Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage (18146 Views)

Kaduna Assembly Passes Bill On Master Plan Into Law / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins / Enugu Assembly Passes Bill Banning Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:

Oh, I know who he is but It was my mother who carried me for 9months and breastfed me for 1 and a half years so she was my provider and comforter. Father ko, father no. There is no point. I can't wait when we will be able to ptocreate from cells taken from our body. You will tend understand how useless the idea of same sex marriage illegality is. We can save many who went through what your mother did at 5.

you cant impregnate someone @ 5. thats absurd and impossible.

anyways cut the c.rap. this is too childish.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a pure person!

You are a person!

Why should I have the right to "allow" my wife her "human rights"?

Cretin, are you from the same school of logic as Bros G?

Another person product of a failed education system. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Stop acting ignorant to his question, you know exactly what he meant. When a woman gets married she automatically has to be under the husband. Compare the rights you have as a husband to the rights a woman has in the marriage. She practically serves the man, seeks permission before doing anything. If polygamous relationships were ok with you and as you need not the wife's permission, will you be ok with her entering other marriages? You know if you say no she wouldn't, it's just how society has made it. You own 70% of her rights.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

you cant impregnate someone @ 5. thats absurd and impossible.

anyways cut the c.rap. this is too childish.

It is not impossible. It has happenef. Do your research. I will stop if you stop talking nonsense
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:
It is not impossible. It has happenef. Do your research. I will stop if you stop talking nonsense

show me proof.

I dont care dude. I dont have time for this shyt.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

show me proof.

I dont care dude. I dont have time for this shyt.
You are on the internet and you want me to show you proof? Nawa for you oo.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:

Stop acting ignorant to his question, you know exactly what he meant. When a woman gets married she automatically has to be under the husband. Compare the rights you have as a husband to the rights a woman has in the marriage. She practically serves the man, seeks permission before doing anything. If polygamous relationships were ok with you and as you need not the wife's permission, will you be ok with her entering other marriages? You know if you say no she wouldn't, it's just how society has made it. You own 70% of her rights.

In your product of a failed education world, not mine!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:
You are on the internet and you want me to show you proof? Nawa for you oo.

ok i checked. its all rare cases.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:

You are comparing same sex marriage to sexually abusing a child?

Na wa for you.
So same sex marriage is more grievious to you than sexually abusing an innocent child that knows nothing? Na wa for you

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by victorv12(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
The useless senators should pass the Petroleum Industrial Bill (PIB) not the same sex marriage...Maybe a bill regarding the castration of p*dophiles will be welcomed by Nigerians!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Prodigalson1(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
All those guys dat put on skinny jeans and tight gayish bodyhug shirts should b sentenced to 7 years imprisonment. The outfit is enough evidence to declare such persons gay.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Prodigalson1(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
All those guys dat put on skinny jeans and tight gayish bodyhug shirts should b sentenced to 7 years imprisonment. The outfit is enough evidence to declare such persons gay.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Soloter(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
mink505:

nigerian govt takes itself way too seriously. who cares about a dumb useless Nigerian marriage certificate?
Nigerian marriage certificate has no meaning. just a useless piece of paper that is only needed when you apply for visa to leave Nigeria grin

hahaha anybody who operates any organization or protest that challenges the corruption of our politicians will also be killed or arrested so what's new here? police beat and arrest people for simple reasons as not paying bribes. so what's d difference between a homosexual citizen and a non-homosexual Nigerian citizen from a political perspective? we are all slaves and prisoners. Nigeria has no human rights. whether you are gay or non-gay, you can still be arrested for no reason. we have a non-functional govt and our politicians are worse than the homosexuals. Don't let us fall for this scam.

yet we nigerians are very stupid. our dictatorial government pit us against each other and we don't see it. we assume that gays are the scapegoats. when in fact, all Nigerians are at risk of violent attacks. if you join the government to persecute gays, don't complain when the government comes to persecute you. Nigerian govt has no respect for anybody. whether you are gay or not.

don't fall for the tricks. let's not fool ourselves. you are no better than the gays you are condemning. neither do you have more rights than them in reality. before we know it, we will be living under sharia or abacha reincarnate.
this gay is weeping!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by peterphd(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
dinachi:

I have not seen you fight racism with the kind of energy you are using to fight for homosexual rights! I have not seen you fight corruption with the same energy....I have not seen you fight other vices with the same vigor...My friend you ARE homosexual!

