Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66660 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by xarookqh(m): 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Benjen Stark did not return from a ranging trip in a game of thrones
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
Gbola5:

Well Rohanne Webber later becomes lady of Casterly Rock, and mother to four sons including Tytos(Tywin's father) and Jason (Joanna's father). But she had a thing for Dunk. And if you read TWOIAF she disappears. No one knows why. Might be she even fathered her children on Dunk. But that's far fetched. Also did you notice in the Hedge Knight the competitors for the Ashford Tourney...did you notice any parallel with Sansa's story ? Also the fact that victors write history.

I loved a mystery knight. It was relaxing. I get who the fiddled is but who was Maynard plum. Is he a forebrear of Ben plum of the second sons.

I actually read it with them both in my mind I figured the fiddler but plum eludes me.

The blind dude at the wall played with egg...nice.

Also I don't get te bittersteel blackfyre issue. Care to enlighten me.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
armadeo:

I loved a mystery knight. It was relaxing. I get who the fiddled is but who was Maynard plum. Is he a forebrear of Ben plum of the second sons.

I actually read it with them both in my mind I figured the fiddler but plum eludes me.

Maynard Plumm IS Bloodraven. smiley

Been a while since I read The Mystery Knight , but I figured it out as soon as I read the story the very first time.

If you still don't get it, try re-reading the story and pay attention to Maynard's choice of words at the camp fire and the impression Dunk has of his "features" when he meets Maynard in the night during the fight. And of course, the dude disappears into thin air right before Bloodraven shows up with the calvary.

As for Bittersteel and the Blackfyres, I'm afraid that'll take a full history class on post-dragon-era Targaryens. If my memory serves, the whole Blackfyre rebellions stemmed from Aegon IV who had so many royal bastards and then legitimized ALL of them on his deathbed. Bloodraven and Bittersteel were both royal bastards (and thus half-brothers), but Bloodraven supported the crown prince, Daeron (who became king), while Bittersteel supported their popular bastard brother, Daemon (who then rebelled and crowned himself Daemon I Blackfyre)... and thus the Blackfyre uprisings began. The Fiddler in the story is the son (abi grandson? I don forget) of Daemon I Blackfyre.

I'll recommend you read 'em up in the TWOIAF book... or you can ask Gbola5 for one of his usual "pro-bono" lectures. wink
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 2:57am On Oct 20, 2015
kay9:

Maynard Plumm IS Bloodraven. smiley

Been a while since I read The Mystery Knight , but I figured it out as soon as I read the story the very first time.

If you still don't get it, try re-reading the story and pay attention to Maynard's choice of words at the camp fire and the impression Dunk has of his "features" when he meets Maynard in the night during the fight. And of course, the dude disappears into thin air right before Bloodraven shows up with the calvary.

As for Bittersteel and the Blackfyres, I'm afraid that'll take a full history class on post-dragon-era Targaryens. If my memory serves, the whole Blackfyre rebellions stemmed from Aegon IV who had so many royal bastards and then legitimized ALL of them on his deathbed. Bloodraven and Bittersteel were both royal bastards (and thus half-brothers), but Bloodraven supported the crown prince, Daeron (who became king), while Bittersteel supported their popular bastard brother, Daemon (who then rebelled and crowned himself Daemon I Blackfyre)... and thus the Blackfyre uprisings began. The Fiddler in the story is the son (abi grandson? I don forget) of Daemon I Blackfyre.

I'll recommend you read 'em up in the TWOIAF book... or you can ask Gbola5 for one of his usual "pro-bono" lectures. wink

Bloodraven. Isn't that the hand of the king. How come egg didn't recognise him or did he. Was that why he was bold enough to show the boot?

Wow I need to have another look. Started TWOIAF now...
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2015
armadeo:

Maynard Plumm was Bloodraven. When traitors gather together like that, someone is bound to suspect something. It becomes clear at the part Dunk falls inside a well, his description changes to match that of Bloodraven, and when you reread it, also what he says. '... could be we're all bastards ...' Dunk sees a single eye, before it forms into Maynard Plumm. Bloodraven is notorious for being one eyed. It was part glamor.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2015
armadeo:

Bloodraven. Isn't that the hand of the king. How come egg didn't recognise him or did he. Was that why he was bold enough to show the boot?

