Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. (34167 Views)

A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: i remain loyal too.emi na judi cheesy

but men too are not cunny or sly creatures

skelewu tinz tongue

but is this really the best option of how to treat the wife.
So that i can just keep it in my record for future purpose.

Kin le ko sinu aka iwe iranti fun ọjọ ọla
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by drnoel: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Slasha!:

Of course,it's a packaged insult,I wonder why he didn't sit his in-laws down and lament about her wife's behaviour. Maybe he did that to show how serious it was
Slasha!:
Even though it sounds funny and embarrasing,I think he did a good a thing in sending them their living daughter to re-train than inviting them to bury her un-trained corpse after giving her a life-taking beating
Miner13:

it is very much hot and is degenerating to family dispute. The inlaws termed it a disrespect
Its not just a subtle kind of disrespect for the wife´s people which the wife brought it on herself and her people its also a vielled threat. Now ladies listen well and listen good. This is done in igbo tradition and am sure the husband must be igbo. I know cos my uncle who is igbo did it to his wife. Now, I don´t know if its done in the yoruba custom cos none of my yoruba relatives have done such yet. Maybe cos yoruba ladies know how to respect their husbands and elders unlike our igbo sisters since its not really taught at home.
It depends on what the wife did. In my uncles case his wife served his uncles and brothers the wrong part of cow that was killed during a celebration. The brothers and uncles felt insulted and insisted he sends her home to punish her so she had to take suspension for 4 weeks. She went home and came back fatter than when she was at my uncles home.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by steadynana: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
the man try sef..for some she is not coming back another excuse for divorce...
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
drnoel:

Its not just a subtle kind of disrespect for the wife´s people which the wife brought it on herself and her people its also a vielled threat. Now ladies listen well and listen good. This is done in igbo tradition and am sure the husband must be igbo. I know cos my uncle who is igbo did it to his wife. Now, I don´t know if its done in the yoruba custom cos none of my yoruba relatives have done such yet. Maybe cos yoruba ladies know how to respect their husbands and elders unlike our igbo sisters since its not really taught at home.
It depends on what the wife did. In my uncles case his wife served his uncles and brothers the wrong part of cow that was killed during a celebration. The brothers and uncles felt insulted and insisted he sends her home to punish her so she had to take suspension for 4 weeks. She went home and came back fatter than when she was at my uncles home.

Lol at bolded., nothing I no go read for nairaland cheesy
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by jhidey08(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
chaircover:

Thanks for making me laugh like a crazy person in my office. You want people to think I am mad abi?
sori bro, I won't do dat again. I promise!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Drnoel

this is not igbo but now from our side(yoruba)
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
No wonder, e don reach front page. cheesy
Dem don release all sorts of characters grin
*unfollows thread*

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by jhidey08(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
pickabeau1:

You no know say she still dey town cheesy
which kind town? Na u wan kolombi her? Jor o
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by jhidey08(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: gringringringringringringrin

haaaaaaaaaaaaa

tell me you are joking?

gringringrin but wait o,hope the lady you are referring to is not the same lady they said she should go back to her parents and learn some manners?if shes the one,then i give up
she is d one faa! Mo serious juu. Winks#
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by jhidey08(m): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Miner13:

Olódumare ooooo!

Oga jhídey máfẹ fi ẹrin pami kẹẹẹ.

Olẹnu bi dagrin grin
dagrin tiwaje? Oku niyennn, lemme lenu bii Olamide abeg, abeg
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Policewoman(f): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
If she really deserved to be retrained then i dont see anything bad in what the husband did. Lets put sentiments aside.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by udemzyudex(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
he is the cause,I believe it started from when they were doing the bf/gf thing..

if a lady shout on u and u keep quite u're indirectly telling her to continue and she will do it till both of I get married.
never accept second class behavior from ur gf .
this is the result.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
O boy!!!
No b dream ooo!

FRONT PAGE

TINZ!

1st time ever

Chaiiiii
dancing azonto, skelewu wic 1 i won dance self.

