Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Did I Beg You To Marry Me? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Beg You To Marry Me? (9660 Views)

8 Simple Ways To Make Your Girlfriend Beg You For Sexx / 8 Things That Will Make Her Beg You For Sex [adults Only] / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2013
lertee:
This is what FEMINISM is turning our ladies to. What happens to our African pride as a woman being submissive to her man and taking care of the home. Your husband can help you out if he wants to but doing a roaster is ridiculous.
not every person lives by sharia law or african traditions. Are they both not working? Don't they both get tired? There is a reason why some women have resorted to feminist views! What a man can do a woman can do and what a woman can do a man can do too. Whats so sinful about a man cooking if his wife gets home late? Clearly if there is nothing sinful about a woman working a 40hrs week to help with paying the bills and buying the food they will both consume, then i dont see anything sinful about a man helping out when his wife gets home late. OP said when one gets home before the other and vice versa
People should stop misinterpreting feminism into what its not

2 Likes

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2013
niceeric:

PS:I see all d feminists in here washing dishes and cooking in their kitchens in a few years time...all their fumble is limited to nairaland walahi
this is what i call being feeble-minded! Being feminist doesnt mean abandoning your role as a woman, its simply establishing equal political, economic and social rights of women to those of men. Who told u that when a woman is feminist she stops cleaning and cooking? Doing everything equally based on a person's ability to do something not gender!

2 Likes

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: this is what i call being feeble-minded! Being feminist doesnt mean abandoning your role as a woman, its simply establishing equal political, economic and social rights of women to those of men. Who told u that when a woman is feminist she stops cleaning and cooking? Doing everything equally based on a person's ability to do something not gender!
would you kindly keep to your 'lane' ma'am?I AV managed to do that with you for long so as to avoid insults
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by jhidey08(m): 11:02am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: not every person lives by sharia law or african traditions. Are they both not working? Don't they both get tired? There is a reason why some women have resorted to feminist views! What a man can do a woman can do and what a woman can do a man can do too. Whats so sinful about a man cooking if his wife gets home late? Clearly if there is nothing sinful about a woman working a 40hrs week to help with paying the bills and buying the food they will both consume, then i dont see anything sinful about a man helping out when his wife gets home late. OP said when one gets home before the other and vice versa
People should stop misinterpreting feminism into what its not
mondi, u said nt every1 lives by African traditions, please answer diz questions sincerely; when u were growing up, hw many tyms did ur dad make dishes 4u in absence of ur mom A responsible wife shld plan her tym well so as 2 get home earlier dan her husband to prepare sumthing 4u, lyk I said earlier, wot d op is saying is only possible if d husband is idle and stays at home 4 24/7 or earns little salary compared 2 wot his wife earns. D truth is, if d man really has a good job and earn reasonable salary, he'll find sumthing 2 eat b4 he gets home and possibly bring anoda woman home one day as a wife. Stop fooling urself!
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 11:08am On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: mondi, u said nt every1 lives by African traditions, please answer diz questions sincerely; when u were growing up, hw many tyms did ur dad make dishes 4u in absence of ur mom A responsible wife shld plan her tym well so as 2 get home earlier dan her husband to prepare sumthing 4u, lyk I said earlier, wot d op is saying is only possible if d husband is idle and stays at home 4 24/7 or earns little salary compared 2 wot his wife earns. D truth is, if d man really has a good job and earn reasonable salary, he'll find sumthing 2 eat b4 he gets home and possibly bring anoda woman home one day as a wife. Stop fooling urself!
God bless you sir...exactly wat my earlier post on legal reason for 'concubineship' is about.I go get concubines(olowoshibi) ehn?I would one day forget to return home permanently lol
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by jhidey08(m): 11:08am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: this is what i call being feeble-minded! Being feminist doesnt mean abandoning your role as a woman, its simply establishing equal political, economic and social rights of women to those of men. Who told u that when a woman is feminist she stops cleaning and cooking? Doing everything equally based on a person's ability to do something not gender!
I dunno wot's wrong wit ladies of nowadays, u're all craving 4 equal ryts while u knw insyd urself dat it's nt possible. We've been made 2 understand dat women receive less compared 2 men ryt 4rm our primary skul days, if a boy and a girl aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ 2 b punished 4 a bad behaviour, a boy would receive lyk 6 hot lashes of cane while a gal would receive lyk 3 cold lashes. Dis is common sense, stp comparing urselves wit men.
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by jhidey08(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2013
niceeric:
God bless you sir...exactly wat my earlier post on legal reason for 'concubineship' is about.I go get concubines(olowoshibi) ehn?I would one day forget to return home permanently lol
God won't leave u too unblessed sir. don't mind doze gals, won ti baje juuu

