Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative (47533 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Muazu Says Letter Giving EFCC Order To Go After Tinubu, Atiku, nd others is fake / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ocelot2006(m): 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
diamondboa:

Am really disstabilize with your submission. I now see that it will take Nigeria a long way to truly get to the promise land if we still have people like you around . That mean you are also in support of all the corrupt deals in GEJ administration.

And what do you find wrong with my submission? That I support a president whose administration has turned our economy for the better, is very serious about tackling the rot in our civil infrastructure (transport, etc), has boosted agricultural output and diversified our economy, and is keen on resolving the security issues up north? Or maybe you dont like that support same president who exposed the rot in the system and has declared a strong stance against corruption (fuel subsidy scam, pension scam, etc), and one that has ensured free and fair elections till date.

Please state your reservations and back it up with verifiable facts. But as for me, I will continue to support the GEJ administration cos of his good works. He's definitely not perfect (who is? not even you), he is quiet and humble, yet he is a performer compared to most of his predecessors, OBJ inclusive.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by antifat(m): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Jman06: Obasanjo is one person that should shut his mouth when people are talking about fight against corruption. This is because he is corruption personified! He is one of the past dictators that bred and nurtured corruption in nigeria. Somebody who should be in jail for so many atrocities he commited during his regimes is today parading himself as anti corruption.Smh.

No one is saint bro let's appreciate this write up even if it's not from a clean source
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ocelot2006(m): 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
[quote author=kulumo][/quote]

Blah blah freaking blah grin

You know, folks like you make me laugh. You're the kind that sit at home, talk trash and whine about the FG after swallowing trash from the web hook line and sinker without travelling past the boundary of Agege or at least even bother to verify such claims. Oh no, it's too much work. As long as so and so said so, it can never be wrong. And I'm pretty sure youre the type that stay at your daddy's home waiting for the FG to basically spoonfeed you, while the likes of me have seen multiple opportunities with the nation's economy and a booming middleclass population with their increased purchasing power, and trying our utmost best to take advantage of it. Stay there oh.

I dont know about you dude, but the only thing coming to me is God's favour (and a tonne of hard earned money grin of course). But hey, stay at home and whine.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by kulumo: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
ocelot2006:

Oh please spare us the trash talk! You have no argument here at all! You talk about the paltry 3hrs of light you enjoy per day. Here in Uyo (Ewet Housing, estate) it has increased from 2-4hrs of half-current power supply to 6hrs solid supply. In PHC where I also own a home [Ada George], everyone is struggling to cutover from the state distribution lines to Federal cos those of the later enjoy waaay more hrs of power supply its not funny. And in Taraba where I worked, I enjoyed SOLID 22-24hrs CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY. Things are not perfect, but there's been remarkable improvements thanks to the good works of Team GEJ. More power stations have been commissioned and more are still being built, and our transmission and distribution systems have been repaired and expanded on. Shouldnt GEJ be commended for that?

And yes we still have a lot of issues with crude oil theft. When I visted a friend working with DPR, he did mention that close to 40% of produced crude's been stolen. As a person who sells petroleum products (PMS, AGO, DPK, and lubes), I know that one of the consequences of this (apart of loss of revenue for the country and coys, and environmental pollutions due to oil spills from the sabotage works of these thieves) is the proliferation of illegal refineries and the flooding of the market with poor quality AGO (diesel) product that has lead to the damage of diesel engines across the country and a drop in sales. Every station owner know that it took MONTHS to sell off a single tank of AGO due to poor sales.

BUT GEJ changed all that. Under his watch, the JTF has raided and shut down tens of illegal refineries, taking a huge quantity of poorly refined diesel off the market, thus restoring the cibfidence of buyers. Now sales have picked up. Under the same watch of GEJ, the Nigerian has acquired additional platforms and have stepped up patrols against illegal bunkering and piracy. They equally have an impressive awareness program against the former (COT).

As for the security issues, we all know that the problem of kidnapping was effectively dealt with particularly in the SE region by the GEJ admin when the president authorized the transfrr of MAj. Gen. Bello (current Counter-Terror Adviser, Office of the NSA) to serve as the GOC 82 Div, Enugu. As for the Boko Haram problem we face in the NE, yes the President wobbled initially cos the nation has never faced such problem before. But thanks to his leadership, the Armed Forces, Police Force, and Intelligence Agencies have been well funded and totally transformed to truely professional services. The Army in particularly is no longer just a usual conventional force, but a true COIN and Counter Terror Force. We'rr not out of the woods yet, but we will get there.

