Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,182 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117377 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 02, 2015
MORE!!! I need more...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 12:19am On May 03, 2015
#carry on #100% fowolling #made of more ...still i follow
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 03, 2015
I need magic also
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2015
Night came as he'd want it. At the exact struck of midnight, he was up. He walked lazily towards his study table and soon got really focused. He quickly brushed through the remainder of the basic spells.

He finished the session on levitation and plunging of objects, dead or alive. He again did the experiment on plunging live objects which was more difficult since living things had a will which sometimes could go contrary to the will of the manipulator and so a great deal of self will and focus was necessary.

This time around, he used a cockroach that he had caught lurking inside the shelf. He captured it and placed it on the table.

Though it took him quite some time, he soon became increasingly better at focusing. Momentarily, he allowed the cockroach time to regain some momentum as he didn't want a repetition of what occurred the last time. And by the way, cockroaches seemed to have a better stamina and resistant to damage than the frog he had used. After plunging the cockroach several times at the waste bin he had placed closer to the door, he let go of it and proceeded to the next session on the book; fire manipulation.

"The manipulation of fire had often been the regular past time of the earliest magicians but over the years, but over the years, it has become a most important element of protection and warfare.

Fire, like most liquids can be bent, re-shapened and can take various forms. Its as elastic as you'd have it be. Its one of the most useful of the four earth elements. Learning its manipulation has the potential to be the most pertinent achievement ever made and surprisingly, its not so difficult if you'd give it time and effort. Now, we begin with this session..."

This was getting increasingly interesting by the minute. He soon got used to the spells as he kept reciting them to himself.

"Enflammare dus ascendante"

Fire shut up into the air with the speed of vision. He was excited and soon, he had several tongues of fire floating in the air and he kept juggling them around. He was so thrilled that he didn't know when one of the flames dropped on the book. He kept on dangling with the flames until when he turned back and saw that a good portion of the book was up in flames.

"Oh Jeez. What have I done?"

He rushed for it immediately.

"Resendant enflammare!"

The fire receded immediately and so did the shades on the burnt part of the page. This meant that the book was indestructible. He sighed deeply pressing the book close to his chest.

4 Likes

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2015
prettydiva89:
I need magic also
LoL. Magic is everywhere. You just have to look. *Smiles**

Keep following..
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 12:15am On May 05, 2015
Na half chop be that oh. Anyway, thanks
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:41am On May 05, 2015
He was once again active; scribbling down vital spells on scraps of paper and turning to previous page to recall forgotten spells or warnings. His mind was fully concentrated on working out majority of the spells. It wasn't so easy working fast and quietly so. Mr. Logan had warned him against working spells at night and the last thing he wanted now was to give him another cause to worry.

One of the spells he saw caught his attention and he was sure the ingredients required were available inside and around the house; garlic, siam weed, juice of lime, the eye of a salmon and the some fire flies. He had always seen fire flies inside his room at night because he always forgets to lock his window on time ans so he was sure he could get some. See, it pays to be negligent at times.

He ran out of the room, got to the kitchen and retrieved the garlic.

He remembered once that he had seen a jar with the inscription, 'SALMON EYES'.

The question was, where?

He quickly scanned the counters inside the store room but couldn't quite see any jar with that inscription. He ran to the show glass in the dining but still couldn't find it. Then, he remembered the cabinet. Inside the store, an hidden one.

Mr. Logan had designed it to keep the most precious of his stuffs. He wondered though why salmon's eyes could be precious because they were virtually easy to get. Anyways, he wasn't going to spend time now unraveling that mystery. It was a puzzle for another day.

He brushed away all the jars and stuffs blocking the door to the cabinet until he had a perfect view.

"Aperi portam!"

He whispered this as quietly as he could but got no response.

Nothing.

"Aperi portam!"

He was louder this time but still he got the silence. He was getting impatient now.

How exactly had Mr. Logan opened it the last time.

"Alahomora!"

Still nothing.

He was going to get this now at all cost. He had hardly done much today and wanted to make sure he achieved his aim.

"Torche vis a kcol"

There was a loud bang as the lock burst. He heard it click open immediately and also heard a loud cry.

