Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,610 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66288 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
oluamid:

Little Finger is one of the real players of the Game of Thrones. He's trying to prove that even a small unimportant man can rise to become the greatest man in the 7 Kingdoms. He sees himself sited on the Iron Throne one day. A way of getting back at Hoster Tully, I guess. Anyways,he encouraged Joffery to kill Ned in order to bring the realm into war and to further the enmity between Stark and Lannister which he began by helping Joffery to hire an assassin to kill Bran. He also does it as a way of taking out the man who later got the hand of his beloved Catelyn. Besides, you don't expect a freed Ned Stark to easily forget how he was betrayed with the Goldcloaks.

It's either Syrio Forel has an exaggerated measure of his own swordsmanship or he knows he's not expected to kill one of the Kingsguard and go scot-free. Remember there was no way he could have known that Starks men were being killed and that it would be a fight to the death. Besides, he already succeeded in knocking the other knights senseless with his wooden sword.

Did Little Finger really encouraged the poisoning of Jon? If he did, it would be just another way to ingratiate himself with Cersei who he knows hates the Starks a lot and bastards even more so. Besides, so long as a son of Eddard Stark is alive (even if he was a bastard) the north would follow him which may pose another hurdle to Little Finger's ambitions of ruling the 7 kingdoms.

Cerci didn't know I think he did it to draw Stark out
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
oluamid:
Well, its Wednesday already and by now most people would have seen the first episode of the new season. Okay, here are my talking points. tongue Mind, I'll be talking based on what we are yet to see in the books but have seen on the show so this might be a kind of spoiler. Well, not really. grin grin

Where were we?

Miss Deanerys went flying off the back of Drogon and guess who found her in the Dothraki grass sea? Another Khal. Okay, me thinks this will likely be Deanerys' destiny in WoW as well, but with a lot more harshness. As a matter of fact, I expect her to suffer a lot of rapes. Fortunately (or not) Mr Bear-man Jorah Mormont wouldn't be chasing after her. Not that he is in any shape to do such, you know being as yet a Second son who is yet to turn his cloak and declare for the Mysa of dragons. Meanwhile, Mr fineboy Dario Naharis is too busy being a prisoner to have anything to do with it. That said, I think Deanerys will go to Vaes Dothrak to meet the the Dosh Kalen but will somehow turn the whole Dothraki horde to her worshippers and lead them back to Meereen and the stupid wise masters. I suspect Drogon will have something to do with this as well.

Oh Poor Jon Snow, he knows nothing - even dead.

Well, as far as we know, our favourite bastard is still dead. Given recent revelations (more on that later), do you think Melisandre is still the prime candidate to bring him back to life? Well, I'm neither here nor there but some small part of me says yes. What will be the fate of Ghost locked up as he is at Castle black without Jon? I know he's a direwolf but even a nice little sword with a 'pointy end' will kill him just like his brother Grey wind. And if you were a wildling somehere around Castle Black and Jon Snow is dead, what will you do? Besides, it remains to be seen what kind of reception Jane 'fake Arya' Poole will get if/when she finally arrives knocking at Castle Black. Well, lemme leave Jon Snow hanging for now.

Sansa fine girl.

We book readers know that the new episode has nothing on Sansa's character arch. So fingers crossed she marries Harry the heir and lead the Vale against Winterfell? Hmm, how will that work out sef. Mio mo oo.

The Stark beyond the Sea

Arya is my favourite Stark and I expect her training to continue. I want me some nice little assassin. Both in the show and in the books. What's more, she already shows promise with the murder she has done. Go and read the Mercy chapter folks.

Tyrion

I don't even know what to make of the rubbish (IMO) the show is doing to Tyrion in Meereen. I love a sellsword Tyrion over a ruling Tyrion joor. Especially with Penny always ready to spring some surprise kiss on him in his mismatched armour. Lest I forget, he's currently in the middle of a war so no time for kisses. I don't want to be in his shoe when he finally has to pay back his debt to Brown Ben Plumm and the rest of the sons.

Why has Aegon (murmer's dragon?), and the Griff, not appeared on the show? Gendry anyone?

Hopefully the Lannisters will start dying soon. As for Dorne, the less said about all that trash about the sand snakes the better. Which day Ellaria sand start to dey get that kind of skills or cunning to kill Doran Martel? How did the almighty Areo Hotah just fall hand like that without getting to even lift his axe in protest? Yeye dey smell.

The most interesting part of the episode for me was the last part where Mellisandre bamboozle all of us. Was she an old woman all along even in the books all was that just a show gimmick? Or were they trying to have their own King beyond the wall 'glamour' moment? Questions galore.