As for other sectors, I believe a number of us have spoken on that substantially, but I will advise that you travel beyond the boundaries of Lagos and go see for yourself the works of your president.
it very obvious individuals like you are benefiting from this looming corruption. Maybe you have gotten some contract from this regime but that should not kill the truth. Based on my own assertion, I have come to the conclusion that the highest form of corruption in Nigeria is the citizenry who sees and fells the impacts of corruptions but has refuse to do something about it . Can 2 million Nigerian share your submission that things are improving and GEJ is performing? Can millions of Nigerian students at home see the improvement you are talking About? Can the spirits of those killed is the BH violence say the same? Was the nation like this under shagari, shonekan, OBJ, buhari, babangida and even the much dreaded abacha? Which of these leaders allowed terrorists to take over the security palance. How many Nigerian has been employed in the job GEJ created or how many has lost their jobs since he came in? Just in case you don't know, I know many who use to be employed but are now jobless. The private sector has seriously suffered and now the country is broke. Believe it or not. If things continues, those houses you mentioned in Ada George and the work you think you have security in, will soon be vaporised because you have something bigger comming at you. We must all rise up and kill this common enemy called corruption.
Just in case you don't know, you and I might be talking based on mere insinuations and generalizations, but when you hear people who are in the system talking; like sanusi, tanbuwa, obj etc, then better know they have facts and they know what they are saying. You might just be eating the destiny and future of your children with the jobs and contracts you are probably sharing with GEJ. For all I know, Nigeria is like 20years backward now than under any past Nigerian leader.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by antifat(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Jman06: Obasanjo is one person that should shut his mouth when people are talking about fight against corruption. This is because he is corruption personified! He is one of the past dictators that bred and nurtured corruption in nigeria. Somebody who should be in jail for so many atrocities he commited during his regimes is today parading himself as anti corruption.Smh.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by jobgetter(m): 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
GEJ is the Mandela of Nigeria Abi oya do one tenure make u go.Goodluck!CLICK LIKE AND SHARE IF U AGREE

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by citizenY(m): 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
fagin1982:

God bless this writer ....OLUSEGUN. AREMU. MATTHEW OBASANJO is a huge failure

source??

get the Message , forget the messenger
... are the contents a true reflection of things , if not defend the allegations

Honestly, if I was GEJ, I will open the floodgate.... spill the beans, let everybody roast... all skeletons, buried and in the cupboards should be revealed from 1960 to 2/12/2013, the day OBJ wrote this letter. LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG

ALL THE REPORTS THAT HAVE BEEN SUPPRESSED BRING THEM OUT...

LET US KNOW THE ATROCITIES COMMITED BY EVERYBODY.

THAT WAY HE CANNOT BE BLACKMAILED.

HE SHOULD NOT DO ANY SME SME

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by osystein(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
OBJ = GEJ, this is all meant to fool the public, all these ogas get along quite well with each other.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by josite: 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
jonathan is indeed a very lucky minnow he has being given his end of term report for him to work on but already he has again missed the opportunity by attacking obasanjo.obj is not a saint but he sure got his information right .JONATHAN should deeply reflect as he is gradually going into history as the most clueless Nigerian head of state.
1.he needs effect a general review of his aides and cabinet most of whom are simply useless except the minister of agric who is not only inspiring but effective as well.
2,he must now accept he will not come back in 2015 and now fight for a place in the positive side of Nigeria's history;

3.he must read the book the 48 laws of power and he must never again be seen smiling around and playing with tainted persons as he was doing during the otedola saga.
4.let him accept he doesn't have the gift of elocution and therefore engages the service of speechwriters. His speeches are so watery,so lifeless, so untrue and so pedestrian. Imagine him saying im not mandela,im not this,im not that. A presidential speech should be a reference point for future Nigerians .
5.diezxani,oduah and okonjo iwealla and all these kind of ministers should be honorably exited.
6.all his troubles with pdp will stop if he accepts now that he is not worthy of coming back to aso rock after 2015.jonathan's does not have the kind of brain that has the capacity to address Nigeria's complex society.TO my mind he barely has what it takes to successfully run a primary school.
7.He doesn't need to be good at most things ,he only needs to get the best hands in the right places and as obj pointed out the credit will still go to him because the buck stops at his table.
8.he must change his minister of justice but before he appoints a no nonsense person as a justice minister he must first of all clean his own wardrobes because as things are many Nigerians knows he has a good reason for being soft on corruption.nigerians readily remembers why yaradua hurriedly declares his assets to be worth N800MILLION NAIRA,jonathan refuse as vp to declare his.

