Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative (47575 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Muazu Says Letter Giving EFCC Order To Go After Tinubu, Atiku, nd others is fake / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by israel007: 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
We all know obasanjo is after selfish interest

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by teejan: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
@ilugun boy more power to your elbow, we must continue to speak against deceit until we get there.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
israel007: I know obasanjo is after selfish interest

Fixed.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by oldenglish: 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Ignore the troll...you will only help him to derail the thread further.....nobody in his tribe can confront frontally a sitting President.
you and tribe sef, which tribe is mine?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by taharqa: 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
ceo4eva: Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
I still strongly believe that this
Jonathan's Administration
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.

I really think you are a KID. I told you so yterday, and you kinda confirmed it today.

If you had any Sense you wud have known that the 3 of them said similar things within same time period (you may want add what Amaechi and that 'OLODO' Senator said about 'missing' Excess Fund and #500billion SURE-P Fund) means that we are only seeing a Co-ordinated move by a Group of very FRUSTRATED Old Power Mongers/Hangers who are seeing themselves been pushed aside in an evolving New Power Order and in predictable Desperation are clinging to 'dear life' by playing their last card NOW. If you were the thinking-kind, you wud have known quite Easily that ALL of their Allegations, particularly that bother on corruption, are all mere 'Air' with no foundations at all (and I wud love for you to take me up on any of them); and are meant not for truth but to create enough Headlines and hopefully (for them) create the environment to perpetuate their power-grabbing intentions. If you were Perceptive, you wud have known that there is a very very serious DANGER lurking at the doorstep, presently.

You then just might be sober and reflective. But here you are begging for 'likes' over such a very serious issue.

#growupplease

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Jman06(m): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
teejan: We really need to cross examine this man we have as President, I really doubt if he has a Phd, he is a failure to the academia where he comes from.We need to vote this inept, corrupt and mindless man out of Govt.
Keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by taharqa: 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
For the THINKING Types who may want to get a feel of what is really happening, see a comment I made earlier today on another Corruption made by Premium Times yterday night posted by e-Gorillla, which is part of the co-ordinated Desperate onslaught against the President for Raw Power whicslipping away.
Plz, Note the very clear errors(wrong premise) that were UNASHAMEABLY used by these Power Mongers, and ask yrself WHY?? Then make up yr mind after reading this, if you like, (that was not my intention anyways), but atleast Reflect on all d Info on every side.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151202-exclusive-jonathan-alison-madueke-okonjo-iweala-culpable-in-diversion-of-n8-trillion-oil-funds.html/
PREMIUM TIMES: Even so, when compared with prevailing data from different government agencies, the figure admitted by the CBN is still lesser than what Nigeria should earn from oil sales.
While the bank said its computation, based on pre-shipment details, showed that Nigeria sold N10.3 trillion worth of oil in 19 months, PREMIUM TIMES’ analysis shows the government should rather realize N10.6 trillion in the first 10 months of 2013-Janaury to October-alone.

PREMIUM TIMES’s estimates is based on the government’s data of daily production average of 2.11 million barrels of crude, sold at an average price of $105.84 per barrel.
If multiplied and converted to naira, the government should have realized N10. 6 trillion in 10 months alone.

But in that period, total oil receipts data provided by the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, claimed between January and October, the government made N5.8 trillion.

Also, our estimates show that the government has not only lied or misled Nigerians about its total receipts from oil sales, but is also deceitful about its earnings in the contentious Excess Crude Account.

The ECA holds the difference between the real market price for oil and the government’s projection in the national budget yearly.

For 2013, the government approved rate is $79 per barrel (called benchmark for oil price), meaning any raise in price at the international market, will go into the ECA.

For most of the year, oil sold as much as $112 and $114 per barrel. At a conservative rate of $105 per barrel, the government should have realized $26 as difference per barrel for the Excess Crude Account.

Calculated at 2.11 million barrels per day, that should amount to $17.3 billion (about N2.695trillion) earned as excess crude revenue from crude oil exports as of October 2013.

But the government claims it generated only N986.6 billion in the Excess Crude Account

For those persons 'eating' this thrash, this is what the EDITORS of PT allowed through their 'Paper':

Their 'Analysis' was based on the Assumption of an Average Oil Sales of 2.11millionbpd and Average Price of $105 per barrel. According to them, using these figures for a 10 months period, Jan-Oct 2013, Nigeria 'Earned' (their very words) #10.6trillion from crude oil sales, while NNPC only remitted #5.8billion to the Federation Account within the period (so the difference of #4.8trillion has been 'STOLEN' or 'DIVERTED'); just as $17.3billion (#2.695trillion) was 'earned' as Excess Crude Oil, although the Govt remitted #986.6billion (so the difference #1.708trillion has also been 'stolen' or 'diverted')!!

