Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta (14142 Views)

Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by cbrass(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Why is My Creole ancestry a problem to you?

Is it because I made it obviously clear to you that I am not Yoruba since my ancestry never married Yoruba.
My grandfather (a mulatto himself) married a Serie leonian mulato. It is only on my motherside that I have any claim to ancestry in Nigeria.
As far as I can recall I have a lot of varrying DNA in me. I have spanish, portogese , African (which I can't narrow down to actual tribe on my father's side since it goes back 5 -6 centuries) and even a dose of Jewish ancestry.

I don't look even Nigerian by the way. And like it just so.

so you can keep your Lagos!

Good..I hope your visa hasn't expired because the Imigration may be visiting soon
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

So now Yorubas are synonymous with Creole Culture?

I dey laff at these Osunites wey Thiefnibu don import enter Eko!

do you even know anything about the creole people you are claiming ? shocked
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

No please educate me.

I no your leave of absence was not to look up words to insult me but to consult google.

Let me hear what you have to say.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2013
cbrass:

Good..I hope your visa hasn't expired because the Imigration may be visiting soon

Which one the KAI brigade or the NIS?
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

That ba.stard is not a creole

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

No please educate me.

I no your leave of absence was not to look up words to insult me but to consult google.

Let me hear what you have to say.

dude no time for that. Its a complete waste of anyone's time grin grin grin

I mean look at the topic you formed last week

https://www.nairaland.com/1544641/ungrateful-lagos

It will be very silly of me to start proving to you. Take care cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2013
Please guys, leave the creole-Igbo-isoko-urhobo-kanuri- dude alone.

He seems to be an attention seeking baby without any knowledge to add. Just ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 9:36am On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

Word. I won't mind including the Bariba people in the commonwealth since they were also under Oyo for a long time.

We own the coast!! grin

I pray I see a Yoruba country in my life time - that's the dream!! cool

Are the baribas known as Nupes?

You know Shango was asked to come back to Oyo to become Alaafin. He was staying with his mother's family in Tapa, which is a Nupe settlement.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by ijawcitizen(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: @topic,

I want to congratulate all my Itsekiri brothers and sisters and say your leaders did the right thing by inviting OPC to institute its political presence in Warri. By this action the Oduduwa flag, which is rightly your birthright, has been planted on your soil.

Have you guys noticed how over the past two years Ijaw citizen have repeatedly dominated Delta political talk? Everytime there is a flashpoint they issue statement calling attention to Delta and Ijaw. Is Ijaw the only people in Delta?

Yoruba is in Delta too. Its high time we raise that awareness. OPC is our steward in that regard and all Oduduwa children are under their umbrella of socio-cultural brotherhood.
I'm not guily of this accusation, it is just a figment of your deluded imagination. Prove your sanity by providing facts to substanciate your accusation against me or forever remain a clown.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

You know Shango was asked to come back to Oyo to become Alaafin. He was staying with his mother's family in Tapa, which is a Nupe settlement.
Ajaka was sango's elder brother who abdicated the throne for him. Sango's mother was the daughter of Elempe a Nupe king, who formed an alliance with oranyan-(Sango's father)by giving him his daughter to wife, of which marriage sango was the issue. Sango's mother died when he was still a baby and she was buried in the Tapa country

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by cbrass(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
KIRIJI: Ajaka was sango's elder brother who abdicated the throne for him. Sango's mother was the daughter of Elempe a Nupe king, who formed an alliance with oranyan-(Sango's father)by giving him his daughter to wife, of which marriage sango was the issue. Sango's mother died when he was still a baby and she was buried in the Tapa country

I love this, you guys know a lot unlike us, but wait a minute that means the Nupe people don't belong then since emphasis is always laid on where the father comes from and not the mother
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2013
KIRIJI: Ajaka was sango's elder brother who abdicated the throne for him. Sango's mother was the daughter of Elempe a Nupe king, who formed an alliance with oranyan-(Sango's father)by giving him his daughter to wife, of which marriage sango was the issue. Sango's mother died when he was still a baby and she was buried in the Tapa country

Nice one.

Nupes are out .
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by mandarin: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic: On a serious note, this is utterly a waste of time.

OPC spreading into adjourning states with no direct majority yoruba population and given the current tensive nature of our country and the antecedence of this barbaric group I am really appalled that some of you will see this as a welcome development.