9.the most honest decision for him to make is to resign if for nothing because too much blood has been shed and he has not been able to compensate Nigerians for the losses already suffered .

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by tommychizzle(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
Obasanjo has no moral right to criticise Jonathan even though things are bad with this government. He should keep quiet and allow people with integrity to talk.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Dee60: 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
tommychizzle: Obasanjo has no moral right to criticise Jonathan even though things are bad with this government. He should keep quiet and allow people with integrity to talk.

The problem is that no one is talking. Wise men keep quiet when it looks like they are talking to thin air. Has Abdusalam Abubakar not spoken a while ago that the 'ship of state is going seriously adrift'? When he spoke, did anyone cheer? Did you read that OBJ claims his private appeals in the last 2 years were not even acknowledged? Have you seen any serious person around the corridors of power lately, apart from those funny aides?

Is Sanusi a liar? Do you think an economist of his repute will open his mouth to scream that almost 50 billion dollars is missing? We hear nothing from the centre these days apart from the abuses of those 2 aides (you know them)!

I am praying that the eyes of our President will open before his modern day aides and friends destroy his career. When a man goes off tangent, he starts to see his enemies as friends and his friends as enemies.

I am not a huge fan of OBJ, but reading the piece he wrote, I doubt if he should have kept quiet in the face of this growing tyranny and lootocracy.

I will not be surprised if another word appears in the English dictionary likening Nigeria to corruption. May God save us.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by superstar1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lootocracy/corruptocracy ---- govt of the looters, for the looters by the looters.

Synonym -- GEJ's Administration

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by meforyou1(m): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Obasanjo is not serious. This same general that came out from prison, engineered by IBB, with N30,000 but left with unknown amount running into trillions. Former millitary head of state, yet he served 2 terms and sought 3rd term bribing national assembly members 50M each in senate and 30M each for house members. Yet d speaker then described the ambition "dead on arrival". Igbo hater that murdered millions of innocent and defenceless igbos in cold blood during d civil war. Does he think we have short memory? GEJ is constitutionally allowed to run for 2nd term and will do and will win. QED

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by 1009ja: 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
Of all the past presidents and the present CIC (Corruption-In-Chief) Jonathan, only Muhammadu Buhari and Shehu Shagari can semi-honestly look us in the eyes and utter a word about fighting corruption. OBJ knows better. The bad thing is that Buhari can't be president in the present day Nigeria. He is feared by all the corrupt politicians who know where he would put them once he is president. He has not done himself a favour. He is too north-o-centric for the present day Nigeria. Buhari - the corruption fighting president we will never have.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by kingsleyejims(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Most likely,this letter is for the love of the country from an elder stateman,but baba should understand that Nigeria's corruption didnt start today. His administration also contributed largely. If i were to be Goodluck, i'll take this piece as constructive first and foremost;secondly, i'll reply him directly-with no media involved, and make baba understand deeply that he downrated my office as president. I see this letter leakage as an abracadabra of a ploy to be viewed as madiba of our time!...I rep OBJ but i dislike this whole media(leakage) thing...#ilovemycountry.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by uhuru14(m): 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
OBJ has no moral ground to paint the picture of misgovernance he painted,knowing his antecedents while in office but the issues he raised in the 18-page letter are critical issues to our national existence. For posterity sake and nation building, it shouldn't be waved off as merely "political", "provocative", and "malicious". Classifying this last minute resort by OBJ to such ridiculous terms is demeaning to the underlining factors in the said letter and our national growth. I have a towering reverence for the office of the presidency irrespective of who is occupying the office not just as a civic duty but as a religious obligation. Leaders are ordained by God. But that doesn't mean that leaders shouldn't be checkmated through criticisms. Objective criticisms and not praise singing is part of the duties we owe †✆ our leaders. Without the opposition and discents we fear so much in this country our fledging democracy will be dead. Truth be told! It's an underlining factor in our constitution-freedom of speech; every speech, writeup, made or written agianst the government shouldn't be construed as merely "political", particularly when these criticisms are objective and nationalistic in all intents and purposes. Let's see beyond "politics" in this 18-page letter and pick some key factors and issues to address sincerely and nationally from it; besides experience is the best teacher always and the purported letter is written by an experienced leader who failed during his own time.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by willibounce: 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
qtx:

Did OBJ write this one against GEJ himself?