Wow I need to have another look. Started TWOIAF now...

He wasn't supposed to be recognised. Like with Abel-Mance for example.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by armadeo(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Gbola5:

He wasn't supposed to be recognised. Like with Abel-Mance for example.

GRRM is a beast. Look at the round tripping. Nice one

I gave started TWOIAF but the beginning is tiring. Will keep the flag flying though

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
Finally finished reading the series about 6 months ago......

I'm sorry to say that inspiration is slowly dying in George Martins. I mean, what da mess is Bran still doing in the North? The Arya- monk thing is baffling and Daenyrs should just get to Westeros again.

But my main pain, my main pain is Jon Snow getting Stabbed.

Let me reiterate; JON SNOW MUST NOT DIE
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
SirWere:
Finally finished reading the series about 6 months ago......

I'm sorry to say that inspiration is slowly dying in George Martins. I mean, what da mess is Bran still doing in the North? The Arya- monk thing is baffling and Daenyrs should just get to Westeros again.

But my main pain, my main pain is Jon Snow getting Stabbed.

Let me reiterate; JON SNOW MUST NOT DIE

I dont understand this..!!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gbola5:

I dont understand this..!!
Jon snow stabbed, arya a monkessgrin in Bravoos, daenyrs in wonderland and Bran speaking to iroko. The starks are dying...
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Vivly(f): 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
I'm currently in the last book... have actually gotten to the part the bastard lord commander was stabbed. Hope it's for real real. I feel indifferent.
Ehen, someone should help me differentiate between wights and others.
And oh, I love Eddison Tollet.

P.S. G.R.R.M should please get Brienne and the Asha Greyjoy out of the next book. Really tired of them both.

P.P.S. Why can't dead people stay dead? No insults to the walking dead beyond the wall o. I mean Catelyn stark, the Brienne that was supposed to be hanged and seriously Aegon.
The only dead dead is the fool Doran martell sired. Can't remember his name now but the one who thought a dragon is a bicycle.

P.P.P.S. Does the author of the book have a thing against women. They have a knack for making perfectly bad decisions in addition to being extremely stubborn. Think Daenerys.

P.P.P.P.S. I think I'd make time to watch the series now.

P.P.P.P.P.S. I love Dolorous Edd and like everyone, I despise the ironborns.

2 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Vivly:
I'm currently in the last book... have actually gotten to the part the bastard lord commander was stabbed. Hope it's for real real. I feel indifferent.

P.S. G.R.R.M should please get Brienne and the Asha Greyjoy out of the next book. Really tired of them both.

P.P.S. Why can't dead people stay dead? No insults to the walking dead beyond the wall o. I mean Catelyn stark, the Brienne that was supposed to be hanged and seriously Aegon.
The only dead dead is the fool Doran martell sired. Can't remember his name now but the one who thought a dragon is a bicycle.

P.P.P.S. Does the author of the book have a thing against women. They have a knack for making perfectly bad decisions in addition to being extremely stubborn. Think Daenerys.

The beauty of the book is in it's unpredictability. Were he to follow your line of thought, it would have been boring!!undecided

P. - jon Snow hater, I sight you angry
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
@vivly everyone has a role to play

Briene sees d king slayer differently

Asha. Went to save her brother, contested to rule, fierce fighter n f****r, n many more Without these xters Its 4 Grm to give em life again It appears Briene wasn't hanged Remember she screamed Stopped
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2015

Asha. Went to save her brother, contested to rule, fierce fighter n f****r, n many more Without these xters Its 4 Grm to give em life again It appears Briene wasn't hanged Remember she screamed Stop
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Vivly:

Brienne ? Maybe. But Asha ? Their one o'the best, but see this things are subjective and change with rereads. Brienne's chapters have a lot in them, i can say its the best in AFFC, if Jaime's weren't there. Let someone else differentiate this time. Got to love Edd. I despise the ironborn but i love Victarion, even though he's quite stupid.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Vivly:

The bolded is classic! grin

The Brienne hanging scene was fishy to me from the start. I believe Aegon a.k.a Young Griff is a fake; i think he's the mummer's dragon.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
@Vivly, finally you read the books and we can formally welcome you here. You are the first person that I've heard does not like Asha, Brienne or Jon Snow (You know nothing Vivly) shocked.

