Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

"We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi (30287 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Governor Rotimi Amechi And Family / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / Caption This Photo Of Governor Rotimi Amaechi Dancing Explosively At A Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:30am On Dec 15, 2013
Arouser:

With those armed guards? Try it and see what will happen. The point is, there is never an opportunity to stone a corrupt politician in Naija. You will be beaten to a pulp and thrown in jail. Nobody wants to be a scapegoat. Naija people are also hypocrites. Most people commenting on this thread will gladly receive monetary gift from Amaechi and his cohorts.

So Amaechi's speech was propaganda afterall.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by deletrue: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2013
Can you imagine a leader (state governor) callling for stonning! To him that is the most popular way of correcting bad situations. So primitive indeed. These are the leasders some will follow. Just evaluate his suggestion, to stone corrupt puplic office holders. Isn't this the lowest level of reasoning! He is fast infected by the Housa way of life.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by AreaFada2: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2013
But we all know that until the polilooters get the Rawlings treatment nothing will change.

Now that we the masses are reminded about our cowardice, maybe things will change.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by KwoiZabo(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2013
Truth coming from a frustrated politician sadTruth coming from a frustrated politician
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by chardino(m): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2013
Yes I like this... We have to start wit you Gov. Ameachi, you said in 2007 that you will be saving 1billion naira each month for the rainy days yet you always ask your rubber stamp assembly to approval to borrow money. You promise us steady power supply since 2007. 95% of de road in Obio/apkor are very Bad monorail how far....? Etc.

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Afroconnect: 10:33am On Dec 15, 2013
So true...If Nigerians despise these corrupt politicians and treat them like the lowlifes they are corruption will decrease.
If criminal politicians are scorned and pelted with eggs and stones.
If they are chastised by preachers,and Religious leaders instead of being praised and honoured with front row seats and acknowledgements Nigeria will change speedily.
Its shameful we live like zombies,for praising,protesting for and supporting people that causes our sufferings...it is the height of slave mentality and ignorance and poverty is the cause of this-sad.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by chadnezzar0worl(m): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2013
[/i]another mumu on d loose! He does not mean literal stoning! He means holding them accountable, like Mandela rightfully said, the youth of this country needs to be angrier and demand more from their leaders! If not for the massive looting nd insincerity of our leaders, u would ve been exposed to quality education, nd understanding the statement or figure of speech, would not ve been a big deal for you, [i]
LausDeo: Very stupid and nonsense talk. Is he asking us to be unruly? That we should take the laws into our hands? Very stupid attempt at justifying the unjustifiable
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 15, 2013
He wants the masses to stone those guarded by armed police and soldiers? This man wicked O
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Whizkeey(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2013
Ok o we don hear, boko haram peeps hope ure listening to diz
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by ochukoccna: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2013
chadnezzar0worl: [i][/i]A dull Nation! A foolish people, highlighted by the number of likes on this post! When will our country stop attacking the messengers nd pay attention to the message. I guess is Jesus was on earth today, nd chided our corrupt leaders, some Nigerians would still seek to cast aspersions on his person, rather than ask questions of their leaders! The truth be told, until we start to ask questions of those in power, and demand accountability, this joke of a country would continue to drown, amidst abundance of human and natural resources! Like Mandela said, we ought to be angrier and demand more! But rather we re suffering and smiling! With stones in our hands, ready to attack the next man, in respective of who he is, that demands d rights of the masses.
Thank you man!
Amaechi might have been crude in the way he spoke but his message was simple and had meaning [to those who had ears] despite its crudeness i.e. [size=18pt]SHUN ETHNIC,POLITICAL & RELIGIOUS CLEAVAGES AND HOLD ALL PUBLIC LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY DO IN YOUR NAME[/size]
Yet replies to what he said have thrown up this cleavages and you wonder why they keep pissing in our faces and laughing to their account officers
A person [Nigerian politician] comes to your house empty handed yet he's leaving with Ghana must Go sacks and all other containers full of goods yet you stand at the gate and wave goodbye to him embarassed embarassed undecided undecided
Lagbaja was right, Nigeria is a mumudom cool cool

3 Likes

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by lolade123: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2013
Now this is getting very serious. Some days ago Aliyu Babangida said lecturers wouldn't have been on strike if only politicians stole less.Today Amaechi is saying we are all cowards.I have read Mandela's interview on the situation of things in Nigeria.I think it high time for the Nigerian youth to take up the revolution/crusade against these politicians and public office holders.The future of this country is in our hands and we must redefine our destiny to take Nigeria to her rightful positions in the league of nations.
If u haven't read the Mandela's interview, please kindly do.Happy Sunday to you all.