"George, is that you?"

He heard steps coming down the stairs.

"Damn!"

"Mofilato!"

He spelled his movement to be noiseless as he ran out of the kitchen with as much speed as he could summon. He was lucky though because no sooner had he left the kitchen than Mr. Logan appeared. And luckily again, he had retrieved the jar of the salmon eyes. He dropped it in the jute bag he carried and bent low catching his breath.

Mr. Logan looked around for a while and when he was sure no one was lurking round his house, he went bad to his room.

He proceeded to the back yard and got some of the siam weeds. They were required untampered and so he spelled them into his bag. Next, he tried plucking some lime. This proved a little difficult as he was always getting pricked by the thorns. Once, he almost got pricked in the eye. He stopped to catch his breath. His breathing steadied gradually. The big clock in the sitting room struck three times.

"Damn!"

That's three hours already spent. In another three, it would be daylight. He had to get over this as quickly as he could.

How about using some spells. I know I've seen something for this before.

He concentrated on one lime fruit which he thought would have a lot of juice in it and spelled

"Engriptus la citrelas"

He knew something was amiss immediately the words left his mouth and indeed he was. All the fruits suddenly left the tree and started heading for him. One missed him though and went banging on the door.

The speed with which Mr. Logan ran down the stairs was shockingly incredible. He did a spell to brush aside the fruits that now littered everywhere. Next and critical though,he had to think up an invisibility spells as fast as he could.

"Disapparitus!"

Nothing.

"Vanish"

Visible still.

Mr. Logan was now close to the door. He tried exerting all his mental energy in all directions but the truth though was that he had never seen or read any invisibility spell.

Mr. Logan was out already. He looked out into the darkness and saw nothing. Then he made to turn his back but he suddenly saw the statue, the exact place George was hiding. The statue was gigantic and round and George was squatting behind it, his breath now in his mouth. It seemed Mr. Logan had seen him for he came slowly towards it. He slowed to a tip toe and got to the statue. He stretched his hand behind it very quickly in a fluid motion and made to grab the clothes of the assailant but his hand met with thin air.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:43am On May 05, 2015
MrCcf:
Na half chop be that oh. Anyway, thanks
Half bread is better than puff puff na. Lol. Enjoy your day.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by obumsway(m): 2:42pm On May 05, 2015
Nice work indeed .... Pls continue .... Following mode activated !!!! Nice one ........ !!!!

#madeofmore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 8:54pm On May 05, 2015
#Made of more
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2015
obumsway:
Nice work indeed .... Pls continue .... Following mode activated !!!! Nice one ........ !!!!

#madeofmore
Thanks...I've still got more...just stay put. I'll update later in the evening.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2015
rockhillz:
#Made of more
I hail thee! My main guy. I owe my renewed motivation to you bro. Please keep it coming...

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:35pm On May 06, 2015
Hi guys,

Please pardon my sluggishness in updating. I'm trying to improve. I should have update again before the end of the day and if I'm HIGH, I could even do two updates.lol!

Niwdog I see you...

Takia!

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Niwdog(m): 2:07pm On May 06, 2015
pabon:
Hi guys,

Please pardon my sluggishness in updating. I'm trying to improve. I should have update again before the end of the day and if I'm HIGH, I could even do two updates.lol!

Niwdog I see you...

Takia!

#MadeOfMore
grin
pabon:
Hi guys,

Niwdog I see you...

Takia!

#MadeOfMore
i s€€ you bro. Nic€ story.
I still th€y chap7
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2015
Please do correct me when my spellings, punctuations and grammatic structure isn't correct. I just saw some errors I made in the last update but if you're okay with it, then so am I. I'm still made of more!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2015
He was pressed back against the wall though at his will. He closed his eyes as he tried to regain himself.

That was as close as close can be

He wondered how he had gotten the spell and how he had managed to say it just in time.

How could I have thought or cooked up 'inconspicui fiunt'. It had to come from somewhere.

"Or could it be that I'm gifted with the element of spells also?"

He walked towards the table now and dropped the jute bag on the table and slumped into the chair. He was feeling exhausted already.

