Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66280 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 10:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
oluamid:

The Iron Islands or even the Westerosi world as a whole is a male dominated arena. Its rarely that ladies are allowed to rule. the best thing Asha should have done is to convince his brother to follow him home when she went visiting him in his silliness as Prince of Winterfell and then back him for the throne. They are bound to have more influence if they allign their claim together than her going alone. Asha will rule by proxy, something Cersei was adroit at.

Dany is a Targ, the 'ónly living' Targ so her claim is not so foolish. Euron is a man and a brother of Balon. Balon didn't succeed in his quest did he? And Robb didn't aspire to be the King in the North, it was basically thrown at him.

The Great Council of 101 says different about Dany. Balon didn't succeed, but that's not it, the thing is making all these claims that may or not succeed. We're meant to back them up, and fume at others, and then victory decides which claim is foolish and which is not.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by chival(f): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
oluamid:
I have never come across a working download link online. If you are on bbm, you can PM me your pin and I'll transfer the pdf files to you.

If you've still got the pdf version of the books, can you please send to me? Bbm pin: 2a5ed601. Thanks.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
chival:

If you've still got the pdf version of the books, can you please send to me? Bbm pin: 2a5ed601. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I lost my phone and my files. Someone else could transfer the files to you though.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by chival(f): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2015
oluamid:

Unfortunately, I lost my phone and my files. Someone else could transfer the files to you though.

So sorry to hear that. Kay9 has given me some valuable advice.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2015
IceSplash:
sumone plz hlp mi with d link to download the world of fire and ice and also mystery knight... tnx

I think d link is in d previous page
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:55am On Nov 08, 2015
For those of you just reading d book or 2 books in Read carefully n observe You may miss alot in yor first read I've read it 3times already n I'm going 4 d fourth soon
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by IceSplash(f): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
moski5:

I think d link is in d previous page
found it, tnx.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by attavistic(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
coolactually I am not reading it, I am watching it..
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
attavistic:
coolactually I am not reading it, I am watching it..
I suggest yu read b4 yu watch then read again
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by attavistic(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2015
moski5:
I suggest yu read b4 yu watch then read again

sincerely I find reading boring.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2015
attavistic:

sincerely I find reading boring.

You shouldn't. Reading is very enjoyable if you can cultivate the habit.

3 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hello guys, been a while. Any news on WoW yet?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2016
oluamid:
Hello guys, been a while. Any news on WoW yet?

Hopefully this year..l sadly it's going to be after s6
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
Gbola5:

Hopefully this year..l sadly it's going to be after s6

So they say, but I have a suspicion it may be a marketing ploy. Season 6 was pushed back for some not-so-convincing reasons (at least to me), and it makes me wonder...
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 7:20am On Jan 24, 2016
kay9:

So they say, but I have a suspicion it may be a marketing ploy. Season 6 was pushed back for some not-so-convincing reasons (at least to me), and it makes me wonder...

I want TWOW out first...but GREY said so himself. Maybe it's a marketing ploy like you said.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by 2livescrew: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2016
naijababe:

Would you mind emailing? I have decided to read the books jare.

livescrew2@gmail.com
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
it dawned on me recently while rereading d book dat little finger encouraged Joffery to kill Ned, meanwhile I'm wondering why Syrio forel didn't pick an iron sword, Who knows why Little finger encouraged d poisoning of Jon?

Martins should keep taking his time I suspect its a ten book series. hope he does less if d back n forth thing he did with buk 3n4
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Khenedee(m): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
Please add to whatsapp group 08062544917
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 2:23am On Apr 11, 2016
moski5:
it dawned on me recently while rereading d book dat little finger encouraged Joffery to kill Ned, meanwhile I'm wondering why Syrio forel didn't pick an iron sword, Who knows why Little finger encouraged d poisoning of Jon?

Martins should keep taking his time I suspect its a ten book series. hope he does less if d back n forth thing he did with buk 3n4

Little Finger is one of the real players of the Game of Thrones. He's trying to prove that even a small unimportant man can rise to become the greatest man in the 7 Kingdoms. He sees himself sited on the Iron Throne one day. A way of getting back at Hoster Tully, I guess. Anyways,he encouraged Joffery to kill Ned in order to bring the realm into war and to further the enmity between Stark and Lannister which he began by helping Joffery to hire an assassin to kill Bran. He also does it as a way of taking out the man who later got the hand of his beloved Catelyn. Besides, you don't expect a freed Ned Stark to easily forget how he was betrayed with the Goldcloaks.

