Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117318 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:07am On May 15, 2015
rockhillz:
hmmmm....activatux le updatario
this got me laughing real hard. I about to update now.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:09am On May 15, 2015
Chapter Ten

He took his stance facing Mr. Logan who was dressed in a faded blue robe. The neck of the robe was V-shaped. It had straps instead of buttons. He had a stern look on his face and George could tell that this was no child's play.

"At the count of three...you'd try to get me up away from the ground and into the air."

This didn't really didn't pull at his hair.

"Sapiena leviosa!"

Mr. Logan was propelled by an unseen force into the air and when he had gone up a good height, he began to float.

"That's good...good for a start."

He can down at his will and immediately proceeded to getting the next test started.

"Okay....this is going to be a little different. I want you to hit me with a spell that would push me back and get me off balance."

"That'll be easy." He positioned himself and with an air of certainty pushed his palm forward.

"Ad ventilabis aliquis retrorsum"

A force field, bluish in color came from his palm but met with a hard resistance when it got to about a meter of Mr. Logan's body. He tried all his best thinking that his effort could help him out but it didn't work out well.

Slowly, the field was forced back his way and he found himself straining to protect himself but he was no match for it, it came right back and he found himself thrown off his feet and as he landed, he hit his bottom against the hard soil.

"Ooouch! Damn. My bottom hurts"

"I see you haven't quite gone into the protectives..."

"That's true sir. I only just read the introduction."

"You will have to read it up really fast. There's no time to waste. Time is not a luxury we can boast of having. The exodus may come sooner than we expected."

"What's that...the exodus?"

He scratched his head lightly...

"Forget about it. I shouldn't have said that.."

"Why?"

"Sometimes, its better you don't know what's coming. Just keep your focus on your training and beating time..."

"Fulmensia!"

George shot at Mr. Logan very suddenly. He was already grinning widely knowing well that he'd caught him off guard but to his greatest surprise and disappointment, it melted to the floor when it came to within an inch of Mr. Logan.

"How do you did that?", he asked still stunned. He hadn't the slightest idea how someone could have such sharp reflexes.

"Nice of you to use the element of surprise. It would help you later in future if properly cultured. And to your question, I used what I called intuition."

He paused and when he saw that George wasn't making any effort to say something, he continued.

"Over time, I've learned to develop my intuitive ability. Its when you learn to do things on instinct and that's why your ears, eyes and feelings need to be heightened at all times."

"Hmmm....there sure is more to learn."

Back indoor, he sat on his bed thinking. He was tired from the day's work but he couldn't sleep, he didn't like the way he hadn't been able to block none of the series of spells that Mr. Logan had shot at him. One had even burnt his clothes and had given him a bad scar although he had been made to recover immediately with the 'repairo' spell.

Moments later, he was joined by Alexius, his guardian who seemed bent on ensuring that he had no rest of mind.

"Do you know that of the earliest guardians, I'm the most reserved?"

"Please you could do better at telling lies. You make a mockery of the art."

"You can say all you want but it still remains the truth though."

He walked up and crossed to the other side of the bed and began admiring a painting on the wall.

"This painting reminds me so much of her. She seems to radiate gentility and impeccable perfection in all she does. I wouldn't hesitate a second if given the choice to be her guardian...To be sincere, I'd grab it with both hands. It would be a sweet riddance..."

George looked at him with anger. He knew Alexius had said that to get on his nerves.

"What was that supposed to mean?"

"Oh...don't get jealous...I was only kidding. She's got her flaws too. For one, she's got your thick headedness and she's quite dogged as well. You'd only beat her in stupidity and naivity."

At this George sprang up towards Alexius but Alexius was swift enough to move away before the flames with the face of a lion could get at him.
He kept trying but he was no match for Alexius. He gave up when fatigue began to set in.

"Who's she by the way?"

"Who?"
This he did knowing fully well the person George was referring about.

"The lady who did the painting?"

"Why'd you want to know? Anyway, she's Cordelia, Mr. Logan's daughter."

"Wow...you knew her?"

"Very well."

"Please tell me about her"

At this point, Alexius realized that he had some sought of bragging privilege and so he took it.

"I'm not telling you."

"Please...."

"Okay, I'd agree if you'd let me train you and as such do my job."