1 Like

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: I dunno wot's wrong wit ladies of nowadays, u're all craving 4 equal ryts while u knw insyd urself dat it's nt possible. We've been made 2 understand dat women receive less compared 2 men ryt 4rm our primary skul days, if a boy and a girl aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ 2 b punished 4 a bad behaviour, a boy would receive lyk 6 hot lashes of cane while a gal would receive lyk 3 cold lashes. Dis is common sense, stp comparing urselves wit men.
they forget they are the weaker vessels....
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: mondi, u said nt every1 lives by African traditions, please answer diz questions sincerely; when u were growing up, hw many tyms did ur dad make dishes 4u in absence of ur mom A responsible wife shld plan her tym well so as 2 get home earlier dan her husband to prepare sumthing 4u, lyk I said earlier, wot d op is saying is only possible if d husband is idle and stays at home 4 24/7 or earns little salary compared 2 wot his wife earns. D truth is, if d man really has a good job and earn reasonable salary, he'll find sumthing 2 eat b4 he gets home and possibly bring anoda woman home one day as a wife. Stop fooling urself!
my father at 59 still goes to the kitchen to wash his own hands and when he is done he normally rinses his plate. He is feels hungry after coming back from work he take whatever he finds in the fridge microwaves it himself then he eats or he make his own cup of tea and a sandwich then he waits for supper. undecided when the gardener goes for his 2weeks leave during the festive season my sisters and i mower the lawn and water the flowers, we have never neglected it because we left it was a "man's job" i remember beginning of this year my mum and i were admitted in hospital for a week when we got back home my dad cleaned their bedroom until my mum was fit to continue with her "duties". Even my dad came up with the rule that my brother will do his own laundry unless he paid the house help to do it for him.
To answer you, yes i was raised by a man who is not shallow-minded, he gets things done when they have to be done

1 Like

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2013
Enegod: this should be in joke section angry

I agree
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2013
niceeric:
they forget they are the weaker vessels....
still being feeble minded! By weaker vessel it means treat her like something delicate that can easily break up. U cant just throw a glass in a sink the way u would throw a metal plate

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2013
From the topic of this thread, it's obvious the op is one hell of a proud, arrogant, disrespectful person. Imagine "did I beg you to marry me"? like WTF

On behalf of your your husband, I am vexed and regret why he took such a pompous and arrogant woman as a wife.

Tufiakwa!

#Spits on the op's face
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Snoggy(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: my father at 59 still goes to the kitchen to wash his own hands and when he is done he normally rinses his plate. He is feels hungry after coming back from work he take whatever he finds in the fridge microwaves it himself then he eats or he make his own cup of tea and a sandwich then he waits for supper. undecided when the gardener goes for his 2weeks leave during the festive season my sisters and i mower the lawn and water the flowers, we have never neglected it because we left it was a "man's job" i remember beginning of this year my mum and i were admitted in hospital for a week when we got back home my dad cleaned their bedroom until my mum was fit to continue with her "duties". Even my dad came up with the rule that my brother will do his own laundry unless he paid the house help to do it for him
Nice. I love that part. Good planning. That's exactly what I want to OP to do. Cook enough food when you're less busy and store and stop craving for cooking roaster grin
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: still being feeble minded! By weaker vessel it means treat her like something delicate that can easily break up. U cant just throw a glass in a sink the way u would throw a metal plate
this girl is still on my matter?....how else would I make You see that I'm not talking about you or other e-girls when I speak of girls in here?all my comments have been to real girls so please back off ma'am
PS:d weaker vessels answer was to Jide's post and I'm sure he gets it in d context of which his post was constructed..damn!
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: still being feeble minded! By weaker vessel it means treat her like something delicate that can easily break up. U cant just throw a glass in a sink the way u would throw a metal plate
so outta context
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 12, 2013
niceeric:
this girl is still on my matter?....how else would I make You see that I'm not talking about you or other e-girls when I speak of girls in here?all my comments have been to real girls so please back off ma'am
PS:d weaker vessels answer was to Jide's post and I'm sure he gets it in d context of which his post was constructed..damn!
but the contribution u made still sounds like it was made by someone who lacks comprehension of the verse
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2013
mondisweet if you like quote the bible from Gen to revelation, it doesn't change the fact that the op is too arrogant and disrespectful. You can tell from the ops voice. imagine creating a roster between husband and wife. smh

Assisting my wife in the kitchen will not be a problem for me, but making it sound like I must be in the kitchen is what I can't tolerate. I pity her husband. I don't wish her bad, she's barely a month in marriage and from the look of things, she will join the divorce club in no distant time.

