Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77279 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jmaine: 8:04am On Dec 18, 2013
sarutobie:
That is the kind of leadership they deserve..one that whips them in line while looting them simulteneously..anything different from that is termed 'weak' and 'clueless'..bunch of barbarians

Exactly, they love to declare god like status to beings who are mere mortals.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Okikiade(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2013
God've mercy! Even if the come now Nigerians won't believe him;bunch of corrupted brains! Today,PDP's evil while the desperadoes are portraying themselves saint! Why can't we practice CONFEDERALISM to expose each region capacity to work as a unit! No one's a saint; OBJ,Tinubu,Buhari,IBB etc. How can the APC says IBB a patriotic leader now that he's in league with them? God dey watch sha
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I took my time to read this letter twice. Goodluck has to explain his luck to Nigerians in one form or another. How can this letter show up in such a moment. Without replying OBJ, OBJ's daughter sent a nuclear bomb directly into his political heart. This man is finished in this land forever. How lucky can one person be in life. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I will never pick a fight with you. This is just surreal shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
are u sure u read this letter?because wht the lady wrote and what u re say re diff.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by VoiceofanInk(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2013
Why should an outpouring from my heart to God be addressed to the public? Am I writing a poem?(Probably) Why should a letter to popsi be spread out in the sun? Why should I ridicule my family in the name of resolving our private issues? Issues I didn't bother to address in public when I was a Commissioner; not even when I became a senator. We all know OBJ has had problems with his family members. A over-200-paged-book has been written to that effect. What's our business with her problems with her dad?

If this letter, considering its timing, is intended to discredit OBJ's letter to GEJ then, it's a childish attempt at a fallacy ad hominem. We've seen this sort of thing happening before. I'm not defending OBJ but he has raised serious allegations that require a reply and not an insult at his personality nor dismal by a wave of the hand.

OBJ may be guilty of the allegations he levied against GEJ; he may have problems with his family members; for all I care, he may even be a dictator in his home. The fact remains that a President of a country has been accused of grievous and impeachable offences and the people need a reply as soon as possible.

I'm expecting more events to unfold. Fingers crossed.

The Voice,
Son of an ink.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by VoiceofanInk(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2013
Why should an outpouring from my heart to God be addressed to the public? Am I writing a poem?(Probably) Why should a letter to popsi be spread out in the sun? Why should I ridicule my family in the name of resolving our private issues? Issues I didn't bother to address in public when I was a Commissioner; not even when I became a senator. We all know OBJ has had problems with his family members. A over-200-paged-book has been written to that effect. What's our business with her problems with her dad?

If this letter, considering its timing, is intended to discredit OBJ's letter to GEJ then, it's a childish attempt at a fallacy ad hominem. We've seen this sort of thing happening before. I'm not defending OBJ but he has raised serious allegations that require a reply and not an insult at his personality nor dismal by a wave of the hand.

OBJ may be guilty of the allegations he levied against GEJ; he may have problems with his family members; for all I care, he may even be a dictator in his home. The fact remains that a President of a country has been accused of grievous and impeachable offences and the people need a reply as soon as possible.

I'm expecting more events to unfold. Fingers crossed.

The Voice,
Son of an ink.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bettermike: 8:08am On Dec 18, 2013
Kings@77:
Having read Iyabo Obasanjo's letter,which I'm sure her dad must have read too,my conclusion is that families will start to break-off before Nigeria will break into pieces.
Though she might be right,but if she is a well brought-up child (by her mother) as she has claimed,she need not to make the letter public,but I smell rat about this letter,somethings will unfold very very soon in this country so I urge all Nigerians to be on the look-out and be ready for whatever may come,but most importantly be watchful and GUARD YOURSELVES AND YOUR TERRITORY.
She said she was well brought up. Yet she spreads her dirty lenen in public. A disgraceful child.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by gratiaeo(m): 8:08am On Dec 18, 2013
You called me after your vengeful letter as usual, looking out for yourself and thinking you will bribe me by saying the APC will use me for the Senate.
That is the potion that interest me, with this PDP should hastily suspend OBJ for working for APC in advance

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by akdjr(m): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2013
If this is true, Iyabo just want to come into power through the backyard. she has fail and we continue to fail since you have chosen not to respect your father or honour him to have a long days on earth.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by adeoladrg(m): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Baddest Line: When Yar’Adua eventually died, you
stayed alive, I would have expected you to jump
into his grave...

