Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative (47553 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Muazu Says Letter Giving EFCC Order To Go After Tinubu, Atiku, nd others is fake / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Demdem(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
publisher: [size=13pt]Did Obasanjo expect the Ijaw nation to sit down and watch as prominent Hausa/Fulani leaders continue to threaten bloodshed and making Nigeria ungovernable just because an Ijaw son is president?

Does Obasanjo expect GEJ to foolishly behave like Ironsi and alienate his own (tribe) people so that he can be killed like a dog in another region?

Abegi....[/size]

This same peeps with their compatriots from SE will also return Jonathan back to power next elections after all they are in the majority. grin grin
Surely considering the respect SW pdp has for obj, the support of Jonathan from this region has gone down.
This is good news for demdem.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by theoctopus: 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Demdem:

This same peeps with their compatriots from SE will also return Jonathan back to power next elections after all they are in the majority. grin grin
Surely considering the respect SW pdp has for obj, the support of Jonathan from this region has gone down.
This is good news for demdem.

SW PDP has respect for OBJ? You are a clown! So what happened in Oyo and Ogun in 2011? I see the respect for OBJ really paid off. grin

OBJ was the single biggest undoing of PDP in 2011. Without him, PDP would have won Ogun and Oyo and even done far better in Ekiti. Yeye
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Tonniey(m): 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Having read 60% of d comment here, I want to ask the house a question and pls, I only need a reasonable person to answer me. Since 80% of comments here condemmed Obj, Amechi, Tambuwal and even kwankwaso claim of our president to be supporting corruption, whose statement are we going to believe to b true then...
Who can point out your short comings between your family members and a stranger or a visitor.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by vislabraye(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
OBJ is just a hypocrite. How has he transformed Nigeria for the whole 11 years as the Head of State/President ?
Some people are saying he fought corruption by imprisoning Tafa Balogun, Bode George etc.

Pls let them tell us how much of the funds was recovered. Bode George embezzled 85bn Naira and he went to jail for only 6months. When he came out, he held a massive thanks giving. Is that how corruption is fought ?

