Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77277 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by agabaI23(m): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2013
Genius100:

Chief, but the letter is not signed. Have you wondered why?
That letter was not scanned and not many people have e-signature. If you look the pdf version you will see it is clear word document that wasn't scanned.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 18, 2013
Plus the letter is too incoherent. Made to wonder if the phd was not bought.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Acidosis(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Public officers in Nigeria are working for their personal gains...

Unfortunately, this is the greatest problem in this nation.

WHAT AN ENLIGHTMENT!

SO GEJ IS NOT THE ONLY 'DEVIL' IN NIGERIA...?
grin

Na wa o, and Nairalanders and APC made us believe GEJ is the devil behind our calamity grin grin

What a country full of animals on human skin grin
grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bettermike: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2013
jude33084:

Exactly my point! What she took God knows how long it took her to write is all about her family up bringing? is that what we want to hear?

Even if OBJ is as dirty as GEJ, at least 90% of the issues he raised in the open letter are what we all know about but fail to talk about it?

We hear of Iyabo today it is because of OBJ, not just because he is her father but he made sure Iyabo was part of the Nigerian history by making her a Senator in Nigeria.

When you remove OBJ influence, Iyabo is a nobody in the society yet she opens her mouth to spew those family trash in the public angry
GBAM! I just kept laughing at the trivial issues she was proudly raising. Like hardlife was peculiar to her alone. WE TALKING IMPORTANT ISSUES LIKE REVELATION SNIPERS, CORRUPTION, NIGERIA'S UNITY ETC. She's talking dippers and unpaid house rent. Baba Obasanjo will be so ashamed of this girl ritenow i tell you.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Lilimax(f): 8:25am On Dec 18, 2013
Julieccentric: Whoever is blaming Iyabo for not been a proper African cos of her write-up should shut-up! What have you gained from been “Proper Africans"? Bunch of hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ceejayluv(m): 8:25am On Dec 18, 2013
"Nigeria has
descended into a hellish reality where
smart, capable people to “survive”
and have their daily bread prostrate
to imbeciles. Everybody trying to pull
everybody else down with greed and
selfishness — the only traits that gets
you anywhere. Money must be had
and money and power is king. Even
the supposed down-trodden agree
with this."
Can't think of any truer statement describing Nigeria at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Lilimax(f): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2013
hayzed2: No reasonable daughter will talk to his father in
that manner in public no matter what. God
commanded us to honour our parents, in my
opinion even in every circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 8:26am On Dec 18, 2013
jmaine:

The notorious 'strong man' leadership Nigerians scream for . . .Am sure Team Buhari also love using the useless bold declarations above . . . .

Lovely response from Iyabo.. . . . cool

How can you blame them?
They have been so traumatized by Military dictatorship that has hijacked and kidnapped the affairs and fate of this Nation with the masses displaying Stockholm Syndrome.
Nigerians were reared like animals by their parents. Rules were enforced by the whip. The Military understood the role and efficiency of violence as a way in controlling the populace.
Today Nigerians are not happy with due process but want a governance that operates under fiat and under the helms of a dictator. That is why the likes of Buhari are being recycled and they expect us to accept a Military Junta head to function within the boundaries of the law under a democratic setting
Even that ungodly opposition has the audacity to claim democratic advocacy wherein there is no internal democracy within their fold.
Another thing of note with Nigerians just like all dehumanized people all over the world and in history is that they are easily swayed within the court of public opinion and as such witch huntings similar to public lynchings are a natural past time.

Ever drove a hot ride in Lagos? Well if you did you will understand how the avergae Nigerian will naturally loath you for being successfully. If looks could kill the occupants of one particular danfo by my side on one hot steaming day in Lagos traffic was enough for me to know that the mob will easily pounce on you for being more successful.

Nigerians have a long way to go!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Howmanage: 8:27am On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

Sir, I'll like to know your opinion about the letter, the timing, and perhaps the reason why you think she decided to open-the-pandora-box when the whole polity is heated.

1). Can you authenticate the letter? Personally, I believe someone who has a Ph.D from an Ivy league University wouldn't write something as disjointed and simplistic as this to the public, without proof-reading it. The letter looks like something written by an undergraduate student.

2). If she actually wrote the letter, what do you think the motive is and why now? Do you think she was compromised and given an offer she couldn't resist, hence why she sold her soul?

3). I don't know much about her history except the fact that her dad ruled the country. However, I believe she must have benefited from her dad's star-power/circle-of-influence in Nigerian politics. So why would she betray all that regardless of the infraction between the both of them? Do you think she's trying to kill two birds with one stone - clear her name while killing her dad politically - and at the same time get a retirement settlement from GEJ and disappear - since she's politically dead in Nigeria as asserted in the letter?