"And what was that, citrellas instead of citrella? That was one heck of a silly mistake!"

He poured out the content of the bag on the table. He counted the items and they were all there save for the fire flies. He looked around but couldn't quite see any. He walked to the door where the light switch was located and flicked it off. Just then two fire flies came to view.

"Haha...there you are!"

He snapped his fingers and beckoned on it.

"Engriptus la fire fly"

The fire flies swayed into his direction but just as they were about to enter his hand, they again changed direction.

"What! How dare you?"

He leaped for them and managed to get one of them though the light was almost extinguished.

"Great"

He got a crucible and poured the garlic, siam weed and the eye of salmon into it. Then, he cut open the lime and allowed the juice into it. Then he added some water. With a spatula, he stirred the solution and began the enchantment.

"Enflammare lis pentand vividus gonnadid.
Treppiona leviticus donarius lustrous flavidus.
Encircle toucus las tonad."

The solution which was greenish suddenly turned red and gave up some fumes.

He got a white chalk and drew a big circle with a pentagon engraved on the floor and placed the crucible in the middle where he sat. He crossed his leg in the Buddha position and closed his eyes. He had repeated the whole enchantment to himself over and over again and so had committed it to his memory. This spell was the manipulation of fire and how to bend it to a great extent.

He began to do the enchantment while narrowing his concentration as much as he could. The more he chanted, the more he felt drawn in and soon, he was completely oblivious of his surrounding.

Soon, a fire came up and followed the lining of the circle and began to grow tall slowly. It lit up around the pentagon and kept blazing. Soon also, his palms lit up like tongues and he continued still.

In his unconscious state, he was seeing himself with the fire and he began to will it to do what he wanted. He re-shapened them into balls, into the shape of a star, of a palm, of a dog, wolf, lion and just kept on manipulating the fire. He was so drawn in that he was unaware of the growing flame in the room. The fire had left just the circle and was spreading to other areas. Soon, the legs of the table was on fire and had began burning the wood and it was threatening to spread even further.

Suddenly, the fire went off and so it did in his vision. He was surprised and looking around he saw no one, nothing, no reason for the fire to go off. He was drawn off his trance and regaining consciousness, he opened his eyes and there in front of his was a book, another familiar book, the guardian.

"What was that for?"
Scribbling.

"I was trying to prevent you from causing a great deal of destruction around here!"

"Did I ask for your help. You show up all of a sudden and feel you can just walk your way back in?"

"It wasn't my making. It was in your interest that I went away."

"My interest you say? That I almost died, that I was left to die in the albanian forest, that I almost got eaten by an azian spider. My interest you say?"

" You were left in safe hands. I knew no harm could come to you...that's why I?"

"Get lost. I no longer need you."

There was a pause and the guardian book still laid there. George got angry and closing his eyes, he got a fire started.

"Enflammare le guardian"

The fire got up suddenly but the book wasn't to be found, the fire got shattered and then, for once, it seemed he lost control. Fragments of fire were everywhere. George opened his eyes to see the chaos he had caused. He tried all his best but to put out the fire but to no avail, the fire kept splitting into more fragments and burning in its path.

"Aquarantis englargesses"

The fire went out but the spell hadn't come from him. He turned his back to see a ghostly form of a man.

"This is the reason I've been away for a while!" He said.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 1:47pm On May 07, 2015
nice work....more ink to ya pen #MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:53am On May 08, 2015
Danpersie31
What you're doing aint right. U shouldn't be spamming and worse still, derailing this thread. There are better ways to do referrals... No hard feelings though.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Danpersie31(m): 2:02am On May 08, 2015
pabon:
What you're doing aint right. U shouldn't be spamming and worse still, derailing this thread. There are better ways to do referrals... No hard feelings though.
am really really sorry..my bad.pls 4giv me
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 09, 2015
™wist & $uspense
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 7:31am On May 10, 2015
Thanks
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Toyade888(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2015
guy u 2 much............i just cant kip followin as a ghost reader..av got to commend such rare creativity....wat can i say its.....
#MAGICAL#

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2015
"Still you shouldn't have left the way you did...and to keep me outdated...that was evil of you. I should kill you!"