Why is OPC not spreading into Benin or Togo?

Lets be objective and see this within it's borders that is within Delta state alone without joining issues with Ndigbo.

For me, this is disaster in the making not for Deltans but for those that think Delta is a walk over in their Machiavellian scheming.

There is no Urhobo or Isoko Family that does not have an Itsekiri as an in-law and vice-versa. As I said in my earlier post the real reason for the 90's problem was ethno related but was purely based on which Tribal stool will be taken as paramount head of Warri . For your info the constitution dictates that LG should pay 5% of their allocations to the Traditional Ruler. Warri as a whole will have more than 3 LGAs so in a nut shell there was money to be made for whoever was made paramount Chief of Warri.

Today in Warri, as it has always been, there is the Ovie of Warri (Urhobo tittle) and Olu of Warri (Itsekiri) I believe a sharing formulae has been implemented to suit all aggrieved parties.

So for you e-warriors who at the comfort of your homes are promoting senseless violence based on some whimsical Tribal connection to warri via the Itsekiris please try and visit warri and have a feel and understanding of that city.

In warri and Delta as a whole the official lingua-franca is pidgin English. which is constantly evolving and unique to warri and neihbouring Benin and parts of Bayelsa. Why? Because your native language is meant only when you are speaking to really old people or when spanking your erring kids.

Like I wrote about emerging Nigeria countries somewhere yesterday, I do not share the expectation of a disintegrated Nigeria but the Nigeria in which all groups can achieve their aims and succeed in a restructured Nigeria.
I however concured that the Igbo would scheme their way to get the Ikwere and most of western Igbo(if not all) while the Yoruba will align in a mutually beneficial union with the Itsekiri(en route the Urhobo etc),Edo Igala and other areas west of the Niger River including the Bariba and Tapa(Nupe) and also the Ebira. I look at the Yoruba as very astute and can do negotiations of convenience and looking at the mutual benefits for both parties it will be acceptable to all. That will for instance put a Yoruba country on top of Anambra area of Igbo land and share boundary with Enugu and open oil dispute with Anambra. This will cause Igbo to flex muscle and find a diplomatic approach to deal with the Yoruba cause it places their military very close to the centre of Igboland within very few hours and kilometres.The Warri ports can serve the Igbo ,country if Yoruba gets the place and the are working on it without shooting a bullet which will make the Urhobo and other Delta groups see a negotiated position with the Yoruba as their best possibilities.
By being part of a larger Yoruba country or region, the Itsekiri put themselves under a fortified power bloc and big influence that will make their neighbours think twice on any issue, it will give the Yoruba the control of the coast thereby making it the best possibility of bringing the old Bendel into the fold. I think am making sense do you?

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2013
I'm happy for this for the fact that I'm Yoritsekiri - born to an Itsekiri father and a Yoruba mother.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 11:11am On Dec 18, 2013
mandarin:

Like I wrote about emerging Nigeria countries somewhere yesterday, I do not share the expectation of a disintegrated Nigeria but the Nigeria in which all groups can achieve their aims and succeed in a restructured Nigeria.
I however concured that the Igbo would scheme their way to get the Ikwere and most of western Igbo(if not all) while the Yoruba will align in a mutually beneficial union with the Itsekiri(en route the Urhobo etc),Edo Igala and other areas west of the Niger River including the Bariba and Tapa(Nupe) and also the Ebira. I look at the Yoruba as very astute and can do negotiations of convenience and looking at the mutual benefits for both parties it will be acceptable to all. That will for instance put a Yoruba country on top of Anambra area of Igbo land and share boundary with Enugu and open oil dispute with Anambra. This will cause Igbo to flex muscle and find a diplomatic approach to deal with the Yoruba cause it places their military very close to the centre of Igboland within very few hours and kilometres.The Warri ports can serve the Igbo ,country if Yoruba gets the place and the are working on it without shooting a bullet which will make the Urhobo and other Delta groups see a negotiated position with the Yoruba as their best possibilities.
By being part of a larger Yoruba country or region, the Itsekiri put themselves under a fortified power bloc and big influence that will make their neighbours think twice on any issue, it will give the Yoruba the control of the coast thereby making it the best possibility of bringing the old Bendel into the fold. I think am making sense do you?

that is the wisdom and power of diplomacy, subtle negotiations, alliance building and formidable unionization they have never understood and they will never understand.