But bros why did you allow your issue to what everybody is learning from.
Thank God sha, i did not put name and location
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by OILOFGLADNESS: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: Whats up with all these bush meats around nl lately :/

to the matter,why cant the 'uncivilized husband' calm mrs wife down and talk to her the way a husband talks to the wife that she will listen.is she some sort of dog that they take for 'retraining' whatever that means but it sounds highly ridiculous.even if sitting down like adults and thrashing it out cant work,why cant mr husband aka cave man not go to her mother and speak with her PRIVATELY.

Anyway when bush meat meets mgbeke,the result is everybody in the family knows whatever issh in your house....smh for some couples.hiiiaaannnn.and they call this marriage:/

by the way what happened to for better for worse till death do you path that you recite on the altar before God and man.its now a slogan i suppose

another NIGERIAN HYPOCRISY. Awon aso ebi folks,gele madams have eating jollof rice at the reception and left,now husband and wife cannot live under the same roof like adults...

my dear you are the only one that have said something reasonably.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: you are a clown

many guys this days need FATHERS.they need people to teach them how to behave like real men not like crude chauvenists or animals.smha lot of men have dysfunctional behaviours because they did not have any father figure that will mould them into behaving/acting like refine men who know how to treat a lady :/

as for the hissing,thats for your ass not me
MEN...YOU GAT A PROBLRM LADY... angry

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Feraz(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
pickabeau1: There is nothing wrong with a temporal seperation but in this manner the approach is insulting and shows contempt n a throwback to the woman as chattel days

If there is a breakdown in communication and the woman is being recalcitrant

Involve the elders if it fails
They will guide the process
You heard the OP. He's involved the in-laws, they overlooked it thinking it's a small issue till it became magnified.
This is a guy that set-up an SME for his wife since she has been searching for job (empowering her before she got her dream job) going by the OP's account. Does it look like he hasn't tried every means possible?

Ok. Let's all agree that he didn't do it the right way, that he insulted the lady, her family, her in-laws etc what other way would he have done it (bearing in mind that communication has failed in this aspect).

BTW, I haven't seen you in the other thread! cool

Those bringing tribe into this, pls, do well to refrain from something that would start up some stupid tribal fights. I still regard the family section as one of the sanest sections.

kulyie: Mr nayi grin the solution is that whenever she starts her shouting.he should listen to what she constantly shouts about,go back and have a quiet time with himself,trace the genesis of what is causing the shoiting and stop it. no woman shouts for nothing except she is a mad woman.There is somethong he is doing that is frustrating her.women too have feelings too.once you stip the man stops the thing his wife does,the shoiting will stop then he can make her change.that way no one knows your issh.returning the wife to her parents is like husband and wife washing their dirty linen in public
Na wa oh! So this man should sit down and listen to what she shouts about even the nasty words being spoken by her (cos I'm sure there's no way a lady would shout at her spouse without insulting him, she may even be of the category that always holds the husband's shirt yelling - 'You must kill me oh! Weak man! Where's your manhood?!'. It is very rare to see. I'm not saying all ladies oh). A sane man will sit and listen to all those? shocked Buddha bless me!

What makes you think in those two years, the dude hasn't listened to her, even done some of the things that she requested, changed the way she wanted him to, do all sorts of things to please her, started up something for her, became a weak man all to make her adore him, told the in-laws (which I also don't fancy but it always one of the last solution if all else has failed), begged, cried, pleaded with her to see reasons with her actions?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
Feraz: As usual, the man is being blamed by some folks here despite we understsnding from the post that the man has tried to settle things the way couples should and also not bringing it to a third party. This he endured for TWO YEARS . Yet, someone opens her mouth to call the husband uncivilized. We didn't even read that the man beat her up, yet, he is uncivilized. If he had beaten her up, he's a beast!!!! would have filled this thread. undecided
LOL you mind em hypocrites grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by kambah(m): 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

His wife lacked home training. He sent her back home to acquire that home training after bearing it for 2 years. So what's wrong with that??