Choi, Iyabo is sour bitter.. but then..

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by agabaI23(m): 8:11am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic: This Jonathan is actually having support and powers from higher up the escalator.

The phrase "Touch Not My anointed" seems to work for him.

Just when his enemies think he is finished by providence their own undoing is usually be their own mechanism.

So true my friend, so true

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 18, 2013
flying dutchman: ARE YOU BLIND, HOW COULD SUCH A DETAILED LETTER BE A FAKE...I FELT HER SOUL IN THAT LETTER...ALL I CAN DO IS TO PRAY FOR NIGERIA
u're definitely not original if u b'liev she wrote that poo! Beside I expect all u GEJ e-warriors to add some salt to ur game by now!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Bash92(m): 8:11am On Dec 18, 2013
badmrkt: OBJ from hero(to yorubas) to villain!...
Mrbadmarket, Obj was never our hero,he has always been a villain down here in the west......so if u dont av any tin to say again....just go nd sleep, no be by force to comment
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by switgoody(f): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2013
If Ʊ̲̣̣̣̥ want us τ̅☺ believe that Ʊ̲̣̣̣̥ don't want τ̅☺ av anything τ̅☺ do wit ur father as uve said, then stop usin his name and stick τ̅☺ ur husband name. undecided
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by netflydotcom(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2013
The story is too long,who will write about xmas card and new year card
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jmaine: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2013
Gamji007:

What message did she pass that is new, of what importance is the message to Nigerians?

We are still waiting for your master's reply to OBJ's letter.

I'm also expecting another letter from Patience to Allison! lipsrsealed

So you didn't see the message of OBJ telling Iyabo that the APC will help her get back to the senate.

Meanwhile the same OBJ was busy castigating the President on anti party conducts simply because the wishes of the people in Ondo,Edo and Anambra were allowed to stand at the polls.

You obviously did not read that letter, go back and do the needful.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by dude99(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2013
Me self don dey think say senetor Patrick oba-something...help her with some of the english in the upper paragraphs.To me ooo,i think Obj's letter to GEJcan bring GEJ to his senses unless he is an adamant man,but i don't agree with iyabo mentioning the number of times her father was the president then,even at that time things were still stable then.I consider it as stupidity,improper education,and lack of manners for johnathan to contest in the next election,GEJ is an example of students that went to school to get grades and not acquire knowledge,infact even with his ph.d,he still behave like those guy that refuse to go to class in the secondary school day but prefers the bush instead.How can a president still think of contesting when many pple have lot there lives to bombs,gunshot because he is the president,i have even started thinking now that GEJ is not a thinking being.
In the last paragraph,i think Iyabo obasanjo have publicly disowned her Father!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by zeennurei(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2013
This is bullshit, who is Iyabo in Nigerian political atmosphere, i repeat who is iyabo in Nigerian political atmosphere.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nevahateme(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2013
Pls ooo are some of you sure that you read d letter at all or just d headline cos some of your comment seem a lot like someone suffering from unknown disease(Nt an insult oo just saying d fact). Reason b4 u comment and nt vice versa
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by omajali2003(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2013
In summary, Obasasojo is a reflection of Nigeria and Nigeria is a reflection of Obasanjo- corrupt, callous, hypocitical and self-serving!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jmaine: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2013
zeen nurei: This is bullshit, who is Iyabo in Nigerian political atmosphere, i repeat who is iyabo in Nigerian political atmosphere.