3 Likes

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by chinex276(m): 10:36am On Dec 15, 2013
c wat frustration can cause... it make u say d obvious truth. btw dis dude nd all politicians r making real fun ov us!

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by fboycaestro(m): 10:37am On Dec 15, 2013
I think many of us don't understand where Amaechi is really coming from. What he simply means is we standing against all forms of corruptions. Satnding against corruption shouldn't be focused on political office holders alone but the judges that are in charge of their cases. They keep adjourning the case until we forget totally about the case, now to the office holders, its no more news that each an everyone of them takes from the national cake without minding what happens to the people they represent. I don't think we need to throw stone but what is needed is that the legislatiors include in our constitution that there should be a capital punishment for any public office holder caught to have siphoned the public funds, I know this will never happen in Nigeria but I bet you not until we have something stiff like this Nigeria will never experience change. I don't need to remind us pending cases we still have in court.

Farouq Lawan(Adhoc commitee on fuel subsidy)
Tukur & Arisekola Sons(fuel subsidy fraud)
Babalakin(Ibori's accompanies on fraud)
Stella oduah(#225m armoured cars)

All these people are still walking free,God help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 15, 2013
Now somebody is blaming the citizens for their poor performance. It is like a criminal telling you he steals because he knows you will not arrest him . Bwahaha... Funny enough he is taking a cue from the latest interview did by a Sharareporter on Nelson Mandela to make himself look appealing. How in the hell is kleptomaniac speaking as though he is not aware of his sickness. Not until they change their ways and make changes the bad habit of stealing in Nigerian politicians will remain due to tribalism, self-centered, greed, and primitiveness. There is no amount of stoning that can remove those not until people suffering from them seek for cure by doing a thorough soul-search and change.

Thank you.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by victorazy(m): 10:39am On Dec 15, 2013
phantom: amaechi and his guts! lol

No gut, no glory my broda
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Bizibi(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2013
Dis guy is just playing politics but Nigerians should stop this suffering and smiling attitude it is not helping us in anyway instead it is an advantage fr dose beasts to do anything they want bcuz they feel we helpless and can't do anything without them
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by mrlaw93(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2013
The death of Mandela may lead to revolution in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by tomakint: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2013
kennypoka2: APC make dis man ur presidential candidate for 2015.. dis is d kind of leaders we need can't even get one tin rite in his administration.make amaechi d presidential candidate for 2015 den follow it with Fashola In d next one.. I bliv d change is coming either by force or by wat amaechi just said.. ma country will surely change..
So you too fell for this? undecided if you take those words of Amaechi to heart, I'l be happy to tell u that, 'you have just been gamed' cool

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Presbulg(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2013
Pls, hold me, else? I'll kill somebody.

I dey vex

:@
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by victorazy(m): 10:45am On Dec 15, 2013
lolade123: Now this is getting very serious. Some days ago Aliyu Babangida said lecturers wouldn't have been on strike if only politicians stole less.Today Amaechi is saying we are all cowards.I have read Mandela's interview on the situation of things in Nigeria.I think it high time for the Nigerian youth to take up the revolution/crusade against these politicians and public office holders.The future of this country is in our hands and we must redefine our destiny to take Nigeria to her rightful positions in the league of nations.
If u haven't read the Mandela's interview, please kindly do.Happy Sunday to you all.

Bros are u planing to go and stone person who guarded himself with Mpolice and soldiers? I no follow o!
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by oduaboy1: 10:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Billyonaire: A tout in Government house, see how low Wole Soyinka has gone to embrace an uncultured tout cos of penny penny.
This is the type of moronic comments you get when mentally deranged paupers are given unfettered access to the internet,

3 Likes

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Haaaaaaaa!
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by mrlaw93(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2013
The death of Mandela may cos revolution in Nigeria
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by johnwell(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2013
whether you call him a thief or a bigot, i don't care, this man is saying the truth. Many things are happening in this country, our sensless & evil minded leaders are putting-up wrong laws everyday but we (the youths) keep quiet over it... Imagine the new automobile importation bill, endorsed by our ogas@the top.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by akanbiaa(m): 10:51am On Dec 15, 2013
I respect this man a lot although have never been to rivers state but have watched events he is a progressive governor he is willing to sacrifice himself if Nigerians can make a step to overcome cowardise and hold public holders accountable.
whether he stole or not what he said is true and I think its high time we hold our leaders accountable if we really desire change if not the descendants of the present thieving class will continue and the generation of those keeping kite now will be enslaved and the circle continues till perhaps one day out of frustration hunger unemployment when pushed to the extreme makes some brave people react and protest at the cost of sacrificing their lives if need be.