I will only take such challenge with a person whose brain is not addled by the shit digging of the homosexual lifestyle. You don't qualify!

You think you can come here and spew thrash about your despicable lifestyle and attract sympathy? I repeat you are DENSE!

Nigga, there's no racism to fight in Nigeria as We are all black here .Stay on topic.This thread isn't for questioning our sexualitiy. I am straight and I don't need you to validate that.You can't take the challenge because you fear it.I haven't seen you attack corruption too. Sore loser

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Validated: 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
A very positive move in the right direction.

They need to pass the Petroleum Industry Bill next. That bill is being over-politicized. APCnow controlling both Senate and House of Rep should push for this bill passage otherwise, they do not have the interest of you and I at heart.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
Symphony007: Oh! Thank God!! The senate has finally ban gay marraige. All our problems as a nation will start disappearing one by one. I'm tired of all these gays waiting in line at churches and courts asking to be married. Thank God we have such a fuctioning government in nigeria that solves the most pressing issues!
So gay marriage is the most pressing issue and not insufficient power supply, lack of good roads and the corruption in the country? 'Na wa for your thinking o!' Please don't ever say good of any european country with a good economy since they have not given their citizens 'the most pressing need' banning same sex marriage. I DO NOT support the marriage for religious and Godly reasons, but I tell you that is not our most pressing need. I'm highly disappointed in the statement 'most pressing issue' The senators themselves don't they indulge in it? I don't think any sane nigerian would have been discussing same sex marriage even though they've been practising the sex so why did they spring up the topic? Doesn't it say something to nigerians? Doesn't this tell nigerians that the senators may be EU's puppet trying to spring the issue so that when its banned, EU would Sanction us abi? Hasn't UK started theirs? (3000 pounds visa) my dear the senators are not saints themselves. So nigerians don't get over excited over this cause there may just be more to it. And for you thinking same sex marriage is our most pressing need, ponder over what I've just written and then ask your self this question 'is banning same sex marriage which doesn't exist our most pressing need? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Greatihex(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
All these demons inform of human beings that have come to use their sweet words to deceive nairalander, i declare that God will arrest you the way he arrested saul on his way to damascus in Jesus name!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Symphony007: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
sbaks:
So gay marriage is the most pressing issue and not insufficient power supply, lack of good roads and the corruption in the country? 'Na wa for your thinking o!' Please don't ever say good of any european country with a good economy since they have not given their citizens 'the most pressing need' banning same sex marriage. I DO NOT support the marriage for religious and Godly reasons, but I tell you that is not our most pressing need. I'm highly disappointed in the statement 'most pressing need' The senators themselves don't they indulge in it? I don't think any sane nigerian would have been discussing same sex marriage even though they've been practising the sex so why did they spring up the topic? Doesn't it say something to nigerians? Doesn't this tell nigerians that the senators may be EU's puppet trying to spring the issue so that when its banned, EU would Sanction us abi? Hasn't UK started theirs? (3000 pounds visa) my dear the senators are not saints themselves. So nigerians don't get over excited over this cause there may just be more to it. And for you thinking same sex marriage is our most pressing need, ponder over what I've just written and then ask your self this question 'is banning same sex marriage which doesn't exist our most pressing need? Thanks
do you know the meaning of sarcasm?
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by dinachi(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
sbaks:
So gay marriage is the most pressing issue and not insufficient power supply, lack of good roads and the corruption in the country? 'Na wa for your thinking o!' Please don't ever say good of any european country with a good economy since they have not given their citizens 'the most pressing need' banning same sex marriage. I DO NOT support the marriage for religious and Godly reasons, but I tell you that is not our most pressing need. I'm highly disappointed in the statement 'most pressing issue' The senators themselves don't they indulge in it? I don't think any sane nigerian would have been discussing same sex marriage even though they've been practising the sex so why did they spring up the topic? Doesn't it say something to nigerians? Doesn't this tell nigerians that the senators may be EU's puppet trying to spring the issue so that when its banned, EU would Sanction us abi? Hasn't UK started theirs? (3000 pounds visa) my dear the senators are not saints themselves. So nigerians don't get over excited over this cause there may just be more to it. And for you thinking same sex marriage is our most pressing need, ponder over what I've just written and then ask your self this question 'is banning same sex marriage which doesn't exist our most pressing need? Thanks