As for GGRM, Methinks he's writing the story the best way it could be written. Such a complex and long story really could be boring at times except if you are able to retain people's attention and GGRM has done that many times and that's why we are all waiting for book 6 with baited breaths. Hats off to him. Truth be told though, the book is really a ponderous tome (in a good way).

P.S: The wildlings are the human beings who live beyond the walls while the others are the stone dead zombies who are foot soldiers of the white walkers, an alien kind who seem to be immortal and brutally wicked.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Vivly(f): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
moski5:

Asha. Went to save her brother, contested to rule, fierce fighter n f****r, n many more Without these xters Its 4 Grm to give em life again It appears Briene wasn't hanged Remember she screamed Stopped
She didn't scream stop. We didn't know that in a feast for crows. Anyone could assume she screamed out of pain or maybe she screamed Renly before she died.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Vivly(f): 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gbola5:

Brienne ? Maybe. But Asha ? Their one o'the best, but see this things are subjective and change with rereads. Brienne's chapters have a lot in them, i can say its the best in AFFC, if Jaime's weren't there. Let someone else differentiate this time. Got to love Edd. I despise the ironborn but i love Victarion, even though he's quite stupid.
Yeah, Brienne is boring. Like other chivalrous, straightfoward, honourable person in westeros dead or alive. I had to read through all her tourings in the riverlands with the equally boring half mute Podrick. The only reason I kept on was cuz I thought she'd at least feel like a lady once and shag one of her travel companions.. For where??
I think she was meant to be Eddard stark's daughter. They both have this whole 'Honour' thing going but in the game of thrones, noble people lose. She should ask Rhaegar and Edd.

And then Asha. grin I don't hate her sha. I just feel sorry for her. An unfortunate daddy's favourite that grew up in the midst of males. Even Cersei at least had her female friends at Casterly rock and Kings landing. Asha has no leverage really- You see, Most of the men that would have helped her sit the seastone chair were divided between Victarion and her. At the Kingsmoot too, she couldn't conjure words that would appeal to her savage people. She's a wise somebody, I give it to her, but the people she was hoping to rule over wanted Euron's dreams and the whole of Westeros. She's not a bad person, only she has no place anywhere.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Vivly(f): 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
oluamid:
@Vivly, finally you read the books and we can formally welcome you here. You are the first person that I've heard does not like Asha, Brienne or Jon Snow (You know nothing Vivly) shocked.

As for GGRM, Methinks he's writing the story the best way it could be written. Such a complex and long story really could be boring at times except if you are able to retain people's attention and GGRM has done that many times and that's why we are all waiting for book 6 with baited breaths. Hats off to him. Truth be told though, the book is really a ponderous tome (in a good way).

P.S: The wildlings are the human beings who live beyond the walls while the others are the stone dead zombies who are foot soldiers of the white walkers, an alien kind who seem to be immortal and brutally wicked.
Thanks..Lol. I like Jon snow. Only he started doing too much of the right thing which is actually a bad move just like his Father before him and that ones father too.
P.S . I hope they'd be more of Bronn. It pleases me that Tyrion bears him no ill will and for a sellsword, he has a bit of Loyalty and friendship.

P.P.S. Thanks, but I know what wildlings are.smiley I asked the difference between wights and others.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 9:24am On Nov 03, 2015
Vivly:
She didn't scream stop. We didn't know that in a feast for crows. Anyone could assume she screamed out of pain or maybe she screamed Renly before she died.

