Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Operation No To Househelps 2014 - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Operation No To Househelps 2014 (16309 Views)

Shared Domestic Responsibilities Vs. Having Househelps / Why Do Some People Maltreat Their Househelps? / Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
ireneidiva:
your kids wear braids for eight weeks? And have a bath only at night? You need a maid!

Yeah so what? How long do you wear your braids? Or you think I live in a dusty environment like you? I put that up there as a bait for your likes. Rub your index finger behind your ear and show me what you find, and I repeat yes they bathe every night on weekdays , how many times do you take a bath in a day? Ye ye

2 Likes

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by peggykorol(f): 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bath kids just once a day
Oluwa is involved
Go get urself a help jare
Dusty environment ko
No wonder some kids smell then u begin to wonder

2 Likes

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin e no get wetin person no go hear for NL.
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
peggykorol: Bath kids just once a day
Oluwa is involved
Dusty environment ko

LOL, I won't join issues with your existing issues. Abeg move.

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by damiso(f): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Oluwa is involved
Dusty environment ko

Except kids have done activities i.e gym, p.e. etc why would you want to bathe kids more than once a day? You have a point with the dusty environment so maybe in Najja but I really will not bathe my kids more than once a day in -2 degrees.

Okay since it's still been hammered on, no one is saying having a help is bad just get an adult that is paid at least min wage.That said I wonder why some people find it difficult to believe you can cope without an house help .

Well not to be an hypocrite I used to also think that I could never cope without an house help as I grew up with them but guess what i actually am coping quite well. As I type my kids are in bed and I have about 2 or 3 hours to chill doing nothing if I so please.Its all planning and routine. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dami thank you ojare dear. My lo has been coughing, running nose and fever for over 2days now and I should bathe her more than once a day when it's below 40degrees outside? Alakoba ma pami lomo grin because they menstruate or have a gooey vaginàl discharge?? undecided

@nayers
It's non of my beeswax what you do with your house helps or your lives, if you like hug your couch all day.
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by peggykorol(f): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ewuro707:

LOL, I won't join issues with your existing issues. Abeg move.

Hahaha
For your mind
Make i face my existing issues ojare cheesy
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by armyofone(m): 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Not necessary bathing twice, it dries up natural body oil.
Once a day is enough esp at night.

Oluwa is involved
Dusty environment ko

3 Likes

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by baby124: 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
armyofone: Not necessary bathing twice, it dries up natural body oil.

This is true. It is advised not to over bath babies because of this. Once a day is good enough. Especially in cooler temperatures.

3 Likes

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nairaland cheesy

Ignoramus cheesy

As per braids on girls, I prefer big corn rolls. Like that it doesn't cut their hair while changing styles. Tiny braids is only for mummy smiley. Just weave 3 to 8 rolls and off you go. Or puff puff style with ribbons
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
armyofone: Not necessary bathing twice, it dries up natural body oil.

Pls this is not applicable to kids in hot and dusty environment. Those ones should bath 2times or more daily then invest in good oil for kids
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Toyinletstalk(f): 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
You are right Mogboya, very great tips, i think the main issue will be how to make the men do stuffs around the house. But if "getting a house maid" has been completely eliminated, they will have no choice but to lend a helping land.

1 Like

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Toyinletstalk(f): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
ireneidiva:
your kids wear braids for eight weeks? And have a bath only at night? You need a maid!

Just as Ewuro has said, you can wash the braids as often as you want it washed, then apply muse and oils to keep it shining and neat. Especially applying oil to the scalp is necessary.

1 Like

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

Pls this is not applicable to kids in hot and dusty environment. Those ones should bath 2times or more daily then invest in good oil for kids

Are those kids rolling in dirt? undecided abi not that same Naija you're talking about?
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 18, 2013
Toyinletstalk:

Just as Ewuro has said, you can wash the braids as often as you want it washed, then apply muse and oils to keep it shining and neat. Especially applying oil to the scalp is necessary.

