Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77282 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2013
kennypoka2:
are you cr@zy or wat? oh God I really love ma country but if ppl like this still exist then wre are we heading too... y must u make everything tribal differences.. we are all one Nigeria. we all see qat is happening here or are you blind. u keep praising Jonathan. is something there for you or u are plain stup!d. pls just shut up and Neva talk again idi0tic fellow.. ma country shall b great whether we have ppl like you or not.

Just responding to comments I read on this thread
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bettermike: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2013
Voice of an Ink:
Why should an outpouring from my heart to God be addressed to the public? Am I writing a poem?(Probably) Why should a letter to popsi be spread out in the sun? Why should I ridicule my family in the name of resolving our private issues? Issues I didn't bother to address in public when I was a Commissioner; not even when I became a senator. We all know OBJ has had problems with his family members. A over-200-paged-book has been written to that effect. What's our business with her problems with her dad?

If this letter, considering its timing, is intended to discredit OBJ's letter to GEJ then, it's a childish attempt at a fallacy ad hominem. We've seen this sort of thing happening before. I'm not defending OBJ but he has raised serious allegations that require a reply and not an insult at his personality nor dismal by a wave of the hand.

OBJ may be guilty of the allegations he levied against GEJ; he may have problems with his family members; for all I care, he may even be a dictator in his home. The fact remains that a President of a country has been accused of grievous and impeachable offences and the people need a reply as soon as possible.

I'm expecting more events to unfold. Fingers crossed.

The Voice,
Son of an ink.
Very well said.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by LRNZH(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2013
kennypoka2:
are you cr@zy or wat? oh God I really love ma country but if ppl like this still exist then wre are we heading too... y must u make everything tribal differences.. we are all one Nigeria. we all see qat is happening here or are you blind. u keep praising Jonathan. is something there for you or u are plain stup!d. pls just shut up and Neva talk again idi0tic fellow.. ma country shall b great whether we have ppl like you or not.

Don't burn your e-time on this fellow Magical Bishop or so.

He's a Jonathananian or a even worse- a sympathiser.
His antecedents are clear.

He doesn't want to hear that the letter could be fake and the suspects would be his Kindergarten confederates.

Have some peace.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bettermike: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2013
Voice of an Ink:
Why should an outpouring from my heart to God be addressed to the public? Am I writing a poem?(Probably) Why should a letter to popsi be spread out in the sun? Why should I ridicule my family in the name of resolving our private issues? Issues I didn't bother to address in public when I was a Commissioner; not even when I became a senator. We all know OBJ has had problems with his family members. A over-200-paged-book has been written to that effect. What's our business with her problems with her dad?

If this letter, considering its timing, is intended to discredit OBJ's letter to GEJ then, it's a childish attempt at a fallacy ad hominem. We've seen this sort of thing happening before. I'm not defending OBJ but he has raised serious allegations that require a reply and not an insult at his personality nor dismal by a wave of the hand.

OBJ may be guilty of the allegations he levied against GEJ; he may have problems with his family members; for all I care, he may even be a dictator in his home. The fact remains that a President of a country has been accused of grievous and impeachable offences and the people need a reply as soon as possible.

I'm expecting more events to unfold. Fingers crossed.

The Voice,
Son of an ink.
Very well said.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Michaelbalogun: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo, go and make ur marriage work and stop answering Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by daseento(m): 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
ebamma: the woman is a fool if she really wrote this letter, as a matured lady of over 30yrs, if u held any grudges against your dad, the best thing to do, is to meet him personally and sort it out, as far as this world is concern, there is no perfect family, all families have their trying moments, it's just that many do not choose like her, to go to press with it
...........pls read again....DAD ISNT USE 2 LISTENING TO OTHERS OPINION.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by AbuHanifa: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
Chai. I no fit talk. Make I dey sell my Kampala dey go jeje. Abeg visit kampala-adire..com make u help me buy Kampala/Adire.