It's either Syrio Forel has an exaggerated measure of his own swordsmanship or he knows he's not expected to kill one of the Kingsguard and go scot-free. Remember there was no way he could have known that Starks men were being killed and that it would be a fight to the death. Besides, he already succeeded in knocking the other knights senseless with his wooden sword.

Did Little Finger really encouraged the poisoning of Jon? If he did, it would be just another way to ingratiate himself with Cersei who he knows hates the Starks a lot and bastards even more so. Besides, so long as a son of Eddard Stark is alive (even if he was a bastard) the north would follow him which may pose another hurdle to Little Finger's ambitions of ruling the 7 kingdoms.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by antispexish(m): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
moski5:

said it will be 7 not 10.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
Guys guys guys!!!! Wake up wake up!

Who has seen the Episode 1 of season 6? There are so many things to talk about. But I don't want to spoil it for you. Please go and watch it oo before I start rolling in my talking points.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
oluamid:
Guys guys guys!!!! Wake up wake up!

Who has seen the Episode 1 of season 6? There are so many things to talk about. But I don't want to spoil it for you. Please go and watch it oo before I start rolling in my talking points.

Yup. A man has watched it! And a man is sooo ready to talk! cool
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
kay9:

Yup. A man has watched it! And a man is sooo ready to talk! cool

Haha!

A man will do well to have a little patience. A man will not spoil it for those who haven't yet seen what a man has seen.

BTW, I wonder if Jon Snow was thinking about sticking them with the pointy end when those cold sharp knives were spilling his life blood away.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
U guys should review already!!!!!!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by UjSizzle(f): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
I think I have to read all the books again.

Meanwhile GRRM says writing WoW has not been going like he expected, so we will see the book when we see it. That's said, but we will survive.

As for this episode hmmm.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
UjSizzle:
I think I have to read all the books again.

Meanwhile GRRM says writing WoW has not been going like he expected, so we will see the book when we see it. That's said, but we will survive.

As for this episode hmmm.... cheesy

It is obvious now, GRRM has become a lazy slob who is slowly but steadily drowning in his own success. His last major published work, A Dance with Dragons, was in 2011 - and even that took him almost 6 years! Since then, na so so anthology, comic abi illustrated book, or some slightly regurgitated story from the Targaryen dynasty. Personally I've given up on him. Thank God for D & D, at least i can have closure whenevr the TV series ends.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
Well, its Wednesday already and by now most people would have seen the first episode of the new season. Okay, here are my talking points. tongue Mind, I'll be talking based on what we are yet to see in the books but have seen on the show so this might be a kind of spoiler. Well, not really. grin grin

Where were we?

Miss Deanerys went flying off the back of Drogon and guess who found her in the Dothraki grass sea? Another Khal. Okay, me thinks this will likely be Deanerys' destiny in WoW as well, but with a lot more harshness. As a matter of fact, I expect her to suffer a lot of rapes. Fortunately (or not) Mr Bear-man Jorah Mormont wouldn't be chasing after her. Not that he is in any shape to do such, you know being as yet a Second son who is yet to turn his cloak and declare for the Mysa of dragons. Meanwhile, Mr fineboy Dario Naharis is too busy being a prisoner to have anything to do with it. That said, I think Deanerys will go to Vaes Dothrak to meet the the Dosh Kalen but will somehow turn the whole Dothraki horde to her worshippers and lead them back to Meereen and the stupid wise masters. I suspect Drogon will have something to do with this as well.

Oh Poor Jon Snow, he knows nothing - even dead.

