Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Did I Beg You To Marry Me? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Beg You To Marry Me? (9659 Views)

8 Simple Ways To Make Your Girlfriend Beg You For Sexx / 8 Things That Will Make Her Beg You For Sex [adults Only] / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: and the reason for Creating turns to cook will be
dumb dumb!
Isn't working longer hours to make more money a responsibility a woman will have towards her family? undecided

It is still a very lame reason to suggest a roaster.....Very lame

Dhuurr!
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
lertee:
You are not good at argument and you are only trying to twist matter after you have seen the glaring truth.
The OP asked if it is cool to draw a duty roaster with her hubby all because they both work.
The answer is NO,it is not cool. It is only cool for the man to help her out at his own discretion.
[size=18]Now when she said duty roaster,what is the definition for duty roaster[/size]? It means i will do some and he will also do some like division of labor right?
So stop making it look like i wrote that the OP said she wants her hubby to do ALL house chores.

Lertee, I am loving you the more
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: God Bless u jare. Tell her
jhidey I dont think u read That Guy's post right....read again...seems d guy just came in,saw Monde was trending and spewed trash without reading previous posts to understand what is happening ..he must have been as confused as his pronouns
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
shizzle11:

It is still a very lame reason to suggest a roaster.....Very lame

Dhuurr!
Whats insulting and very lame about jointly maintaining your household or cooking for each other. Last time I checked a roaster makes you much more organized. E.g

I call home and tell my husband I'm doing overtime.
He can decide to prepare the easiest and quickest meal he can make for 2 so that when I get home we can eat together I will do the dishes and then maybe we can take a long bath together afterwards and talk about how we spent our day

Or if come back home after him he can just cook whatever he can make e.g. Pasta or boil yam or something
Then I will come back and make a quick and easy stew.

What's wrong with creating a roaster that we will stick to in case I come home late because of a meeting, traffic or working overtimeor he comes home late because he had a meeting or had to work overtime or when he is stuck in trafficundecided
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by niceeric(m): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
someone needs to tell mondesweets(means everybody is sweet though) that she is Fighting a lost battle naw....abi NA her law school assignment she dey do ni?trying to turn a wrong statement right lol
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: Thank u 4 expatiating dis tin 4 dis Mondisweets, is lyk she has problems in understanding simple language, and guess wot... She is in law skul! Funny

lol....I see

Most female lawyers normally carry this air of 'toughness' and 'I no go agree attitude' on their shoulder even when they aren't making sense.....
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by jhidey08(m): 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: why is is really eating you up that I'm in law school undecided undecided undecided
dis comment will only touch me if only I'm nt studying my course of choice, and I'm a proudly ABUSITE! Naturally ahead of u. tongue
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by ennon92(m): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
@mondesweet, Stop arguing blindly. It can't help u
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by addictiv(m): 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Marriage isnt by force. But if you have accepted to marry someone, also accept the duties n obligations that come with it. If you draw up roaster for cooking just pray that he is patient enough to reason with you. I would just draw up roaster for you. Which ll include servicing of cars, house rent, picking kids from sch., servicing of gen. Replacing damaged installments, DSTV subscription Then we ll cobtribute 50. 50 to buy every single item even if its 20 naira. since she wants equality , I ll show her equality. Everything go be turn by turn, no cheating. We ll see who ll get tired. If he is the impatient type, he ll just send you packing. Go to your fathers house n draw roaster.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by GoodFaith: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: Whats insulting and very lame about jointly maintaining your household or cooking for each other. Last time I checked a roaster makes you much more organized. E.g

He can decide to prepare the easiest and quickest meal he can make for 2 so that when I get home we can eat together I will do the dishes and then maybe we can take a long bath together afterwards and talk about how we spent our day

Or if come back home after him he can just cook whatever he can make e.g. Pasta or boil yam or something

What's wrong with creating a roaster that we will stick to in case I come home late because of a meeting, traffic or working overtimeor he comes home late because he had a meeting or had to work overtime or when he is stuck in trafficundecided

