Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Making Love & Raising A Family - Family (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making Love & Raising A Family (63591 Views)

Thinking Of Raising A Family? Know Your Blood Rhesus Factor / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Raising A Child To Speak English In Nigeria: Is It Proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
Baby mama: By the way the 3 blouses I bought,nothing fancy just regular work tops
Total cost $125
Baby mama paid $28 total cool cool cool
How did that happen

They were on sale,on the discount rack for budget shoppers like me wey no dey shame grin grin
I had $20 in coupons
Plus a 15% off coupon

Baby mama,

You work hard, you make your money, you take care of basic household needs, you dont owe anyone, You have a home to live in, You have your childrens future figured out, You have enough in savings to cover emergency

Abeg if you no spend money who should?

Most of those women you see in the mall dont have any of those things figured out and they still spend times 10 of you.

If you spend $2000 in one day you DESERVE IT. The money message is not for you, Its for those on the other side who are the overwhelming majority

If you are a Neurosurgeon making 1m a yr working hard Omo Na me go carry go where to buy private jet and Yatch

I am for working hard and enjoying hard
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
My relatives and friends visiting from Nigeria love me
They say I know the best places to take them for berra stuff to mesmerize their pals in Naija
One came back this year and said the women at her parish gave her money sef to get them some stuff too
And she will make profit grin grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
dayokanu:

Baby mama,

You work hard, you make your money, you take care of basic household needs, you dont owe anyone, You have a home to live in, You have your childrens future figured out, You have enough in savings to cover emergency

Abeg if you no spend money who should?

Most of those women you see in the mall dont have any of those things figured grin out and they still spend times 10 of you.

If you spend $2000 in one day you DESERVE IT. The money message is not for you, Its for those on the other side who are the overwhelming majority

If you are a Neurosurgeon making 1m a yr working hard Omo Na me go carry go where to buy private jet and Yatch

I am for working hard and enjoying hard

Who is a neurosurgeon?
E mi ke
I may be a doctor but I am a civil servant on a paid salary ,fixed income and I don't do calls so I don't make That much
But not complaining.
This is Christmas,I dey home,cool two weeks some years more
Most likely you earn more than I do with your tech wizardry
If I was that type of doctor will I be on nairaland? grin
There are nurses who make way more than me but I know they have to work many hours to do that sha
I work normal hours,sometimes 1 PM my day is over
Sincerely We don't have much spendable income
They are locked up in a retirement fund and college funds
Na manage we dey manage ourselves

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
PureOhio:
Uhn? Guys don't rock atmosphere ?
I had to volunteer at thrift store some weeks back and during the process it was mostly guys that came thrift-ing.

lower-tier guys, abeg! how many professionals would go to a thrift store & buy stuff there. you know women can share such info & have fun with it. colleagues diss each other if they find out you are dumbing down.

You're comparing yourself to most men. Majority of men don't rock £400 jeans.
Most of these blokes at canary wharf are trust fund babies. They are not the majority.

£400 pair of jeans will buy about 40 pieces for the average woman. women already have the assets that get guys excited, the cloth is just an icing on the cake.

Remember I still have my pedis and manis, and MAC. 2 MAC foundations can buy you 2 shirts at Ralph. You can't overlook the frequency at which women shop, and the things they have to buy.

pedis & manis? what are you? angelina jolie? i cut my nails myself & if i am in lagos, my meiguard does it free of charge. grin

You mentioned spending £120 for three months on your hair-cuts. Well-done braids would cost $200. Women hardly even keep them for 3 months nowadays.

in the UK, it's for 5 months sef.
stuff like that are super expensive. the women just rock their braids or cut their hair low.