Here was the Mathematics used:
--- 2.11millionbpd * $105 per barrel * 30days * 10months * #158= #10.5trillion Oil SOLD (equivalent in their own mind to money 'earned' by Nigeria).

--- 2.11mbpd * $26 Excess per barrel(ie $105- $97) * 30days * 10months= $16.5billion (approximately $17.3billion they used since am using 30days per month).

So PT wud have us believe that Crude Oil, at least the Nigerian Oil, just magically produces and sells itself just like that, kwa (maybe that's why it is called 'Sweet Oil')? PT wud have us believe that All the Oil Companies in Nigeria (Shell, Chevron, Total, Oando, Sahra Energy, ExxonMobil, Halliburton, NNPC itself, etc) are a bunch of Father Xmases who love Nigeria so much that they not only produce/sell our crude for us for FREE without adding the COST of production nor do they Share from the Oil sales. Such Wonderful set of Companies in deed!! May they be blessed, Always wink!!

OK, enough of Clowning around; lets get back to Reality now:
When a Country produces and sells Oil to the International market, the money that buyers pay (like the #10.6trillion above) is just the SELLING PRICE. There is a COST associated with producing and selling every barrel of Oil sold (Cost of Exploration, Licensing, Exploitation, Producing, Storage, Transportation, Running cost, Labour, buying of sophisticated Equipment/Platforms, Insurance, Security, etc, etc, etc). This COST is subtracted from the SELLING PRICE; the Resulting Difference been the SHAREABLE PROFIT. It is only this PROFIT that is SHARED bw the Govt and the Oil Companies in the ratio 70/60: 30/40 (depend

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ekoileee: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
The dullard can not say more than what he just said, I bet he's scared because all his hiden secretes are filtering to the general public and it's because folks like OBJ got listening posts in his admin from top to bottom and even inside GEJ's bedroom gan sef.

This is very inevitable since they've been trying to get this dullards attention with all the dirtiness going around the country and his administration, but the dullard dug his own grave and the fact that the i.diot not only love and welcomes corruption, but also insults and attacks even people like OBJ, folks within his own party and regular Nigerians is not helping his sorry asss. The foolish clown picks up fight with everybody over the dumbest stuff as if he's invisible and untouchable.

Too bad they didn't tell then the clueless dullards that though he's the president, but folks like OBJ and IBB still sabi every thing that's going on in this country, they know where all the dead bodies are buried, they know he's next move, they know what he's hiding, they know who is doing what in Nigerian and generally everything about Nigeria, they know everything about his ASO ROCK, they've infiltrated his administration from top to bottom, I'm even sure they hear him when he snore and when shepo farts. Bottom line, his secretes are not safe and he's not inside some secured aso rock, he's invisible and folks like OBJ are on him like white on rice 24/7.

The gig is up...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Jman06(m): 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
dinachi: @ OP Obasanjo is a lion that dosen't roar all the time. When he roars all other lesser animals best be concerned. Every government that Obasanjo has ever confronted openly always ends ignobly. Check the stats from Babangida and Abacha. THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END! Yes I said it.
Rubish! Obasanjo is just an overrated chimp. Outside power,he is nothing. If he is so influential,why did pdp under his watch lose ogun state? while his own daughter Iyabo could not be returned to the senate?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Btruth: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Kingspin(m): 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
ceo4eva: Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.
No need to join issues with Nigerian politician. If you love this country, dnt believe everything you read just fellow your heart is better. These guys are only selfish. Remember 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by 5thNOTE: 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=Akpangbon]u well so?[/quote) it is like D devil complaining of too much sins in D world. OBJ is D fountain, mentor and legacy of D new corruption in D democratic republic of D 20 century. He should remove his untraceable fangs of corruption frm D economy of nigeria, and see who will nt do likewise. To start with Obj, who was ur minister of petroleum? Is there anything as worst in corruption than what u did. U were president and treasurer at D same time. 2nd, D whole PHCN issues is nt up to $10billion, where is ur or our $16B? Whn u said 2008, power will be stable, i was nt happy becus i taught Christ would have come by that time, but i seems like a dream that we have 2008 passed and u didnt add a wire to our grid. The pole u erected and site u sandfilled that was shown in Tv during probe of ur illusional power project, u might have also sold them. Funsho kumplokun that u connieve to repair D refineries and he blowed grammer and charisma aftr u guys loot through that means, we havnt seen any change. D problem of nigerians is that once we find food and eat, we sleep and who dies or lives is on his own. My question to u Obj, wht will u do with ur much unmonitorable loot, records of loot u cant keep? Ur children cant or dont need half of wht u can recall of u loot. U just cant start condemning corruption, whn u left D road in potholes, lack of power, falling planes and murders, gross election rigging, high import to even tooth pick. If u have done anything, did we pull it down. Pls if u want to show us what u did, simply use line of sentence a line of sentence to say wht u did, e.g. I brough telecommunication plus high tarrif and collected 1niara till Jonathans time. I brought total power nigeria, ... becus whn u ppl talk, we get much confuse with ur incohorent words put backward and forward.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sycophant taharqa, no need to shout yourself hoarse.
The contentious issue here is that money was diverted in contravention of laid down guidelines and, since we have no credible explanation other than the oblique response provided an NNPC mouthpiece, no amount of body contortions on your part would douse the calls for an inquiry.

