Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,685 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria (21168 Views)

Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Exclusive Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by lastpage: 10:04am On Dec 07, 2013
fabulous4u:
your foolishness is legendary.
go and ask India how it manufactures and exports auto with its epileptic power supply or are u afraid to ask?
APC e-goat

Maybe you should first ask yourself whether like Nigeria, India's total annual power generation is 3,000 MW!

India's total power generation tops 200-GIGA WATTS (Not mega watts!)
Source: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-06-03/news/32006539_1_thermal-power-project-power-exchange-power-generation

Maybe its your turn today to "do the job" here on nairaland so carry-on and try to dispute logic with your asinine comments.
ASUU will soon resume so you can go back to school for more failed education!
I cant even stoop low by exchanging ideas with an imp like you!

Lastpage!

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by neobusiness(m): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2013
geeez:

You've splashed your low intelligence and knowledge over the www

To start with, I will say, is that all?

Next, the $200m is a loan, which will be paid back on a project that isn't the FG's idea

Next the Lekki Port is an idea conceived by Lagos and powered by Lagos.

Next, there's no fast rail between Lagos and Ibadan and no one uses those dead tracks to move goods. The last I heard was that it takes one week to move goods from Lagos to Ibadan. Which serious business person will consider that means of transportation

The 3MB is an existing bridge and I'm on the bridge now and the lights aren't working. Every streetlight that comes on at night in Lagos powered by the LASG. I have an office in Apapa and the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway is still as horrible as ever, even worse

The refinery, which has not even commenced, is not the FG's idea

Once again I ask, what has the FG done?

@ geez. Ur defense is baseless enough. You hv bn shown credible and verifiable facts to the pointer that GEJ is indeed working. All I expect is for you to admit these points and then expose areas deemed necessary of GEJ's actions and I think that makes u a better critic of the Jonathan's administration. Just my candid opinion
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by charles316: 10:42am On Dec 07, 2013
Nigerians here are confused. Pres gej s policy is a nice idea but should he increase the tariff even before NISSAN set their foot in d country. That is the main issue. So Nigerians have to pay ludicrous import duty until Nissan starts producing the cars. How long will that take?? What about Toyota and co Or are we all being forced to drive Nissan

Rubbish
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by igchuka(m): 10:47am On Dec 07, 2013
geeez:

And these are the reasons why Nissan is opening an assembly plant in Lagos and not Abuja?

And tell me which of these projects are complete or even started?

The only one that is complete was faulty even before commissioning

Lagos has done more for itself to ensure these investments keep coming in than the FG has

Every project listed do not in anyway critically impact investments

Lagos has rehabilitated several kilometers of federal roads and still counting

Lagos invests more in security than the FG does

These are the things that attract investment
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by igchuka(m): 10:49am On Dec 07, 2013
geeez:

And these are the reasons why Nissan is opening an assembly plant in Lagos and not Abuja?

And tell me which of these projects are complete or even started?

The only one that is complete was faulty even before commissioning

Lagos has done more for itself to ensure these investments keep coming in than the FG has

Every project listed do not in anyway critically impact investments

Lagos has rehabilitated several kilometers of federal roads and still counting

Lagos invests more in security than the FG does

These are the things that attract investment

Lagos does not contribute one-tenth of what FG spends on security, so stop misinforming the public. Lagos is at a prime position as a result of concentration of projects by FG over the years, so the natural place for investors to go to would be lagos. Lagos has benefited more from FG investor drive because of its location fullstop.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by niceeric(m): 11:11am On Dec 07, 2013
fabulous4u:
you are the one with a faulty brain,go and ask India how it manufactures and export cars with epileptic power supply
please do simple research before commenting that's been made easy by Google.
first And foremost,I must Say u are one of the team fresh air guys causing yourselves disgrace all over NL threads.usually I don't like insulting people cost of their ignorance but I will still say this-u are a sick motherfuka...how dare u compare epileptic power supply in a country with vast energy projects and growing needs with Nigeria?Read this And educate your silly self- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_India ..they produce electricity in most plants in Gigawatts while ur country. still battle meagre megawatts after choppin money...to answer ur question anyway...household power is d epileptic power they were talking about in d thread dat made you insult someone u should b learning from and not industrial power...for Christ sake..they r d fourth largest power consumer in d world!And they even produce nuclear electricity that your country hasn't even started dreaming of....a word of advice anyways,dont u ever compare Nigeria With. India..they got a serious government
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by fabulous4u: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2013
lastpage:

Maybe you should first ask yourself whether like Nigeria, India's total annual power generation is 3,000 MW!

Source: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-06-03/news/32006539_1_thermal-power-project-power-exchange-power-generation

Maybe its your turn today to "do the job" here on nairaland so carry-on and try to dispute logic with your asinine comments.