George gave it a thought. He actually didn't need to think at all as the answer was an emphatic YES but he didn't want to sound too desperate. Receiving training from his guardian would be way better than trying to train oneself through a book.

Scratching the back of his head at last, he replied.

"Okay, I'll"

"Good. And you'll play by the rules I'll give."

"Hell no! I'm your master remember? You're gonna serve me."

"Fair enough. What would you like to know about Cordelia?"

"Everything", he replied.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 4:00am On May 15, 2015
;DThis is really good. Can't. Wait for more...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 15, 2015
Thanks Again
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 12:07am On May 16, 2015
Tanks bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 16, 2015
grin
More pabon
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:59am On May 17, 2015
Happy Sunday people! I'll be doing another update today Cetris paribus. I'll try two updates if I can.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2015
waiting... #MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2015
The wind had suddenly gotten thicker and for once, she regretted not putting on her trousers. She walked hurriedly along the path. Normally, she shouldn't be afraid but she had this bad feeling that something wasn't right. And if there was one thing she trusted, it was her instinct.

She brushed her legs against a plant that had sharp bristles and it left a wound on her leg and soon blood began to gush out.

"Not this..."

She bit her lips to suck out the pain but it lingered still. She bent down to see that it was worse than she had expected. It was an open wound. She was losing blood and she tore a part of her blouse to douse the wound.

There was every reason why she should turn back at this point but she had a strong resolve to continue at all cost till she got to her destination. When she was sure that the wound wasn't going to bleed any further, she got up to continue.

"Flumensia!"

She was flung back suddenly against a tree and as her back hit the tree, she let out a loud wail. It had touched the spot where there had been the fresh scar from an attack by a dralion; an animal with the body of a lion but with wings of a dragon. She wondered how much more she could face.

"Did you think I'd let you leave without a message to that pitiable, miserable old man"

"Dathan. I've told you I don't want to fight with you. Just let me be. I've exercised self control long enough but I don't think I will be able to hold on any longer."

"Fight! You coward. Fight. Don't hold back. You claim to wield the fiery rage but yet no one has seen it for once. You're nothing but a coward."

"Sometimes cowardliness could be just the virtue that saves the day."

"You know things could be better if you'd just hand it over. I could help protect it."

"No. I don't trust you, never have, never will."

"Then you leave me no choice.

"Offocare aliquis!"

Her throat suddenly got tighter and it was as though someone invisible was trying to strangle her. She struggled to get free but she was no match. Her blood had ceased to flow to her neck region and her face was getting redder. She was getting weaker and would snap any moment.

"Tie aliquis funiculi!"

She had just managed to voice it out. Twigs, rope like suddenly came from the trees nearly and crawled up to the young guy and tied him up before he could respond. His concentration broke as a result and she felt her throat relieve. She took a very deep breath and spat out. It turned out to be blood.

"Damn....you almost killed me Dathan. Is that what you want."

"There's no harm in trial. You just discovered one way not to get killed. See, there's always a lesson to learn."

He flashed a smile, one he always had on when he was up to some mischief. He tried to wretch his hand free but it was a worthless effort.

"There's no escaping this...not till I'm gone and please don't try chasing after me. I may not be this merciful next time."

With this she turned to go but then stopped in her tracks.

"tie tenácius!'

The rope got tighter around him.

"Just in case," she said and walked away almost limping.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2015
Good morning everyone. I slept off y'day night when I should have updated. My apologies. Emarkson, I see you...Your name rings some loud bells but I can't exactly place it.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by emarkson(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2015
pabon:
Good morning everyone. I slept off y'day night when I should have updated. My apologies. Emarkson, I see you...Your name rings some loud bells but I can't exactly place it.