Btw, braids are even cheap. Weaves have become a lucrative business; even guys sell weaves. There's a reason for that.

men are the ones footing these bills.....it's part of our expenses. we buy for ourselves & we still buy for our partners. how many women can really take their own money to buy $1,000 hair attachments?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by damiso(f): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Men generally tend to buy quality over quantity.My husband has a winter coat he bought £380 and that has been his standard going out winter coat since 2009.I dont think I have a winter coat that cost over a £100 but I have black, red, purple, tan, pastel pink etc grin grin grin.But they were on sale naa tongue :PI bought the purple one £40 in gap from £120 pls tell me does that not make me a savvier spender tongue tongue.I sha cant be wearing one grey winter coat everyday cos its £380. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
damiso: Men generally tend to buy quality over quantity.My husband has a winter coat he bought £380 and that has been his standard going out winter coat since 2009.I dont think o have a winter coat that cost over a £100 but I have black, red, purple, tan, pastel pink etc grin grin grin.But they were on sale naa tongue :PI bought the purple one £40 in gap from £120 pls tell me does that not make me a savvier spender tongue tongue.I sha cant be wearing one grey winter coat everyday cos its £380. tongue

Hahahaha
That is man for you
A woman must have winter jackets
Regular jackets for when it is not so wintery but you need it to go with the skirts
Light sweaters for when it is breezy
Heavier sweaters for when it is a bit chilly but not cold enough for the jackets
In different colors o
Then of course a black leather jacket
And brown too
One in jeans fabric too

Ha hahahaha
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by PureOhio(f): 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
coogar:

lower-tier guys, abeg! how many professionals would go to a thrift store & buy stuff there. you know women can share such info & have fun with it. colleagues diss each other if they find out you are dumbing down.
£400 pair of jeans will buy about 40 pieces for the average woman. women already have the assets that get guys excited, the cloth is just an icing on the cake.
pedis & manis? what are you? angelina jolie? i cut my nails myself & if i am in lagos, my meiguard does it free of charge. grin
in the UK, it's for 5 months sef.
stuff like that are super expensive. the women just rock their braids or cut their hair low.
men are the ones footing these bills.....it's part of our expenses. we buy for ourselves & we still buy for our partners. how many women can really take their own money to buy $1,000 hair attachments?

40 pairs of jeans for £400? Na bend-down-select? And that's my point. After buying the pair of jeans for £10, the jeans will get ripped in the dryer after one wash. Now she has to get another pair.

A $100 skirt at zara = 5 trips to F21 to buy $20 skirts.

One good pair of jeans that would last you three years = numerous pairs for her over the same period of time.

All these bargains for females na lie. All those clothes on the clearance rack are nothing to write about compared to the real deal.
You still have to come back to buy more cheap shirts because the ones you bought have started to fade.

Meigaurd clipping your nails? Ew. You need Asians in your life.

It doesn't matter who is footing the bills, the point is women are more expensive.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
damiso: Men generally tend to buy quality over quantity.My husband has a winter coat he bought £380 and that has been his standard going out winter coat since 2009.I dont think I have a winter coat that cost over a £100 but I have black, red, purple, tan, pastel pink etc grin grin grin.But they were on sale naa tongue :PI bought the purple one £40 in gap from £120 pls tell me does that not make me a savvier spender tongue tongue.I sha cant be wearing one grey winter coat everyday cos its £380. tongue

Thats exactly the point

A man would buy one expensive item. And wear it for 10yrs
If you add all the amount you have spent on winter jacket since 2009 its would add up to more than 380.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats exactly the point

If you add all the amount you have spent on winter jacket since 2009 its would add up to more than 380.

Tell me about it
My so called $100 leather jacket ripped in the arm pit in the third year and I had to keep that hand paralyzed till I got back in the car
The $500 ones will stay 10 years
Sometimes cheap is bad

I don't advocate cheap but bargains
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by damiso(f): 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats exactly the point

Na lie joor tongue tongue.His expensive taste too much jare.Always saying you and all these cheape clothes that don't last (true sha pure ohio is right).Some(ok most) of my most expensive items were bought by him.I neva fit count £1, 000 go buy watch.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
PureOhio:

40 pairs of jeans for £400? Na bend-down-select? And that's my point. After buying the pair of jeans for £10, the jeans will get ripped in the dryer after one wash. Now she has to get another pair.

A $100 top at zara = 5 trips to F21 to buy $20 skirts.

