Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. (34163 Views)

A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Soul glo, if u r busy trying to argue the who, why and if in marriage, I will then say that u hv no reason getting married in d first place.
Let's stop all these we too know female bla bla bla and face fact and reallity.
We can write whatever we want to in an online forum but after reading that, lots of us will still go and do the needful.
Marriage is never a place for power tuzzle. Our culture and religion made it d way it is. The national assembly is a very good place to start d step of rewriting history if we want it so.
But since its yet a herculean task, a man rules d world, set d rules and that is how it is for now.
It will then be a story of once upon a time like in other countries.
Until we change d status quo which is very impossible for now, a little adjustment won't kill so as to hv a happy home else its better we stay off d institution called marriage.
you cannot determine how the world goes or who rules the world,but you can determine how your life should go,the nonsense you can takre and that which you cannot take. Remember,no one can disrespect you without your consent whether Nigeria is a barbaric society or a refined one.whether it is apes that writes our constitution or paedoph1les are our senator.i care less
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2013

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by EfemenaXY: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2013
I am a woman but going by what I've read on the last couple of threads of recent, I can whole-heartedly state that many girls going into marriage would do well to attend a couple of Victorian Finishing Schools for Ladies.

They desperately need to learn finesse and lady-like qualities. Fancy yelling and shouting at the top of their voices to get their point(s) across (in public / in front of their kids on a motor highway) especially to their husbands??

Even to the point where the minute they open their mouths, the neighbours instantly know that there's trouble in the horizon. Shameful stuff.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2013
faakay: No qualms as long as the hubby is ready to take her back.

Its called rehab.

During this period, she would miss her hubby and value him more.

Her mother will talk some senses into her brain... Like what do you do that makes him angry? Don't do..what do you do that makes him happy? Ok

Her mother will counsel her how to handle marital affairs in her matrimonial home, these are what you need to do to get the ball rolling in peace

So when she's back to her hubby, her senses will come back to her and her provoking attitude will decrease.

The man feels they need to talk some senses into her wifes brain since she doesn't want to listen to him which might result to violence and he's avoding it.
lmao gringrin nothing wey i no go see for nl.

Going for Rehabilitation shockedshockedshocked is that what it takes to live with a man.anyway thank God for people like my mother grin culture/societal crap should not determine the way you live your life.it is only when you are happy with yourself,in your inner man that you can be fulfilled.if marriage will make you a happier woman,fine,so be it but if you know you will count your losses more than your blessings,you better run,anyway,everything boils down to priority.if marriage is more importnat than your hapiness and living your life for yourself,fine and if its the other way round,fine.

The day you let man be the determining factor of your hapiness and sucess as an individual,then you are in for it
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 17, 2013
Efemena_xy: I am a woman but going by what I've read on the last couple of threads of recent, I can whole-heartedly state that many girls going into marriage would do well to attend a couple of Victorian Finishing Schools for Ladies.

They desperately need to learn finesse and lady-like qualities. Fancy yelling and shouting at the top of their voices to get their point(s) across (in public / in front of their kids on a motor highway) especially to their husbands??

Even to the point where the minute they open their mouths, the neighbours instantly know that there's trouble in the horizon. Shameful stuff.
in your own school of thought i guess women should only be seen and not heard.they shouldnt have a voice and an opinion,their husbands word is final,all others are unreasonable.if that be so,animals will best be their companion

gentle men school of training for violence and anger management nko?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by EfemenaXY: 8:22am On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: in your own school of thought i guess women should only be seen and not heard.they shouldnt have a voice and an opinion,their husbands word is final,all others are unreasonable.if that be so,animals will best be their companion

gentle men school of training for violence and anger management nko?

The issue here isn't about the woman getting fed up with the man's mode of communication. It's the other way round.

And it's not about being seen and not heard. I'm talking about decorum - ever heard that word? A woman doesn't have to shout and rave to get her point across. Infact, that would only set her husband's back up against her and even if he did agree or was prone to agreeing with her points, the fact that she put them across so disrespectfully is enough for him to kick against them or block his ears to reason.

Men have pride too you know. Besides a smart woman knows how to get the impossible from her man without ever having to raise her voice. Ask the men around here and let's see who'll agree that his woman / wife / girlfriend succeeds in getting what she wants from them by shouting and yelling at them.

Kulyie, when something's bad, admit it. Stop covering up crass and uncouth behaviour in blind and quite frankly, mis-directed feminine support. It is rude to yell and shout at another human being - kids, your mates, friends, parents and moreso, your husband!

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by EfemenaXY: 8:26am On Dec 17, 2013
^^ CC forget that one sef.

Did you get to watch the program From Ladettes to Ladies?