#MadeOfMore
yes o it does ring a bell .Check page 4 .
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:41am On May 19, 2015
emarkson:
yes o it does ring a bell .Check page 4 .
Oh! I remember now. You're most welcome.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by emarkson(m): 9:51am On May 19, 2015
pabon:
Oh! I remember now. You're most welcome.
Thank you
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Trypa(f): 9:59am On May 19, 2015
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 19, 2015
HELLO MY FELLOW LITERATURELANDERS, THIS
IS ADEH39, SHE'S ONE OF THE LADIES
CONTESTING FOR THE MISS NAIRALAND
POSITION. I WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG AND
SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU ALL....... YOU GUYS
REALLY MADE MY DAY. I MADE IT TO THE
THIRD ROUND!!!!!!!!!! I GOT THE SIXTH
POSITION...... 122 VOTES. I DIDN'T DO IT
ALONE, YOU WERE THE ONES THAT MADE IT
POSSIBLE. I AM REALLY HAPPY. I REALLY
APPRECIATE IT. YOU GUYS ARE ONE IN A
TRILLION. PLEASE I STILL NEED YOUR
SUPPORTS...... TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!
PLEASE PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE TOMORROW
TOO. PLEASE LITERATURELANDERS ARE MORE
THAN 122, KINDLY CAST YOUR VOTES FOR ME
TOMORROW. 122 VOTES WON'T TAKE ME TO
THE NEXT ROUND TOMORROW!!!! PLEASE I
KNOW YOU GUYS CAN DO IT, YOU MADE IT
HAPPEN LAST YEAR, MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS
YEAR TOO. PLEASE SUPPORT ME BY VOTING
FOR ME.

KINDLY CLICK ON THIS LINK AND VOTE ADEH39

https://www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-final#33908984
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:43am On May 20, 2015
Good morning my great followers. Its been a cold morning so far and I'm not quite in the mode to type an update. The ideas are not quite flowing now.

Thread derailers I see thee. Pray and wish you good luck though.

May your day be sunny!

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Onemansquad(m): 9:55am On May 20, 2015
It has started guys. 9am don reach and voting has started and as agreed, Adeh39 and Aipete2 must make it to the finals. They are in the semi- final already, and only your vote could make the progress to the final. Just type: I vote aipete2, adeh39 Cc: Nljega Your votes count. These two ladies are users of this section, let the crown return to the literature section... Voting thread: http:// www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland- contest-2015-final/2
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 10:25am On May 20, 2015
its will b unwise to not share with you dis memorable day....today I celebrate....yeah its an annul thing but its my BIRTHDAY.....I tank the the Almighty God for adding another year to my life......brothers & sisters cum join me celebrate........
#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Onemansquad(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2015
It has started guys. 9am don reach and voting has started and as agreed, Adeh39 and Aipete2 must make it to the finals. They are in the semi- final already, and only your vote could make the progress to the final. Just type: I vote aipete2, adeh39 Cc: Nljega Your votes count. These two ladies are users of this section, let the crown return to the literature section... Voting thread: http:// www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland- contest-2015-final/2
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:30am On May 21, 2015
rockhillz:
its will b unwise to not share with you dis memorable day....today I celebrate....yeah its an annul thing but its my BIRTHDAY.....I tank the the Almighty God for adding another year to my life......brothers & sisters cum join me celebrate........
#MadeOfMore
Happy birthday bro. I only just came online now. Hoping its not too late to ask for my share of the cake.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2015
pabon:
Happy birthday bro. I only just came online now. Hoping its not too late to ask for my share of the cake.
tanks man....
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Toyade888(m): 12:50pm On May 22, 2015
Bros wel done o.pls try to drop updates for us abeg.nairaland is bconin borin i come online most because of ur story.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Toyade888(m): 12:51pm On May 22, 2015
Bros wel done o.pls try to drop updates for us abeg.nairaland is bconin borin i come online most times because of ur story.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Toyade888(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2015
Bros wel done o.pls try to drop updates for us abeg.nairaland is bconin borin i come online most times because of ur story.

#MADE OF MORE cryBros wel done o.pls try to drop updates for us abeg.nairaland is bconin borin i come online most times because of ur story.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 9:16pm On May 22, 2015
Toyade888:

#MADE OF MORE cryBros wel done o.pls try to drop updates for us abeg.nairaland is bconin borin i come online most times because of ur story.

#MADE OF MORE
guy wetin u talk na true too
....poban abeg drop...ON MY KNEELS
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2015
Toyade888:

#MADE OF MORE
Eyaa! I'm so sorry..msame old excuses. I had wanted to write y'day but my mind wasn't settled...it aint easy trying to do so many things at once. I shall try my best though..

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2015
He followed Mr. Logan as they headed for a place only Mr. Logan knew. He called it the field of gallantry. He wondered if it was the place where there had once been a battle. He had tried asking what it was all about but Mr. Logan had told him he wanted it to be a surprise.

They got to a clearing in the woods and stopped. The place had nice view to the stream nearby and the canopies of the tall trees seemed to block off the rays of sunlight although they were sun flecks which concentrated at the middle of the woods.