Calm down before you go popping a vein, as this remains a matter of public interest grin

Senate probes alleged missing $49.8 billion -- https://www.nairaland.com/1552392/senate-probes-alleged-missing-49.8

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by yibomustgo(m): 11:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by tomakint: 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
@Taharqa and oldenglish may ur days be long in the land of the living and may u c the Nigeria of ur dreams! I have always maintained that majority of Nigerians are suffering from collective amnesia, if not why, how can somebody like Obj be a judge in a case he was part of. He has all the necessary supports (both home and abroad) to fix Nigeria during his tyrannical 8years yet he couldn't! Jonathan, despite the propaganda and boko haram onslaught had achieved more than Obj undecided what a shame!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
I read the 18 page write-up by Obasanjo. I saw this coming. I have said it many times that Obasanjo would strike and it won't be nice when strikes. Ebora Owu is a monster! grin grin grin

This is the beginning of the end of Jonathan in Nigerian politics.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by realteflon(m): 12:07am On Dec 12, 2013
A LETTER TO NELSON MANDELA
Dear Dr. Nelson,
Please, when you get to the world beyond, tell

Herbert Macaulay that the
party he found has been turned to People
Destroying Party

Tell Obafemi Awolowo that we now pay school fees
without going to
school

Help Nigerians tell Nnamdi Azikiwe that the long wall to
democracy that he
built has fallen, only the cracked fence still stands

Tell Chief Anthony Enahoro that the independent
nation he fought for is
no more

Tell Ahmadu Bello that our judicial system now
favours the rich.

Tell Muritala Muhammed that we still use kerosene
to cook and candles to see.

Tell King Jaja of Opobo that we are still slaves in our
country

Please, tell Dele Giwa that Nigerian press has been
bought with money

Tell Chinua Achebe that things has fallen apart

Tell Yaradua that we are back to zero point agenda

Tell Fela that his prophecy has come to reality.
NIGERIANS ARE SUFFERING
AND SMILING!

..... And please don't forget to tell Prof. Iyayi that
Federal government paid
200 billion into ASUU account but they have not
seen alert.

Tell them that we Nigerians need quick reply to this letter

Thank you

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by 9jagirl4re(f): 12:08am On Dec 12, 2013
Hahaha the elite thieves are now attacking each other this is good! Now all we need is for them to start publishing papers that proves who moved money where, the truth will never remain hidden. Out of the two the first one to prove who stole what when and how wins! GEJ if you really wanna shut him up show how he really built that chicken farm, Obasanjo if you really wanna prove he is corrupt bring us proof oo were waiting!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by superstar1(m): 12:12am On Dec 12, 2013
In another news, GEJ has set up a 14man committee to deliberate on the remote causes and effects of OBJs letter and to merely advise govt on the appropriate response.

Committee members include -- Reuben abati, labaran maku, Stella oduah.

other names shall be provided if you send NGN1,500 recharge card to my phone. My phone number is 080...............9

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva:
Then why hasn't GEJ or any of his aides put up a strong defence? These three men have laid their facts and it's clear to everyone. Is this rubbish statement from Abati good enough to exonerate GEJ? WAKE UP BRO! There is Endemic Corruption in the land.

sometimes silence is the best answer to fools
that is the message GEJ is sending across

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by tnktosin(m): 12:16am On Dec 12, 2013
Oh boy,
Jonah is preparing a robust reply, for now its OBJ 1-0 GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by obamartins(m): 12:41am On Dec 12, 2013
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.

Everybody acting saint this days in Nigeria. But they did nothing to fight corruption while they had the opportunity. Corruption is endemic in the country and can only be fought systematically which i believe GEJ is doing. Privatize those sectors where corruption has grown into a Monster and see it fizzle away. (E.G PHCN) and recently, the proposed privatization of NNPC. Let me borrow the word of V, the author of MAFIA MANAGER "Opportunity makes the thief; the thief who has no opportunity to steal considers himself an honest man".