Wars are not only fought on battle fields. They are fought psychological in the minds of potential and real enemies through beficial alliances and rewarding unionization.

How many wars have occured directly between US and Russia? They don;t understand that and they can't.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by oduaboy1: 11:23am On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

I must advice you lacked mental capacity and intellectual pedigree to witness sound exercise of intellectualism. You definitely come across as a coyote in heat. This is a patriotic advice and I suggest you take to heart. It does not pay me any dividend to beat up demented hag over the silly conducts of her elders. OPC is quite as irrelevant as you are in the scheme of things within the jungle called Nigeria.
Dendemoron,all you do is blow big big grammars that lacks substance.

You are really a senile old man,who should be confined to the four walls of a hospital and all internet connections taken away from you.

Bitter,frustrated,silly old loser.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 18, 2013
Oniro gidi ni bobo magical bishop yii sha...

Omo ale oshi.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Nice one.

Nupes are out .

I dont think so, i dont think the Nupes can be ruled out like that. Oshodi tapa was a Lagos war general of nupe ancestry who was an adviser to oba kosoko of Lagos who ruled circa 1845-1851. It is said that his descendants are the ones that settled in present day oshodi in Lagos. I am not so sure, i would need someone here like katsumoto, mayor_of_Lagos aljharem, kiriji, shymexx e.t.c that has a deeper knowledge of yoruba history to help clarify this

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by oduaboy1: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Isn't it ironic that the only people foaming in the mouth on this thread are Igbos.....The itshekiris are not complaining so why taking pandol for another mans headache.

Gani adms didn't put a gun to the itshekiri elders heads for them to be a part and parcel of OPC.....it was their free will.

Nobody is stopping the ibos from also extending their hands of friendship to their anioma and ikwerre cousins in delta and rivers state respectively(if they will allow them without slashing off their greedy biafran hands)

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2013
lakhadimar: I dont think so, i dont think the Nupes can be ruled out like that. Oshodi tapa was a Lagos war general of nupe ancestry who was an adviser to oba kosoko of Lagos who ruled circa 1845-1851. It is said that his descendants are the ones that settled in present day oshodi in Lagos. I am not so sure, i would need someone here like katsumoto, mayor_of_Lagos aljharem, kiriji, shymexx e.t.c that has a deeper knowledge of yoruba history to help clarify this

i will read up on it.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by nedu666: 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
see as grown up adults are throwing abuse back and forth over notin. some people here hve never landed a punch, fought on the street or spilled blood before yet they are issuing threats back and forth. what do they want those of us that belonged to be doing.

AS FOR GANI OPC, he is idle so he need something to occupy him. the iteshikiris will neva wish for a repeat of the event of 1990s. yorubas are really funny where were they when ijaws, urhobos are killing their iteshikiri brodas, now thet think that by inaugrating opc in warri that means they own warri. these folks hve neva stepped foot in warri if they have they will known that warrri is for strong men not diplomats and critics.

as for their comminique of controlling their resources on land , sea and atmosphere, thaere is notin wrong with that except that for 8 years, 8 solid years, 12345678 a yoruba man ruled this nation with iron fist and all these should have been easy to accomplish yet not for one day did any yoruba man think of seccession or resource control. now they want resource control. they want to control their seaport, thinking others along the cost dont hve seaport or airport. No wahala however, in controlling ur resources others must control theirs, to include those working in the oil coys, whom to sell their crude to, decision of contolling the forex from their oil.

but knowing u people and ur invest and interest in oil, they will rather die than agree to quit the oil coys, what will happen to likes of oando, conoil, fort, caverton helicopter, gaslink, all the yorubas working in the oil coy. TALK IS CHEAP, LET ITESHIKIRI GO AND CLAIM WARRI, LET YORUBAS CONTROL RESOURCE THEN AWIAT RESPONSE FROM OTHERS
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by oduaboy1: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
nedu666: see as grown up adults are throwing abuse back and forth over notin. some people here hve never landed a punch, fought on the street or spilled blood before yet they are issuing threats back and forth. what do they want those of us that belonged to be doing.

