Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

"We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi (30290 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Governor Rotimi Amechi And Family / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / Caption This Photo Of Governor Rotimi Amaechi Dancing Explosively At A Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by SlamDunk(m): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
veloce: another mumu on d loose! He does not mean literal stoning! He means holding them accountable, like Mandela rightfully said, the youth of this country needs to be angrier and demand more from their leaders! If not for the massive looting nd insincerity of our leaders, u would ve been exposed to quality education, nd understanding the statement or figure of speech, would not ve been a big deal for you.

You said my mind. We don't need to stone anyone but let have apeaceful protest and demand for accountability in a civilised manner
We shouldn't resort to violent and give the other people the right to come back.remember Egypt Libya etc they will never be the same again. No violence pls.

I rly don't want to believe he thought he meant literal stoning..lol, he can't be that mumucious.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by andyanders: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Amechi is very RIGHT despite what and how people will view his comment, he is right as these politicians each has stolen public money from this country as most of them are richer than some countries in the world.
No politician in Nigeria that is worth less than $5 trillion dollars.
They have their companies outside the shores of this country.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by chadnezzar0worl(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
[i][/i]Thanks boss, I appreciate!
Lordlexyy: Very sensible sir, void of hypocrisy. I raised my hat for you.

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Lordlexyy: 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
chucky234: I opened a thread on politics section year on we can team up to fight the injustics and ill-treament met out to the masses daily by our leaders but all nlanders could do was throw insults at me for raising such issue, this will remain where it is until we learn to put sentiment aside and stand for the truth.
Even few of us who have had the opportunity to travel to few countries and witness first hand the level of development there,the most painful part is those countries are not as rich or blessed as Nigeria yet we applaud GEJ for publicly budgeting N1bm for his annual feeding allowance while millions of Nigerians are languishing in poverty.
South Africa presently generate 40,000MW of electricity to serve its 46m population while the self-acclaimed giant of Africa is currently on 2,300MW after billions of dollars spent by GEJ and Prof Nnaji and now Nebo.
Things are far worst than OBJ left them in 2007 yet some chronic goons were quick to condemned his letter to Jonathan, OBJ left Nigeria debt free but today our external debt stands at $10bn.
What about the billions of dollars the CBN is accussing NNPC of not remitting over a long period of time yet we praise Dieziani for being a performing minister, is that to say that she and GEJ are not aware of where the billions of dollars is going?
We need to put sentiment aside and make our voice heard collectively, any GEJ loyalist can quote me as I'm fully ready to fight back.
I absolutely share your passion chucky. We musn't give up at this critical time cos that will amount to morgaging our destiny. I realised that, most times, good things always attract distractions. I would suggest that you ressurect the thread once again. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by caprini: 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
A polite insult to Nigerians.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by donpapa(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Amaechi may not be saint, but he has been making sense to some large extent. the things he complains about concerning governance, the wanton loot by this govt. is what has turned him a black sheep and why the presidency wants to see him down at all cost.... just look at what is happening in Thailand right now. Look at the public pressure on the leader of that nation. the people even cut power to the PM's office. She dissolves cabinet and election is set for February next year. peoples power counts.. majority of Nigerians are so improverished and are used to suffering and corruption that they do not want a change from our elected leaders. this is the reason why Nigerian political terrain is full of thieves, thugs and clueless retards. If not why must some people still have problem with what Amaechi has said in this report?

4 Likes

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by juniorades: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Amaechi, adams oshiomole are d best courageous political holders....pls open ur eyes now...

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by yellowmanDey: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
Am Yet to see the likes of Zacchaeus the Task Collector In the Bible Days (LUKE 19 Vs 1 to 10),Who Worked for the Govt Or was a Political Office Holder during his days,After Encountering Jesus Christ ( As most of them Now do Go to Churches/Mosques without Repentance ) Got Repented & Restituted all He had ever Stolen From the People & the Govt.