Stop pretending you homosexual bigot!

Banning Homosexual marriage is ONE of our pressing needs if you don't know.

Is it homosexual marriage that made America great? Why are you guys so worried that you are spewing rubbish here? Why didn't you mobilize to the senate to make your presentation known?

As far as we are concerned the legislation has put the matter to rest senate can now focus on other important things..and the moment the president signs the bill to law we will start seeking homosexuals like you out to face the full wrath of the law!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by onoja12: 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
i hear you,which law is that,why hasn't the American law been able to stop racist against blacks,una go they talk like say america na heaven,i go there i no believe say poverty dey that side.
abeg for the first time GEJ and him boys done do something right make i go drink bear
mink505:

gbam!!
we need to stop conflating culture with law. law should be there to PROTECT. In fact, the reason why gays have rights in western countries is because the law promotes human rights for ALL. whether you are gay or straight, child or adult, or tall or short or deaf or dumb or blind, muslim or christian. the law will protect you in America (at least 95% better than a country like Nigeria) as long as you do not harm or steal from others.
that is the big difference between Nigeria and western countries.

Nigeria has no human rights. child marriage, homophobia, corruption, r.ape, police brutality, violence, religious animosity is endemic. Nigeria is a failed country. Most Nigerians are ignorant masses easily herded like goats.

typical Nigerian mentality. Yet you fools will jump at a chance to leave Nigeria and go abroad to USA or UK. hahaha
hypocrites.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Symphony007: do you know the meaning of sarcasm?
It shouldn't be used now of all time. Even those in support of it would laugh at you and say you are shallow in thinking. It was really a wrong time to be sarcastic. Same sex marriage is a sin unto the almighty GOD but it is one of the least problems of this country. The senators talking you think some don't do it? And you think they are doing it (passing the bill) with one mind? Do you read your Bible? If no start and if yes you should understand what time we are in now so you shouldn't bother. Let them provide the necessary and do the necessary which is providing electricity, good road network, etc. And not bring same sex topic. Many people commenting on same sex marriage cannot do it in the open so that is to tell you that SSM is one of the if not the 'least' of our problems. Don't let these ungodly senators fool you they are not working with thw fear of GOD. GOD bless you
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
@dinachi
'Eya' may GOD open your eyes!!!!!! Anyway I never said the act makes any country great. I just hope they ban SSM which has 'never'' existed in nigeria and then abandon good roads, paying workers, building industries and providing electricity and water and see what the country will turn to (GOD forbid a bad thing as this 'sha')))). If you were in people's shoes who had nothing to feed on, would you not slap the senators for springing up a topic that doesn't exist in the country? Have you ever witnesswd any SSM in this country? I've not anyway. This shows these senators have brain washed you. I'm even so convinced because you didn't even read my post well before commenting which is so typical of nigerians who don't like reading but talking. Anyway tell your senators who indulge in various ungodly acts and pedophilism and even same sex relationships,, that we nigerians don't have time for their open show of hypocrisy and that they should give us our basic needs like electricity, good roads, pay lecturers well (so that there's no strike again while their own children school abroad and end up becoming top shots in government parastatals like SEC AMCON etc) good water supply etc. 'When we don belefu we fit talk of SSM.' Countries that talk of SSM are countries that have 'belefu' and not the likes of nigeria which has a lot of 'pressing needs at hand' come to think of it, have niger our neighbouring country talked of it despite they enjoy electricity more than us who gives them this electricity? 'Them know say them never belefu so dem no go spring up the issue' and mind you no body can try SSM in niger. Nigeria should emulate them (even though we are more advanced thank GOD for that) when we are ok 'ehen' senate can bring any topic and ofcourse talk if banning it. When we see any of such marriages but let them address the main like insecurity. GOD help this country from people deceiving people IJMN AMEN
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
sbaks:
It shouldn't be used now of all time. Even those in support of it would laugh at you and say you are shallow in thinking. It was really a wrong time to be sarcastic. Same sex marriage is a sin unto the almighty GOD but it is one of the least problems of this country. The senators talking you think some don't do it? And you think they are doing it (passing the bill) with one mind? Do you read your Bible? If no start and if yes you should understand what time we are in now so you shouldn't bother. Let them provide the necessary and do the necessary which is providing electricity, good road network, etc. And not bring same sex topic. Many people commenting on same sex marriage cannot do it in the open so that is to tell you that SSM is one of the if not the 'least' of our problems. Don't let these ungodly senators fool you they are not working with thw fear of GOD. GOD bless you
You really do not know the meaning of sacarsm! Stop confusing yourself that you do.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Symphony007: do you know the meaning of sarcasm?
I understand your post now. I'm sorry
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by oluwaahmed: 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
gboso1ne: I will support same sex marriage the moment they will be able to have their own childre without going through adoption