Na money Iyabo and Baba dey fight on top. Make I fight for my own on NL too.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Olril18(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2013
the letter is shockingly incoherent..
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bettermike: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Bash92:
Mrbadmarket, Obj was never our hero,he has always been a villain down here in the west......so if u dont av any tin to say again....just go nd sleep, no be by force to comment
Please Next time, speak for yourself and your household only. OBJ remains a hero to me.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Sweetlemon(f): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas: First off, this letter best be a fiction of Vanguard's imagination. If not... cry cry

But I'm not shocked anyways. I read 'Moji Obasanjo's Biography and most of what Iyabo is saying we're mentioned in there.

This is what I think, both Iyabo, Olusegun, Goodluck and Co cannot be absolved of any blame. This is the case of "Things Fall Apart, and the Center Cannot Hold". As the Yorubas will also say "Nkan to so won po, lo tu won ka"

All of them contributed in one way or the other to the situation Nigeria has found herself as a nation in present day. This is a classic case of mudslinging. Washing your dirty linens in public. Fighting like a pair of mad cows. Its a pity.

For Obasanjo to have written such a letter to Jonathan, I'm really sure it's not out of patriotism by the way things are presently but a deal gone sour somewhere along the line. Didn't he campaign for the guy too? Didn't he want to turn into a democratic dictator when he was also president (with the third term palaver?) Abegi, Baba, look bush. We have had enough of you. Mr. Jonathan, as for you...your day of reckoning is coming. You and your cohorts and sycophants should gear up and run Nigeria to the ground. Everyone of you will be in history

Iyabo, Ori e o pe rara undecided Did you win the elections that got you into the upper legislative house on your own steam or Daddy dearest? Would you lie that no extra kobo apart from your salary entered your deep pockets? Its not as if you are a saint yourself. Or you think people have forgotten the Adeife and Akinola Sodipo-Akindeko issue. What I read of that incident wasn't what you was quoted up there. Ibi ti eyan o si, Olorun wa nibe. You've just behaved like a classic Omo Ale.

All of you are criminals! All of you. angry angry Bunch of clowns. E kosi kuro jare

High five jare!

Don't mind them. From OBj to GEJ to Iyabo, they all have their skeletons.

If Iyabo truly wants to disown her father why is she still clinging on to his surname? Why not bear her husbands name only as a married woman? Is it not because of the power and connections that flow with the Obasanjo name? Did she win elections on her own? Let me tell you something. NO WOMAN in Nigeria can win common Councillor without having one god father somewhere protecting her. It could be her husband, father, brother, uncle, or her man-friend.

Nonsense!

She's really an omo ale!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by SUBMARINE: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2013
In the Bible we were told God rejected a Pharisees ( Self righteous religious person) when he said he is not like the tax collector ( sinner) who came to seek God's mercy. I wonder how God feels now that a Sinner(OBJ) said a humble sinner like GEJ supports corruption. One thing I know is that God has sent GEJ and his Generals to prevent a war as HE(God) uses them to restructure the nonsense Lugard did either through a better or separated Nigeria.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by solaabujan(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2013
Ebenezerk2: who has time to read all this?

Read and learn ....nofin is a waste
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Gamji007: 8:42am On Dec 18, 2013
bettermike: GBAM! I just kept laughing at the trivial issues she was proudly raising. Like hardlife was peculiar to her alone. WE TALKING IMPORTANT ISSUES LIKE REVELATION SNIPERS, CORRUPTION, NIGERIA'S UNITY ETC. She's talking dippers and unpaid house rent. Baba Obasanjo will be so ashamed of this girl ritenow i tell you.

No be lie!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by gbishman: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo or what ever u call your name, No child born of an African ever does this. The Bible simply says honour ur father and ur mother and note there is no clause saying if he/she is bad do not honour them. It says u must honour them. From all you have said i just goes to show how spoilt, disloyal and pampered by your mother. I am a son of a military man and every one ones what it is to be born into a milatary home its tough.
Obasanjo is a fine leader who has helped immensely in the shaping of the country we now see ad hold today and as a father as u rightly said he paid your school fees abroad which according to my parents are all they owe a child including shelter, heath care and love. My question to you spoilt lady is did you expect him to be sending you pocket money from here when your mates over there worked and their asses through university and even paid their tuition fees, accomodation and books them selves with out any help from parents and made something out of their lives. Now u came back home and your father out of love still went out of his way to still place u as a Senator of the federal republic of Nigeria and what did u achieve there nothing rather u tainted the name and image of your family and father.
Lady grow up and realise your fathers greatness and try to create your own foot prints in the sands of time ok.
Do not feel your father(obasanjo) is moved by such mediocrity, just because u are hungry and crave for public office in GEJ adminstration you'd rather expose secrets of your family to the public. Trust every family has its own secretes but no child exposes them to the public in a way that would put the family in a vulnerable state. You have no loyalty and as such no boby would trust u or ever take u serious.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by farolee(m): 8:43am On Dec 18, 2013
which Iyabo? the letter is fake.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 18, 2013
Olril18: the letter is shockingly incoherent..