AS FOR GANI OPC, he is idle so he need something to occupy him. the iteshikiris will neva wish for a repeat of the event of 1990s. yorubas are really funny where were they when ijaws, urhobos are killing their iteshikiri brodas, now thet think that by inaugrating opc in warri that means they own warri. these folks hve neva stepped foot in warri if they have they will known that warrri is for strong men not diplomats and critics.

as for their comminique of controlling their resources on land , sea and atmosphere, thaere is notin wrong with that except that for 8 years, 8 solid years, 12345678 a yoruba man ruled this nation with iron fist and all these should have been easy to accomplish yet not for one day did any yoruba man think of seccession or resource control. now they want resource control. they want to control their seaport, thinking others along the cost dont hve seaport or airport. No wahala however, in controlling ur resources others must control theirs, to include those working in the oil coys, whom to sell their crude to, decision of contolling the forex from their oil.

but knowing u people and ur invest and interest in oil, they will rather die than agree to quit the oil coys, what will happen to likes of oando, conoil, fort, caverton helicopter, gaslink, all the yorubas working in the oil coy. TALK IS CHEAP, LET ITESHIKIRI GO AND CLAIM WARRI, LET YORUBAS CONTROL RESOURCE THEN AWIAT RESPONSE FROM OTHERS
Stop blowing hot air over nothing.Did the yorubas force the itsekiri into the coalition?

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by OrigamiIII: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I hope Gani Adams, is not trying to send some silly youths to their early graves in Warri. Yorubas, are better advised to keep off the State of Delta. For the sake of peace, carry your bad belle politics far away from the big heart state. We don't take prisoners here, you will only get a one time warning.

Who you be? You be from warri to know the ancestral linkage between us,itsekiri and the yorubas? May be you be agbaro man Nah unable wan remain divided and in servitude to the ijaws. We and the ilajes bear the same name and speak almost the same dialect with very little variance. We know who dey with us no be you go lecture us.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
nedu666: see as grown up adults are throwing abuse back and forth over notin. some people here hve never landed a punch, fought on the street or spilled blood before yet they are issuing threats back and forth. what do they want those of us that belonged to be doing.

We were not invited into the war. They did not send SOS to us.

Now we have a mutually benefial unionization in place.

Going forward, write it down, any assault on them, it is an assault on us and it sha be treated that way.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
mandarin:

You yorubas are just high on crack.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Sloan: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh: I'm happy for this for the fact that I'm Yoritsekiri - born to an Itsekiri father and a Yoruba mother.

You're home bro - ALWAYS HOME! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by DerideGull(m): 6:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

If you are creole, find your way to Sierra Leone. Creole does not have a single root in Nigeria. Every free slave brought to Nigeria where of Nigerian descent. Why will a creole leave his Freetown to come to Nigeria then, when Sierra Leone and Liberia (SL neighbour) were freer towns than Lagos.

Your fore father's built Free town and we all know how it is. A capital with a stretch of tarred road. So your forefathers have always been following Portuguese to Eko since 15th century? Na wa o. The refugees of Liberia and Sierra Leone wars too will be telling us in 100years time, how they built Lagos.

Staying in Lagos makes you a Lagosian, it does not make you an indigene of Lagos. Only yorubas have the sole right to claim Lagos indigeneship. If you want to try I, get to your nearest LGA HQ and try it.

There is no lies and fallacies we don't hear on NL. It is no more igbo built lagos, it is now creole built lagos. Lagos don suffer wallahi.

I agree with you. Are you happy now.

superfool,

Please tell this Femi Fani-Kayode who had been claiming Creoles as Yoruba in his series of goofy rants.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

superfool,

Please tell this Femi Fani-Kayode who had been claiming Creoles as Yoruba in his series of goofy rants.

You this Agbaya, respect yourself now.

Your mates are in national assembly, you are here.......... please, just respect yourself. I won't like to insult you.

Thank you.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by DerideGull(m): 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Superfool1,

Are you sure the Oyo you referenced in the above goofy post is not Oyo ile?

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by DerideGull(m): 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

You this Agbaya, respect yourself now.

Your mates are in national assembly, you are here.......... please, just respect yourself. I won't like to insult you.

Thank you.

superfool1,

You know you can not bluff your way through with the above idiotic shenanigans.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2013

They have to step into Warri, then the phrase, "who no go no know" becomes applicable. As you said talk is cheap, let them come into Warri and open their mouth about any yoruba crap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The First Woman In Nigeria To Be A Governor / Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos / Justice, Sylvester Ngwuta Arraigned For False Asset Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.