It was clear he was still in rage. He was still trying hard to get used to the ghostly form of the guardian. It was the form of a young man, no, young adult, looked 20,21 maybe. He had the clearly defined features of an handsome work of creation. He had his jaw outline carved out with precision shaped to look like the base of an egg only wider. He also had a perfect set of white teeth. His eyes shone like lasers whenever he stared. He had this tom-boyish frame. Even as he angered, he still couldn't help admiring him. He was glad to have him as a guardian though he wouldn't be caught dead saying it. He didn't want a guardian with a pumped up ego.

"That would be a consideration if I were human...I'm immortal dude."

"So I'm now dude and no longer master?" It was a quizzy look and his high shoulders were suddenly brought down with the renewed notification of his purpose; to serve the destiny carrier which happened to be George. Still, he felt he shouldn't be reminded of it so often as George had been doing in the last three hours.

"Not really...I felt that since I'm part-human now---That---well maybe---we could come down to just friends level though I'd still be serving you just the same way as before."

George loved the way he had unsettled him. He knew now that he had the upper hand in this battle of rights. The stuttering of his guardian had just proved it.

"No, I think it should remain the same."

"But---"

"Its a command."

He was frowning now and three wrinkle lines formed on his forehead making him look like all the more attractive.

"Okay...fine. Have it your way then."

George was brimming with an air of excitement to have won the contest. He grinned wildly as he resumed pouring water on the daisies that Mr. Logan had brought back from the forest. They had been brought in fresh by Mr. Logan but were beginning to wither. He had therefore been asked to help water them. He wondered why there was a sudden desire to beautify the place. He had felt Mr. Logan had no place for such 'irrelevant' things. As he poured water on the bare soil in the vase, he began to wonder what the next spell he was going to learn would be. He had not the slightest idea what was coming next.

"Ad ventilabis aliquis retrorsum"

He was flung suddenly against the wall and the water sprayer leaped out of his hand into the air. He sat up suddenly and with anger faced the now smiling guardian.

"What was that for...have you forgotten who I am, you----scumb--!"

"Alexius...I prefer that...its the latin word for guardian"

"You'll pay for this I promise you...."

He sprang up suddenly and with his palm out stretched shouted the jinx.

"Fulmensia!"

A bluish thunderbolt shot out of his palm and headed straight for the guardian. He just flashed an half pound smile and waved it off.

He whispered something and did a motion with his hand driving it to the left the motion shaped like an arc. The thunderbolt deviated and when ahead, hitting a frame causing the glass to shatter to the floor.

"You've still got quite a lot to learn. But... I'll be patient."

"I don't need you anymore!" He shouted this time meeting the gaze of the guardian something he hadn't been able to do since he transformed.

"Really...I don't think so."

"I've got my book of spells. You're useless to me."

The guardian shook his head with an air of absolute surrender.

"You'll know better soon. For now...let's just get you ready for Mr. Logan's test today."
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:54am On May 13, 2015
Toyade888:
guy u 2 much............i just cant kip followin as a ghost reader..av got to commend such rare creativity....wat can i say its.....
#MAGICAL#

#MADE OF MORE
Thanks for the nice comment. I'll try my best not to disappoint. Keep following.

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:13am On May 13, 2015
I'm sorry I've not been able to update in a while. I've been busy with school work. I lie not!

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:43am On May 13, 2015
@Efe2nath...I see you.

@Rockhillz...I hail thee

Keep following...

#MadeOfMore

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 11:51am On May 13, 2015
pabon:
I'm sorry I've not been able to update in a while. I've been busy with school work. I lie not!

#MadeOfMore!
we patient my guy

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 13, 2015
lets enjoy
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 13, 2015
This may be a quest you don't want to answer but how do you create your spells?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:38am On May 14, 2015
ArrowAssassin:
This may be a quest you don't want to answer but how do you create your spells?

I think most of them up. Some I twist using other languages and some are real spells *winks**

Do have a nice morning
#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 6:29pm On May 14, 2015
hmmmm....activatux le updatario

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.