The only thing I'll fault him with is this: didn't he look before leaping into marriage? Didn't he date her? Or was it an arrangee marriage? If it was, then the inlaws should take a huge portion of blame. If it wasn't then the man should take some of that blame too.

my dear some girls can ridiculous bcoz they change immediately after marriage. I think the guy'z decision is good than to go violence.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by GoodFaith: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: you are a clown

many guys this days need FATHERS.they need people to teach them how to behave like real men not like crude chauvenists or animals.smha lot of men have dysfunctional behaviours because they did not have any father figure that will mould them into behaving/acting like refine men who know how to treat a lady :/

as for the hissing,thats for your ass not me
Lot of ladies has failed our society
The parents might have done their best to raise his ladies
I think this man did what a real man should do
I am sure he has done his best to tell his wife that her attitude is unacceptable before sending her back
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by doris107: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
hm is better to go back to her parents alive than to have patches on her face and buried with her front tooth missing.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Laeroy(f): 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: No doubt its rude to shout and yell at anybody irrespective of gender and age but sending a woman back to her parents house,what do they call that.
grin

The bible refers to the men that put their hands in the plough and look back as what? I am not covering up evil but stewpeedity pisses me off.i thought they call that over hyped institution for better for worse.there is no marriage devoid of crisis and lapses from both parties but solving the issue in extreme measures solves nothing.for example if mr husband is down with cancer,the woman should run back to her parents and say i dont know how to care for a cancer patient,i cant cope and flees with her kids abi.is it not that the woman will go to any extent to ensure the man gets back to his normal self.no woman shouts and yells for nothing.it means there is something the man is doing that is paining her and its juat the way she can express what is paining her.why cant the man listen between the lines of her shouting and make necessary changes.why do africans feel once a woman is married she doesnt have choice a right to feelings etc.smh.orisirisi

with all this nonsense going on i still see many fat women,or does ot mean its the marital chaos thats making them add weight
may God have mercy on African women and a sucess of a woman means the sucess of a man.oshi nle pako
1000likes................I agree with u on this.....for the very very first time.... grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Orikinla(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
But it also means he has failed to discipline his wife.
There is no ready made wife anywhere.
A husband and wife should learn from each other and grow up together.
If my wife cannot cook, I will teach her and if she has no manners, I can also teach her and not sending her back to her parents or family.
What if she does not know how to make love, will you send her back to them to teach her how to make love? grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
soul_glo: I am learning a lot from married people. So if I marry a Nigerian man can I send him back to his father to retrain him if I end up being stuck with all the financial responsibilities for a while? Obviously no one trained him as to what an African man is expected to do for his family. I should call my father in law and his brothers to come take him and not bring him back until he is ready to step up and be a man.
LOL...if you live in Africa/Nigeria you should know that the man is the one that will go to the wife-to-be family's house for wedding arrangement paying a heavy bride price to the girl family and they will hand over their daughter to the groom's family(wedding day). That's how it is done in Africa culture or is there where the groom was hand over to the bride's family?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by bellong: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
drnoel:

Are you serious?/ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

The issue here isn't about the woman getting fed up with the man's mode of communication. It's the other way round.

And it's not about being seen and not heard. I'm talking about decorum - ever heard that word? A woman doesn't have to shout and rave to get her point across. Infact, that would only set her husband's back up against her and even if he did agree or was prone to agreeing with her points, the fact that she put them across so disrespectfully is enough for him to kick against them or block his ears to reason.

Men have pride too you know. Besides a smart woman knows how to get the impossible from her man without ever having to raise her voice. Ask the men around here and let's see who'll agree that his woman / wife / girlfriend succeeds in getting what she wants from them by shouting and yelling at them.

Kulyie, when something's bad, admit it. Stop covering up crass and uncouth behaviour in blind and quite frankly, mis-directed feminine support. It is rude to yell and shout at another human being - kids, your mates, friends, parents and moreso, your husband!
100Likes jor cheesy opari..!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
yellowpawpaw: K, if u r fighting for a cause, fight for the right reasons.

I can remember a post where u called a military man to beat up a trader simply bc he touched ur bombom. What u did was not better than what u r accusing some men of here. Pls don't throw stone if u live in a glass house.
This man sent d wife home to learn character. Maybe u r yet to c that type of women around u. I am a woman but cannot support foolishness from a fellow woman bc I want to support my gender.