Of course u and I know OBJ would not leave such letter to any spokesperson to write. He will write such himself and send it for typing/proof reading. Gej on the other hand cannot do tht. His mental capacity is below average.

U can imagine a man who chose to have a presidential debate on his own without other presidential aspirants present. A president tht wants to see interview questions b4 going for one.
Please jst show us one sane person tht jona taught while he was a lecturer, or are they all dead?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Obiagu1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Where is Ijaw-Citizen on his likes?

Are they waiting for the next SE/SS thread?

LMAO!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Kodak2000: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
FFK...HIT IT FIRST WITH HIS DAUGHTERS. OBJ MOLEST HIS SON WIFE.
FFK DEMON DOG MOLESTER OF HIS OWN DAUGHTERS.
YERIMA BETTER PASS YOU. HE NO MOLEST HIS OWN CHILD.
FFK DEMON DOG MOLESTER OF OWN DAUGHTERS DIE. TODAY. DIE

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by tkpoint2(m): 11:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hmnn, a pot calling a kettle black! kiss
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Kaydem(m): 12:32am On Dec 13, 2013
i think Mr President has gotten alot of autoresponder Megaphones lately, whose sole purpose is to trade word with anyone revealing the stain on their paymaster apparel...it is a proven fact that Corruption dine and wine in this current admin i think my oga @ the top is just too shy to admit it!....Which way NIGERIA??
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ChiefAdams: 3:35am On Dec 13, 2013
GEj is a disgrace to this Nation. Imagine all the accusations pouring in on him from different quarters in the past few days all questioning his integrity as a aleader. Now Obasanjo's bombshell on him. yet the only wrap up response GEJ could give via is adviser is “baseless and indecorous.”!!!
Well, the truth needs be told, not only has GEJ been such a useless and clueless leader, but his non - challant and wasteful attitude calls for urgent actions.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by dotcomnamename: 4:34am On Dec 13, 2013
ceo4eva: [b] Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him. Anyway, GEJ "doesn't give a damn"
I still strongly believe that this
Jonathan's Administration
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.[/b]

In as much as I do not in any way support corruption no matter who is involved but it's outrageously worrisome to read such a long sermon from one of the most corrupt human on earth. His letter is despotic, despicable as well as a product of an unholy alliance of baba Iyabo with vested interests. It is outlandishly geared at buying the sensibilities of the gullible and credulous minds in believing that the monster has any aorta of regard for the common man on the street. Mr Obasanjo has aptly no moral judgement to advice GEJ who is 1000 miles better than him.

How ObJ has become a crusader of corruption? Yes some of what he embellished are not far from the present administration manned by GEJ but OBJ lack the moral stand to write such letter. Those who come to equity must come with clean hands. I can't agree any more to the ranting of OBJ. Yes there's corruption in the present government but GEJ has not been in any way directly involved in the scandals, but during the sermon preachers' era, he was fully involved directly to high level corruption and bleeding of the country. How soon can we forget the Halliburton scandal, the power integrated project scandal, the Siemens scandal etc. These are multi billion dollars high-level international scandals. Most of the antecedents of OBJ are really glaring and mind blowing. Nigeria did not bleed when Obasanjo Farms broke world records by rising from a mediocrity to a company grossing 200, 000 USD (30 million naira) daily within 8 years of Obasanjo's administration. Nigeria did not bleed when 2.5 billion USD (365 billion naira) went down the drain unaccounted for in the name of road construction.

I’ll not delve into COJA games or the countless billions drizzled by Obasanjo's administration into our refineries that never worked. No one was either arrested or queried till date. No, Baba Iyabo forgot so soon of his 3rd term agenda, oh really we’d love him so much to make him a life president. Obasanjo should start with recompense in other to stop the bleeding that he is so apprehensive. Oh, where is my glasses, I can't read it clear any more. Did I hear OBJ mention of using military might to the deal with BH? How soon can we forget Odi and Zakibiam massacre? How many plane crashes did we experience during the 8 years brutal manning of Aso Rock by the now crusader of a good governance? How soon the lives of an average citizen become so important to Obasanjo? How Baba Iyabo has become a saint as he painted himself? Going by ObJ’s antecedents, he has no moral right to advice GEJ that Nigeria is bleeding, knowing that he is the architect of the present woes and he contributed incalculably in giving Nigeria the cut that led to the bleeding. The letter coming on the euphoria of Mandela's death is designed to making people see him as a saint.