Why did he campaign for GEJ in the 1st place. If he should attack GEJ, he should also be held accountable for rigging for him. Or else he should shut up !!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by manmade(m): 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is a case of history repeating itself Muse ( Archives) :
THE RESIGNATION OF AUDU OGBEH,
PDP CHAIRMAN
Reuters
Monday, January 10, 2005
Audu Ogbeh, PDP Chairman,
resigns
By CAMILLUS EBOH
Audu Ogbeh told reporters he resigned
to ensure the People's Democratic Party
(PDP) would "remain stable without
crisis", but senior party members said he
was forced out by Obasanjo who could
not take his scathing criticism.
Ogbeh's resignation, which takes effect
from Feb. 28, came after weeks of horse-
trading by senior PDP members who had
wanted to save the party chief.
"We are all very upset. Obasanjo's
intolerance is a very bad sign. We are
scared that we are moving towards
tyranny," said a senior PDP member who
had supported Ogbeh.
Politicians and analysts said Ogbeh's
letter, dated Dec. 5 and published in the
local press, reflected widespread
frustration with Obasanjo whose election
in 1999 ended 15 years of military rule
in the poverty-ravaged oil exporting
nation.
Obasanjo's economic reform programme,
which has received the informal backing
of the International Monetary Fund, has
failed to lift most Nigerians out of
poverty. Corruption has remained
endemic five years after his first
election, despite a high profile campaign
against graft.
Ogbeh drew a parallel between
Obasanjo's government and that of
Shehu Shagari, sacked in a coup in 1983
after four years in office, and warned the
president was heading in the same
direction.
Ogbeh's letter also outlined the situation
in southeast Anambra state where police
stood by in November as political
militants torched government buildings
and shot at the governor's convoy during
three days of rioting.
Angered by the stark warning, Obasanjo
threatened Ogbeh with investigation by
the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission.
Analysts say the Anambra crisis reflects
poorly on Obasanjo beacuse he had
withdrawn police protection from
governor Chris Ngige, who is locked in a
bitter power struggle with his estranged
political patron, Chris Uba. Uba's brother
is one of the president's closest aides.
Anambra is one of more than a dozen
states where there was widespread
rigging in the 2003 general elections,
which returned Obasanjo for a second
term in office.
Earlier in October, one of Africa's most
prominent literary icons, Chinua Achebe,
rejected a national honour from the
Nigerian government citing the political
crisis in his home state of Anambra.
Civil rights groups have accused
Obasanjo, a former military ruler, of
running a "civilian dictatorship" in
Africa's most populous nation, a charge
the president denies.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by bodmasfem(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
so Jonathan is not worthy to be in jail too ,right?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by bodmasfem(m): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
it shall come near him because God does not support corruption!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by abbas2(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva: [b] Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him. Anyway, GEJ "doesn't give a damn"
I still strongly believe that this
Jonathan's Administration
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.[/b]
well u are correct but you will agree with me that obj himself is the chike obi whose mathematical ingenuity gave Nigerians the jonathan result.It is sympathetic that GEJ is not getting it.I am afraid he may be the last president of this geographical enclave called Nigeria if the situation remains the same.Things are getting worse by the day.Politics has become the most lucrative business in Nigeria and that has had its terrible effect on the system.Ours is make more money for yourself rather serving people.Only God knows Nigeria's tomorrow.Definitely not certain.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ocelot2006(m): 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
balotelli: I think some people on this Nairaland Forum are just stupid and they are devoid of constructive reasoning and argument , why Can't u see that GEJ is Not performing , Where I live in Lag we have Just 3hrs of PHCN power everyday it Has never been as Bad as this even during Abacha's Regime , in those days I only heard that people embezzled Millions of Naira but this days its Billions of Dollars ,ASUU strike ,Massive Crude Oil Theft ,Boko Haram N Kidnappings , Unemployment is on the Increase coming to that I recently got a Truck to do diesel supply and just put a small advert out with my Email looking for a driver who knows lagos Route and I was bewildered when I got almost 5 thousand Mails with CVs of graduates with good grades ,I felt so bad that I said to my self I better sit up and Get my Game Right
My own Candid View GEJ is not a good Leader and should just step down let somebody do it

Oh please spare us the trash talk! You have no argument here at all! You talk about the paltry 3hrs of light you enjoy per day. Here in Uyo (Ewet Housing, estate) it has increased from 2-4hrs of half-current power supply to 6hrs solid supply. In PHC where I also own a home [Ada George], everyone is struggling to cutover from the state distribution lines to Federal cos those of the later enjoy waaay more hrs of power supply its not funny. And in Taraba where I worked, I enjoyed SOLID 22-24hrs CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY. Things are not perfect, but there's been remarkable improvements thanks to the good works of Team GEJ. More power stations have been commissioned and more are still being built, and our transmission and distribution systems have been repaired and expanded on. Shouldnt GEJ be commended for that?

And yes we still have a lot of issues with crude oil theft. When I visted a friend working with DPR, he did mention that close to 40% of produced crude's been stolen. As a person who sells petroleum products (PMS, AGO, DPK, and lubes), I know that one of the consequences of this (apart of loss of revenue for the country and coys, and environmental pollutions due to oil spills from the sabotage works of these thieves) is the proliferation of illegal refineries and the flooding of the market with poor quality AGO (diesel) product that has lead to the damage of diesel engines across the country and a drop in sales. Every station owner know that it took MONTHS to sell off a single tank of AGO due to poor sales.

BUT GEJ changed all that. Under his watch, the JTF has raided and shut down tens of illegal refineries, taking a huge quantity of poorly refined diesel off the market, thus restoring the cibfidence of buyers. Now sales have picked up. Under the same watch of GEJ, the Nigerian has acquired additional platforms and have stepped up patrols against illegal bunkering and piracy. They equally have an impressive awareness program against the former (COT).