Lastpage!
you just prove that you are indeed a typical ignoramus.
read this and be enlightened
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-15/super-blackouts-show-india-s-need-to-focus-on-its-grid.html
now can u please admit that half education is telling on u?
APC e-goat

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by niceeric(m): 11:21am On Dec 07, 2013
fabulous4u:
you are the one with a faulty brain,go and ask India how it manufactures and export cars with epileptic power supply
please do simple research before commenting that's been made easy by Google.
Do u Know wat an Indian friend of mine Just said about your post?Let me tell You...he said his house in india has no generator cos their 'epileptic' supply is better than the Cancer supply in Nigeria!Do some thinking on this-thats if u can think anyway
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by fabulous4u: 11:25am On Dec 07, 2013
niceeric:
first And foremost,I must Say u are one of the team fresh air guys causing yourselves disgrace all over NL threads.usually I don't like insulting people cost of their ignorance but I will still say this-u are a sick motherfuka...how dare u compare epileptic power supply in a country with vast energy projects and growing needs with Nigeria?Read this And educate your silly self- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_India ..they produce electricity in most plants in Gigawatts while ur country. still battle meagre megawatts after choppin money...to answer ur question anyway...household power is d epileptic power they were talking about in d thread dat made you insult someone u should b learning from and not industrial power...for Christ sake..they r d fourth largest power consumer in d world!And they even produce nuclear electricity that your country hasn't even started dreaming of....a word of advice anyways,dont u ever compare Nigeria With. India..they got a serious government
long story.....simple summary!they produce giga watts of electricity but can't boast of stable power supply,but can boast of auto industries ,so what's stopping Nigeria from copying their style?
APC e-goats can't help but think ,talk and reason like failed projects

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by niceeric(m): 11:27am On Dec 07, 2013
fabulous4u:
you just prove that you are indeed a typical ignoramus.
read this and be enlightened
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-15/super-blackouts-show-india-s-need-to-focus-on-its-grid.html
now can u please admit that half education is telling on u?
APC e-goat
boy,u r crazie!!!!!did that thread just say they had blackouts cost of an error that occurred and that it has been resolvedu used that as a pointdo u AV power supply in your house?days if u have one...I wonder why kids are allowed in here

1 Like

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by niceeric(m): 11:31am On Dec 07, 2013
fabulous4u:
long story.....simple summary!they produce giga watts of electricity but can't boast of stable power supply,but can boast of auto industries ,so what's stopping Nigeria from copying their style?
APC e-goats can't help but think ,talk and reason like failed projects
Jesus!!!!! so u didn't/couldn't read d post to see where your useless question was answered??My God...we cant discuss on any issue ever..ur moniker has been marked by me..I won't bring myself so low to talk to u,never ever
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by fabulous4u: 11:45am On Dec 07, 2013
niceeric:
Jesus!!!!! so u didn't/couldn't read d post to see where your useless question was answered??My God...we cant discuss on any issue ever..ur moniker has been marked by me..I won't bring myself so low to talk to u,never ever
cos I'm way above your league,now get lost u certified ignoramus.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by eaglechild: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2013
ireti_land: Will these new Nissan cars be of the same international quality or of "Nigerian quality" for affordability? Check out how the sales price of those Nissan cars and count how many Nigerians will be able to afford them especially now that this Govt is helping to widen the gap between the (stealingly) rich and the (hardworking) poor.

If Nissan can't achieve its projected revenue to stay in business, they will fold up and go. It is true that Nigerians are importing a large volume of cars, but these are mostly +6yrs. This govt has a deficit of ideas -or as they say in other lands - the govt is "out of touch" with the ordinary Nigerian.
Nissan just launched the 'DATSUN GO" in India.
The car costs about 1 million naira brand new.
It is targeted at the Indian market.
This is the kind of car Nissan hopes to assemble in Nigeria not necessarily the maxima, pathfinder, or armada.

Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Forwetinnah: 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
gonon:
Lagos state does not generate their own electricity. They receive power from the national grid so don't come here and insult people who know what they are saying. If lagos generates they own electricity then state like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, etc which have 100MW plants also generate they own electricity.

Abi? Some folks will say anything to discredit the FG, I just taya!
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
mankand: high crime rate causing unrest in the country.
Mexico, the kidnap headquarters of the world has a far higher crime rate than Nigeria, yet it has over 5 auto assembly/manufacturing plants. Even Brazil's crime rate is higher than that of the whole West Africa put together, yet we import heavy duty city (luxurious) buses from there.

I don't see why as Nigerians we desperately find excuse of/for reasons why we shouldn't do anything and thus, fail. If we want change, clamour for change, yet we don't want a change in the staus quo ante. Then how do we change?
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by ballabriggs: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
The only thing this policy will lead to is a rise in the prices of automobiles in Nigeria similar to the Latin American countries in the early 1990s. Nigeria today is not an efficient country for vehicle manufacturing.

