Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta (14143 Views)

Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by MayorofLagos(m): 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
lakhadimar: I dont think so, i dont think the Nupes can be ruled out like that. Oshodi tapa was a Lagos war general of nupe ancestry who was an adviser to oba kosoko of Lagos who ruled circa 1845-1851. It is said that his descendants are the ones that settled in present day oshodi in Lagos. I am not so sure, i would need someone here like katsumoto, mayor_of_Lagos aljharem, kiriji, shymexx e.t.c that has a deeper knowledge of yoruba history to help clarify this

You are correct. Let us not expand too ambitiously. Yoruba is distinct, our Obas have authorities that distinguishes them from everyone else. Nupe have never been a Yoruba culture, they dont have Oba or Balogun and dont have Ogun or Olokun, so they are not Yoruba culturally and need not be in our commonwealth. Same for Igalla, they are not Yoruba.

Political alliance between Yoruba and Nupe is ancient and cordial, that is all it needs to be..a political alliance.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Sloan: 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Nice one.

Nupes are out .

Maybe they are, maybe not but is it not better to let them decide that? I want a Yoruba region or country only with our closest brothers and cousins and we can all maintain the same focus - WE WILL BE GREATER TOGETHER! One thing that I am sure will happen is that the economy of the West will be so good (if managed well with leaders in the mould of a Chief Obafemi Awolowo) that people from other lands will seek to immigrate or reside there! This is good but we will decide who can get in and who has to leave. If Nupes share any borders with Yorubaland and fall into the category of lands in which the people may go north, south, west or east, then if they vote to be in Yoruba land, that is fine subject to our acceptance. We surely don't want any peoples who cannot maintain a single focus on development, lifting up of the national economy and motherland and will not do everything to get us ahead as a region or country should not join (PLEASE). We don't want another Nigeria! As human beings we all want pretty much the same things: enough food, shelter, clothing, freedom, peace, a good life, security for us and our children, etc. If there's any peoples who don't have these values but retrogression, unnecessary fights, etc then they can stay away!
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by MayorofLagos(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

Maybe they are, maybe not but is it not better to let them decide that? I want a Yoruba region or country only with our closest brothers and cousins and we can all maintain the same focus - WE WILL BE GREATER TOGETHER! One thing that I am sure will happen is that the economy of the West will be so good (if managed well with leaders in the mould of a Chief Obafemi Awolowo) that people from other lands will seek to immigrate or reside there! This is good but we will decide who can get in and who has to leave. If Nupes share any borders with Yorubaland and fall into the category of lands in which the people may go north, south, west or east, then if they vote to be in Yoruba land, that is fine subject to our acceptance. We surely don't want any peoples who cannot maintain a single focus on development, lifting up of the national economy and motherland and will not do everything to get us ahead as a region or country should not join (PLEASE). We don't want another Nigeria! As human beings we all want pretty much the same things: enough food, shelter, clothing, freedom, peace, a good life, security for us and our children, etc. If there's any peoples who don't have these values but retrogression, unnecessary fights, etc then they can stay away!

Trust me, even if they elect to come into an independent Yoruba nation we should decline to accept them.

Aren't you interested in having Yoruba as first language? When you bring in non-Yoruba speakers you end up in same quagmire we are in currently.

A political alliance across the river is just fine.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by MayorofLagos(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
ijaw citizen: I'm not guily of this accusation, it is just a figment of your deluded imagination. Prove your sanity by providing facts to substanciate your accusation against me or forever remain a clown.

That was not individually to you. Im talking of Ijaw nation as a whole.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Are the baribas known as Nupes?

You know Shango was asked to come back to Oyo to become Alaafin. He was staying with his mother's family in Tapa, which is a Nupe settlement.

They're not Nupe's. They're a distinct group from Borgu and also the 4th largest ethnic group in Benin. I believe Oyo learned about its cavalry, or got it from them (they're renowned for horse-riding), since they were under Oyo for a long time - and it seems Oyo also started in Borgu or something like that. They also helped Ibadan in cutting-off the supply line of Fulani Jihadist, from the rear, when they were defeated in Oshogbo.