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by kstyle2(m): 12:44am On Dec 12, 2013
It appears 2 me dat d name jonathan is synonymous wit corruption....and 2 tink i saw dis man as d messiah of 9ja....
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by superstar1(m): 12:50am On Dec 12, 2013
i thought Abati said Mr President has directed all aides not to respond to OBJ, while his Abati now usingthe folowing words :

“The President himself will, at the appropriate time, offer a full personal response to the most reckless, baseless, unjustifiable and indecorous charges levied against him and his administration by the former Head of State,” the spokesman said.

“We however find it highly unbecoming, mischievous and provocative that a letter written by a former Head of State and respected elder statesman to President Jonathan has been deliberately leaked to the mass media in a deplorable effort to impugn the integrity of the President and denigrate his commitment to giving Nigeria the best possible leadership,” the statement said.

“While many patriotic, objective and well-meaning Nigerians have already condemned the leaked letter as self-serving, hypocritical, malicious, indecent, and very disrespectful of the highest office in the land, President Jonathan has directed that none of his aides or any government official should join issues with Chief Obasanjo over it.”

if this is not a response, we are awaiting the response eagerly. ghen ghen ghennnnn. Action Film -- OBJ vs GEJ Acts 1 Scene 2
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Godsown7(m): 3:29am On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva:
Then why hasn't GEJ or any of his aides put up a strong defence? These three men have laid their facts and it's clear to everyone. Is this rubbish statement from Abati good enough to exonerate GEJ? WAKE UP BRO! There is Endemic Corruption in the land.
when has there not been endemic corruption in the land. Who among d accusers is not corrupt? Obj is truly a shameless man. After all d wahala he has caused 4 naija, he should be hiding in shame. Mk Dem free gej abegi.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 12, 2013
This man called Jona need to be seriously dealth with, he should be ashame of himself! Even his response shows his guilty of everything God knows Nigerian don't derserve this kinda hill fainted incompetent brain washed man parade himself as president!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by naijacenter(f): 4:29am On Dec 12, 2013
Some of the admins here are allowing their personal interests to conflict with their administrative duties just like Obasanjo.

I posted a content relating to this topic above yesterday only for me to check hours later, my post was replaced with Premiumtimes, everything i wrote not just the topic including the link was replaced with Premiumtimes and yet with my username.

How can someone be this biased? Maybe we posted 3 mins late but if you were to close my thread, then do it, but replacing it with Premiumtimes on my username is so silly and unprofessional.

Look here: https://www.nairaland.com/1552241/jonathan-replies-obasanjo-says-letter
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by dayokanu(m): 4:55am On Dec 12, 2013
Serves OBJ right

When he saw quality leaders from the South South like Donald Duke but chose to put a clueless Retardeen who failed miserably in every political office he has ever been whether as Deputy governor or Governor, to be the vice president of this country

OBJ knew if he chose a performer, within a yr OBJs ineptitude in governance would be exposed so he chose a man on his deathbed (Umaru are you alive) and a drunkard who due to perpetual drunkenness, cant locate his own asss with his two hands to be Vice president

A man Whose main inspiration comes from bottles after bottles of hard liquor

So as bad as OBj was, he still has someone who could surpass him in poor governance

OBJ wanted people to look back at his admin and still find reasons to commend him

Retardeen really deserves an award for extreme cluelessness

In Tinubus voice : I dey laff oooooooooo

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by DerideGull(m): 5:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Only tribally bigoted ingrates will think that Goodluck Jonathan is underperforming when compared to a fraud called Olusegun Obasanjo. The good or bad performance of any office holder in the jungle called Nigeria does not and must not flow from the front pages of Punch, Tribune and Osundefender.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Obiagu1(m): 5:35am On Dec 12, 2013
Obasanjo is just mad he could not control GEJ.

I hope GEJ sends EFCC after Obasanjo.
Let him taste his own medicine.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by seanet02: 5:42am On Dec 12, 2013
Obiagu1: Obasanjo is just mad he could not control GEJ.

I hope GEJ sends EFCC after Obasanjo.
Let him taste his own medicine.
Dem never born Jonathan well..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by nerodenero: 6:03am On Dec 12, 2013
eastman11: Obasajo is the major problem this country has, he has for the past two yrs been working against this govt and projecting Lamido to be president.
An old man who should promote peace just like Mandela is still playing dirty politics. His sins will soon catch up him.
Well said bro but do you know how difficult it was for most of us to vote Jonathan as President in the north at the last election?If you know,you would agree with me that Jonathan has really failed to keep his promises of delivering the dividends of democracy. OBJ might not a be saint but his tenure wasn't as worse as this.Jonathan,make somebody a scape goat!!!Allegation of corruption against your government is on the increase so much so that many are bittered.Act fast before its too late.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly / Osun: Lasun, Omisore Join Forces With APC To Fight PDP / Edo APC Primaries: Obaseki's Screening In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.