Well, as far as we know, our favourite bastard is still dead. Given recent revelations (more on that later), do you think Melisandre is still the prime candidate to bring him back to life? Well, I'm neither here nor there but some small part of me says yes. What will be the fate of Ghost locked up as he is at Castle black without Jon? I know he's a direwolf but even a nice little sword with a 'pointy end' will kill him just like his brother Grey wind. And if you were a wildling somehere around Castle Black and Jon Snow is dead, what will you do? Besides, it remains to be seen what kind of reception Jane 'fake Arya' Poole will get if/when she finally arrives knocking at Castle Black. Well, lemme leave Jon Snow hanging for now.

Sansa fine girl.

We book readers know that the new episode has nothing on Sansa's character arch. So fingers crossed she marries Harry the heir and lead the Vale against Winterfell? Hmm, how will that work out sef. Mio mo oo.

The Stark beyond the Sea

Arya is my favourite Stark and I expect her training to continue. I want me some nice little assassin. Both in the show and in the books. What's more, she already shows promise with the murder she has done. Go and read the Mercy chapter folks.

Tyrion

I don't even know what to make of the rubbish (IMO) the show is doing to Tyrion in Meereen. I love a sellsword Tyrion over a ruling Tyrion joor. Especially with Penny always ready to spring some surprise kiss on him in his mismatched armour. Lest I forget, he's currently in the middle of a war so no time for kisses. I don't want to be in his shoe when he finally has to pay back his debt to Brown Ben Plumm and the rest of the sons.

Why has Aegon (murmer's dragon?), and the Griff, not appeared on the show? Gendry anyone?

Hopefully the Lannisters will start dying soon. As for Dorne, the less said about all that trash about the sand snakes the better. Which day Ellaria sand start to dey get that kind of skills or cunning to kill Doran Martel? How did the almighty Areo Hotah just fall hand like that without getting to even lift his axe in protest? Yeye dey smell.

The most interesting part of the episode for me was the last part where Mellisandre bamboozle all of us. Was she an old woman all along even in the books all was that just a show gimmick? Or were they trying to have their own King beyond the wall 'glamour' moment? Questions galore.

I'll definetely have more to say subsequently. For now, I'll like to hear what you guys think too... Valar Morghulis!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 11:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
^^^
Valar Likehris! wink

First off, I need to state that I'm becoming biased against the books as the show steadily moves into uncharted areas. 6 years is enough time already.

Yeah, "show" Dany and "books" Dany seem to be towing same path... for now. And yeah, Drogon will certainly have a hand in it, but he won't be alone. Remember Rhaegal and what'shisname are currently loose in Mereen, thanks to the Sun's Son.

I don't think Sansa is marrying Jon Arryn's get in the books. Littlefinger will kill the boy and secure the Vale for himself, then he'll try to marry Sansa himself. Show and books may differ in the details, but they'll both eventually arrive at same ending. Balon Greyjoy of the show is just a dead man walking grin Same goes for Stannis of the books.

I've deliberately avoided reading any of TWoW preview chapters - Asha Greyjoy's, Arianne's, or this 'Mercy' one - Grrrrrrrrrrr! Martin should just publish the book already.

Tyrion of the show isnt doing too badly if tou ask me. In fact me thinks he's doing way better than Tyrion of the books - who by the way will still end up in Dany's court.

If Young Griff was going to be on the show, he'd have been cast by now.

I never liked Areo Hotah of the show though... dude never seemed to me like he even knew how to handle that axe.

My predictions for the show: Dany's babies will raze Vaes Dothrak to the ground; Daario will turn his cloak; Jaime Lannister will not survive Season 6; Mellisandre will resurrect Jon Snow (but we all know that); Tyrion Lannister will be the third head of the dragon; and No One Named Arya will be on her way back to the Seven Kingdoms by the season's finale.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
kay9:

It is obvious now, GRRM has become a lazy slob who is slowly but steadily drowning in his own success. His last major published work, A Dance with Dragons, was in 2011 - and even that took him almost 6 years! Since then, na so so anthology, comic abi illustrated book, or some slightly regurgitated story from the Targaryen dynasty. Personally I've given up on him. Thank God for D & D, at least i can have closure whenevr the TV series ends.

Asoiaf is a tale so well spun GrM shud take all the time he needs
Blending stories from 100s of years ago and seeing into d future via dreams n prophecy Plus having over 10 countries with details n still expanding I'm glad he's not rushing @all twil b worth d wait

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.