How does this neutralize the stinging content of her letter . . .
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by boss1310(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2013
some people still want to believe that the letter is fake so as to still continue castigating jonathan.have we ever stop to think that the man is legitimately an executive president of nigeria who have every right to contest in 2015.anybody who say or do anything to heat up nigeria's polity is among those destroying nigeria,this goes to everybody who attack jonathan and still want his administration to be perfect tell me how is that possible.
obj didnt write his letter out of patriotism neither does the daughter but it doesnt change the fact that obj should be an elder statesman and stop taking sides,he should know when to retire
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mmimahbub(m): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2013
sambama: Hehehe... Time for OBJ to hide in his animal farm. I'm loving GEJ the more. It's obvious that OBJ's letter isn't written out of love for Nigeria but to sell a cheap point for the opposition(APC). Let's not forget how OBJ tried installing El Rufai, Buhari and Okonjo-Iweala, till he saw that he couldn't match GEJ's political might and made a hypocritical U-turn. We shouldn't also forget how Saint (yeye) Tinubu sold his party's 2011 presidential ticket and betrayed Buhari too after some tip from Aso Rock rightly ochestrated by the father of crooks (OBJ). Reading both letters and El-Rufai's accidential public servant shows how quickly Nigerians forget her real enemies.
On my part having been a victim of Buhari's Boko Haram supporters who were bitter that a Notherner lost the presidential elections, I'm advicing any intending Youth Corper (especially the southerners) to outrightly reject any attempt to be posted to any part of the North anytime around the election year. Those who are posted should refuse to participate in the elections. Let Buhari and his cohorts (terror trainees) do that, he can become the president of the North with El Rufai as his vice. Tinubu should take care of his Narcotic life and stop acting like one deluded legend, we all know he can betray APC agin when the time comes. For me, [size=14pt]I hope to see GEJ there again,[/size] OBJ is the one training snippers and planning to overthrow the Govt, he should be given 20 years (he'll obviously be gone before its expiration) in prison. His letter isn't different from those used to overthrow Govts in the past by claiming gross corruption e.t.c, and hence gaining public sympathy before outsing them (Buhari is a trained orator in that game). Thank you Iyabo, I know you wrote this letter, just like I'm sure OBJ wrote the first letter to GEJ. The only thing I hate about GEJ is that he allows these cowards to sleep in luxury homes instead of Kirikiri.
Hatred and bitter only cloud your eyes from reality.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jude33084(m): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2013
bettermike: She said she was well brought up. Yet she spreads her dirty lenen in public. A disgraceful child.

Exactly my point! What she took God knows how long it took her to write is all about her family up bringing? is that what we want to hear?

Even if OBJ is as dirty as GEJ, at least 90% of the issues he raised in the open letter are what we all know about but fail to talk about it?

We hear of Iyabo today it is because of OBJ, not just because he is her father but he made sure Iyabo was part of the Nigerian history by making her a Senator in Nigeria.

When you remove OBJ influence, Iyabo is a nobody in the society yet she opens her mouth to spew those family trash in the public angry
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 18, 2013
Is only those that doesn't know obasanjo or those that makes money from him will ever take that scam of a man seriously. Obasanjo dictates what happens in APC and PDP and he sees himself as the owner of Nigeria who can do whatever he likes, GEJ had a disagreement with him on some issues and the result was the stupid letter he shamelessly wrote.

Maybe you guys should ask yourselves why APC, Tinibu, Tambuwal never gets to insult or call obasanjo names despite the crimes he commited and still commiting, is because they are his foot soldiers whom he uses to fufil his selfish desires, if you think APC is coming to rescue Nigeria then you are in for a more bigger suprise. Only a revolution that will consume this corrupt men will save Nigeria, no political party will, GEJ came with a Good heart to make Nigeria better but they are frustrating him because the source of their looting is been shutdown, attacking him from every angle even the most corrupt citizen of Nigeria now calls GEJ a corrupt man and people gets to follow and sing his praises. Our change is very very very far.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jmaine: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2013
dude99: Me self don dey think say senetor Patrick oba-something...help her with some of the english in the upper paragraphs.To me ooo,i think Obj's letter to GEJcan bring GEJ to his senses unless he is an adamant man,but i don't agree with iyabo mentioning the number of times her father was the president then,even at that time things were still stable then.I consider it as stupidity,improper education,and lack of manners for johnathan to contest in the next election,GEJ is an example of students that went to school to get grades and not acquire knowledge,infact even with his ph.d,he still behave like those guy that refuse to go to class in the secondary school day but prefers the bush instead.How can a president still think of contesting when many pple have lot there lives to bombs,gunshot because he is the president,i have even started thinking now that GEJ is not a thinking being.
In the last paragraph,i think Iyabo obasanjo have publicly disowned her Father!