Like I said before
Please go get your 15 cats
You don't need a man, so get a dog to help your lick your p
Have a good life
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
ennon92: @mondesweet, Stop arguing blindly. It can't help u
if it arguing blindly why has the same thing been working for my parents for the past 30years?
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by GoodFaith: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
addictiv: Marriage isnt by force. But if you have accepted to marry someone, also accept the duties n obligations that come with it. If you draw up roaster for cooking just pray that he is patient enough to reason with you. I would just draw up roaster for you. Which ll include servicing of cars, house rent, picking kids from sch., servicing of gen. Replacing damaged installments, DSTV subscription Then we ll cobtribute 50. 50 to buy every single item even if its 20 naira. since she wants equality , I ll show her equality. Everything go be turn by turn, no cheating. We ll see who ll get tired. If he is the impatient type, he ll just send you packing. Go to your fathers house n draw roaster.
Dude you are a kind man
I will put her out if no kids
She need to go back to her parents house to get "home training" like we said in Nigeria
It is not about woman contribution to the house
Men need to help
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by GoodFaith: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: if it arguing blindly why has the same thing been working for my parents for the past 30years?
That is your parents
Other people have different values and culture
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Again no on can say what's degrading or lame about creating a roaster both spouses will agree to and abide by
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by imsuboi(m): 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: Again no on can say what's degrading or lame about creating a roaster both spouses will agree to and abide by

so 'cos of our little misunderstanding on this thread, you unfollowed me undecided

Talk about being immature & childish
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: Whats insulting and very lame about jointly maintaining your household or cooking for each other. Last time I checked a roaster makes you much more organized. E.g

Yes a roaster will be handy if she prepares it for herself and not between her and her hubby. I insist, it is insulting, disrespectful and undermines the position of the man in the home.

Again I repeat, I can prepare food for me and wife in her absence without any fuse and it won't cost me a thing. It just has to do with using my discretion and the understanding btw us.

Just look at the topic of this thread "did I beg you to marry me." Dafuq? The op readily comes to mind as someone who is very arrogant and rude. She obviously lacks the tact and diplomacy to handle delicate family matters such as this.

With a little more tact and subtleness, she would have persuaded her husband into reasoning with her and won him over. But NO! Instead, she opens a thread with a silly rhetoric. Common! Which sensible girl does that.

A clever and smarter girl would have handled this issue discreetly and quietly without seeking advice even from her closest of friends
angry

1 Like

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
addictiv: Marriage isnt by force. But if you have accepted to marry someone, also accept the duties n obligations that come with it. If you draw up roaster for cooking just pray that he is patient enough to reason with you. I would just draw up roaster for you. Which ll include servicing of cars, house rent, picking kids from sch., servicing of gen. Replacing damaged installments, DSTV subscription Then we ll cobtribute 50. 50 to buy every single item even if its 20 naira. since she wants equality , I ll show her equality. Everything go be turn by turn, no cheating. We ll see who ll get tired. If he is the impatient type, he ll just send you packing. Go to your fathers house n draw roaster.

my parents jointly own a farm together the equipment used on that farm they bought it together, from the irrigation system, tractors and the other farming equipment used on the farm. They both take turns to oversee the farm and paying the workers.
My parents jointly pay my fees, my dad takes care of the allowance and my mum takes care of the flight fares. My dad is responsible for servicing the cars and putting fuel in them and my mum is responsible for insurance payments.
My dad taught all of us ( the girls) how to change a flat tyre and how to connect and disconnect a car battery. He taught me how to use a lawn mower. I never objected to it or call it a man's duty.
My dad was the one who taught me how to make okra soup and pudding properly.
My dad normally buys the essentials such as oil, soap, sugar while my mum buys the things that perish quicker you vegetables etc.
That's wat I call partnership, a healthy marriage. So what wrong with equality again? undecided
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: Again no on can say what's degrading or lame about creating a roaster both spouses will agree to and abide by

Everything is wrong about creating a roaster. EVERYTHING!
Read my post that preceded this
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
imsu.boi:

so 'cos of our little misunderstanding on this thread, you unfollowed me undecided

will it stop you from sleeping peacefully tonight? undecided
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by fweshyboi(m): 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2013