I'll definetely have more to say subsequently. For now, I'll like to hear what you guys think too... Valar Morghulis!

lol wildling fate with Jon gone won't really change else twil b a war d Night watch can't win

Sansa marching to winterfel most unlikely first she'll have to slay a monster, handle d clans n consider which King or Queen to back

Except Arya breaks off on her own she ain't heading to Kingslanding anytime soon

As 4 fake Arya she'll soon b discovered if not she belongs in d north

Tyrion paying his debt is one to look out 4 dats if he can find d gold or if d second sons survive d sea n many battles to come

Since Mel is more powerful at d wall bringing Jon back shouldn't b difficult n from dreams we know Jon may well survive
Valar Dohaeris
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
kay9:
^^^
Valar Likehris! wink

First off, I need to state that I'm becoming biased against the books as the show steadily moves into uncharted areas. 6 years is enough time already.

Yeah, "show" Dany and "books" Dany seem to be towing same path... for now. And yeah, Drogon will certainly have a hand in it, but he won't be alone. Remember Rhaegal and what'shisname are currently loose in Mereen, thanks to the Sun's Son.

I don't think Sansa is marrying Jon Arryn's get in the books. Littlefinger will kill the boy and secure the Vale for himself, then he'll try to marry Sansa himself. Show and books may differ in the details, but they'll both eventually arrive at same ending. Balon Greyjoy of the show is just a dead man walking grin Same goes for Stannis of the books.

I've deliberately avoided reading any of TWoW preview chapters - Asha Greyjoy's, Arianne's, or this 'Mercy' one - Grrrrrrrrrrr! Martin should just publish the book already.

Tyrion of the show isnt doing too badly if tou ask me. In fact me thinks he's doing way better than Tyrion of the books - who by the way will still end up in Dany's court.

If Young Griff was going to be on the show, he'd have been cast by now.

I never liked Areo Hotah of the show though... dude never seemed to me like he even knew how to handle that axe.

My predictions for the show: Dany's babies will raze Vaes Dothrak to the ground; Daario will turn his cloak; Jaime Lannister will not survive Season 6; Mellisandre will resurrect Jon Snow (but we all know that); Tyrion Lannister will be the third head of the dragon; and No One Named Arya will be on her way back to the Seven Kingdoms by the season's finale.

biased against d book hmmmm dats odd

D plan is 4 Sansa to marry harry d heir not Jon's get n Peter can't marry his bastard daughter

I bliv Stannis is far from dead as Ramsey is asking 4 Reek n fake Arya

Tyrion in d show is almost a joke

Y is Griff called d false Dragon
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 2:50am On Apr 30, 2016
moski5:

D plan is 4 Sansa to marry harry d heir not Jon's get n Peter can't marry his bastard daughter

...unless he suddenly reveals who she really is.

moski5:

I bliv Stannis is far from dead as Ramsey is asking 4 Reek n fake Arya

You may have a point, indeed you may.

moski5:

Y is Griff called d false Dragon

My opinion? Young Griff's arc is so crucial in ASOIAF, yet he's been omitted entirely from the show, why? Why would D & D omit a "true" surviving Targaryen? The simplest answer: cos he's a fake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 8:12am On May 01, 2016
I don forget all the important thank you Martin's.
you guys seems to be taken the massacre of the dornish plot well,maybe Martin just dey give is red herring with those guys.

I think Jamie is going to start his rebellion quelling this season.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Ayonbobo(m): 5:36pm On May 02, 2016
Jon snow is alive!! Season 6 episode 2 just confirmed it.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 6:24pm On May 02, 2016
Ayonbobo:
Jon snow is alive!! Season 6 episode 2 just confirmed it.
The show is not canon !

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Ayonbobo(m): 7:40pm On May 02, 2016
Gbola5:

The show is not canon !
So, the book is?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:19pm On May 02, 2016
Ayonbobo:
So, the book is?

It is known.

4 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 4:22pm On May 06, 2016
Let's see how good you are.

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 2:48pm On May 09, 2016
Obinnau:
Let's see how good you are.

A= Barratheon aka the prancing stag, usually crowned, mostly dead.

B= Greyjoy aka Kraken, some call it squid though.

C = Martel (Dorne) aka The sun and spear.

D = My favourite, Stark, the Derewolf, thought to be extinct but coming with the winter.

E= Frey, aka The twin towers, also known as turncloaks, betrayers, two-faced sons of bi.tches, etc.

F = Lannister, Roaring lion, whose proud roar might soon be gone from this world except Tyrion 'Lan-the-clever' reborn finally finds Tysha.

G= Who golden shield don epp? I can't remember the name of the house.