Brienne is alive though.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 9:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Vivly:

Thanks..Lol. I like Jon snow. Only he started doing too much of the right thing which is actually a bad move just like his Father before him and that ones father too.
P.S . I hope they'd be more of Bronn. It pleases me that Tyrion bears him no ill will and for a sellsword, he has a bit of Loyalty and friendship.

P.P.S. Thanks, but I know what wildlings are.smiley I asked the difference between wights and others.

Never do that. Never compare characters. "I hope they'd be more like...' .
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Vivly:

Sorry I got it mixed up hehe. Wights are the dead people who are brought back to a zombie kinda life by the Whitewalkers which itself is a fancy name for the others, i.e, Others and Whitewalkers are the same. To explain it better, Jon Snow burned a wight while Sam 'killed' an other aka whitewalker.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2015
Gbola5:

Brienne is alive though.

Very alive and kicking and is on a mission to deliver Ser Jaime Lannister to Lady Stoneheart.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2015
Vivly:

Yeah, Brienne is boring. Like other chivalrous, straightfoward, honourable person in westeros dead or alive. I had to read through all her tourings in the riverlands with the equally boring half mute Podrick. The only reason I kept on was cuz I thought she'd at least feel like a lady once and shag one of her travel companions.. For where??
I think she was meant to be Eddard stark's daughter. They both have this whole 'Honour' thing going but in the game of thrones, noble people lose. She should ask Rhaegar and Edd.

And then Asha. grin I don't hate her sha. I just feel sorry for her. An unfortunate daddy's favourite that grew up in the midst of males. Even Cersei at least had her female friends at Casterly rock and Kings landing. Asha has no leverage really- You see, Most of the men that would have helped her sit the seastone chair were divided between Victarion and her. At the Kingsmoot too, she couldn't conjure words that would appeal to her savage people. She's a wise somebody, I give it to her, but the people she was hoping to rule over wanted Euron's dreams and the whole of Westeros. She's not a bad person, only she has no place anywhere.

Asha is a woman.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2015
Vivly:

SHe surely screamed Stop!. It is known. GGRM said so himself in one of his interviews.

The reason being that she thought she was ready to die instead of breaking her sworn oath to Jaime Lannister. But apparently, life's sweeter than death, even if she had to break her 'Love's oath.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 9:43am On Nov 03, 2015
Vivly:

Brienne and Nimbledick ??
Asha was foolish to think she could rule the iron islands.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Vivly(f): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2015
Gbola5:

Never do that. Never compare characters. "I hope they'd be more like...' .
Why shouldn't I compare?
And that, I mean, I hope they'd be more of Bronn in the next book.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by IceSplash(f): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2015
sumone plz hlp mi with d link to download the world of fire and ice and also mystery knight... tnx
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 11:55am On Nov 06, 2015
Vivly:
Why shouldn't I compare? And that, I mean, I hope they'd be more of Bronn in the next book.
You wont enjoy the books if you want a character to be like others.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Brienne and Nimbledick ??
Asha was foolish to think she could rule the iron islands.

So were Dany, Euron, Victarion, Robb, Balon, everyone else who struck a claim. Its only when they do accomplish that they seem less foolish.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
Gbola5:

So were Dany, Euron, Victarion, Robb, Balon, everyone else who struck a claim. Its only when they do accomplish that they seem less foolish.

The Iron Islands or even the Westerosi world as a whole is a male dominated arena. Its rarely that ladies are allowed to rule. the best thing Asha should have done is to convince his brother to follow him home when she went visiting him in his silliness as Prince of Winterfell and then back him for the throne. They are bound to have more influence if they allign their claim together than her going alone. Asha will rule by proxy, something Cersei was adroit at.

Dany is a Targ, the 'ónly living' Targ so her claim is not so foolish. Euron is a man and a brother of Balon. Balon didn't succeed in his quest did he? And Robb didn't aspire to be the King in the North, it was basically thrown at him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply)

Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters / ........rebbecca......... / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.