Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) (44928 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
D skul fine sha compare 2 ma yeye KSU. I salute una
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
prophet_one: Lool if this is a response to the ABU Zaria thread, i'd advise you to delete those pictures and take new ones. The structures are old, but well designed and the environment/landscape is unattractive. Fail if motive is for comparison.
I was on OAU campus last week, and I can say the structures look newer than the pictures here when the school marked it 50th anniversary. The Oduduwa Hall, Amphi Theatre, Faculty of Agriculture, Ajose Lecture Theatre, Health Sciences, Senate, Library, etc now wear new look. The football pitch is just like that of the Abuja Stadium.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Abidx22(m): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Oma307: D skul fine sha compare 2 ma yeye KSU. I salute una
hmmmm
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by gidig(m): 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
All these haters dissing my Great Ife! Its good place and maybe perhaps the pictures didn't do it justice but its a beautiful place.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by smallsuper: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
oau get structure pass ABU,bt abu dey maintain things beta than oau
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
veraponpo:

OP used old pictures of 70s for OAU. He should have used recent pictures and landscape for better comparison
If we start showing structures of new buildings you go run. Structures like the History Natural Museum in a pyramid and diamond shape.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
eddieo: sincerely speaking i thought OAU should be beautifu than this with the kind of noises their graduates make about the school...hmmm.This school is no way close to 25 percent of A.B.U beauty (A school were you can comfortable walk on foot in the school during rainy seasons without mud on your shoes). with these pictures, i indeed rep A.B.U as the most beautiful school followed by Gombe state university.

Ur ABU doesn't scratch OAU's beauty, I don't know where this OP got these eye-sores from.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
If we start showing structures of new buildings you go run. Structures like the History Natural Museum in a pyramid and diamond shape.

I don't know why that spider building hasn't been repainted, OAU truly suffers in maintenance
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by haywhy221: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
These are old pics of great ife. You need to see the latest.
OAU IS SIMPLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by lambertjonah: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Looks like a SENDO phone was used to snap d pix
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by lafex: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
haywhy221: These are old pics of great ife. You need to see the latest.
OAU IS SIMPLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL!
See intimidated fellows looking excuse indtead of you to surrender to THE GREATEST ABU
AM PROUD TO BE AN ABU ALUMNUS

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by tpia5: 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
How many threads of oau must constantly be reposted and why was this moved to front page?

Are people trying to say they hear nothing about the school besides some dubious 50 goats on okada news?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
I didnt school here o!! However, these pictures dont do justice to the true beauty that is Obafemi Awolowo University..

I swear, this school took my breathe away..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
nouveaux: This is my collections, some are gotten from the internets anyway, so credits is given to the copyright oweners.

So much for the so called "Great Ife" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by tpia5: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
And why are others not opening threads about their own schools?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by tpia5: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Phder:

So much for the so called "Great Ife" grin grin grin

So much for nairaland you mean.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by lambertjonah: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
lafex(m): See intimidated fellows looking excude indtead of you to surrender to GREATEST ABU
AM PROUD TO BE AN ABU ALUMNUS

Abeg which school b ABU, na Botswana the school dey? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
See the road connection when approaching the Senate, Library and Oduduwa Hall.
BTW no school has a dualized carriage way that is as wide as Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
tpia@:
And why are others not opening threads about their own schools?
Because we have better things to do than rejoicing over OLD, UNKEMPT, DILAPIDATED Buildings.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by adezjamz(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
GR8 IFE!!!

Beautiful indeed

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Boll2010: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
If this is the school yall rant about with dust filled mouth,then heck this shi!t is disgusting!!!! Ewww!! ABU was much eye pleasing.....show us better stuffs please OAU!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
A Great university.....
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by POPEII: 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
Very African
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by geeez: 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
A university built with cocoa proceeds but which oil money can't maintain

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by eddieo(m): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
Promhize:

Ur ABU doesn't scratch OAU's beauty, I don't know where this OP got these eye-sores from.

Im not praising ABU's beauty because its my alma mater but we cant shy from the truth that it remains the most beautiful university in this country with the biggest library in west africa. in terms of structurs too, OAU is no way close to it. most of the ancient structures in the school are a donation of the British people to the north. The only school close to ABU in terms of aestheitic beauty is Gombe state university managed by the a former ABU vice chancellor prof Abdullahi Mahdi known for his passion for aesthetic beauty.
ABU is SO GREAT, SO UNIQUE. The only university with representatives from every local government in Nigeria in terms of students and staff strength.
Enjoy this few pictures of old buildings. Pls dont start oo. weve lot of pix

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is really disappointing.
Witha all the rants about OAU.

You guys need to visit ABU and you'll have a re-think of the finest University i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria.
ABU rocks!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
pato405: very dirty, lacks green, poorly maintained structures angry

Clearly, this is a retaliatory response to the ABU thread.

I'm not from ABU or OAU, but even to a blindfolded man, ABU is a undisputably better than these eyesores up there
beefers...lol... i rep oba awon uni
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by oludamy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
i repp the Only Annoited University OAU....... Beefers go vex na, some ppl cannot even tell us their skool let alone post any pic..... Oba Awon University all d way
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by moscobabs(m): 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
make una go take Ham collect money for bank
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by AntiSerious: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
nice structures buh old buildings and unattractive landscape.......clearly a retaliatory response to the ABU thread, i think ABU's better tho!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by eddieo(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
ABU Again...OAU wont you beg not to post more pix of A.B.U. una sabi make noise too much.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) by moscobabs(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
poly ibadan fine pass ham!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Covenant University Officially Responds To Transcript Controversy / UE Nwama, Igwe’s Son Graduates As Best Student At The Nigerian Defence Academy / Female OAU Students Climb Mast To Celebrate Their Graduation(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.