I for one Don't Believe in any of the Political Parties Or any Politician in Naija,they are Bounch of Selfish Wolfs,non had or neither will they ever have any good intentions & Purposes for the Nation & the Masses

If any of them Both in the Ruling Party Or the Once Claiming to Be the New Messiah Party & the rest of them Continues Preaching Hypocritical Messages Or Trying to make people Believe you are the Only One without Blamish,without Applying "ZACCHAEUS DE TASK COLLECTOR METHOD" Let them all Go & Bury their Heads In Shame!

Let me ask them this Simply question ( all the self acclaimed Politicians Past & Present ) How Did you Acquire all your Wealth,Chains of Companies,Mansions,Luxuarious Machine Cars,Oil Wells,Private Jets,Banks Fat Account both in Naija & Outside Naija Or they want to tell Us is their Salaries

First of all,they Should Return all their Stolen Wealth Both Cash & Properties ( that is RESTITUTION ) and tender their Resignation & Step Down from all their Official Post,then they are qualified to Preach the Message "PURE & BLAMELESS"

You Don't Seat On Or Possesses What is Not Rightfully Yours & Tell Others to Return What Is Not theirs Or you accuse Others Of Same Sin & Wrong both of you are into,Is Highly Hypocritical & Unacceptable Before God & Man ( MATTHEW 7 Vs 1 to 5 )

God Is Not a Man that he should Lie!
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by GentleFrank(m): 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okay ooo !
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by kayus9ja(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Oh yeah ? So its cool for you to insult GEJ but not cool to insult WS ? I get it.
But u can't compare an intellectual with a mere politician no matter d office he is holding. 2 be a nobel prize holder no be beans abeg sentiments apart o,hw many Nigerians have d prize? But there are past heads of state here & there
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by clint77ng: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Akinmail:

seriously anyone that has enough brain to make a million naira would not think the way you do.
Gej is a public office holder and he gets paid his salary with taxpayers money.
Wole soyinka? He lives in a small bush house in abeokuta and dosen't care about your money.
How old are you.
I'm 18 years old.
If he is 18, then you r 11. So WS shd not be insulted cos he lives in a small bush in a yoruba village while u insult d pres cos he lives in aso rock? Let amaechi go ahead and cause problems in Naija but shd know dat no one will be spared wen d volcano erupts.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by uzeba(m): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Governor Amaechi is trying to lead us to the true direction, he has just spoken the truth, if Nigerians is waiting for one pastor or an imam to say the truth, we will be wasting our time, the governor is trying to tell us that Nigerians are the ones celebrating looters instead of crucifying them...
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by uzeba(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
How do you stone someone who drives arround in $45 Million bulletproof armour vehicle?
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by onyibajoe(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
deletrue: Can you imagine a leader (state governor) callling for stonning! To him that is the most popular way of correcting bad situations. So primitive indeed. These are the leasders some will follow. Just evaluate his suggestion, to stone corrupt puplic office holders. Isn't this the lowest level of reasoning! He is fast infected by the Housa way of life.
My friend, Go and die! Has breeze ever blown anything like metaphor or simile across the roof of any classroom you have sat in your life? Everybody must post something to enrich the thread.

1 Like

Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by tete7000(m): 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
They are not stoned because many ordinary people are busy looking for little to steal.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by chucky234(m): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lordlexyy: I absolutely share your passion chucky. We musn't give up at this critical time cos that will amount to morgaging our destiny. I realised that, most times, good things always attract distractions. I would suggest that you ressurect the thread once again. Thanks.
Thanks bro, shows there are still brave men with the heart of a lion out there.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Kingspin(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2013
fr3do: I love this man
The man hates you.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by Bonga4: 11:23am On Dec 16, 2013
So Amechi is now advocating that we all load up our buckets with stones ready for attack just to forestall any more incidents of embezzlement by public officers?
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by benson81(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2013
If we begin to stone we will stone all those his commissioners and advisers who are acquiring so much properties everywhere even assembly members who have acquired all those wealth illegaly.they come out and say anything in the name of politics forgeting we knew them before they came into power.we see the mansions they have built in PH while still in govt.we are not fools.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by gsalvatore: 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
clip: Imagine Ameachi as the President of Nigeria. The man will be brutal but achieve great development.
I draw my conclusion from being the governor of Rivers State. He crushed all opposition. Eg ex Okirika LGA chairman and Obio Akpor.
Development: Massive Road Project,Health Center,Schools etc
What do you mean by great development? Stop praising the man indirectly, do you mean that all the roads in Rivers state are world class road together with the medical centers? Can Amaechi go to the medical centers he built for treatment? Oga we need state of the art infrastructures not some sub standard ones that the next governors will come and start building/repairing again just to tell the populace that he is building roads.