One good pair of jeans that would last you three years = numerous pairs for her over the same period of time.

All these bargains for females na lie. All those clothes on the clearance rack are nothing to write about compared to the real deal.
You still have to come back to buy more cheap shirts because the ones you bought have started to fade.

Meigaurd clipping your nails? Ew. You need Asians in your life.

It doesn't matter who is footing the bills, the point is women are more expensive.

Cheap sucks
Quality at a bargain is the key
I have bought Calvin Klein and guess jeans at sam's club for $14.99
They have those deals once in a while
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Baby mama:

Tell me about it
My so called $100 leather jacket ripped in the arm pit in the third year and I had to keep that hand paralyzed till I got back in the car The $500 ones will stay 10 years
Sometimes cheap is bad

I don't advocate cheap but bargains

[img]http://2.bp..com/-MU9KxjG0u_g/T1PEhdyH4CI/AAAAAAAAAA8/UE3nhl4DhWA/s640/tyler+laughing+hard+gif.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
Coogar you dey laugh me
Ha hahahaha
Thank God it wasn't my trousers that ripped
Especially for those of us carrying land cruisers
You can't afford to wear any cheap flimsy jeans
You may end up on youtube
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by PureOhio(f): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
Baby mama:

Cheap sucks

Cheap does suck. I'm learning the hard way.
I got a pair of jeans for $15 at asos-online months ago. It was literally falling apart the first day I wore it ; zipper came off, button came off; On top say I won save money.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by damiso(f): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Baby mama:

Cheap sucks

Cheap really does suck.Better to buy Quality at a bargain.TK maxx and the likes are good with that.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by PureOhio(f): 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
Baby mama:

When it comes to Ross, Marshals, TJ/TK maxx(those hand-me-downs-from designer stores), they do have good deals. However, finding your size becomes the problem. They hardly have variety of sizes.
I'm sure you know why.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
PureOhio:

Cheap does suck. I'm learning the hard way.
I got a pair of jeans for $15 at asos-online months ago. It was literally falling apart the first day I wore it ; zipper came off, button came off; On top say I won save money.

I never shop for clothes online
The two times I attempted it ,the first was for scrubs,I ended up returning the clothes and swore never to do so again
I can't buy an outfit I can't touch and feel
I could attempt it from a reputed department store like Macys or Dillard's but not an online store that has no physical store where I have seen and bought stuff from.
One was an outfit I ordered for a wedding after seeing it online at this website
I had never heard of it prior but the reviews were good and the dress looked perfect and I ordered it

The dress was a disaster
I ordered a 16 because of the cut,it came looking like 3x
The shoulders were hanging off
The fabric was cheap
The color wasn't what I expected
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Baby mama: Coogar you dey laugh me
Ha hahahaha

that paralysis line is funny. i could picture that. if someone waves at you, and you are carrying a bag with the other hand then you cannot wave back. you just nod or wait till you get into a car before you wave back.

PureOhio:
A $100 skirt at zara = 5 trips to F21 to buy $20 skirts.

but she has more quantity - so with proper management & rotation, she should get by nicely. another thing is we are mostly guilty of not reading washing instructions before dipping these items into the machine or a bowl of water. my policy is simple - any item more than £100 goes to the drycleaners.

i still envy women & how ridiculous their stuff can be. men have no hiding place. you must wear quality or lose the appeal. grin

manage them well na - not every piece of clothing must go into the machine. i sometimes wish i dunno where selfridges or house of fraser are. they are the only 2 places i can shop even if it means once a year.

Meigaurd clipping your nails? Ew. You need Asians in your life. It doesn't matter who is footing the bills, the point is women are more expensive.

meiguard are experts -
women aren't - they just pack quantity and take up the whole space. lord knows my wife must have her separate bedroom.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by PureOhio(f): 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ Coogar
you have the £100-dry-cleaner because you spent money on the item.

What's a $10 F21 top doing at the dry-cleaner's? The money to dry-clean is even more than the price you got it for. grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
PureOhio:
When it comes to Ross, Marshals, TJ/TK maxx(those hand-me-downs-from designer stores), they do have good deals. However, finding your size becomes the problem. They hardly have variety of sizes.
I'm sure you know why.