As for the security issues, we all know that the problem of kidnapping was effectively dealt with particularly in the SE region by the GEJ admin when the president authorized the transfrr of MAj. Gen. Bello (current Counter-Terror Adviser, Office of the NSA) to serve as the GOC 82 Div, Enugu. As for the Boko Haram problem we face in the NE, yes the President wobbled initially cos the nation has never faced such problem before. But thanks to his leadership, the Armed Forces, Police Force, and Intelligence Agencies have been well funded and totally transformed to truely professional services. The Army in particularly is no longer just a usual conventional force, but a true COIN and Counter Terror Force. We'rr not out of the woods yet, but we will get there.

As for other sectors, I believe a number of us have spoken on that substantially, but I will advise that you travel beyond the boundaries of Lagos and go see for yourself the works of your president.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ocholawealth(m): 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
When governor Amaechi claimed five billion dollars were missing from the federal reserve, we all thought He (Amaechi) was lying.... Within that very space of time, NNPC was involved in a scam of about Ten billion dollars....., the CBN governor, Sanusi came out telling Nigerians that 49.8 billion dollars was not remitted...,only for such corruption tales to be said also by OBJ and Tambuwal... what a monumental fraud under the very nose of the president? It's about time the National Assembly as well as the Nigerian masses rose(up) to IMPEACH the president...This evil done by HIM and his cohort is killing Nigerians on a daily basis. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by BrightCar: 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by BrightCar: 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva: [b] Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him. Anyway, GEJ "doesn't give a damn"
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
SO WHAT WILL U GAIN TO PROPAGATE HATE AND LIES, HOW MANY CASSAVA BREAD HAVE U EATEN FROM OTTA FARM, AND AT WHAT COST? CHEAPER THAN WHEAT BREAD? YOU ARE LOST OUT, GEJ DON SPOIL SHOW FOR UNA!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by deletrue: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
fagin1982:

God Bless you DeleTrue - You see above the ordinary - Atimes when I listen and read whr gullible minds sulogize Obasanjo , I only bend my head in shame and shake it ...

Obasanjo is the most Daft and empty President that has ruled this Country both Old and New ..Take you time and read about the Life of this Old Man Obasanjo ...His days as an Ordinary Officer in the Army , His cowardice during the Nigeria Civil War , and His record breaking looting. For 8years as President ..Someone that had the best Opportunity more than every other Leader to Lead Nigeria right ,yet He wasted his years both in the Army and as a Politician - What positive impact has OBJ brought along the parts of Nigeria , Nothing I can remember ...This was the same President in the name of Privatization messed most of our Corporations up and looted us dry ....This was the same president that killed His own Friend Bola Ige in the name of Politics , A man without shame slept with his own daughter in-law ....A man who rigged elections and even wanted to extend his stay as the president for the 3rd time

How can we Nigerians forget in a hurry who this Man is ...On what Moral grounds do we stand and listen to his pack of lies ...A Man that should be grateful to God for keeping him .....If he was that great , why was he relegated to the back seats among Presidents .......
Everyone knows he stinks ...

He is the last person to advise GEJ - Let him shut his mouth and retire to his Hilltop house and wait patiently there until his creator calls him

For me as a Nigerian ....OBJ is worst than the criminal on the street
Oh yes. Thanks for reminding us of the murder of his friend Bola Iga. All effort to reveal the killer (I think some other prominent individuals too) were frustrated by this same most ugly senior fool of our time. Do you hear that Obasanjo supporters? Can you supporters of Obasanjo think of any evil on earth that worse than killing a very close friend? Obasanjo should not worry. Those who kill by whatever means will also go and die by whatever means. Nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Ninapha(f): 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva:
Then why hasn't GEJ or any of his aides put up a strong defence? These three men have laid their facts and it's clear to everyone. Is this rubbish statement from Abati good enough to exonerate GEJ? WAKE UP BRO! There is Endemic Corruption in the land.
Indeed there is endemic corruption in the land! Created by Buhari, planted by Babangida, natured by Abacha, discarded by shonikan, modified by Abdusalam, adopted by Obasanjo, rephrased by Yar'adua and being followed up by : Lamido, Farouk, Gej, Tambawal etc. Quit blaming Gej, he is just a follower like u.