I only pity the young man who married an ediot rejoicing he has married a wife...a good thing indeed. mtchwwwww
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by ennon92(m): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2013
mayorall:

You gat four likes already, I can see many ladies who are gonna get divorced after 6 months of marriage.

To help your wife to cook isn't a big deal or new thing but she must not take it as my duty. The Op said roaster for cooking between her and her husband not tired. The lady will stop that job after 3 warnings or she go backs to her father's house and get good home training before coming back
don't mind some of those lazy bones
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2013
shizzle11: mondisweet if you like quote the bible from Gen to revelation, it doesn't change the fact that the op is too arrogant and disrespectful. You can tell from the ops voice. imagine creating a roster between husband and wife. smh

Assisting my wife in the kitchen will not be a problem for me, but making it sound like I must be in the kitchen is what I can't tolerate. I pity her husband. I don't wish her bad, she's barely a month in marriage and from the look of things, she will join the divorce club in no distant time.

Kween1: if you get home b4 me you cook vice versa.
did u care to read that part? undecided
Only a stupid man would divorce a woman because he doesn't want to stand in the kitchen for less than 1hour! Thats what i call being idiotic! Did u not cook for to urself when u become a bachelor?
Who do u know died from cooking because his wife had to work overtime to help him pays bills and buy food?
So u would rather starve until she comes back to cook because u call yourself a man? undecided
Some people only grow physically but i tell u they dont reason any better than a 2year old dyslexic boy
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: but the contribution u made still sounds like it was made by someone who lacks comprehension of the verse
yea yea....ofcourse would AV sounded Like that to u cos u r just an e-girl simple...let me try to go outta my Way to give u an undeserved advice:-though I dont believe this is your real life mindset(I don't know y I don't) but if I'm wrong and it is,then I must tell you the gospel truth-you won't get a stable man with this kinda mindset AND y is it hard to leave me alone as I AV been asking you gan sef??

1 Like

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Snoggy(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2013
shizzle11: mondisweet if you like quote the bible from Gen to revelation, it doesn't change the fact that the op is too arrogant and disrespectful. You can tell from the ops voice. imagine creating a roster between husband and wife. smh

[size=35]I only pity the young man who married an ediot rejoicing he has married a wife...a good thing indeed. mtchwwwww[/size]
LMAO!!!!
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by ennon92(m): 11:44am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: providing for the family is the duty of the head of the house yet she is working to do that to help him so why should cleaning and cooking become the duty of the man too. If u gonna make a woman do half of "ur duty" of paying the bills u better be prepared to do half of "her duties" too
I knw ur type
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by jhidey08(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: my father at 59 still goes to the kitchen to wash his own hands and when he is done he normally rinses his plate. He is feels hungry after coming back from work he take whatever he finds in the fridge microwaves it himself then he eats or he make his own cup of tea and a sandwich then he waits for supper. undecided when the gardener goes for his 2weeks leave during the festive season my sisters and i mower the lawn and water the flowers, we have never neglected it because we left it was a "man's job" i remember beginning of this year my mum and i were admitted in hospital for a week when we got back home my dad cleaned their bedroom until my mum was fit to continue with her "duties". Even my dad came up with the rule that my brother will do his own laundry unless he paid the house help to do it for him
u're jst beating around d bush Mondi, ur dad makes his tea, takes woteva he finds in d fridge, bt he doesn't cook, does he? He 4 no clean d bedroom and wait till u guys come back na. All d excuses u're giving here aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ under abnormal circumstances, I asked u d question under normal circumstances.
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by zeongeon: 11:47am On Dec 12, 2013
I bet out mothers or say marriages of old didn't have issues like this..then women where more virtuous,knew there place in a home, respected there husbands and found a way to deal with any issue that may arise..thus enabling them enjoy there marriage and grow old with there hubby.

But these days the reverse is the case most women have no respect for their husbands and see themselves as equal as the man and would want to subject him to their own will and opinion...