Thank God another discerning mind noticed it as well. grin

+2

We need more to declare it fake and phony.

Why would someone older than 30 write something as dumb as this - and the timing as well. Except she was either hypnotised, or offered a huge sum of money she can't resist.

But you never know with Nigerians and Nigerian state-of-mind.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by UjSizzle(f): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2013
Daddy issues? undecided
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by amiskurie(m): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2013
lol,iyabo na omo-ale o....chei!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by millhouse: 8:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Go down low
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by toprealman: 8:45am On Dec 18, 2013
dick hardener: This is disgusting. Iyabo shut up. You are equally a thief and an irresponsible looser.It doesn't matter what your father did, you aren't going to leverage your aspiration for significant prominence on a platform of smearing your own father to 160million people. Strong head pikin, your status today is a product of your father's input whether at the preliminary stage of your life or a later part of it.
When you father decides to browse your missus I am sure your type will commit murder.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mkoabiola: 8:46am On Dec 18, 2013
I don't gv a damn about political letters.
All I want is infrastructures,job and gud standard of living.
Dey ar all polticians ,dis is usually d antics of distracting d average Nigerians.
Letter wil noTput food for d common man on d street ,who don't even care who iyabo or baba is.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jmaine: 8:46am On Dec 18, 2013
Gamji007:

Please, don't ever quote me if you have nothing reasonable to say? How does her letter affect Nigerians? That is her fuccking family grugde!

What matters most to Nigerians is the issue raised in OBJ's letter to GEJ and we expect a response unless if this Iyabo's letter is meant to divert attention!

Tell your master to respond to OBJ's letter! angry

I said go and read the entire letter before boring us with your foolishness.

You don't have an issue with OBJ hypocrisy in working behind closed door with the APC, while accusing the President of anti party activities simply because he refused to meddle negatively in an electoral process to favour his party like OBJ did. An electoral process that got the opposition winning polls they deserved.

You need to get your head checked.

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mixoull(m): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2013
Na letter level we dey now.. this could be the making of the speculation about Nigeria breaking up 2015, like play like play. it sad how intellectual people on Nairaland use big grammars only for the sake of comment, we just open stories, read, comment that's it'' waiting for the next story while things are falling apart. it time we act and stop ignoring the truth, nobody is willing to sacrifice his or her life for the betterment of tomorrow, death is inevitable, it was people that fought the war that gave you and I the opportunity to benefit the little bit we getting now
We should take the Bull by it Horn, This godfather issue in Nigeria politics is our major problem, Nigeria is a sort of organization with staffs working in it, whatever you are offered is what you get, this old men who believe they own Nigeria need to be flushed out either by spiritual or physical means, kill or lock them up.. sometimes i wish Nigerians has the mind of the Muslim countries..
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Acidosis(m): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Sweetlemon:

High five jare!

Don't mind them. From OBj to GEJ to Iyabo, they all have their skeletons.

If Iyabo truly wants to disown her father why is she still clinging on to his surname? Why not bear her husbands name only as a married woman? Is it not because of the power and connections that flow with the Obasanjo name? Did she win elections on her own? Let me tell you something. NO WOMAN in Nigeria can win common Councillor without having one god father somewhere protecting her. It could be her husband, father, brother, uncle, or her man-friend.

Nonsense!

She's really an omo ale!