If na country wey things dey work, Obj for even commit sucide dan killn himself like this.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Twist4u: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Waspy: Jona than case is a classic example of the angel trying to play smart as a demigod.

Why would the party structure of a big party like PDP crush under an administration, just becos of personal aggrandisement? If truly GEJ did not agreed to any 'one term' pact, why would a lot of politicians from his party be against him, to the extent to decamping to other parties, the same pple that were with him before he came to power?

Why can't GEJ allow peace to reign by simply backing down then pick a replacement from his region and support the person, obviously, he is the one pple want out not his party or region

Finally, all allegations levied against GEJ are from pple close to him, pple in his administrtion and pple that got him to power.... Can he deny these allegations becos most of them are obvious already.
I wish Nigerian well and that means i wish GEJ out of that seat... What we need is a sensible and proactive leader whether an Ijaw or an Urhobo or Itshekiri or whatever
y,are u reasonin like someone dat sleeptalk emh..so u want gej 2 backdown abi.African leaders dont do dat, because power is sweet n intoxicating same reason y OBJ want 3rd term n even yorself will not do dat if oportune,btw gej has evry constitutional right 2 contest n 4 dos selfish pdp defectors dat hav high hunger 4 power even as visionless n impatient as dey hav proven 2be,because if dey hav an iota of sense dey will realise d vice president is a northerner n has evry potential of being d next president.OBJ Suck
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by bodmasfem(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
then he should go ahead and jail him if he is serious with fighting corruption! remember obasanjo said, in his letter, that he is not afraid of any intimidation
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by mascot87(m): 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
I strongly believe that most of you people not condemning the corrupt nature of Mr president are very corrupt also and you people are the enemy within that we pray to God to strike out before the 2015 general election.Nigeria does not deserve people like you and on that note I pray that every enemy of this country called Nigeria be evaporated from Nigeria in Jesus name.Nigeria needs to move forward and all people trying to draw up backward be struck by fire.So shall it be.
Note:Be careful to quote me because I could curse you and you will hate yourself

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by amaechijay: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
See OBJ that was collecting N1.00 via MTN from even the poor Nigerians that cld afford only as low as N100.00 recharge card .

See OBJ that swindled billions in the power sector with Liyel Imoke in the name of providing constant electricity for Nigerians.

See OBJ that killed and buried the Halliburton (plus other companies) Bribery Scandal because he is involved in the dirty deal.

See OBJ that sold government establishments like Refineries, NITEL, Transcorp etc, to his "boys" just a few days before he left office.

See OBJ that sent many to the great beyond just for opposing his selfish ideas except Orji Uzor Kalu whom is shielded by mother like hen.

How many can we count? Maybe somebody should help me recount his atrocities because I personally do not like to keep things like that in mind. But all I know is that he is much worse than GEJ and should take several seats at the back.

All the people fighting GEJ are alive and well. And even seated in power, but who could dare talk against OBJ in those eight years of his tenure.

And to think that he wanted to extend his stay in Aso Rock till God knows when. Was that part of the agreement he had with the stakeholders and Nigerians?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Demdem(m): 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
theoctopus:

SW PDP has respect for OBJ? You are a clown! So what happened in Oyo and Ogun in 2011? I see the respect for OBJ really paid off. grin

OBJ was the single biggest undoing of PDP in 2011. Without him, PDP would have won Ogun and Oyo and even done far better in Ekiti. Yeye

Goon, what happened was well known and in the open.
The broom conquered them all. grin it was an overwhelming victory. Tens of Jonathan and obj couldn't have stopped it.