What is this one muttering . . . .? undecided

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by adeoladrg(m): 8:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Moral Lesson: Give birth to the amount of children you can adequately train. Obj failed here.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bettermike: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2013
ziccoit: Iyabo was actually neglected and not-properly-trained African child otherwise she wouldn't have washed down her father in public.

She doesn't know a greater percentage of her colleagues are either touts or now riding okada to survive back home while she is making it good in USA courtesy of the same father she is washing down.
How many nigerians realy get the rare opportunity to study abroad or Queens college. This deluded child did; yet she remains ungrateful. Or did she think her senate seat didnt have her father's hand in it? SHAMEFUL OFFSPRING. Obasanjo would be regreting he didnt abort this poo earlyon.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by yetunsbay(m): 8:19am On Dec 18, 2013
sambama:
In Yoruba custom, Fathers are allowes to molest their wives and children like some drunk danfo driver right? In Yoruba custom, old men are allowed to write malicious letters for their selfish political gains, right? In Yoruba custom, fathers are allowed to come out to publicly insult and denounce their children like OBJ and to publicly insult others too, right? Thank you. Smh
gud questns bt u must be able to comprehend dat all ur aforementioned are based on personal character bt differs fr rudiment Yoruba custom.So my final premise is no matter wot, a Yoruba child wudnt write such a leta publicly to his/her father brot me to d conclusn dat she wasnt d one...let's b eagle-eyed sha
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: A heartfelt outpour shaped by years of parental neglect, laden with so many tragic turns.

Sir, I'll like to know your opinion about the letter, the timing, and perhaps the reason why you think she decided to open-the-pandora-box when the whole polity is heated.

1). Can you authenticate the letter? Personally, I believe someone who has a Ph.D from an Ivy league University wouldn't write something as disjointed and simplistic as this to the public, without proof-reading it. The letter looks like something written by an undergraduate student.

2). If she actually wrote the letter, what do you think the motive is and why now? Do you think she was compromised and given an offer she couldn't resist, hence why she sold her soul?

3). I don't know much about her history except the fact that her dad ruled the country. However, I believe she must have benefited from her dad's star-power/circle-of-influence in Nigerian politics. So why would she betray all that regardless of the infraction between the both of them? Do you think she's trying to kill two birds with one stone - clear her name while killing her dad politically - and at the same time get a retirement settlement from GEJ and disappear - since she's politically dead in Nigeria as asserted in the letter?

Regardless, from the write-up, I noticed she doesn't even see herself as a Nigerian. She cited her Ijebu-Yoruba grandma and alluded to Nigeria as a "British creation" - to buttress that. I guess that's why most of the public servants/officers in Nigeria don't really care about the country. It's safe to say that there's no Nigeria/Nigerian - just millions of disenfranchised people in a geographical location, trying to survive by any means necessary.

I await your response, Sir.

What a country!!! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2013
But if GEj wins this 2015 election, all these men should better flee far away, while majority of nigerians pleas nd suffering would fall on deaf ears, then, the administration would soley focus on punishing APC. So pdp can continue. NIGERIANS PLEASE BE WISE.

Iyabo is a bitter child, like many other children, her pain does not make obasanjos cintribution to societal balance void. If obasanjo cldnt write his letter, who else in d country would have written nd Gej would feel it.

I am gravely disappointed in iyabo who saya her mother trained her well yet she spews insults at her father like he is her peer. Trash!!!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Raxxye(m): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2013
akpomeme:
Make e be... Body dey pepper you say she expose her papa? Abi this works against your APC agenda.
Lol. I can't help but laugh at you!
What is the new thing she told us about her dad that we do not already know? Her write-up is simply awash with the characteristic ''better than thou'' attitude which her father is also infamous for. My annoyance is with her insult on the electorate, simply because the people felt she wasn't good enough for second tenure and voted her out. And now she suddenly realized they do not want a purposeful leadership. They wish her to feed from the gutter and all the trash! Why is she crying?

For your information, I'm no aplogist for APC, PDP or any political group for that matter. I know they are all same content in different wraps! I stand for good governance wherever it can be found!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo At His Office Today / Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / Sowore Kicks Off A Nationwide #BuyReadApunch Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.