With this mindset, Nigeria will never move forward in 100,000 years to come.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by djfaithy: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I took my time to read this letter twice. Goodluck has to explain his luck to Nigerians in one form or another. How can this letter show up in such a moment. Without replying OBJ, OBJ's daughter sent a nuclear bomb directly into his political heart. This man is finished in this land forever. How lucky can one person be in life. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I will never pick a fight with you. This is just surreal shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
. Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahaaha, bros se na brain u no get ,abi u just don't understand that this letter is just a reminder of what we already know and give no damn about, oh jesus, bros how can you just come into conclusion that this letter will ruin obj politically, eee ya, pele so gbo, keep dreaming oooo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by victorazy(m): 8:48am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I took my time to read this letter twice. Goodluck has to explain his luck to Nigerians in one form or another. How can this letter show up in such a moment. Without replying OBJ, OBJ's daughter sent a nuclear bomb directly into his political heart. This man is finished in this land forever. How lucky can one person be in life. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I will never pick a fight with you. This is just surreal shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My brother, if u've been speaking bad against GEJ in the previous years, plz ask God for forgivenes bcuz I later found out that GEJ is representing God in Nigeria (not joke) I was never his supporter, he is slow, dis and dat, but my brother I tell u this Nigerians will beg GEJ to continue 3rd term and he will refuse, mark today's date. God is using Satan's foolishness to fulfil His purpose to Nigeria, things are hapening in spiritual as am telling u. That single tenure would have been a very big trouph for GEJ but evil men was aware "God bless Nigeria".
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 989900: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2013

Probably you should.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by FolayanDiranMathew: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2013
This people of suprise all the time. Turn national issue as a family issue Wonderfu .huuuuuu daughter counter her father OgAOooooooo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by paranorman(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas: First off, this letter best be a fiction of Vanguard's imagination. If not... cry cry

But I'm not shocked anyways. I read 'Moji Obasanjo's Biography and most of what Iyabo is saying we're mentioned in there.

This is what I think, both Iyabo, Olusegun, Goodluck and Co cannot be absolved of any blame. This is the case of "Things Fall Apart, and the Center Cannot Hold". As the Yorubas will also say "Nkan to so won po, lo tu won ka"

All of them contributed in one way or the other to the situation Nigeria has found herself as a nation in present day. This is a classic case of mudslinging. Washing your dirty linens in public. Fighting like a pair of mad cows. Its a pity.

For Obasanjo to have written such a letter to Jonathan, I'm really sure it's not out of patriotism by the way things are presently but a deal gone sour somewhere along the line. Didn't he campaign for the guy too? Didn't he want to turn into a democratic dictator when he was also president (with the third term palaver?) Abegi, Baba, look bush. We have had enough of you. Mr. Jonathan, as for you...your day of reckoning is coming. You and your cohorts and sycophants should gear up and run Nigeria to the ground. Everyone of you will be in history

Iyabo, Ori e o pe rara undecided Did you win the elections that got you into the upper legislative house on your own steam or Daddy dearest? Would you lie that no extra kobo apart from your salary entered your deep pockets? Its not as if you are a saint yourself. Or you think people have forgotten the Adeife and Akinola Sodipo-Akindeko issue. What I read of that incident wasn't what you was quoted up there. Ibi ti eyan o si, Olorun wa nibe. You've just behaved like a classic Omo Ale.

All of you are criminals! All of you. angry angry Bunch of clowns. E kosi kuro jare
for this post, i love you so so much.. I like ur critism; so unbaised.. Finally, i meet my equal, my match.. I'v been waitin for you all my life! wink i am sherlock paranorman holmes..

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by katordidi(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2013
i do, u should too
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by nuelibe: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2013
Olodo.
OBJ letter to GEJ is real abi?
Empty head....

BabaOlowo: The Letter is FAKE!!!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Dospix(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2013
dick hardener: This is disgusting. Iyabo shut up. You are equally a thief and an irresponsible looser.It doesn't matter what your father did, you aren't going to leverage your aspiration for significant prominence on a platform of smearing your own father to 160million people. Strong head pikin, your status today is a product of your father's input whether at the preliminary stage of your life or a later part of it.
Sir, i expect your to contribute to this thread like a sane individual i assume you to be, but your narrowed minded contribution sways my insinuation from it current position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo At His Office Today / Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / Sowore Kicks Off A Nationwide #BuyReadApunch Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.