2 Likes

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by phantom(m): 10:51am On Dec 15, 2013
deletrue: Can you imagine a leader (state governor) callling for stonning! To him that is the most popular way of correcting bad situations. So primitive indeed. These are the leasders some will follow. Just evaluate his suggestion, to stone corrupt puplic office holders. Isn't this the lowest level of reasoning! He is fast infected by the Housa way of life.
this is why comprehension is part of our curriculum.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2013
Why stone when I can blast ur brains out with a pump action......4kers
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by johnwell(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2013
odua boy: This is the type of moronic comments you get when mentally deranged paupers are given unfettered access to the internet,

God bless you!!!
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by sage2(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2013
kennypoka2: APC make dis man ur presidential candidate for 2015.. dis is d kind of leaders we need not some weakling DAT can't even get one tin rite in his administration. I swear I c dis country changing, make amaechi d presidential candidate for 2015 den follow it with Fashola In d next one.. I bliv d change is coming either by force or by wat amaechi just said.. ma country will surely change..

Why not Buhari, Ribadu, or El-rufai? Must it always be the south?
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2013
This guy is just calling for all the masses to be wiped off the face of naija, if not why would he ask the masses to stone those guarded by armed police and soldiers? Chei! this man wicked O
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by yellowmanDey: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2013
Am Yet to see the likes of Zacchaeus the Task Collector In the Bible Days (LUKE 19 Vs 1 to 10),Who Worked for the Govt Or was a Political Office Holder during his days,After Encountering Jesus Christ ( As most of them Now do Go to Churches/Mosques without Repentance ) Got Repented & Restituted all He had ever Stolen From the People & the Govt.

I for one Don't Believe in any of the Political Parties Or any Politician in Naija,they are Bounch of Selfish Wolfs,non had or will ever have any good intentions & Purposes for the Nation & the Masses

If any of them Both in the Ruling Party Or the Once Claiming to Be the New Messiah Party & the rest of them Continues Preaching Hypocritical Messages Or Trying to make people Believe they are the Only One without Blamish,without Applying "ZACCHAEUS DE TASK COLLECTOR METHOD" Let them all Go & Bury their Heads In Shame!

Let me ask them this Simply question ( all the self acclaimed Politicians Past & Present ) How Did you Acquire all your Wealth,Chains of. Business Companies,Mansions,Luxuarious Machine Cars,Oil Wells,Private Jets,Banks Fat Account both in Naija & Outside Naija Or they want to tell Us is their Salary Package

First of all,they Should Return all their Stolen Wealth Both Cash & Properties ( that is RESTITUTION ) and tender their Resignation & Step Down from all their Official Post,then they are qualified to Preach the Message of "PURE & BLAMELESS"

You Don't Seat On Or Possesses What is Not Rightfully Yours & Tell Others to Return What Is Not theirs Or you accuse Others Of Same Sin & Wrong both of you are into,Is Highly Hypocritical & Unacceptable Before God & Man
Jesus Said in Matthew 7 Vs 1 to 5 "Hypocrite! First Remove the PLANK From Your Own Eye and then You Will See Clearly to Remove the SPECK From Your Brothers Eye"

I Believe in Restitution,Sincerity,Equity & Equal Justice
To all & Until Our Leaders & Politicians Start living by Example,I refuse to Believe in any of their Hypocritical Statements & life style,my Opion must not Count,But one Day God will do to them what he did to PHARAOH of EGYPT,NEBUCHADNEZZAR of BABYLON & KING HEROD OF JEW!

God is not a Man,that he should lie!

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by carlos1(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2013
citizenY: He who has ears let him here. We should smash Aso Rock, National Assembly , Nnpc, federal secretariat etc and stone them with the rubble.

LET THIS MAN BE THE FIRST TO BE PELTED. WE START FROM RIVERS STATE.

Nobody should dare touch my rotimi amaechi. Dnt even think of it else.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel / LIVE: NBM Of Africa 43rd National Convention & 16th Annual Lecture / Man Treks From Abeokuta To Lagos For Tinubu, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.