I blame GEJ for not biting fingers to make name for himself. In a sane country OBJ, Atiku, IBB, and Abdulsalami would have been languishing in kirikiri maximum prison. Huh, did I hear him mention ethnic favoritism? During the era of Obasanjo, I can’t remember him going to East to commission any federal government project. OBJ hated Easterners right from beginning. Oh, I forgot he’s playing the card of his partners in crime. He is crying wolf because he has seized to be relevant. Goodluck remains a Saint compared to baba Iyabo. I am only angry, because Goodluck himself is not the problem but the cabals that surrounds him. He meant everything good this could also be seen from his body language. GEJ is a total gentle man but his gentility will mean nothing if he doesn't weed out those criminals around him. There is still time for him, that’s if the name “Niger Area” still exists by 2015 and I doubt. The national conference which he has proposed is the best decision but baba corruption himself flawed this great idea in his 18 paged letter so that they will continue stealing our wealth in the name of Federal Republic of “Niger Area”. OBJ is crying because it’s crystal clear he may lose his oil wells from the East if the best (they would call it ‘worst’) happens.

They are scrambling for relevance, the hostage is long overdue. The wealth from SE/SS is only what is keeping “Niger Area” one, as can be seen from the ranting of Mr. Obasanjo. How has Baba Iyabo become a moral crusader? A man in his seventies was accused of sleeping with his daughter in-law which may not be far from reality. Huh, a man that was freed from prison by his accomplice with a worth of N20k but now own the highest and largest farm in Africa, a major stake holder of Oando, Transcorp etc. Huh, Baba Iyabo how time flies?... Let me prepare my dinner, I shall be back.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 13, 2013
Now I do Have sense but I don't think Your Father and Mother Has sense. Are u blind or are u deaf to notice that Nothing is right. Well I don't Blame you. Your life is being ruled by abject poverty and u are used to it. Go and do urself in.

theoctopus:

If you have any sense, then you will know that the power problem you complained about is OBJ's making, not GEJ's. GEJ has now corrected it and the effects of GEJ's work cannot be felt this year but in some months from now, you will begin to see the effects of his work just like you are seeing the effects of OBJ's failure now. The companies have just taking over. Are you expecting they will fix everything within these few weeks they have taken over? You are not serious

Please how many jobs where there 5 years ago or 10 years ago? Your fake propaganda has failed already. OBJ is a failure and he should stop insulting us with his fake anti corruption stance
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Ipheyemmy01(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2013
ceo4eva: [b] Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him. Anyway, GEJ "doesn't give a damn"
I still strongly believe that this
Jonathan's Administration
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.[/b]
541st to like. Bro hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by MMM3JakeVenom: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2013
He who has no sin should cast a deadly stone on a gentle, receptive and tolerating harlot.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by chidinwachukwu(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2013
I don't kno why Nigerians are so naive and blind not to see that the main and the only reason the Yorubas are Attacking, jonathan is because the were not giving any Key political Office in jonathans gov e.g President,Vice president,Senate President,Deputy senate president,Speaker,Deputy speaker.And the reason For their Partner s in the North is because the Feel,The South Cheated them by taken ruling for 13yrs now which was morethan the sopposed agreed 8yrs per zone,So it will be Over their Dead body for South to add another 4yr.

So the Northern Politicials and the Yorba Politician Forms Alliance on this griviance which is( APC).The Aim of the Yorubas is to remove PDP who the think removed them from any key Position and then Put a Northener as President who will Bring them back into Power.
Do not be Deceived by all their rantings about Corruption,their primary aim is what I stated above.and again Their is no Yoruba or Core Nothern Politiacian whether in PDP or not who will not say something bad about jonathan Its just a game plan.More Yorba and Nothern Politicians will come out to say more.Its just normal

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Afroconnect: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2013
I think Obasanjo was a far more better President.
During his time people were embarrassed for being corrupt...our country had more respect and our terrirtorial integrity was better preserved.
I wonder where Abati got his deductions from that millions of Nigerians think otherwise.
These days everyone steals the Nation's wealth mindlessly and no one has been punished so far...and indeed Nigeria is on the brink,look around and see the amount of disillusioned youths.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by amaechijay: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2013
oh my God I just fell in love with you, Can I come and cook for you, you write so well. Nwanem e di okay....God blesss you for speaking the truth and nothing but the truth.
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

In as much as I do not in any way support corruption no matter who is involved but it's outrageously worrisome to read such a long sermon from one of the most corrupt human on earth. His letter is despotic, despicable as well as a product of an unholy alliance of baba Iyabo with vested interests. It is outlandishly geared at buying the sensibilities of the gullible and credulous minds in believing that the monster has any aorta of regard for the common man on the street. Mr Obasanjo has aptly no moral judgement to advice GEJ who is 1000 miles better than him.