In both ogun and oyo obj had his way with his candidate in the killer party. Again I state, killer party SW respect obj. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by eluquenson(m): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
The five-month drama between FG and ASUU is about to end; another drama is unfolding between Obasanjo and Jonathan. When will this people stop diverting our attention from the real thing?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by assetstrap(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nashville: grin grin

So funny how they alternate between Reuben Akpati and Doyin Okugbe.

Okugbe goofed by comparing GEJ to Mandela so he is on one week suspension. So now it is Akpati's turn to bark.

This week alone Tambuwal, Sanusi and OBJ have all accused the president of encouraging corruption. And these are all PDP members.

Very soon GEJ will blame Amaechi for all this!

Those names u gave them...too funny abeg : )
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by jpphilips(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
naija2dabone: By january 2015, I will take up a voluntary full time job campaigning and promoting the candidature of GEJ and his transformation programme (Note that I did not say transformation agenda). This is because, GEJ administration is a CLEAR DEPARTURE from how Nigeria has been runned over the years. It is indeed a breath of fresh air in terms of performance and results.

It is true that this administration has faced a lot of deliberate action aimed at weakening it resolve through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and destruction of govt plans and programmes but doggedly, GEJ keep matching on shaming cynics.

Nigeria: Forward ever, backward never!

Okupe shares the same sentiment too
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by diamondboa(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva:
Then why hasn't GEJ or any of his aides put up a strong defence? These three men have laid their facts and it's clear to everyone. Is this rubbish statement from Abati good enough to exonerate GEJ? WAKE UP BRO! There is Endemic Corruption in the land.

Abeg help me ask o.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by kulumo: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is where you should all be afraid of Abati and GEJ. Have you ever seen any response to any of Asari's threats and divisive proclamations? But he (Abati) is always so quick and swift in tackling others like Tanbuwa and OBJ. The reality is, GEJ cannot hold this country together, he's more tribalised and ethnocentric more than any other leader Nigeria ever had. May God help this Country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by diamondboa(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
ocelot2006:

Oh please spare us the trash talk! You have no argument here at all! You talk about the paltry 3hrs of light you enjoy per day. Here in Uyo (Ewet Housing, estate) it has increased from 2-4hrs of half-current power supply to 6hrs solid supply. In PHC where I also own a home [Ada George], everyone is struggling to cutover from the state distribution lines to Federal cos those of the later enjoy waaay more hrs of power supply its not funny. And in Taraba where I worked, I enjoyed SOLID 22-24hrs CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY. Things are not perfect, but there's been remarkable improvements thanks to the good works of Team GEJ. More power stations have been commissioned and more are still being built, and our transmission and distribution systems have been repaired and expanded on. Shouldnt GEJ be commended for that?

And yes we still have a lot of issues with crude oil theft. When I visted a friend working with DPR, he did mention that close to 40% of produced crude's been stolen. As a person who sells petroleum products (PMS, AGO, DPK, and lubes), I know that one of the consequences of this (apart of loss of revenue for the country and coys, and environmental pollutions due to oil spills from the sabotage works of these thieves) is the proliferation of illegal refineries and the flooding of the market with poor quality AGO (diesel) product that has lead to the damage of diesel engines across the country and a drop in sales. Every station owner know that it took MONTHS to sell off a single tank of AGO due to poor sales.

BUT GEJ changed all that. Under his watch, the JTF has raided and shut down tens of illegal refineries, taking a huge quantity of poorly refined diesel off the market, thus restoring the cibfidence of buyers. Now sales have picked up. Under the same watch of GEJ, the Nigerian has acquired additional platforms and have stepped up patrols against illegal bunkering and piracy. They equally have an impressive awareness program against the former (COT).