Regardless, from the write-up, I noticed she doesn't even see herself as a Nigerian. She cited her Ijebu-Yoruba grandma and alluded to Nigeria as a "British creation" - to buttress that. I guess that's why most of the public servants/officers in Nigeria don't really care about the country. It's safe to say that there's no Nigeria/Nigerian - just millions of disenfranchised people in a geographical location, trying to survive by any means necessary.

I await your response, Sir.

What a country!!! grin grin grin grin

Why do you call him "sir"? Just curious. Also, the bolded is reality
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Lilimax(f): 8:27am On Dec 18, 2013
iykak47: I like that part of the good book that says ''touch not my anointed'', Baba God will always fight for Jonathan, he did not reply Obj but now the replies and public disgrace obj is getting is from an unexpected quarter, Iyabo, yes his own daughter.

grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Gamji007: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2013
jmaine:

So you didn't see the message of OBJ telling Iyabo that the APC will help her get back to the senate.

Meanwhile the same OBJ was busy castigating the President on anti party conducts simply because the wishes of the people in Ondo,Edo and Anambra were allowed to stand at the polls.

You obviously did not read that letter, go back and do the needful.

Please, don't ever quote me if you have nothing reasonable to say? How does her letter affect Nigerians? That is her fuccking family grugde!

What matters most to Nigerians is the issue raised in OBJ's letter to GEJ and we expect a response unless if this Iyabo's letter is meant to divert attention!

Tell your master to respond to OBJ's letter! angry
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by beejay4all(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2013
Datz her family & personal wahala...can
smbody advise iyabo 2 change her
surname?...wat an ungrateful & shameless
daughter.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Edygrin(m): 8:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Truckpusher: I feel that Iyabo is only trying to be on GEJ's good book at least for now he dictates the tune and with too many enemies after him ,he wouldn't hesitate to jump into bed with strange bed fellows. grin
Just Imagine, it is this mentality that is killing this nation. If you sleep around with ho*s doesnt mean every1 does d same.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Chibest2000(m): 8:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Nobi 2day e don tee...

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mustaphagreens(m): 8:29am On Dec 18, 2013
See traffic cheesy Viewing this topic: maximas,
Castroii(m), Ditoya(m), haladug
(m), lancee(m), c-zay(m),
smithe113(m), akintayoo,
osemu8(m), imelachi(f),
cne010(m), CyrilWhyte(m), kajole,
big deal 007(m), motobid(m),
mohasy, Fernandinho,
oluwaseun8, Iwunnaji, zicjoe,
staint emres(m), Nogen, C-Eto-O
(f), Nwankpa Daniel, Validated,
mydex93(f), sensaraj(f), Pace
$etter, PN Clothing, adaybayor(m),
holy sina(m), Farm+, jovychika(f),
justy40, EXta, Pro02, adesqr(f),
femmyb, akonucheinfo(m),
virginboy1(m), Excellent7(m),
darex10, Enigma17(m), Chuksy
d'1(m), greaterlove, viexcey(f),
adeolajire(m), joeyztime(m),
Rejjie, Bensonite, ybahrbz91,
citizenY(m), spicyhoney(f), Ad+,
flossboss, manuell1021,
princesca, 2013(m),
Samabu07(m), ohbejay(m),
santiago madrid, Kachi188(m),
stan4b(m), BOLASB(m), Singalex
(m), modaland, babe_online(f),
mans112, mars123(m), Man TJ
(m), 1supremo, Akinmicky,
econome, Rothstein,
shessyfavour, Adonis4u, Biodun
Agboola(m), harde2lah, mide47,
smogup, bettermike, azyaq(m),
chiketee(m), Spiritmask, MDMA,
dipoley2k(f), aijaydiva(f),
Definitive(m), owochy(m),
personal59(m), saved, tope56,
sladen(m), Edygrin(m), nacortic
(m), Gamji007, PECO4KING, Berith,
dremaster(m), quest003,
manutayo(m), folamee, Allen kee,
eldav(m), Inik(m), SamConquer
(m), louken(m), andrizzy1,
fabulous4u, Jazz247, GEJman,
toluwatos(m), Dr Lekansamod,
dollyparton(m), Janet101(f),
bassette(m), Pukkah, sodyc5050,
logica(m), boss1310(m),
50calibre(m), solash, Dr Ferlie(m),
Clerverly, akejujoe(f), haryurmide
(m), adekayo_1234(m), keswagz,
afolabi1992, eshie, RockMaxi,
blackedwin, baoku, ronski,
temi777, olaideadedoyin(m),
9jamynation4lyf(m), Philistine,
Hanashel, edrys(m),
Edmanpumpin(m), Ola def2(m),
CHESSBOARD(m), binoe, dan b.
david, mnhlimited, skies(m), Feraz
(m), Makavelli099,
kevotek1000(m), kayrichy,
ikeyman00(m), DAY11.(m),
Chikezie Emma, Boscojugunu(m),
2good(m), saintegs(m), datola,
piratedcopy(m), Dr9ce(m),
rbjimoh, ryom(m), murphyt,
theoctopus, Gdjay, Magnetron,
Tmex, damilola231(f), Drecia(m),
lee007(m), nxanadu, ikes9(m),
albiol, gennygenny, jhydebaba
(m), Eneze1(f), kingston247,
dolapobello1(m), DJTee,
nnafather(m), Fesido and 201
guest(s)
see them with their shiny eyes grin, them wan read open letter. Make una go back to una work, the letter no concern una. Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jude33084(m): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2013
boss1310: some people still want to believe that the letter is fake so as to still continue castigating jonathan.have we ever stop to think that the man is legitimately an executive president of nigeria who have every right to contest in 2015.anybody who say or do anything to heat up nigeria's polity is among those destroying nigeria,this goes to everybody who attack jonathan and still want his administration to be perfect tell me how is that possible.
obj didnt write his letter out of patriotism neither does the daughter but it doesnt change the fact that obj should be an elder statesman and stop taking sides,he should know when to retire