The Bariba, the fourth largest ethnic group, comprise several subgroups and make up about one-tenth of Benin’s population. They inhabit the northeast, especially towns such as Nikki and Kandi that were once Bariba kingdoms. The Somba (Ditamari) are found in Natitingou and in villages in the northwest. Other northern groups include the Dendi, the Pila (Pilapila), the Yoa-Lokpa, and the nomadic...
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/53270/Bariba

The Bariba people, self designation Baatonu (plural Baatombu), are the principal inhabitants of Borgou Department, Benin, and cofounders of the Borgu kingdom of what is now northeast Benin and northwest Nigeria. There are perhaps a million Bariba, 80% of them in Benin, where they are the fourth largest ethnic group in Benin and comprise approximately 1/12 of the population.[1] The Bariba are concentrated primarily in the north-east of the country, especially around the city of Nikki, which is considered the Bariba capital. They originally migrated from Kwara state Nigeria and were renowned horsmen. One of their noted festivals is the annual Gani festival which horseriding is very much a part of and is engrained in their culture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bariba_people

Anyway, Nupe's are a distinct group, with no connection whatsoever with the Yoruba's.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

They're not Nupe's. They're a distinct group from Borgu and also the 4th largest ethnic group in Benin. I believe Oyo learned about its cavalry, or got it from them (they're renowned for horse-riding), since they were under Oyo for a long time - and it seems Oyo also started in Borgu or something like that. They also helped Ibadan in cutting-off the supply line of Fulani Jihadist, from the rear, when they were defeated in Oshogbo.

The Bariba, the fourth largest ethnic group, comprise several subgroups and make up about one-tenth of Benin’s population. They inhabit the northeast, especially towns such as Nikki and Kandi that were once Bariba kingdoms. The Somba (Ditamari) are found in Natitingou and in villages in the northwest. Other northern groups include the Dendi, the Pila (Pilapila), the Yoa-Lokpa, and the nomadic...
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/53270/Bariba

The Bariba people, self designation Baatonu (plural Baatombu), are the principal inhabitants of Borgou Department, Benin, and cofounders of the Borgu kingdom of what is now northeast Benin and northwest Nigeria. There are perhaps a million Bariba, 80% of them in Benin, where they are the fourth largest ethnic group in Benin and comprise approximately 1/12 of the population.[1] The Bariba are concentrated primarily in the north-east of the country, especially around the city of Nikki, which is considered the Bariba capital. They originally migrated from Kwara state Nigeria and were renowned horsmen. One of their noted festivals is the annual Gani festival which horseriding is very much a part of and is engrained in their culture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bariba_people

Anyway, Nupe's are a distinct group, with no connection whatsoever with the Yoruba's.

Tks bro.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles:

You yorubas are just high on crack.
Atlwireles, I dey laugh. We are going to take over Warri. Yes, Warri may not be occupied by only Itsekiri; there are Urhobo and Ijaw in it. Do you know that Yoruba also have linguistical affinity with these other groups? The Ijaw and the Yoruba have the same names for cat and lantern. Go find out.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Atlwireles, I dey laugh. We are going to take over Warri. Yes, may not be occupied by only Itsekiri; there are Urhobo and Ijaw in it. Do you know that Yoruba also have linguistical affinity with these other groups? The Ijaw and the Yoruba have the same names for cat and lantern. Go find out.

You want the guy to have heart attack?
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

You're home bro - ALWAYS HOME! grin grin
Thanks, brother.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles:

They have to step into Warri, then the phrase, "who no go no know" becomes applicable. As you said talk is cheap, let them come into Warri and open their mouth about any yoruba crap.
Nothing dey happen. We dey enter "area." From Enerhen Junction to Igbudu market to Ogbe Ijow.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

You want the guy to have heart attack?
Altwireles may "go and die." We are only possessing our possession.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Atlwireles, I dey laugh. We are going to take over Warri. Yes, Warri may not be occupied by only Itsekiri; there are Urhobo and Ijaw in it. Do you know that Yoruba also have linguistical affinity with these other groups? The Ijaw and the Yoruba have the same names for cat and lantern. Go find out.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Nothing dey happen. We dey enter "area." From Enerhen Junction to Igbudu market to Ogbe Ijow.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by ayodeldurango(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

OBJ and Tinubu have enough greed in them to significantly affect the greed index of the Yorubas grin grin grin

just like ojukwu nd brothers forcing rivers pple into biafra...this the main greediness.... igbo=greed...nonentiti

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1: Some people and their empty threats. Do they think, this is a war of the creeks? The established fact is itsekiris owns warri. Anybody that is aggrieved, should jump inside Atlantic ocean. If there is any contrary document, bring it out if you are that cerebral.