WORD! I dnt hav any problems wit homos effin demselves in d arse( who cares) but dem adoptin innocent babies and messin up deir deir psyche is totally sicknening. Aren't gays even bleeped up? Goin 2 adopt a baby thereby forcin d child 2 be gay. Spreadin deir virus like worl war Z
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
oluwaahmed:

WORD! I dnt hav any problems wit homos effin demselves in d arse( who cares) but dem adoptin innocent babies and messin up deir deir psyche is totally sicknening. Aren't gays even bleeped up? Goin 2 adopt a baby thereby forcin d child 2 be gay. Spreadin deir virus like worl war Z
Heterosexual parents, are they not the ones producing all gay & straight kids too, even the ones they adopted? Gay kids will be gay regardless of who raises them. If a child is not gay, having adopted gay parents will not change that.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by HezronLorraine(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Gone are the days of heated arguments.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by HezronLorraine(m): 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
DJDOLA: sorry bro I feel ur pain....and how is ur partner doing I mean mazkons
Don't feel any pain dude,even though naija is bleeped up,am still safe,it's not like I'll walk down to Ikoyi marriage registry to get married,who needs their worthless paper.Love wins in all things,I don't need a piece of paper to define it to me.

Btw,it's Masonkz,he's my friend not my partner.He's fine.In fact we just bought Aso Ebi for his engagement to his boyfriend.you are invited. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hezron Lorraine: Don't feel any pain dude,even though naija is bleeped up,am still safe,it's not like I'll walk down to Ikoyi marriage registry to get married,who needs their worthless paper.Love wins in all things,I don't need a piece of paper to define it to me.

Btw,it's Masonkz,he's my friend not my partner.He's fine.In fact we just bought Aso Ebi for his engagement to his boyfriend.you are invited. grin grin grin
huh!!
His boyfriend?,did u mean his girlfriend?
oya c d similarities na,HIS and BOYfriend..wat does dis tell u
Smh
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
sbaks:
So same sex marriage is more grievious to you than sexually abusing an innocent child that knows nothing? Na wa for you

See this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gunshots In Osun As Gunmen Take Over Polling Zone / Interdenominational Church Service For Emeka Ihedioha (Photos) / NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.