Hey sis le me tell you something you don't understand... No matter the company, firm or association you working with.. They hardly give a married woman overtime work to do.. And I said this before.. As a woman.. You should know how to schedule your timing that it won't affect your mariage!!! Even if you are used to work overtime before marriage, you simply have to let them know you married now and you got other things to take care of.. And about she contributing finacially to the family. I think a man should be ready enough to take care of is his family finacess before burging into marriage and he does not have to rely on his wife income no matter how much he earns or the amount she earns.. But quote me well.. That does not mean he should not assist her anytime he is off duty or came back home early from work/office.. But it should not be a mandatory for him.. It should be voluntary..
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets:
my parents jointly own a farm together the equipment used on that farm they bought it together, from the irrigation system, tractors and the other farming equipment used on the farm. They both take turns to oversee the farm and paying the workers.
My parents jointly pay my fees, my dad takes care of the allowance and my mum takes care of the flight fares. My dad is responsible for servicing the cars and putting fuel in them and my mum is responsible for insurance payments.
My dad taught all of us ( the girls) how to change a flat tyre and how to connect and disconnect a car battery. He taught me how to use a lawn mower. I never objected to it or call it a man's duty.
My dad was the one who taught me how to make okra soup and pudding properly.
My dad normally buys the essentials such as oil, soap, sugar while my mum buys the things that perish quicker you vegetables etc.
That's wat I call partnership, a healthy marriage. So what wrong with equality again? undecided

Nothing is wrong with a marriage where both spouses help out and compliment each other in the home. But how you go about seeking that 'equality' matters a lot.

Good to know your parents are living a very compatible life and even imbibed most of them on their kids. But i am sure your mum didnt arrive at that equality by carrying an air of arrogance and rudeness like she did your dad some favour by marrying him
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
shizzle11:

Everything is wrong about creating a roaster. EVERYTHING!
Read my post that preceded this
so if u have a wife and she calls you to tell u she will be coming home late (say after 9pm) because her department has a deadline to meet before the auditors come in ( you dont have a house help) and you are already at home, what would you do?
Starve yourself because you believe u are too sexy to me standing in a kitchen cooking or would u just cook whatever you can make and eat on time?
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
shizzle11:

Nothing is wrong with a marriage where both spouses help out and compliment each other in the home. But how you go about seeking that 'equality' matters a lot.
you simply discuss and agree on who does what and when it will be done...pretty much like a roaster undecided
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: you simply discuss and agree on who does what and when it will be done...pretty much like a roaster undecided
No!

Talking about it is more civil like a peaceful dialogue. A roaster from my understanding has to be written and pasted somewhere.... more like a military decree angry

Mondisweets: so if u have a wife and she calls you to tell u she will be coming home late (say after 9pm) because her department has a deadline to meet before the auditors come in ( you dont have a house help) and you are already at home, what would you do?
[s]Starve yourself because you believe u are too sexy to me standing in a kitchen cooking[/s]or would u just cook whatever you can make and eat on time?

Mondicheek for the umpteenth time.... I can cook and will not wait for my wife. I'll gladly prepare a meal for two.
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
imsu.boi:

gringrin
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by shizzle11(m): 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: dis comment will only touch me if only I'm nt studying my course of choice, and I'm a proudly ABUSITE! Naturally ahead of u. tongue

My alma meter grin

1 Like

Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
shizzle11:
No!

Talking about it is more civil like a peaceful dialogue. A roaster from my understanding has to be written and pasted somewhere.... more like a military decree angry
Mondicheek for the umpteenth time.... I can cook and will not wait for my wife. I'll gladly prepare a meal for two.
you are the one with the wrong mentally, a roaster can serve for the purposes of reminding someone on what still needs to be done, why look at it like a military decree? So u are telling me you would do it but the problem is putting it in ink on a piece of paper? undecided but either way with or without the paper is the job still not being done?
So because of piece of paper you will cause hell to break loose? grin
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
jhidey08: dis comment will only touch me if only I'm nt studying my course of choice, and I'm a proudly ABUSITE! Naturally ahead of u. tongue
I doubt yahoo yahoo is a course legally recognized tongue
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by imsuboi(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: will it stop you from sleeping peacefully tonight? undecided

Nope..

Just trying to point out that was childish of you undecided
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
imsu.boi:

Nope..

Just trying to point out that was childish of you undecided
bite me undecided
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by addictiv(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pls give us ur definition of a roaster cos if its the same as a chart prepared by madam jonah dictating that Oga Jonah prepares egusi soup on monday then Madam jonah cooks beans on tuesday. On Wednesday madam jonah reminds oga jonah that it is his turn to prepare jellof rice and he jumps from his solfa to go boil rice.......then Oga jonah is finished for life. Infact na inside handbag him manhood de.
Re: Did I Beg You To Marry Me? by imsuboi(m): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mondisweets: bite me undecided

why? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OMG!!! See What This Runz Girl Is Doing With Longest DICK Statue / Nigerian Woman Spotted Bathing Her Husband In A Stream (Photos) / Yoruba Lady Went Out With Man & Came Back With Pain In Her Tootoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.