As for the security issues, we all know that the problem of kidnapping was effectively dealt with particularly in the SE region by the GEJ admin when the president authorized the transfrr of MAj. Gen. Bello (current Counter-Terror Adviser, Office of the NSA) to serve as the GOC 82 Div, Enugu. As for the Boko Haram problem we face in the NE, yes the President wobbled initially cos the nation has never faced such problem before. But thanks to his leadership, the Armed Forces, Police Force, and Intelligence Agencies have been well funded and totally transformed to truely professional services. The Army in particularly is no longer just a usual conventional force, but a true COIN and Counter Terror Force. We'rr not out of the woods yet, but we will get there.

As for other sectors, I believe a number of us have spoken on that substantially, but I will advise that you travel beyond the boundaries of Lagos and go see for yourself the works of your president.

Am really disstabilize with your submission. I now see that it will take Nigeria a long way to truly get to the promise land if we still have people like you around . That mean you are also in support of all the corrupt deals in GEJ administration.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by fagin1982(m): 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
theoctopus:

B-O-M-B-S-H-E-L-L!!!
Obasanjo Attack On Jonathan!!!
Mallam Idris Mohammed (Dakata, Kano) Wrote::

"You don't expect Jonathan to lick your ass. You must be a wicked man to send nearly 10 names to Jonathan and wanted to force him to make them Ministers. When you were in his position, Did Shagari, Abdulsalami, IBB, Shoneko or Buhari send list of Ministers that must be appointed?

"You want to appoint all Exco of PDP alone and when the party members and the President say No, your start writing baseless letters. ..
Your political influenced have dropped to nearly zero and it is wise for you to proceed straight to retirement and leave Nigeria for the younger generation".

Obasanjo, you are frustrated and I know that, you are scared that the little man, from a small village in Bayelsa will leave a legacy that will overshadow your fruitless 8-years in office.
"An Hausa proverb says, "That a woman that have no child, will like the whole world to die at the same time".

"All the corruption allegations against Jonathan's government in the last 11 months are mere fabrication, as they are well orchestrated, by the same people and group".
How can Nigeria lose funds that is bigger than her revenue? It does not add up. You cannot lose what you do not have.

"Obasanjo should leave Jonathan alone, leadership is turn by turn. The rail Obasanjo could not manage, Jonathan has fixed the bulk of it in just few months. The power plants (electricty) Obsanjo abandoned, wasting over $18billion, Jonathan has fixed them and linked them with gas for operations. The roads, airports are getting better, Agriculture is booming again after over 45 years of neglect.

"Obasanjo, Allah is bigger than you. Leave Jonathan alone. You failed in your 8 years, let this man work. - Hope For Nigeria.

God bless this writer ....OLUSEGUN. AREMU. MATTHEW OBASANJO is a huge failure

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by superstar1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Whether obj has the moral right or not to say the truth is immaterial. He failed in his time, he is taking the opportunity of Jonah's Intimate romance with corruption to say his part as an elder statesman that he is or expected to be. He could have regrets for somethings he did wrongly or could have done better and this was is golden opportunity to correct it a little and posterity will judge him right for speaking up in the face of wanton corruption.

Leave the messenger and face the message.

Debunk the message and not the messenger. Even God used donkey to speak to Balaam in the bible, how much more the clueless president.

At least obj demonstrated gut to fight corruption. What has the Dundee Utd we have as president done to even show he has the liver to tackle it.

He is busy wining and dining in corruption, promoting and encouraging corruption ----committee setting president. Our president is an active participant in the looting of the nation and it is so clear he has no control over his aides. I regret ever voting for him.

When will he set up committee on obj's letter too?