H = Targeryen, aka the three headed dragon, soon to be back in contention.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2016
check

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:28pm On May 09, 2016
Obinnau:
check

In my head I have the Tyrells pegged for roses or flowers.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 9:35pm On May 09, 2016
oluamid:

In my head I have the Tyrells pegged for roses or flowers.
thing is that they are ostensibly rich.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by chaosattractor(f): 9:36pm On May 09, 2016
Oh my God who's seen the new episode? I NEED to talk about it with someone
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2016
chaosattractor:
The one I saw was in Russian language.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by chaosattractor(f): 11:28pm On May 09, 2016
Obinnau:
The one I saw was in Russian language.

Come on now the English version is widely available within hours of the episode tongue Though you need to know how to torrent
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 12:37am On May 10, 2016
chaosattractor:

Come on now the English version is widely available within hours of the episode tongue Though you need to know how to torrent
who do you think is in that tower ?
I have to say that Jamie is turning back to a sheethead.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2016
chaosattractor:

I saw it and well, it was underwhelming. You know, its a bit like having a limo parked at home but liking to take okada rides with the rest of the public and then all of a sudden all your money is gone, you sold off all your property and okada becomes your only means of transport. grin grin

Anyways, I'm listening...
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2016
Hey guys check out a new excerpt from the Winds of Winter.
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 3:49am On May 18, 2016
oluamid:

I saw it and well, it was underwhelming. You know, its a bit like having a limo parked at home but liking to take okada rides with the rest of the public and then all of a sudden all your money is gone, you sold off all your property and okada becomes your only means of transport. grin grin

Abeg the above analogy is lost on me... I think you lost me at the limo..

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:05pm On May 24, 2016
Gys I read this somewhere just now and it is profound...

There’s a theory out there that all the direwolf names are prophetic. I never put much stock in that, but it’s edging closer to being convincing. Summer was killed by the demons of winter (winter is coming, and so goes Summer). Jon was brought back to life (he’s like a Ghost). Sansa had Lady, who was killed by the Lannisters (the theory, which is reaching now, speculates the Lannisters likewise “killed” Sansa’s gentle lady-like side). Robb and his army blew down south, or blew out (like a Grey Wind). I’m not sure how this all applies to Shaggydog (except that Rickon, with his wild mane of mussed hair, looks shaggy himself). And how Arya’s long-lost Nymeria comes into play is anybody’s guess (though there was a warrior queen in Dorne with the same name).

Winter is truly here.

HODOR oh Hodor! Hold The Door! HoldTheDoor! HoldDoor! Holdo! Hodor!!!!!!

*Returns to my mourning of Hodor(and Summer).
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kataleya(f): 12:06pm On May 26, 2016
oluamid:

Winter is truly here.

HODOR oh Hodor! Hold The Door! HoldTheDoor! HoldDoor! Holdo! Hodor!!!!!!

*Returns to my mourning of Hodor(and Summer).
I just sent you a pm. Can you kindly send me GOT books to 75A7EC66 or steffine.emmanuel@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 2:53pm On May 26, 2016
kay9:

Abeg the above analogy is lost on me... I think you lost me at the limo..

All these while I watched the series with a smug on my face since I already knew what's gonna happen next. No surprises. But now that the show is in unconquered territory, I don't have that advantage anymore. I now have to watch with mouth agape just like everyone else.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 2:54pm On May 26, 2016
kataleya:

I just sent you a pm. Can you kindly send me GOT books to 75A7EC66 or steffine.emmanuel@yahoo.com. thanks

Will do.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2016
oluamid:

All these while I watched the series with a smug on my face since I already knew what's gonna happen next. No surprises. But now that the show is in unconquered territory, I don't have that advantage anymore. I now have to watch with mouth agape just like everyone else.

Mehn, no be only you... I remember how i watched Catelyn Stark's throat slashed open with nothing more than a sad smile on my face. But now fast forward to the "new era", 5 days later and I still can't shake off the goosebumps of hearing that eerie bewitching plea-cum-order to Hold the door...
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2016
oluamid:

as 4 Nymeria name after a 'Vicious' queen its presumed via sightings n Arya's dreams that her dire wolf is leading an assault against their enemies'
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Vivly(f): 6:23am On May 27, 2016
Grey Wind is just Robb naming his fart grey. grin
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2016
Can this theory be true:

R + L = J and M

M being Meera Reed.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 8:47am On May 28, 2016
oluamid:
Can this theory be true:
R + L = J and M
M being Meera Reed.
she is too young,for it to be true.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 3:37pm On May 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

she is too young,for it to be true.

Actually Meera and Jon are of the same age. They were both born in 283AC thereabout.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 5:03pm On May 28, 2016
Gbola5:

Actually Meera and Jon are of the same age. They were both born in 283AC thereabout.
na true ooo...

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.