The union of Yorubas and their cousins, is making them to shiver and piss in their pants.

Calm down, dooms day is not here yet, it is just around the corner.

OPC Keep fortifying our frontiers.

Who is the next cousin on the list? ----- Igalas. Okun.

4 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
If you think Warri belongs to you come and claim it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin There are enough graves to show you, that might bring some sense into your head.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: If you think Warri belongs to you come and claim it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin There are enough graves to show you, that might bring some sense into your head.
We are possessing our possession. Oduduwa Republic will extend upto Ogbe Ijow waterside.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Please my western brothers the time is coming where we need to know our Yoruba brothers and those that are not

Okun people are already yorubas neither have they ever deny that fact

We now hope that some sense is spoke to the oba of Benin and ebira

Igalas are Yoruba cousins but not Yoruba and can never be. In Yoruba land we do not oppress people just cause they are minority, igala politician have clearly shown a sense of superiority complex to the ebira and okuns

As for the igbos, please ignore them. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
We are possessing our possession. Oduduwa Republic will extend upto Ogbe Ijow waterside.

Fact

Other borders are lokoja, jebba up north

Bini city, warri to the east

Lagos Oyo to the west
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

Fact

Lagos Oyo to the west

I need to know who's behind your handle. You crack me up all the time, truss.

I still remember when you used to post more often, nl was fun back then.

You need to come back!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Bay babe_online, my e-twerking queen, where have you been? wink
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:

That was sermon I heard from Benson Idahosa in July 1987. He was on the grounds of Urhobo college having a retreat. Good times back then. Unfortunately, you have not been able to find your father yet. Now you are talking about Ogbe Ijoh. I will allow the ijaw on this forum take you up on that.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

Fact

Lagos Oyo to the west
Hmmmmmm...is warri now part of arewa?
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx: Bay babe_online, my e-twerking queen, where have you been? wink
My love, I have been busy! How is you?? kiss
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Haha oduduwa republic is jux a figment of imagination in an oily mind,try and secede and watch genocide in 3d,we must die in diz nigeria u fought for goats,
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem: Please my western brothers the time is coming where we need to know our Yoruba brothers and those that are not

Okun people are already yorubas neither have they ever deny that fact

We now hope that some sense is spoke to the oba of Benin and ebira

Igalas are Yoruba cousins but not Yoruba and can never be. In Yoruba land we do not oppress people just cause they are minority, igala politician have clearly shown a sense of superiority complex to the ebira and okuns

As for the igbos, please ignore them. Lol
LoL...
alj harem:

what do u mean, so u ppl want us to go that bad
well that is fine

we are going to declare arewa republic very soon
# u southerners are going to be begging us for food and money

u watch
angry angry angry
Dz is 3years later we re still waiting to beg that pakistanrewa republic for food o...lol

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by MayorofLagos(m): 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

Fact

Lagos Oyo to the west

From the Ocean to the River!
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
osinachukwu: Haha oduduwa republic is jux a figment of imagination in an oily mind,try and secede and watch genocide in 3d,we must die in diz nigeria u fought for goats,
LoL...abeg mk una no kill me with laugh.
Me na eko atlantic I dae wait for o.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

From the Ocean to the River!
From the ocean to the river, not only d river self also to the desert... Naija big o...lol
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by MayorofLagos(m): 11:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
lygn19:
From the ocean to the river, not only d river self also to the desert... Naija big o...lol

We are Yoruba, remember, we do not put nose where we dont have claim..and equally, we do not back off from what is our rightful claim.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

We are Yoruba, remember, we do not put nose where we dont have claim..and equally, we do not back off from what is our rightful claim.
And how da f*uck does dat concern me...lol
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

So you are laying claim to Warri grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Justice, Sylvester Ngwuta Arraigned For False Asset Declaration / Anambra Election: A Condemnation Of Peter Obi's Stance On Female Governor / Dilapidated Roads In Ijeshatedo Surulere Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.