Mondisweet u are not as wise as God who saw it fit to make the man the HEAD and also who suggested that U women should SUBMIT TOTALLY to ur husband..and since some women have decided to go against how God made it to be they have been trouble in marriages..Mondisweet rather than give the poster reasons to make trouble u will b wise to tell her to RESPECT and SUBMIT to her husband and find a positive and better way around the cooking issue

Poster a man gets the house and its ur duty to make that house a home and not a livin hell..Find a positive way to solve ur differences and b d good wife God wants u to B..
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by ennon92(m): 11:50am On Dec 12, 2013
Dannylux:

This is very deep and worthy of emulation. Y'all talking trash about being tired, here is the solution to your nonsensical reasoning. Your husband should learn to cook because he's married to you? Funny. I know a lot of married men who can't cook nothing except noodles and boiled yam.

OP, you're a very lucky person. Your husband seems to be tolerant or should I say weak? You'd be bruised by now if you had married the intolerant type. Mtcheww.

This topic is very disgusting and annoying! angry
lmao@bruised ...orthopedic sef go reject am
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: u're jst beating around d bush Mondi, ur dad makes his tea, takes woteva he finds in d fridge, bt he doesn't cook, does he? He 4 no clean d bedroom and wait till u guys come back na. All d excuses u're giving here Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ under abnormal circumstances, I asked u d question under normal circumstances.
did the OP not say if she he gets home before her and vice versa. She also give specific circumstances
Kween1: if you get home b4 me you cook vice versa.

jhidey08: please answer diz questions sincerely; when u were growing up, hw many tyms did ur dad make dishes 4u in absence of ur mom
is this not what u asked and didnt i respond wth my dad rinses his own plate after eating? undecided
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by addictiv(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2013
She doesn't want to cook for me, no problem. Would love the look on her face whenever she comes home only to discover that I have already had dinner at caro's house.
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by ennon92(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2013
shindarayo: I rily don't know d kind of upbringing dt gurls of modern age are given.am a lady and I knw my responsibilities.I wld neva be too tired to cook for my hubby.u shld xpect such frm ur huby if while growing up ur dad did d same for ur mum wch I doubt.av neva seen a home wre d huby will be cooking while d wife is resting all in d name of been tired frm work.why take a job dt wld take ur strenght.a family shd be d first priority.I stayed wt my inlaws b4 I moved in with my man,and my mother in law even with her class and bn a colonel in d nigerian army wld enta d kitchen and cook for her huby no matter hw late or tired she is she wld neva leave me or d haus maid to do it.same tin wt my mum even wen she is sik she wld still cook for d whole family.its not bn stupid its bn doin wat is ryt and dt is wat has kept our parent in dir matrimonial home dat we children re able to celebrate anniversary.dre is nothing rung in ur guy helping in d kitchen even wen ure not sik,d only prob is making it a point of duty.it wld only ruin ur marriage.oko won lode ooo.dnt let someone who is not tire to snatch ur huby.I kept my man wt my dishes cos d way to a mans hart is tru is stomach.no time for nonsense.*peace*
said it all.
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2013
addictiv: She doesn't want to cook for me, no problem. Would love the look on her face whenever she comes home only to discover that I have already had dinner at caro's house.
she would be sooooo jealous!....and I swear she would av cooked you your Best meal by the time You Get back from work d next day
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by ennon92(m): 11:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: so head of the wife means u both go to work come back just as tired as the other. The man sits and watches tv whilst the woman does everything even though she is tired. This is the mentality of a selfish man! Everyone knws a great leader is not the one who makes demands whilst sitting on his asss! A great leader is one who helps the team to achieve wat needs to be achieved! Don't tell me rubbish here! If u want to the the lazy assshole who expects the woman to do chores because whatever is in between ur legs has stopped u from picking up the pot to cook then u might as well be the only one busitng his asssss off at work while she stays at home and do all the stuff u consider too special to be doing!
u gat no point, just advertising ur foolishness.
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
ennon92: u gat no point, just advertising ur foolishness.
If u are any intelligent, give me instances where u know a man died or become mentally disabled because he cooked supper because he got home before his wife did? Stupidity will kill u

1 Like

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by ennon92(m): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Duke_Nija:

Dont get me wrong. Men help out in the kitchen. My dad does, and i am 100% sure i will too when i am married. But the question here is whose responsibility is it to cook and provide. Women assist financially and in some cases where they earn higher, they do what they can for the family. But it is the statutory role of the man to provide for his family.
I'd implore u not to argue with dat asylum seeker again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Do You Say To Your Partner After Lovemaking? / Kenya Lady Shocks Her Followers As She Livestreamed Herself Having Sex With Man / How A Girl Raped Me And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.