEJ lost my vote when he pardoned Stella Oduah but on this development, Sir you just won back my vote. grin grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by ronnietilo: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Why not let's talk about how this GEJ GOVT has tackled corruption which is nigeria greatest problem.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by iterator25: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
mankand: Another kangaroo project from a promise and fail leader. We are still waiting for the refineries before I forget.

In as much as the policy is a nice one, why not encourage indigenous car makers? Why not encourage the likes of Innoson by patronising them, urging nigerians to do the same.

Sometimes I think if our leaders think with their head or their anus. Yet some nigerians will come out bashing and bragging. What facilities have you prepared for them? When we are still experiencing epileptic electricity added to high crime rate causing unrest in the country.

Naija Don enter one chance

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
DeZoro: This is a good news for the Nigeria Economy. GEJ is really manifesting his educational attribute and intelligence. Nissan! here they come.

Thank you very much. Do you think Buhari could ever get Nissan to build cars in Nigeria?
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by koboko69: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
solomon111: The roads are being fixed everyday even APC will agree.
Power has been privitized and should yield dividends soonest.
New Refineries are coming on stream next year through private investments from dangote and indorama.
What else do you want?

Plz which roads? A simple example oh yes Ibadan express road is one of them. Awarded like how many times? Is it the same power sector that was sold to themselves? How long we will depend on dangote in Nigeria? Any body that tries to compete with him will be frustrated out of the biz, or delt with in one way of the other. Mr man all u wrote are still assumptions. We have heard this over and over again. First things first!
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
solomon111: Those using electricity as an excuse are naive.
India suffers from power cuts just like Nigeria,but they're an industrial giant with various major indigenous car manufacturers.
Yes,we have to improve the quality of electricity,but that dosen't mean we should just fold our hands and wait until we have 24/7 electricity supply.
The various manufacturing companies like dangote and co have been able to create relatively cheap power for themselves through gas and other means.

You get time sha.....A lot of these forumites are very ignorant of things going on in the country and the world. I guess it's our job to educate them.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Its a good development for Nigeria and its citizens

Atleast will create more jobs and with time more car investors will come in and brand new cars will become affordable and cheaper.

I hate it when people spend so much millions purchasing a tokunbo cars.

Nice 1 Jona! I commend u on this 1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Price Hike: Crack In Labour Camp Weakens Planned Strike / South East August Meeting In Imo, 3 Governors' Wifes, Mrs Anenih, Emodi Attend / Police Disperse Buhari-must-go Protesters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.