Nigeria does not have the capacity to compete with other countries in automobile manufacturing, cannot produce enough to meet domestic demand and will still need to import the bulk of its cars.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by ballabriggs: 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
Flyboy Zee:
Mexico, the kidnap headquarters of the world has a far higher crime rate than Nigeria, yet it has over 5 auto assembly/manufacturing plants. Even Brazil's crime rate is higher than that of the whole West Africa put together, yet we import heavy duty city (luxurious) buses from there.

I don't see why as Nigerians we desperately find excuse of/for reasons why we shouldn't do anything and thus, fail. If we want change, clamour for change, yet we don't want a change in the staus quo ante. Then how do we change?

You better stop mentioning Mexico as Mexico benefits through the NAFTA and tariff free trade to the US. The Mexican and the Nigerian case should not be compared.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by God1stson(m): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
[quote author=remark D]Buddy, we know how much y'all love Lagos (as opposed to Oyo or Ibadan) ... but why not give credit to whom credit is due?

You know if the president was a northerner or some tribalistic goon that for whatever reason, as Obasanjo did, seek to marginalise Lagos... do you think this news will even be rumored, talkless of having a good prospect as it does now?

GEJ aint like that... whether it is an int'l airport in Enugu... or a manufacturing plant in Lagos... improved agricultural
GEj is a silent achiever he is addressing the fundermental issues of our economy in d face of stack enemity from few nothern & western elites advancing Boko.Some immature fake football fans, on this forum are not left out,since they cannot see beyond their noses and understand that even B4 GEJ stepped on d throne; some people have vowed to make him an uderachiever.But AS GOD LIVES ,TENURE X (X: X >2015>=2019). Amen
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by experience16: 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Your government should fight corruption and provide basic aminities like power and good roads for small scale industries such as farming, barbing, tailoring, etc to thrive. If there is power the barber, for example, who is also a graduate won't be roaming the street looking for job. The President should stop celebrating foreign investors as being the panacea of joblessness.
Mr man,take ur time to read what u have just posted and tell me if ur level of reasoning is not too low.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by JaaizTech: 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
charles316: Nigerians here are confused. Pres gej s policy is a nice idea but should he increase the tariff even before NISSAN set their foot in d country. That is the main issue. So Nigerians have to pay ludicrous import duty until Nissan starts producing the cars. How long will that take?? What about Toyota and co Or are we all being forced to drive Nissan

Rubbish

This just tells you what all these are about. It is about increasing custom duties, you won't be seeing Nissan in 2014, it is all crap.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by Kumalayer(m): 12:10am On Dec 09, 2013
lastpage:

Lastpage!
WOW!!! U are one of d little sensible people together wit niceeric dat ar in Nairaland,i dont love commenting because i have how some idiots will always find a way to abuse u,Nigeria is going nowhere dis way maybe we should even part our ways 100 years now we are still were we are,we will rise sooner dan later and we will bring dem down from jonathan to obasanjo to atiku......
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 11:26am On Dec 09, 2013
ballabriggs:

You better stop mentioning Mexico as Mexico benefits through the NAFTA and tariff free trade to the US. The Mexican and the Nigerian case should not be compared.
So also is Nigeria supposed to benefit from the ECOWAS. But, since we won't produce anything, other countries (Ghana, Benin, Togo, etc) in the region are taking advantage of our population and unproductivity to boost their economy.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
Flyboy Zee:

but Mexico has power and good roads which Nigeria lacks
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Flyboy Zee:
So also is Nigeria supposed to benefit from the ECOWAS. But, since we won't produce anything, other countries (Ghana, Benin, Togo, etc) in the region are taking advantage of our population and unproductivity to boost their economy.

What Ghana, Benin and Togo are doing is to have efficient ports and good rapport with the bad eggs in the customs to smuggle in imported quality goods at cheap rates.

If only our ports can be efficient and cheap, the ecowas countries will be put out of business. Do you know how many Nigerian children now attend primary and secondary school in Benin? Its cheaper than our private schools here and more efficient plus the kids get to board and learn french. That is how they create value from us.
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by topgunner: 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/nissan-to-establish-assembly-plant/

with social media now, everybody has an opinion. It baffles that me some Nigerians can't just see even if you press their heads against the image. You have people attacking me for my earlier post on this matter,even if they don't understand what is being discussed

l pointed out that mr president lied and people don't take that serious

he said his policy is now yeilding results because NISSAN has decided to Invest in that sector

BIG LIE!!!

they announced that decision 15 months earlier

follow the above link dated Sept 14 2012
Re: GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria by topgunner: 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
niceeric:

Well said Mr Geeez

who is this fabulous4U "fabulous fool"?
Guy you no go School? You need information dude! stop getting Caught up in those APC , PDP nonsense
this discussion has nothing to do with that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South East August Meeting In Imo, 3 Governors' Wifes, Mrs Anenih, Emodi Attend / Ramaphosa To PMB: We Regret Attacks But Have To Address Poverty, Crime / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.