Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Nelson Mandela Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (65900 Views)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' / Nelson Mandela Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 06, 2013
rudedough:

God can come kiss my a$$. God cannot do anything about the sufferings of Christians that he collects a 10% of their pay check but President Mandela liberated his people and gave them a better life.

So tell your God to sit his stealing a$$ somewhere cos Nelson Mandela is far greater than him and please don't derail this thread cos I have greater respect for Mandela than your God.
i see you done finally lost whats left of your gaddem mind
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by badmrkt(m): 12:11am On Dec 06, 2013
badmrkt: When I die I'll keep on living! He lives on!
Safarina wont had been better without your struggles.
Aparthied would had continued if not you!
Its a privilege you to be in my generation!
R I P pop!
RIP Hero!

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 06, 2013
The light of a continent, the hero of the whole world, the emperor of South Africa, rest in peace. We will always remember you. You were a good man with a great heart. God grant you, Madiba eternal life.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by gothrones(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP Madiba!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Cheks01(f): 12:14am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP, great man!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Originalsly: 12:15am On Dec 06, 2013
No man in hundreds of years has been stripped of his dignity and freedom for tens of years....and rose to such heights and international popularity as Nelson Mandela ...a man of strong will...of determination...of conviction... of humility ...of forgiveness.. and compassion. May his legacy live until the end of time. R.I.P
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Chrisnwogu(m): 12:17am On Dec 06, 2013
a true legend of our time .... Glad he was here for us to see
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by iceglo(f): 12:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Cheii......R I P
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by DonaldGenes(m): 12:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Now in front of Nelson Mandela's Houghton home. More and more people coming through to show love.

how many likes?

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by EyesWideOpen(m): 12:19am On Dec 06, 2013
cry
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by godwinony(m): 12:20am On Dec 06, 2013
JNdupu: I turned off the lights in my kitchen and stepped into my back garden. Looking up into the sky, I could make out an unusual number of stars in the normally light-polluted London night vista.

They were all unblinking, so I implored with all my senses tuned to the max ... "which one of you carries the spirit of our Baba Nelson? Abeg this poor African wants to say goodbye oh, show me a sign."

To the north east, one started blinking furiously. I thought it was one of those aircrafts normally criss-crossing that skyline as they approach or depart Heathrow but this one was not moving.

Oh boy, I raised my two fists towards that star and wished Baba Nelson safe journey. I thanked him for sharing the same stardust that created all Africans with my humble self. My grandma will have hot gbegiri soup waiting for him of that I'm sure.

When I finished, I'm at peace with myself because I know Nelson Mandela is at peace, suffers no more. I've never been surer of anything in my life ... well, apart from the fact I will be the subject of gossip when my watching 82 year old neighbor next sits down for tea with her other busy body friends that already think I'm an insane cookie into the dark arts.
I was bracing myself for a nice movie script preview..
Please consider going into movie production.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by anslemkel(m): 12:21am On Dec 06, 2013
R.i.p Nelson Mandela
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by bhagghio(m): 12:21am On Dec 06, 2013
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one that you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
#‎RIPNelsonMandela
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Horus(m): 12:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by jenniffer18: 12:23am On Dec 06, 2013
I feel like I just last my grandfather sad this is just so sad
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 06, 2013
Elliozy: Dude you're sick..What does religion has to do with the death of a Hero? Smh

Did you not read the quote I was replying to? Or you just want to attack me for talking down on your God.

Here is the post from your Christian brother.

obadiah777: so you would respect the dead but not God ? weirdo

If you Christians don't like Atheists talking down on your God, then don't refer Atheists to your God. Respect is reciprocal.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 06, 2013
I thought this day would never come. First was Michael Jackson, now Nelson Mandela. With these two now gone, all we have left is banal ordinariness.

Growing up, these two great personages were the ONLY people on earth I considered immortal. I took it for granted that they would always be there - as entities that were larger-than-life, and larger than death for that matter. Sadly, I now know better.

An era has ended, and if there was any doubt about the vanity and temporariness of our existence, it has been erased for good.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by DonaldGenes(m): 12:24am On Dec 06, 2013
Inspiring, sad, droll, eerie, and nostalgic photos of Mandela with celebrities and leaders

Mandella with Michelle Obama and Daughters

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by ganshious(m): 12:24am On Dec 06, 2013
rest in peace pa mandela
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Brymo: 12:26am On Dec 06, 2013
a big Iroko has fallen, adeiu papa!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by jenniffer18: 12:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Am dedicating this song to my African hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySVjzlI0FQg...
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: i see you done finally lost whats left of your gaddem mind

Well I see you're bent on derailing this thread. Let me give you something to work on.

List 1 thing only that your God has done for mankind. Please don't refer me to the bible, I want you to point it out in reality.

And I will show you 1000 things Mandela has done for South Africa.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2013
onitshaigbo: [b] Mandela sold out the blacks of South Africa, and in this sense, sold out Africans everywhere.

Today, South Africa, unlike its neighbour Zimbabwe, is still dominated by the whites economically.

In affluent neighbourhoods of that country, black faces are the minority while the whites, who have no business being in that country, form the majority. All this, while millions of black South Africans live in shantytowns.

Tell me, did Mandela really liberate his country from the whites? Do you see China or Japan or even poor India being dominated by whites in their own countries?

Whites still have a stranglehold on the country's resources, corporations, and the profits reaped from them.

Mandela only managed to enrich his fellow ANC people, and neglected the rest of black South Africa.