I believe as a Nigerian president GEJ has the right to contest for 2015 regardless of any gentle agreement he entered into with PDP undecided but that does not stop the fact that what the issues OBJ raised was irrelevant?

Tabo Mbeki the former south African president raise such issues barely 3weeks ago about this same Nigerian administration.

Can you point out from the daughters open letter an issue that she raise that will help Nigeria?

FYI: I voted for GEJ wink
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2013
chris baba: Plus the letter is too incoherent. Made to wonder if the phd was not bought.

My sentiment, bruv.

She cited Cornell and USC, and she lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

I definitely expected something better.

The letter looks like a rant than anything else, to be honest. grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by MsNas(f): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2013
mobuch: Its so sad that this sort of scandals and shame emanates from only the yoruba tribe; you can never hear this happening in an ibo or hausa family; this scandal only shows a complete breakdown in family values in the yoruba land.

I say it again and i repeat it again, i dont care what some idiottas here might say about me, but yeriba people are the most disgraceful and shameless set of people walking on the surface of this earth; there is hardly no family in yeriba land where an abomination hasnt and is still being commited.

Iyabo is also as shameless and as stupid as that old cock called obasonjo; they should both be arrested and shhot dead for bleeding this country bad. Abominable fools.
Ko ni da fun e.....because if the bolded. ko ni da fun e rara rara, Iwo Oloshi yi

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Kei144(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo is a very wise lady. In his letter to Jonathan, Obasanjo wrote that he is not afraid to die. He considers that after all he is already an old man and he has enjoyed maximally much of his years on earth; so, even if he is killed now, he doesn't have much to lose. The big problem however, is that if there is any coup against Jonathan, Obasanjo will be seen as one of the people that provoked the coup. Some people could target some revenge action against Obasanjo's children. Iyabo is wise enough to know this, and that is why she has to wash her hands and that of her siblings off Obasanjo's actions, publicly. That is why she cited the assassination attempt against her, which led to the death of five people. As for those who think that she is doing this to curry Jonathan's favor, she clearly indicated in the letter that she is finished with Nigerian politics. In fact, in the letter, she completely disconnected herself and her siblings from Nigeria and from Obasanjo (by saying that this is her last letter to him).

Obasanjo is really reckless. He certainly doesn't care a hoot about his children. Kudos to Iyabo for acting to save herself and her siblings from the consequences of Obasanjo's actions.

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by scribe2000(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2013
Even with all my dislike for OBJ, I feel this letter is so damaging that I "hope" Iyabo will come out tomorrow to deny it. But my sixth sense tells me the lady knows exactly what she has just done. It is a blow delivered with one single purpose in mind, and packaged to have maximum effect. It was designed simply TO DESTROY OBJ forever.

Even by Naija standards, where evil leaders are accepted as the norm, the letter is a shocker! Most Nigerians will not ignore this. Even if Iyabo denies it tomorrow, I'm afraid the damage is done already.

OBJs response will be interesting. I expect a response (if its by a noisy silence), either directly or indirectlly from his unrepentant loyalists like FFK. Politically, he will not survive this.
This is a political obituary (even though everyone but he himself would have thought he has acheived it all anyway). I hope it is not the beginning of a real obituary as well, given that this has the capacity to affect life and health.

All of the retired soldier's efforts and (dis)service to Nigeria has just been washed down the drain. He has won many wars and battles (either by divine or other means), but it seems he has just lost the simplest of battles to none other than his own flesh and blood.

We keep watching, as this is not the end...
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Acidosis(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2013
"Nigeria has descended into a hellish reality where smart, capable people to “survive” and have their daily bread prostrate to imbeciles. Everybody trying to pull everybody else down with greed and selfishness — the only traits that gets you anywhere. Money must be had and money and power is king. Even the supposed down-trodden agree with this."