Those fish-mouthed, shirt-tearing, knife-wielding creatures who call themselves married women need a good dose of training from those schools. A little bit of flower arranging to calm their frayed nerves is an extra bonus which won't go amiss.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2013
K, if u r fighting for a cause, fight for the right reasons.

I can remember a post where u called a military man to beat up a trader simply bc he touched ur bombom. What u did was not better than what u r accusing some men of here. Pls don't throw stone if u live in a glass house.
This man sent d wife home to learn character. Maybe u r yet to c that type of women around u. I am a woman but cannot support foolishness from a fellow woman bc I want to support my gender.

Some pple hv been sent home to go and learn how to prepare a good meal not to talk of this.
We claim and want equality but we can never achieve it with this mindset. Great female pacesetters uses their brain, not their mouth.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Djtm(m): 8:37am On Dec 17, 2013
Efemena_xy: I am a woman but going by what I've read on the last couple of threads of recent, I can whole-heartedly state that many girls going into marriage would do well to attend a couple of Victorian Finishing Schools for Ladies.

exactly! I see a lot of teenage girls and I already know what type of wives they'll become later. Yelling women are very annoying! Only God knows what the man has been enduring for two years that the last resort was to drop her with her parents to train her. Although, it is an insult to the woman's family, they should also bear the insult since they refused to train their child in the first instance. I believe that by the time the woman returns to her husband's house, she would have been refined as they would have spoken sense into her head. It's better than hitting or divorcing her.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by onegig(m): 8:37am On Dec 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

The issue here isn't about the woman getting fed up with the man's mode of communication. It's the other way round.

And it's not about being seen and not heard. I'm talking about decorum - ever heard that word? A woman doesn't have to shout and rave to get her point across. Infact, that would only set her husband's back up against her and even if he did agree or was prone to agreeing with her points, the fact that she put them across so disrespectfully is enough for him to kick against them or block his ears to reason.

Men have pride too you know. Besides a smart woman knows how to get the impossible from her man without ever having to raise her voice. Ask the men around here and let's see who'll agree that his woman / wife / girlfriend succeeds in getting what she wants from them by shouting and yelling at them.

Kulyie, when something's bad, admit it. Stop covering up crass and uncouth behaviour in blind and quite frankly, mis-directed feminine support. It is rude to yell and shout at another human being - kids, your mates, friends, parents and moreso, your husband!
abi.... why do you have to yell when am not deaf? Even doing it to the point that neigbours now know whenever there is a disagreement.

People have been saying "sit her down " "sit her down"

How do you communicate and resolve issues if she wont allow you even talk without shouting?

Abeg sending her back home is good perharps she would listen to her parents since she cant be talked to by her partner.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by pickabeau1: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2013
True.. even customarily this is not right

The parents of the woman have suffered indignities on account of their daughter ..

kulyie: exactly.its illiterate women that this nonsense always happen to.i doubt whether she has a stable job with a stable income.i hardly hear of educated and empowered girls go through this disgusting indignities.

Thats why i pity this girls that their parents will tell,go to school and be sneaking out of school to see their boyfriends.thinking they are outsmarting their parents.before 17,they don turn them to apere ajase with children they dont know who their father is and at 21,their parents just push them into any semi illiterate man to marry so she doesnt turn liability in their house.

Shiooorrrr.aseni shey ara e
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2013
chaircover: These are just assumptions here, but I would have thought that the man had already done all the talking and cajoling, he would have also made a few complaints to her people but with no changes before finally taking her back home.

The only 2 reasons why he will wake up one morning and send a good and innocent wife back home is either he is mad or he is having an affair and he wants his wife out of the picture.

For him to do what he did at that point he probably cant think of anything else to do. Would we rather he started beating her or started legal divorce proceedings to divorce her? Should he throw her stuff out on the street? He took her back to her parents . . .not a good thing but out of all the other options this is the safest for her right now.

If the parents have already been told about their daughters excesses in the past, and no changes were seen, then they shouldn't be offended.

Either way, the marriage was heading for doom anyway, even if he left her in his house and things will eventually come to a head and boiled over.

They should all see it as a separation rather than a divorce and use the time to better themselves both husband and wife.

If she doesn't want to be home with her parents due to the humiliation if she sees it that way, then she can go and rent her own place. Its not by force that she stays with her parents.
CC, from what I was told about this kind of case, the man must hv complained, called the middleman, call family member, done lots of things but yet, nothing. If he can't endure again d only option is dumping her at her parents house. Its mostly the last option.
In cases like this, nobody ever support the woman. If she can't be humbled thru this way, then all hope is lost.
One I know of was bundled home by d husbands kingsmen. After staying home for like a year, nobody told her to behave. She was read the riot act b4 going back to the city again.