Keep deceiving yourself on GEJs achievements. Tell us in concrete terms and not the esoteric lies of economic jargons, that he has achieved. Tell us the projects he conceived initiated an completed solely? It is only a president that does not have something substantial to show that will be giving us economic indices that are not translating to anything in the lives of average Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by euniselfyahoo: 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
This one that pot is calling kettle black, God pls help us in this country,
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Luchitec(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
OBJ may be crude, tactless, with many moral frailties; yet he is a far better leader compared to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by PEREP: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
manmade: This is a case of history repeating itself Muse ( Archives) :
THE RESIGNATION OF AUDU OGBEH,
PDP CHAIRMAN
Reuters
Monday, January 10, 2005
Audu Ogbeh, PDP Chairman,
resigns
By CAMILLUS EBOH
Audu Ogbeh told reporters he resigned
to ensure the People's Democratic Party
(PDP) would "remain stable without
crisis", but senior party members said he
was forced out by Obasanjo who could
not take his scathing criticism.
Ogbeh's resignation, which takes effect
from Feb. 28, came after weeks of horse-
trading by senior PDP members who had
wanted to save the party chief.
"We are all very upset. Obasanjo's
intolerance is a very bad sign. We are
scared that we are moving towards
tyranny," said a senior PDP member who
had supported Ogbeh.
Politicians and analysts said Ogbeh's
letter, dated Dec. 5 and published in the
local press, reflected widespread
frustration with Obasanjo whose election
in 1999 ended 15 years of military rule
in the poverty-ravaged oil exporting
nation.
Obasanjo's economic reform programme,
which has received the informal backing
of the International Monetary Fund, has
failed to lift most Nigerians out of
poverty. Corruption has remained
endemic five years after his first
election, despite a high profile campaign
against graft.
Ogbeh drew a parallel between
Obasanjo's government and that of
Shehu Shagari, sacked in a coup in 1983
after four years in office, and warned the
president was heading in the same
direction.
Ogbeh's letter also outlined the situation
in southeast Anambra state where police
stood by in November as political
militants torched government buildings
and shot at the governor's convoy during
three days of rioting.
Angered by the stark warning, Obasanjo
threatened Ogbeh with investigation by
the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission.
Analysts say the Anambra crisis reflects
poorly on Obasanjo beacuse he had
withdrawn police protection from
governor Chris Ngige, who is locked in a
bitter power struggle with his estranged
political patron, Chris Uba. Uba's brother
is one of the president's closest aides.
Anambra is one of more than a dozen
states where there was widespread
rigging in the 2003 general elections,
which returned Obasanjo for a second
term in office.
Earlier in October, one of Africa's most
prominent literary icons, Chinua Achebe,
rejected a national honour from the
Nigerian government citing the political
crisis in his home state of Anambra.
Civil rights groups have accused
Obasanjo, a former military ruler, of
running a "civilian dictatorship" in
Africa's most populous nation, a charge
the president denies.
This is Obasanjo to say the least. The drama continues and the Confab is a good weapon to address all the inequalities been experienced by Nigerians. Like Aruleba of AIT said today, 'Are we sure this is not borne out of loyalty issue
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Swaburu: 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is an indication that d pdp may fail @ 2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by kulumo: 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
ocelot2006:

Sorry if am wrong, something inside of me tells me you're a beneficiary of GEJ corruption. This is where you should judge yourself, ask yourself if 2million Nigeria will say the same thing about their president. Am sorry to say you are either blind or something is wrong with your good sense of judgement if you think the country is moving in the right direction. Am much as corruption can be seen and felt everywhere, the highest form of corruption lies with the people of Nigeria; who can see the acts of corruptions but has refuse to do something about it. You can abuse OBJ for all you care but the old man has said his own and has done his bits for his father's land but here this, something is coming at you very soon if things don't change in Nigeria. All those houses and work you are talking about will all be destroyed in one day if this pase of corruption and insecurity continues. For OBJ, only heaven knows how much longer he has on earth, but posterity will tell, that he has tried his bit . For the younger generations, this is our moment of reality, we must take decisive measure to end corruption so our children will still have a Nigeria they can call their own. No offense meant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly / I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.