I don't have a girl child now, but I'll say you are lucky if your baby girl allows the hair stylist to do the million braids. It takes special efforts to get my boys to remain calm for the 10 minutes or so they will be on the barber's chair not to talk of million braids!
Like someone suggested, making a few cornrows in a week won't take much time, doesn't cut much hair and the discomfort of a little girl sitting out a braiding session is not there.

2 Likes

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by ireneidiva(f): 7:03am On Dec 18, 2013
Ewuro707:

Yeah so what? How long do you wear your braids? Or you think I live in a dusty environment like you? I put that up there as a bait for your likes. Rub your index finger behind your ear and show me what you find, and I repeat yes they bathe every night on weekdays , how many times do you take a bath in a day? Ye ye

madam i wasn't trying to insult you or your kids. The eight wks braid will cause discomfort and cut their hair, you already said you wash it, so i wasn't talking about the smell. As for the bathing, once a day is ok, but morning will be better because of daily activities. Children grow up and get used to these things. Thats what i meant.

1 Like

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 18, 2013
Children in Nigeria definitely need a bath more than once a day,one in the morning,one after school. Kids smell differently after mingling with others in school, i hate that smell lingering all over my house when they are back from school,so they must hit the shower a second time.
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2013
I understand you Byvan but what impact would the am bath make since all the lingering stench has been washed off at night before bed? undecided just wondering
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2013
Bathing them immediately after school spares my nose the assaulting smell I perceive.

1 Like

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2013
grin okay oh I hear you. So one immediately the boots are off then one in the morning. Gotcha grin I see what you mean, that makes sense
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Ewuro707:

Are those kids rolling in dirt? undecided abi not that same Naija you're talking about?

Bathing kids in the morning freshens them up, afternoon after school you can pour water on them , no too much scrubbing to cool off themselves. Then proper scrubbing at niggt. In a dusty environment like Lagos, no matter the AC in your house you still get dust. Constant mopping. Kids are kids, they must play, they sweat too.
As for me, I always put myself in their shoes, if I'm not comfortable leaving the house without bathing, then my kids won't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2013
I didn't even see byvan reply cheesy.
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 18, 2013
@puting yourself in their shoes,Well, that's how you feel and rocks your boat I guess. I'm very sure my routine ship is sailing smoothly as you can see, my kids are okay with it. Yeah during summer they can jump in the pool as many times as they want during the day after school/weekends all day before bedtime routine.

I'm not forcing it on anyone, they are my prerogative smiley
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2013
@ Chillisauce, am sure you didn't wink.i scrub them immediately after school,i no fit do more than twice a day make I no get premature wrinkle abeg.

1 Like

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2013
byvan: @ Chillisauce, am sure you didn't wink.i scrub them immediately after school,i no fit do more than twice a day make I no get premature wrinkle abeg.

grin grin
Motherhood.
We will get there.

1 Like

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Funny women.
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Motherhood is the most difficult task in the world mehn! and kids these days are becoming more daring.Dealing with my son's incessant argument and questions alone is enough to make one go completely limp for the day.i no fit do house helps either,so alutacontinua cool.

1 Like

Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by babyme1(f): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Bathing kids once a day? HMmmn cheesy grin
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2013
byvan: Motherhood is the most difficult task in the world mehn! and kids these days are becoming more daring.Dealing with my son's incessant argument and questions alone is enough to make one go completely limp for the day.i no fit do house helps either,so alutacontinua cool.

Just keep telling him all he needs to know. Soon you guys will start debating.

For me any amount above 3 is too stressful
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2013
Pls don't use crockpot for beans o!
Na beg I dey beg una!
Very dangerous!
Google is ur friend if u want to know why.
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2013
@ Chillisauce, I have learnt to tune to my selective deafness when I can't answer,that way,he carries it over to his dad.This boy questions my calls shocked!!.
Re: Operation No To Househelps 2014 by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2013
There is no big deal in bathing kids once a day considering where u live and d weather there also.
Even midwives will preach against constantly bathing children.

As for d maid issue. I blame our parents and grand parents for starting it. But I thank God for couples we hv naw. We will get there. This rubbish will become a crime in naija one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Polygamy A Sin Among Christians Even For Pastors / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? / Don't Let Your Daughter Be Too Close To Their Pastor- Journalist Advises Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.