Bla bla bla doesn't solve a problem, stubborness doesn't pay, bad mouth doesn't make u smart. Use ur head and still get what u want from ur man 100%
A lot of women indirectly controls the affairs of their house simply becos they bend low. Most of these big shots we hv r married and glued to their wives. Wives indirectly control them but we wouldn't know. Its not achieved by razor mouth, but simply applying wisdom.

Nawaa o, I do dey fear our gals. What is really happening?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by bellong: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2013
Miner13:
Nop.
Still with her parent coz the husband threaten to do something silly if they try sending her without a change.

Well, if this action achieves what he wants and the two can live happily ever after, then he did what is right for his home. I only hope he did it with the right intent.

I wish them both speedy recovery from this impasse and hope they both learn from their mistakes for a happy ending. That's all that matters now. Crying over spilled milk counts as nothing but forging ahead from here is what matters.

If you know the guy, advise him to seek a periodic report from the wife's family so they know he is still interested in their daughter except for her attitude. I wish them goodluck
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2013
soul_glo: I am learning a lot from married people. So if I marry a Nigerian man can I send him back to his father to retrain him if I end up being stuck with all the financial responsibilities for a while? Obviously no one trained him as to what an African man is expected to do for his family. I should call my father in law and his brothers to come take him and not bring him back until he is ready to step up and be a man.

You never see anything. Very tiny difference between most Nigerians and animals in Africa.
Animals in western world behave and have morals more than an average Nigerian. grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by onegig(m): 9:02am On Dec 17, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

Bla bla bla doesn't solve a problem, stubborness doesn't pay, bad mouth doesn't make u smart. Use ur head and still get what u want from ur man 100%
A lot of women indirectly controls the affairs of their house simply becos they bend low. Most of these big shots we hv r married and glued to their wives. Wives indirectly control them but we wouldn't know. Its not achieved by razor mouth, but simply applying wisdom.

Nawaa o, I do dey fear our gals. What is really happening?
Most ladies dont understand that simple secret. A man always has a soft spot, discover this and he would answer to your whims and caprices.

The yorubas have a simple saying that your bulkiness or largeness does not open a door ,its someone with the key that unlocks the door. Its that simple. You dont need to shout , huff and puff before you get what you want. Wisdom is the key.

And before the feminists pound on me am not saying you should go pandering but use your wisdom. There is a reason God gave you that brain . Use it.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by bellong: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2013
Chillisauce:
You never see anything. Very tiny difference between most Nigerians and animals in Africa.
Animals in western world behaves and have morals more than an average Nigerians. grin

Like the lion that attacked and killed her welfare officer in a Californian zoo to mention only one..

I know that what you typed up there is a joke. However, you wrote it forgetting that you and the person you quoted are both average Nigerians at best... grin grin Do I take the statement to include you? grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by bellong: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2013
onegig:
The yorubas have a simple saying that your bulkiness or largeness does not open a door ,its someone with the key that unlocks the door. Its that simple. You dont need to shout , huff and puff before you get what you want. Wisdom is the key.

Depending on the door.. A little force can open most doors... grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by pickabeau1: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2013
@chilli funny post as usual

I assume you don't have family in nigeria anymore or that you did not come through these same animals

grin

@ypp.. One thing common to you and cc's post is that the man has good intentions and has involved the elders in his wife's case.

That may be wrong

His intent may be to get a new wife and why do we think he was not beating her before he bundled her off

The op has more info he does not want to share
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2013
Tactical separation until the woman calms down.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 17, 2013
bellong:

Like the lion that attacked and killed her welfare officer in a Californian zoo to mention only one..

I know that what you typed up there is a joke. However, you wrote it forgetting that you and the person you quoted are both average Nigerians at best... grin grin Do I take the statement to include you? grin grin grin

If you like include me, no wahala. But I'm not joking.
I will believe the guy is in the 1920's. This age sending someone back to her family? Na wa o.

I blame the woman's parents. That's what you get when you don't instill value to your daughters. When you think her value ends in kitchen, no financial responsibility whatever.
I bet she has no kobo in her wallet to even rent an apartment. cheesy
Nothing!
None to even start life afresh.
Truth remains the man is tired and looking for a milder way to divorce her without compensation.
Next the family will return her bride price to him.

OPOKO!
cheesy
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by onegig(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2013
bellong:

Depending on the door.. A little force can open most doors... grin grin

yes true!

but what happens after you barge open that door with force might not be desirable.

how is things at that end?