"This is the place. The ground of Gallantry. Its where you'll be practicing for the main time. Remember, all you see is not all there is. You must not leave any enemy standing. That's the rule. Only then, will you be allowed out."

"Nacoosa!"

No sooner had Mr. Logan voiced the spell than a trail of some whitish substance- George suspected it to be chalk- began encircling the whole place. It stopped when it met the starting point. He was encircled in it.

He handed him a piece of paper which he took hastily. He didn't know what to feel; terrified or excitement. One thing he knew for sure, this wasn't going to be a fun fair. Mr. Logan had in the last few days been emphasizing on him learning as many spells as possible and he had really tried his best. He now knew dozen of spells which he knew could come in handy whenever the need presented itself. Only he didn't know it was going to be so soon.

"That's the spell that activates the warriors...farewell"

"Wait...which warrio..."

Alas, Mr Logan was already out of sight. His heart began pounding as he didn't know what to expect. This was going to be one heck of a day. He got down to a sitting position and began to recount the spells he had memorized. He could remember almost twenty but he wondered if they would be enough. He had read though that the spells would come flowing whenever he needed them.

With this he held out the piece of paper and read out the spell.

"Solemnus apparitus. Las enblemina Tus Santae Reckonlodius avantii

Gallantae livinia vius lemunus endanconia

Tanae Tanae Ensantus."

At first, it looked as though nothing had happened, that the spell had failed. He was already cooking up a story to that effect when suddenly, out of the ground, bursting its way through was the unmistaken form of a creature.

Its features were scary. A lined forehead and animal-black eyes that spill out its content, It had scars along its cheek. George swallowed hard.

"How foolish of you to have awaken me at this time. I only hope you came with your casket otherwise, your corpse will rot on this field and no one will discover your remains."

He saw the creature as an animal rather than a human. For which human had such hands shaped like claws and teeth so dark they make you want to throw up or the growling that was a definite feature of animals?

It produced a short stick that had a ball engraved in the place where the stick branched into two at the tip. It was emerald in color. It seemed to be radiating some glow.

"Serpensis!"

It shot something at him. On a closer look, he realized that it was a snake.

"My wordddd!" He exclaimed. He turned to go running but he was met with an invisible wall that prevented him from getting out.

"There's no escaping this you weakling."

Now the snake was very close to him. His adrenaline was adding up gradually and as it made to lung at him, he spat out.

"Enflammare!"

Fire came from his palm and consumed the snake.

"Well done but that was only the tip of the ice berg."

"Camedion"

He was stunned, not by the spell but by the fact that this spell was used on him. It was a spell that went for the heart of the attacked.

Does it really want me dead? He remembered Mr. Logan's words about thins not being a s they appear.

"Bomerango!"

His own magic rays went straight towards the creature. It was a counter-spell. Both spells met midway and the fight for dominance began. He had to focus of of his energy on to the spell but it wasn't working. The rays were coming closer to him and he didn't know how to prevent this. He strained harder but still his spell rays was increasingly being overpowered. He shut his eyes and focused gathering energy from every part of his body; head to toe and he concentrated towards his palm.

"Nostras!"

His spell rays suddenly picked momentum and spiraled towards the creature and before he could stop it, he was struck. It fell down and breathed its last.

"Ewwww!" He sighed falling to the ground catching his breath. He bowed his head low and closed his eyes.

"Get up and fight you coward."

He opened his eyes suddenly to see a lady with monstrous features. She was standing 3 o'clock from where the previous 'monster-thing' had stood. He saw beneath her feet, a plate-like projection. There was another one opposite her and another opposite where the monster-guy had been standing. Understanding washed over him. This was a quadrangle;four enemies. He was going to fight three more of these devils.

"Oh god!" He exclaimed.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2015
rockhillz:
guy wetin u talk na true too ....poban abeg drop...ON MY KNEELS
Just did an update.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Mczigx(m): 11:46am On May 24, 2015
Bro nice story u gat dere bt d updates are slow try and improve on dat
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Toyade888(m): 7:11pm On May 25, 2015
TANKS FOR THE UPDATE WE APPRECIATE............BT U NO SEY WE NO DEY SATISFY grin.......ABEG MORE UPDATE

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2015
more
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by alleazardous(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2015
pls come and update oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.