How ObJ has become a crusader of corruption? Yes some of what he embellished are not far from the present administration manned by GEJ but OBJ lack the moral stand to write such letter. Those who come to equity must come with clean hands. I can't agree any more to the ranting of OBJ. Yes there's corruption in the present government but GEJ has not been in any way directly involved in the scandals, but during the sermon preachers' era, he was fully involved directly to high level corruption and bleeding of the country. How soon can we forget the Halliburton scandal, the power integrated project scandal, the Siemens scandal etc. These are multi billion dollars high-level international scandals. Most of the antecedents of OBJ are really glaring and mind blowing. Nigeria did not bleed when Obasanjo Farms broke world records by rising from a mediocrity to a company grossing 200, 000 USD (30 million naira) daily within 8 years of Obasanjo's administration. Nigeria did not bleed when 2.5 billion USD (365 billion naira) went down the drain unaccounted for in the name of road construction.

I’ll not delve into COJA games or the countless billions drizzled by Obasanjo's administration into our refineries that never worked. No one was either arrested or queried till date. No, Baba Iyabo forgot so soon of his 3rd term agenda, oh really we’d love him so much to make him a life president. Obasanjo should start with recompense in other to stop the bleeding that he is so apprehensive. Oh, where is my glasses, I can't read it clear any more. Did I hear OBJ mention of using military might to the deal with BH? How soon can we forget Odi and Zakibiam massacre? How many plane crashes did we experience during the 8 years brutal manning of Aso Rock by the now crusader of a good governance? How soon the lives of an average citizen become so important to Obasanjo? How Baba Iyabo has become a saint as he painted himself? Going by ObJ’s antecedents, he has no moral right to advice GEJ that Nigeria is bleeding, knowing that he is the architect of the present woes and he contributed incalculably in giving Nigeria the cut that led to the bleeding. The letter coming on the euphoria of Mandela's death is designed to making people see him as a saint.

I blame GEJ for not biting fingers to make name for himself. In a sane country OBJ, Atiku, IBB, and Abdulsalami would have been languishing in kirikiri maximum prison. Huh, did I hear him mention ethnic favoritism? During the era of Obasanjo, I can’t remember him going to East to commission any federal government project. OBJ hated Easterners right from beginning. Oh, I forgot he’s playing the card of his partners in crime. He is crying wolf because he has seized to be relevant. Goodluck remains a Saint compared to baba Iyabo. I am only angry, because Goodluck himself is not the problem but the cabals that surrounds him. He meant everything good this could also be seen from his body language. GEJ is a total gentle man but his gentility will mean nothing if he doesn't weed out those criminals around him. There is still time for him, that’s if the name “Niger Area” still exists by 2015 and I doubt. The national conference which he has proposed is the best decision but baba corruption himself flawed this great idea in his 18 paged letter so that they will continue stealing our wealth in the name of Federal Republic of “Niger Area”. OBJ is crying because it’s crystal clear he may lose his oil wells from the East if the best (they would call it ‘worst’) happens.

They are scrambling for relevance, the hostage is long overdue. The wealth from SE/SS is only what is keeping “Niger Area” one, as can be seen from the ranting of Mr. Obasanjo. How has Baba Iyabo become a moral crusader? A man in his seventies was accused of sleeping with his daughter in-law which may not be far from reality. Huh, a man that was freed from prison by his accomplice with a worth of N20k but now own the highest and largest farm in Africa, a major stake holder of Oando, Transcorp etc. Huh, Baba Iyabo how time flies?... Let me prepare my dinner, I shall be back.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by amaechijay: 11:27am On Dec 13, 2013

Bros ...thanks for digging up these facts. Hope you are through with your dinner. Do come back. I am waiting for more...

Foolish old man angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Rexyl(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2013
All these things happening show shame on our leaders. They are stating it clearer now that, by their actions and expectations this country is owned by certain category of people. They just need your reactions on things bordering them. You people are being expected to knock your heads on complex issues against their expectations, perhaps from your hot arguments they will know what is left for them to share. With the extent corruption has eaten deep to their fabrics the blind can't lead the blind

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni Leads Yoruba Monarchs To Welcome Tinubu To Ibadan / I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio / A Chadian Soldier Wears Charms For Protection Against Boko Haram Militants (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.