Instead of seeing their terrible plight, black South Africans routinely target fellow Africans living in their midst with the utmost cruelty. All this because they are scarred psychologically from century of white oppression.

Mandela will never be a hero in my eyes. Mandela isn't fit to polish the shoes of Robert Mugabe.[/b]

Hate this message all you want, but it is the truth. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela is a hero only to those who do not know the full story.
I always say that if you base your opinions on what you have been told by the media, you are almost certainly incorrect.
Mandela's deal with the white settlers guaranteed them the best of everything and did zero for South Africans. Today, a South African has to try to make it in the city because he has no ancestral land to return to and farm - all the land is owned by white thieves. Imagine if you lost your livelihood in Lagos and you have nowhere to return to because your ancestral home and land in Abia or Osun has been stolen by foreigners, and your government does not recognise you as the owner of that land. You are an immigrant in your own country. This is the reality for Blacks in South Africa - except for less than 2 million in the cities who are middle class, the rest are desperately poor, landless, traumatised people packed into ghettoes like Soweto.
This is why they resent you as an African going there to do business - because you have somewhere to go home to, they don't. There were also freedom fighters from the ANC imprisoned along with him who are still in prison now, designated as "terrorists", their crime being to fight for freedom in their own land. Why are they still in prison if the cause they went to prison for is what has won?
Nelson Mandela had the unique opportunity to make things right and he chose to go and dine with the white crooks instead of helping his own. Isn't this what we hate our own leaders for over here?
Why is his case different?
Because CNN and BBC told you that he is a Very Good And Exemplary African Leader?
Because Hollywood released 'Invictus' with Morgan Freeman?

One day you all will have to understand the need to think for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 06, 2013
rudedough:

Well I see you're bent on derailing this thread. Let me give you something to work on.

List 1 thing only that your God has done for mankind. Please don't refer me to the bible, I want you to point it out in reality.

And I will show you 1000 things Mandela has done for South Africa.
God created Mandela. that trumps whatever you can come up with about Mandela grin

4 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by gothrones(m): 12:33am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: God created Mandela. that trumps whatever you can come up with about Mandela grin
God also created Hitler.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by DonaldGenes(m): 12:34am On Dec 06, 2013
I wish our own phantasgomoria set of politicians can take a cue from Mandella
Goodnight
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 06, 2013
daz_york:

Hate this message all you want, but it is the truth. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela is a hero only to those who do not know the full story.
I always say that if you base your opinions on what you have been told by the media, you are almost certainly incorrect.
Mandela's deal with the white settlers guaranteed them the best of everything and did zero for South Africans. Today, a South African has to try to make it in the city because he has no ancestral land to return to and farm - all the land is owned by white thieves. Imagine if you lost your livelihood in Lagos and you have nowhere to return to because your ancestral home and land in Abia or Osun has been stolen by foreigners, and your government does not recognise you as the owner of that land. You are an immigrant in your own country. This is the reality for Blacks in South Africa - except for less than 2 million in the cities who are middle class, the rest are desperately poor, landless, traumatised people packed into ghettoes like Soweto.
This is why they resent you as an African going there to do business - because you have somewhere to go home to, they don't. There were also freedom fighters from the ANC imprisoned along with him who are still in prison now, designated as "terrorists", their crime being to fight for freedom in their own land. Why are they still in prison if the cause they went to prison for is what has won?
Nelson Mandela had the unique opportunity to make things right and he chose to go and dine with the white crooks instead of helping his own. Isn't this what we hate our own leaders for over here?
Why is his case different?
Because CNN and BBC told you that he is a Very Good And Exemplary African Leader?
Because Hollywood released 'Invictus' with Morgan Freeman?

One day you all will have to understand the need to think for yourself.

You don't get what we are saying here.

You and your friend may be right but this is not the right time nor the right thread to voice this opinion.

Have some respect for the dead.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 06, 2013
gothrones:
God also created Hitler.
stick to the topic. we talking about Mandela. of course God created hitler

proverbs 16 vs 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by onome25(m): 12:35am On Dec 06, 2013
DEAR MANDELA , AS A TRUE SON OF OUR CONTINENT, A HERO OF OUR GENERATION, AN ICON TO BE-BEHOLD, U INSPIRED MANY & LED BY EXAMPLE HOW ONE CAN BE BOLD WITH SINCERITY.
UR NAME WAS FASTER THAN THE WIND & BRIGHTER THAN THE LIGHT( I wish I can hav 50% of ur brightness )
I SHALL MISS U , AFRICANS SHALL MISS U & THE WORLD WILL SURELY MISS U TOO BIG DADDY........................................RIP......................................
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Countryman93: 12:40am On Dec 06, 2013
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela; the iconic manual of life's struggles, colossal star of the 20th century, the INVICTUS rests @ 95. This indeed is the end of an era. May God raise men of outstanding courage like him in our time. Men who will stand tall in the face of horrible setbacks for the noble course of humanity! This momentous day and the rush of unfathomable feelings will remain evergreen in my heart! You were the inspiration for my professional calling! You remain a lifetime inspiration for the advancement of mankind! A shining example of humility, doggedness, perseverance and forgiveness! Your profound standard of leadership remains incontestable! Words have failed me! Goodnight MADIBA!

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Dawdy(m): 12:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Mandela is dead! Allah says "every single soul will taste death" let us do good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Donald Trump Reacts To Impeachment: They Are Not After Me, They Are After You / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) / George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.