Good i presume?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2013
No doubt its rude to shout and yell at anybody irrespective of gender and age but sending a woman back to her parents house,what do they call that.
grin

The bible refers to the men that put their hands in the plough and look back as what? I am not covering up evil but stewpeedity pisses me off.i thought they call that over hyped institution for better for worse.there is no marriage devoid of crisis and lapses from both parties but solving the issue in extreme measures solves nothing.for example if mr husband is down with cancer,the woman should run back to her parents and say i dont know how to care for a cancer patient,i cant cope and flees with her kids abi.is it not that the woman will go to any extent to ensure the man gets back to his normal self.no woman shouts and yells for nothing.it means there is something the man is doing that is paining her and its juat the way she can express what is paining her.why cant the man listen between the lines of her shouting and make necessary changes.why do africans feel once a woman is married she doesnt have choice a right to feelings etc.smh.orisirisi

with all this nonsense going on i still see many fat women,or does ot mean its the marital chaos thats making them add weight
may God have mercy on African women and a sucess of a woman means the sucess of a man.oshi nle pako
Efemena_xy:

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2013
Chillisauce:

I will believe the guy is in the 1920's. This age sending someone back to her family? Na wa o.

I blame the woman's parents. That's what you get when you don't instill value to your daughters. When you think her value ends in kitchen, no financial responsibility whatever.
I bet she has no kobo in her wallet to even rent an apartment. :Dbefore nko..i guess she falls into the category of baba bisi,owo obe ti tan o.baba bisi,owo pampers ti tan o lipsrsealed
Nothing!
Truth remains the man is tired and looking for a milder way to divorce her without compensation.

OPOKO!
cheesy
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2013
Chillisauce:

I bet she has no kobo in her wallet to even rent an apartment. :Dbefore nko. I guess she falls into the category of baba bisi owo obe ti tan o,baba bisi,owo pampers ti tan o
Nothing!

OPOKO!
cheesy
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2013
@chillisauae before nko.i guess she falls under the category of baba bisi owo obe ti tan o,baba bisi,owo pampers ti tan,baba bisi,bra mi ti ya lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2013
[/quote]
pickabeau1: @chilli funny post as usual

I assume you don't have family in nigeria anymore or that you did not come through these same animals

grin

Animals! This is an old method of divorce. Return the girl, fight between in laws, the girls inlaw will be annoyed and return the bride price he paid for her, fight for child custody. That's it!

Tell me, even animals here found in the wild are served with plates, trained and look after. This we are talking about a human. cheesy
Returning like a piece of old truck wey engine don pack up.
Twa!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2013
So the last option is to involve the elders in your marital issh.why cant he tell his mother inlaw to teach her daughter how to do "cow girl style aka jokoleso'.smh.if you do not know how to handle your marriage without elders interference,you have no buisness with marriage
pickabeau1: @chilli funny post as usual

grin

@ypp.. One thing common to you and cc's post is that the man has good intentions and has involved the elders in his wife's case.

That may be wrong

His intent may be to get a new wife and why do we think he was not beating her before he bundled her off

The op has more info he does not want to share

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2013
Chillisauce:

@chilli funny post as usual

;Di guess the man is still living in 1910 and doesnt know the world has left his mentality.smh

Animals! This is an old method of divorce. Return the girl, fight between in laws, the girls inlaw will be annoyed and return the bride price he paid for her, fight for child custody. That's it!

Tell me, even animals here found in the wild are served with plates, trained and look after. This we are talking about a human. cheesy
Returning like a piece of old truck wey engine don pack up.
Twa!

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by bukatyne(f): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Since we have learnt that a husband dumps his loud mouthed wife in thr gathrring of her inlaws,

What does a wife with a loud mouthed husband do?

I will appreciate practical answers.

Who knows, someone may benefit from it

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2013
As far as i am concerned,ill rather he divorce her and marry someone who he thinks has 'home trainning'.if that one too has wahalah,divorce her and marry someone else.maybe he will see mrs perfect like say he no get im own for body
onegig: abi.... why do you have to yell when am not deaf? Even doing it to the point that neigbours now know whenever there is a disagreement.

People have been saying "sit her down " "sit her down"

How do you communicate and resolve issues if she wont allow you even talk without shouting?

Abeg sending her back home is good perharps she would listen to her parents since she cant be talked to by her partner.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2013
bukatyne: Since we have learnt that a husband dumps his loud mouthed wife in thr gathrring of her inlaws,

What does a wife with a loud mouthed husband do?

I will appreciate practical answers.

Who knows, someone may benefit from it
i tire o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Big Boy Washes Dad's Hands With Expensive Alcohol, Gifts Him SUV(Video) / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana / How My Wife Has Been Terrorizing Me Spiritually And The Effects On Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.