Yes
That is the problem
Every black woman has ikebe
So those of us with land cruisers cannot find our sizes easily
You see a beautiful skirt
It will have size 6,8 sometimes 10 then size 18 and 20
All the 12,14 and 16 where the real babes reside,gone
This ikebe something is a disadvantage o
Very big disadvantage I tell you

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
another place for good deals in the US NORDSTROM RACK

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ypepe: 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
Yep he is one.
I bet he came to post something where we normally play and saw that.
He is from another side.
Hope u get it, BM?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 01, 2014
bukatyne: Happy new year to the family section crew: babymama, nashville, ypp, jenny aka yekini mistress, ileobatojo, efemena, cc, pocketeconomist, bluu, coogar, dayo, bellong, ewuro, damiso o

Happy new year Buka!

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bukatyne(f): 12:51am On Jan 01, 2014
ileobatojo:

Happy new year Buka!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bluuu: 2:03am On Jan 01, 2014
happy new year house.i wish u fulfillment in all areas of ur life.Amen

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by rubi(f): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
Very educating and informating too thread

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by TyLannister: 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year, guys! smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by nwababy: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Happy new year my people. Lots of love frm Nwababy

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bluuu: 12:08am On Jan 06, 2014
i was chatting wt an admirer n started talking abt marriage hubby helpin wifey in d kitchen. i'l use his exact words.he said he s a pure breed african man,dt he cant help in d kitchen except to pick up a fallen knife,said he wont enter kitchen sef dt a man has his duty so does a woman.he said if his wife s preg,she will do all her chores.he can help wen he knows ( not if she just say so.he claimd to v a way of knowin since its his wife) she s sick or weak. he also said y cant a woman cook cos she s weak,afterall she s not sick. would u date/ marry dat kinda guy n y?? also same man dt said he has a strong male ego bt kinda Godly,nice,caring,responsible
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 06, 2014
bluuu: i was chatting wt an admirer n started talking abt marriage hubby helpin wifey in d kitchen. i'l use his exact words.he said he s a pure breed african man,dt he cant help in d kitchen except to pick up a fallen knife,said he wont enter kitchen sef dt a man has his duty so does a woman.he said if his wife s preg,she will do all her chores.he can help wen he knows ( not if she just say so.he claimd to v a way of knowin since its his wife) she s sick or weak. he also said y cant a woman cook cos she s weak,afterall she s not sick. would u date/ marry dat kinda guy n y?? also same man dt said he has a strong male ego bt kinda Godly,nice,caring,responsible

My husband almost always never touches anything in the kitchen except when I am sick or newly delivered of a baby.
Some men don't like kitchen work but will help out in absolute necessity ,and I am married to one
Doesn't bother me
He would bathe the babies when they were little,feed them,change diapers,I appreciated those
I bet you he will take your car for repairs at the mechanic and for oil change
Personally I don't think that should be a deal breaker for you if your man will not help in the kitchen
At least I like his honesty

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bluuu: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
tnx,baby momma

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Dyekatana(f): 2:05am On Jan 10, 2014
hi everyone, been away for a while and i have missed you guys .... but i am back now and following the thread. happy new year to all you nice guys. and no i have not fallen off the wagon. grin not spoken to you know who ... while i've been away, been following y'alls advice and working on cactus man.. work in progress... there should be a sign in my house saying "MEN @ WORK" grin. no..."WOMAN @ WORK"
@ damiso, i read all what you wrote and i am touched.....really... by your story and you know cactus man has a kinda similar background but i am not .. i mean whenever my dad came home from work when i was a kid he greeted his kids with a kiss, gave us all valentine cards on valentines' day...... the whole shebang.. and i don't get it when someone is kinda cold. undecided

but enough of old story jare grin

i had fun this new year and been having fun hope y'all are having fun too.

group hug and kisses kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home / Man Returns From Mortuary After Confirmed Dead (PICTURED) / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.