Most governors are retards,and have no standards, NO NEED praising them.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by clip: 2:27am On Dec 17, 2013
gsalvatore: What do you mean by great development? Stop praising the man indirectly, do you mean that all the roads in Rivers state are world class road together with the medical centers? Can Amaechi go to the medical centers he built for treatment? Oga we need state of the art infrastructures not some sub standard ones that the next governors will come and start building/repairing again just to tell the populace that he is building roads.

Most governors are retards,and have no standards, NO NEED praising them.

When I see something better I acknowledge it/them. Rumuola road, old Aba road,Elekahia road,Ada George road,Waja -LNG link road.
At least, one health centre in each LGA
Primary School reconstructed
.It is not that he does not have his short coming like Monorail Project,, multiple taxes
But in all, the man perform better than his predecessor .
Let's not play politics with the truth.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by gsalvatore: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
clip:

When I see something better I acknowledge it/them. Rumuola road, old Aba road,Elekahia road,Ada George road,Waja -LNG link road.
At least, one health centre in each LGA
Primary School reconstructed
.It is not that he does not have his short coming like Monorail Project,, multiple taxes
But in all, the man perform better than his predecessor .
Let's not play politics with the truth.

''perform better than his predecessor'' you think am here to look at retards that politick? really?
am not talking abt monorail or taxes, am talking about QUALITY bro.

Are you happy to see every governor making noise that he has built the same road his predecessor also claim to have built? cos am not. when do you think it will ever stop? listen bro....sometimes the TRUTH is not good enuff.

and besides...with all the oil allocation, this is what he can show? do you see any class or standards there? Mr. Truth.
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by LausDeo(m): 11:24am On Dec 23, 2013
chadnezzar0worl: [/i]another mumu on d loose! He does not mean literal stoning! He means holding them accountable, like Mandela rightfully said, the youth of this country needs to be angrier and demand more from their leaders! If not for the massive looting nd insincerity of our leaders, u would ve been exposed to quality education, nd understanding the statement or figure of speech, would not ve been a big deal for you, [i]
and if you used your brain, small as it is, while reading my post you'd know my point wasn't about stoning. It was about trying to justify the actual stealing. I guess you're one of those who blame the victim when a theft occurs. You'd probably say ''you shouldn't have put your phone where he can steal it now'' right? FOOL. Being in public office is no license to steal, whether or not you get 'stoned' for it. Also I used the word 'unruly' as I believe Amaechi wasn't talking about pursuing lawful and legal means to make the politicians responsibile for their actions, figure of speech or not. If you have the tiniest bit of sense, you will know he wasn't
Re: "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi by clip: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
gsalvatore:

''perform better than his predecessor'' you think am here to look at retards that politick? really?
am not talking abt monorail or taxes, am talking about QUALITY bro.

Are you happy to see every governor making noise that he has built the same road his predecessor also claim to have built? cos am not. when do you think it will ever stop? listen bro....sometimes the TRUTH is not good enuff.

and besides...with all the oil allocation, this is what he can show? do you see any class or standards there? Mr. Truth.

If you do not blow your trumpet nobody will do that for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Treks From Abeokuta To Lagos For Tinubu, Others / Retired Soldier Sets Self On Fire In Agege Lagos / Daniel Elombah Arrested Due To The Article He Wrote Against Buhari - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.