I will save this quote.
This is the summary of the "country" NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by LRNZH(m): 8:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Gamji007:

Please, don't ever quote me if you have nothing reasonable to say? How does her letter affect Nigerians? That is her fuccking family grugde!

What matters most to Nigerians is the issue raised in OBJ's letter to GEJ and we expect a response unless if this Iyabo's letter is meant to divert attention!

Tell your master to respond to OBJ's letter! angry

I agree with you with less caustic adjectives.

It is a grudge letter that is of no service to the Nigeria populace. Whether she wrote it herself or was made to look like she did.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bayulll01(m): 8:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Ebenezerk2: who has time to read all this?
Stupiidity at highest esteem no wonder nigeria is govern by clueeless and slowpoke leaders,when the citizen cannot read and learn,we all deserve those foools we av at the top,God help nigera
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2013
How on earth did Obasanjo rule in the 1st place.. A Man who doesn't love his family can't love a country ... All he has done has been for his benefit and more are to come if we don't put an end to this. Iyabo thank you for Opening your Father's yansh to the Country. And truly everthing she said is true . Majority of Nigerians are Ungrateful with so much ego. GOD HELP NIGERIA BEFORE OTHER CATASTROPHES BEFALL THIS COUNTRY.... AMEN. cry

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by kennypoka2(m): 8:33am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

But some doubting thomases think this is the hand work of Okupe grin grin grin

When it comes to GEJ haters the phrase; The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend aptly describes them.

Now they have made an unusual staunch but reserved support for OBJ on this matter. OBJ that ruled and chaired their dreaded and despised PDP for 8 yrs!

This goes to show that the APC etouts are just walking tribal zombies who hate Jonathan purely on his tribe and nothing else.

are you cr@zy or wat? oh God I really love ma country but if ppl like this still exist then wre are we heading too... y must u make everything tribal differences.. we are all one Nigeria. we all see qat is happening here or are you blind. u keep praising Jonathan. is something there for you or u are plain stup!d. pls just shut up and Neva talk again idi0tic fellow.. ma country shall b great whether we have ppl like you or not.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2013
Howmanage:

Why do you call him "sir"? Just curious. Also, the bolded is reality

That's my old skool triple O.G - those who paved the way for us where I was born and raised.

He was part of those of marched for us in 80's and 90's London and helped us bridge-the-gap between African and Caribbean youths on these gully streets.

So, he's like a proper older to me and out here, we pay homage to the olders. grin

Anyway, don't derail the thread.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Bagayouche: 8:34am On Dec 18, 2013
All of them are the same thing. Obasanjo,G E J and the so called Iyabo. They are all fraudstars we need the divine intervention of God.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by donphilopus: 8:34am On Dec 18, 2013
Ok, I've seen it! No enough punctuations, nothing-nothing.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by sarutobie(m): 8:34am On Dec 18, 2013
gboss4sure: Is only those that doesn't know obasanjo or those that makes money from him will ever take that scam of a man seriously. Obasanjo dictates what happens in APC and PDP and he sees himself as the owner of Nigeria who can do whatever he likes, GEJ had a disagreement with him on some issues and the result was the stupid letter he shamelessly wrote.

Maybe you guys should ask yourselves why APC, Tinibu, Tambuwal never gets to insult or call obasanjo names despite the crimes he commited and still commiting, is because they are his foot soldiers whom he uses to fufil his selfish desires, if you think APC is coming to rescue Nigeria then you are in for a more bigger suprise. Only a revolution that will consume this corrupt men will save Nigeria, no political party will, GEJ came with a Good heart to make Nigeria better but they are frustrating him because the source of their looting is been shutdown, attacking him from every angle even the most corrupt citizen of Nigeria now calls GEJ a corrupt man and people gets to follow and sing his praises. Our change is very very very far.
Refer back to what Iyabo said..nigerians deserve the leaders they get..callous and hypocrites.they worship power and neglect logical reasoning,never asking 'how' and 'why',gullible and quick to forget..

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Jopipeline: 8:34am On Dec 18, 2013
I don't believe this letter; it is not coming from Iyabo Obasanjo. This is Fake!! Mark my words.....
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by emsheddy(m): 8:34am On Dec 18, 2013
dick hardener: This is disgusting. Iyabo shut up. You are equally a thief and an irresponsible looser.It doesn't matter what your father did, you aren't going to leverage your aspiration for significant prominence on a platform of smearing your own father to 160million people. Strong head pikin, your status today is a product of your father's input whether at the preliminary stage of your life or a later part of it.
just imagine wat an adult had to say. I shake my head for u cos ur case is like dat of nigeria. Ur own don bad die. Use your brains dude

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo At His Office Today / Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / Sowore Kicks Off A Nationwide #BuyReadApunch Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.