Some pple hv been sent home to go and learn how to prepare a good meal not to talk of this.
We claim and want equality but we can never achieve it with this mindset. Great female pacesetters uses their brain, not their mouth.
Well said jare smiley
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by soulglo: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
This thread is really busy.

I have a questions. When they went to her parents house and he said he brought her back for retraining LOL did she just stay. I am trying to play the sequence of events in my head. It's just crazy to me. I mean he did not have armed guards holding her down. I am wondering if she just sat there and was watching because if she is half the crazy woman he says she is she would have been back at her house with the locks changed before he got there. Lot's of questions. I will never understand a culture were two people are married but there will always be guaranteed security for one person but not for the other. It's like floating around in space. No matter how much you achieve in your life it does not matter because you really have no roots. He does though and you contribute immensely to building that foundation. None of that really matters though because at the end of the day it is not even your house. As Nigerian's like to say "send her packing". Man has his place. Children even have more security. Nigerian woman float where ever the gust of their husband's and sometimes her family's anger blow her. And some Nigerian women actually see this as normal. I understand that this whole thing is not one sided. Nigerian women are probably the major cause of these issues by indirectly and sometimes even directly supporting this behavior because at that particular it works well for them.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Feraz(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie:

abbeeeegggiiii @ feraz nayi,let me hear word o jare cheesy

there is no perfect woman anywhere.if he divorces her and marries another one and another one and another one,he will keep divorcing and marrying till jesus comes.there is no perfect woman anywhere and there is no husband and wife who doesnt have their own for body,stop making it look like it is always the womans fault.be objective and stop letting barbaric culture influence your objectivity.omo ibos do big party and spend heavily on gorge etc when they are doing wedding

why then will he now bundle her back to her parents after spending millions on wedding and bride price and co.kilode.ede jekamalo senses wa na
Nna-anyi! grin

I'm being objective here. I only commented when I saw your first post about the husband being uncivilized as if it was the man's fault. No one is saying there's a perfect spouse anywhere because couples are meant to help one another's weakness and compromise in certain aspects for a marriage to work
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by soulglo: 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
tintingz: LOL...if you live in Africa/Nigeria you should know that the man is the one that will go to the wife-to-be family's house for wedding arrangement paying a heavy bride price to the girl family and they will hand over their daughter to the groom's family(wedding day). That's how it is done in Africa culture or is there where the groom was hand over to the bride's family?

I see. You buy the women like you buy a goat for Christmas. Makes sense now. Someone posted something about iPads being on bride price lists. If I buy an iPad and it does not function like the manufacturer told be it would I reserve the right to return it and get my money back. Pure comedy.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Orikinla: But it also means he has failed to discipline his wife.
There is no ready made wife anywhere.
A husband and wife should learn from each other and grow up together.
If my wife cannot cook, I will teach her and if she has no manners, I can also teach her and not sending her back to her parents or family.
What if she does not know how to make love, will you send her back to them to teach her how to make love? grin
LOL you should be a "wife teacher" don't forget to use cane on her if she doesn't listen even during sexx grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
soul_glo:

I see. You buy the women like you buy a goat for Christmas. Makes sense now. Someone posted something about iPads being on bride price lists. If I buy an iPad and it does not function like the manufacturer told be it would I reserve the right to return it and get my money back. Pure comedy.
You don't have to divert things that's how it is done in Nigeria culture. The bride will be hand over to the groom's family.

Welcome to Afri-culture grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Feraz(m): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
udemzy_udex: he is the cause,I believe it started from when they were doing the bf/gf thing..

if a lady shout on u and u keep quite u're indirectly telling her to continue and she will do it till both of I get married.
never accept second class behavior from ur gf .
this is the result.

You probably don't know ladies. Haven't you heard of ladies that hide their true character till they're married?

The bolded be like say you ready beat your babe if she f up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana / Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) / How My Wife Has Been Terrorizing Me Spiritually And The Effects On Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.